What's the point?

What's the point?

While I don't have a great life, I don't have a bad one either. I'm not poor, im not overly lonely, I have a good family, I'm not dumb, im not un-attractive... but the past few years have just really worn down on me.

I transitioned from being a NEET 5 years ago, to having a job, and it was great for a while... but life is just starting to feel empty and plain grey. Ive had a few relationships, and theyve all ended relatively uneventfully, except 2 whom cheated on me, and the recent girls I've talked to have either admitted to cheating in the past, or been open to cheating on their current boyfriends with me.

So, what's the point of it all? I'm earning money, but I don't have the friends or time to spend that money in enjoyable ways. I cant bring myself to date because women seem like such trash these days, and I don't even enjoy my job anymore. I just feel like I'm getting older and not really doing anything impactful.
I'm only 26, so I know I'm still relatively young... but I couldn't imagine doing this for another 5 years without killing myself.

Right now I'm just staring at my screen at some work I need to do, and I'm just thinking "why even bother."

Anyone got any ideas or have a similar experience?

Attached: why.jpg (546x550, 52K)

you should get into bdsm

do you have a painless exit strategy ?

I'm into light BDSM, though mostly about master-mistress dom. It's fun but it still feels empty. Been there done that.

Nah, been trying to think of one for quite a while. I wouldn't mind offing myself but the problem is I don't want to hurt my family by doing it.
Best Idea I've had is to go on an "adventure holiday" and "go missing."

same op, around the same age, great life ut worry about what I'll have to endure in the future and gives me severe anxiety. Feel really ungrateful but just creeps up on me.

Same with the family thing and also too much of a coward. Maybe drunk with a bullet? Access to a high calibre firearm is a problem though.

>feel really ungrateful
Same. I feel like a dick because my life is "fine" but I still want to end it when I know people are so much worse off than I am. But I really can't be bothered with life anymore. And I don't see anything interesting to hold out for in the future either.

That wasn't an idea for you, my own thought process.

British, no can do.
And I woulkdn't be able to do that to my family. Watched enough suicide and gore videos to know how much of a mess it leaves.

I'd say we're pretty much the same, not really an answer though is there? I've thought about just waiting until it gets really shit and sorting means out then

Depends who finds it? And not British but close.

I figured I'd just quit my job and let things get ban enough to force my fight or flight reflex to fix my life... but I figured that would be an extremely shit experience.

It's worrying posting this without any VPN come to think of it. But like they say, don't take anything here seriously. Can tell we're both not joking though.

Seek help OP, I've been there. I was there in Aug '17, that was my first attempt. If you ask for help it's not weakness but strength to seek out help. Please talk to someone. Much love OP.

Not OP but hard to talk to someone about it. Risk of being admitted to a mental hospital or other's finding out. I seem happy and my life seems 100% fine, absolutely nothing to complain about really. Difficult sitch.

This is a depressing bit of good news, the Health are system is so overworked and under invested they only hospitalise the most sever cases. I was an outpatient for all of my treatment, I'm no there yet but each day is a bit better than the day before

what do they even do or treat you for?
I've never liked the idea of taking meds to "fix" anything related to personality.

Holy shit man, we must be fucking related I swear

I guess there's a lot of people like us. Doesn't surprise me to be honest, it's not like we tlk to people about it.

Where I'm from being admitted to a clinic or even talking to a counsellor, psychologist or mental health practitioner goes on record and will have affect on everything you do

For me, I have borderline personality disorder, type 2 bi-polar, anxiety and depression. I've had a long history of self harm and suicide attempts but I managed to seek help and I was put on some meds and was put through therapy. The first cocktail of meds were shit and actually made everything worse! Then I went to hospital as I was hearing voices and I was terrified! They chenged my meds and we've been slowly getting the levels right. In the last 12 months I've had no med changes and I feel like I used to 5 years ago. I'm stable and happy and can have meaningful relationships. If I hadn't asked for help I'd be dead or trying to die. Please seek help. I don't know you and I'm probably on the other side of the world but it would mean a lot if you could seek help...

I appreciate your post, but our cases are different. I'm perfectly healthy aside from this slice of depression. I'm not really suicidal or have made any attempts. I'm just bored of life I think.
I couldn't KMS because of family anyway.

Never self harmed or tried to take my life yet, literally a coward. I often lay awake thinking about and charade shooting myself in the head. I've really thought it through. I can't bring myself to tell anyone about it though for a thousand reasons. Don't know how people worse of than me can be happy.