What happens when you go to court? Im 18 and was given a citation for assaulting someone and my court date is tomorrow

What happens when you go to court? Im 18 and was given a citation for assaulting someone and my court date is tomorrow.

Attached: 568D488D-7E94-4FCD-9974-FDEE056C6790.jpg (1263x1920, 276K)

It's like going to the principal's office, but much more serious and you have to listen to a whole bunch of other people depending on the alphabet.

you're heading down a great path, moron. have fun getting fucked in prison your whole life.

kek'd

You go to jail for being a little bitch and take nig cocks in your butt

You'll sit in court for 30 minutes as tons of other people get up and sort their buisness (no, you won't be alone there and no it isn't like Judge Judy) and then your name finally gets called, the Judge asks you if you have any prior criminal history or if you regret it, gives you a fine or a little community service or something.

If it's simple assault and you are 18 the judge is going to remand you into custody to "teach you a lesson" it won't be for long, maybe 30-60 days. Just keep your head down and mind your own business and you'll get through it just fine.

Yup that's what happened to me two years back. Judge said he wanted to teach me a lesson now so I won't need to learn a harder one later.

OP here

if i already admitted to the cop that i did the crime can i still plead not guilty to the judge. or is it better to plead guilty?

>you go into a lobby
>officer does roll call
>officer goes over rules
>no sharp items no guns etc
>go through metal detector into court room
>sit down and wait for your turn
(if you're lucky you're one of the first ppl to get called up)
>speak to judge
>he/she says shit
>you say shit
>fill out forms
>go to another waiting room and wait for your name
>talk to clerk and make arrangements to pay your fine
>walk out ez

Pay your shit and dont do anymore dumbshit.
Dont be a nigger or a smartass
Dress nicely but dont wear a fucking tux.

And when you get out, try not to assault people.

>citation for assaulting someone
Great job.
You'll wait until your turn to approach the podium, the judge will call you a fucktard in the most formal way he can, and you'll get a sentence that may or may not include jail time.

Tell the judge to suck your dick just to show him that you will not take any bullshit from his fucked up judicial system. Godspeed user, I know you'll do the right thing.

This guy has the right idea.

In my experience you either plead guilty or not guilty the first time you go in.

Plead guilty do the 60 days and put it behind you. If you go beyond this they will ask for a full jail sentence 364 days since you are wasting their time.

Your gonna get raped boi. Better start some anal stretching exercises tonight or your ass is gonna be hurting. Might want to rethink your life choices. And get used to your farts never making a sound again.

Judge will have the citation/police report if the officer who gave it to you isn't there.

Don't lie, just be polite and answer simply. The judge is just another person and people don't like being lied to, especially when they already know the answer.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS SAYING IM GOING TO JAIL? the cop who gave the citation said that this is not a big deal. please i dont want to go to jail please guys there has to be another way

This happened when I got pinched for fighting at a football game five days after my 18th birthday. Just said that exact same bullshit. He hit me with 90 days I was out in 45 because I kept my nose clean.

no the first time you ask for a continuance so you can assault more people.

I can tell many comments are from white people. If you're white, it'll be a "lesson to you". If you're black, they'll "make an example out of you".

Got busted with pot and they emptied my grinder on the side of the road and took my weed. Carson had to do Community Service, had probation for a year and had to take a drug education class.

Say your honor when you talk to judge and wear a suit

fucking see my post i actually spent time on and not some trolls replies
I NEED MY (YOU)S

this is now a bait thread

You'll likely do a little time. 30 to 90 days. If you didn't do it plead not guilty and get a lawyer (DO NOT USE THE PUBLIC DEFENDER). If you did it, plead guilty and do the time. They will likely cuff you up right then and there and take you in so you don't have time to make it worse by not showing up.

Make sure you've done shit like paid your cellphone bill, car note, etc. two to three months in advance or make arraignments to have them paid so you don't fuck up your credit on top of it.

You can still plead not guilty might not be the best move for you though

The first offense? Probably nothing depending on whether or not you did significant damage to the other person - which could result in restitution or serious jail time. Repeat offenders get fucked more and more as the frequency increases. Ive had a few assault charges, two of which were dropped when i could prove it was self defense (thank you cell phones).

tl;dr - not much but dont keep doing it or your ass will end up in prison

assault? short jail sentence minimum security or most likely probation I would guess

All depends on the state. Where I'm from you dont get jail for simple assault.. usually house arrest or community service... all depends on situation. Judge sometimes dismiss assault cases cause its human nature and bs...

PLEAD NO CONTEST! LOL
Fucking dumbass.

If your stupid ass said guilty already then nvrmind what i said before about a fine. Enjoy your fucking jail, dumbass.

I did 37 days on the exact same thing at the exact same age. Mom and pops got me a lawyer and he laughed when we came in. Said I'll take your money, but it only ends with a short stay in jail. He said at my age they want to do an intervention to ensure I see what I'm headed for. He told us to have me go in, be polite with yes your honor, no your honor and do the time to get it behind me as quickly as possible.

Make sure you ask for expungement once you've done the time and paid any fines. Then it won't be on your public record since it's a first offense.

Sorry bro, I can't say it was easy like the others. Shit sucked hard.

I got assaulted once, honestly didn't want the police involved because it was no big deal, the other guy was a friend and he only got off with only having to write an apology letter and community service

OP here. if i was given the citation before i was 18 but the court date is after im 18 will this make any difference?

ALSO. probation officers called and said that my court location was changed. Do i listen to them or still go to the court thats named on my citation paper

Attached: 048945D3-1E2B-41A8-916B-52A5A503293D.jpg (679x858, 49K)

yall niggers are retarded for taking any deal or doing any time for an assault charge. You do no contest do a 360 outta the court room and pay a fine.

I once chased a junkie down street with weapon.. fucker just goes off on me cussing... I walks away.. but he follows and cuts me off... pulled out sock with very hard round object inside and ran at him.... called cops cause fucker wouldn't go away.... basically told cop if you guys dont get him I will... said self defense is bs in Canada and I was to lay low cause he's mental in head...

The location change is a red flag. They are absolutely going to cuff you up and put you in. They most likely want you at a court that has transport to the jail assuming you plead guilty.

Your IQ is equal to the two last digits of your get.

oh yea? Did you guys play hockey after you faggots

op here im in calfornia if that makes a difference

nobody has asked to greentext the assault

fuck you for not replying to anything i said.
i hope you do at least 90 days in jail.

Nigger , you dont need anyone's help, havnt you watch the movies about courtroom stuff . Here's what your gonna do .

As soon as the judge asks how do you plead , you fall onto the floor and scream "ohh lawd i's feel that devil gettin in mies skin again boss ! I's done gone and hit that poor white girl again" shake around a bit and the judge will throw out the case .

Just saying some cops will cover your ass.. they pretty much said if nobody sees it then it didn't happen.

Well be waiting for you white boi

Attached: f_33.jpg (1046x584, 107K)

are you the guy with the greentext that ends with me just paying fines? if so i hope your right. they gave me the citation when i was 17 and i have no past criminal history so maybe they will let me off easily

Better watch some wes Watson on YouTube..

I got 60 for the same shit OP is saying he did at the same age :D

I was out in 39. It sucked and the Mexicans were the worst.

yes for green text and i pled NO CONTEST

Did you idiots already admit to it and plead guilty? cuz that would explain faggot number two 60 days in jail and being let out in 39

i just read the reviews for my court it has 1 star and even comments with white people as profile pic are saying its like north korea. is this a bad sign

Plead nigger

The judge will look at the balif and say

Attached: hes-right-you-know-32644960.png (500x396, 115K)

Might get lucky and they dont show. Or they show up high on drugs and dont make any sense.. did you write a statement against yourself?

whats the difference betwen no contest and guilty. how would i even choose that, will the judge ask me if i want to plead no contest or will i have to ask for it myself?

this guy gets it.

Cops baiting ppl into admitting shit instead of pleading

Guilty means you did it.
No Contest is a way of not admitting you did it but also not admitting you didnt do it. "I do not wish to contend".

if he will ask how do you plea.
"No contest"
if my green text story the officer goes over the rules. He will explain how to address the judge and go over no contest.

its his first charge hes not going to jail. 18 months probation

thanks guys for the advice ill pleas no contest and hope the judge lets me off easy. Oh and one more question: if i miss my court date what will happen? its pretty far away and i may have trouble making it there

Do several enemas tonight to clear yourself out. Then in the morning, use a lot of Vaseline to lubricate your anus. It doesn't dry out like water based lubes do. Go heavy on applying it, you may have a really hard day tomorrow.

You have no priors and it’s just a misdemeanor at worst, it sounds like. You’ll probably get a stint on probation, have to piss in a cup every month and pick up trash on the side of the road.

warrant for your arrest. you will surely go to jail if you miss court you dumb nigger

Cop told you that so you would show up for your court date instead of pulling a runner.

>A bench warrant is an arrest warrant that is ordered by a judge against the defendant in a criminal case or a similar proceeding such as for a traffic ticket. A bench warrant is typically issued in the case of a failure to appear for trial, sometimes abbreviated "FTA."

Just fucking show up or else "i have no criminal record" will turn upside real quick. If its far you better start walking now or get an uber. Or fucking hell you're 18 im sure you have friends or family with that can drive you

user, if you did it plead guilty. The judge wants to hear some acceptance of responsibility. And if you miss your court date, the judge issued a capias. Have fun with your bench warrant. You’ll go to jail for sure because you’re a fucking flight risk.

youre gonna get raped user

God im so glad i dont have court or any type of bullshit tmrw. Gonna fap and sleep so good tonight, sleep in late cuz i got nowhere to be. I love being white

for first time offenders here (small county TX) they will often have you sheduled to be jailed every weekend for a certain amount of time. usually like 6 months or less. It's a shock therapy sort of thing. so you still have a normal life and work and have responsibilities but you're required to show up to jail part of your time.
jails are overcrowded as they are and a smart judge would not send an 18 year old to jail, full time as it could simply make matters worse.
jails are like college for criminals. they just get worse the more they are incarcerated and not given any sort of mandate or responsibility such as rehab or community service.

Miss your court date and the judge may issue a bench warrant for your arrest.

DO NOT MISS YOURT COURT DATE.

Attached: A7A75B39-03C9-4191-B1E5-ECCA1909938A.jpg (1024x576, 206K)

this. and on-top of your original charge. it shows that you're irresponsible and not willing to correct your behavior.
I believe most counties offer a service if you call their non-emergency hotline, request a pickup and they will transport you to your hearing.

true fact there

Yeah, make plans now. Don't mess with that. Make sure you have a ride, put it on your calendar, make reminders. Play it straight and learn from your mistakes and you'll be fine.

user what’s the court date for? What state? Sentencing? Pretrial conference? Prima facie hearing? Do you have an attorney? What are the circumstances of the assault? How is the charge graded? Whatever it is, show up on time freshly showered, shaved and in a suit.

Wow. A free ride to jail !

I’m guessing you haven’t even been arraigned, OP? Was the charge a mailer or were you arrested when the cops took the call and had you held until you could go for arraignment and bail consideration?

Tell the judge to fuck himself. They like a guy with some balls.

Your dumb nigger ass gonna get 90 days

Ask your lawyer.

This. Show up in a suit. Been there. Look like and speak like a professional and not a hoodlum. Demonstrate you made a one time mistake and this isnt your future path. Sit somewhere the judge can see you, and sit up straight and dont goof off on your cell phone. Speak with remorse but speak with confidence and look at him when you speak to him. These things will help you more than you know

california. i punched someone a few times, they called the cops. i told the cops i only pushed this person. They cuffed me and took me to the station and took my picture and prints n shit, then released me and gave me a citation.

Honestly i dont know what any of those other questions mean. I was 17 when the cops have me a citation and court date is after im 18. also i dont have no fucking suit LOL ill be walking in the court house with my gucci flip flops on

I wrote the post I replied to in this post OP. Heed what I said. If you dress like a hoodlum you will be treated like a hoodlum. You are making a mistake

Fpbp.

Alright, thanks for the advice buddy. ill try to wear something better

What matters is that you were 17 at the time of the offense, so you’ll be in the juvenile system. Idk about California but I don’t think you’ll have a record. Juvenile records are typically sealed and thus not public, so a future employer can’t discover that on a background check. Check with your lawyer to be sure (get a fucking lawyer that’s not a public defender). You almost certainly aren’t going to be sentenced tomorrow. Get a lawyer to work with the assistant district attorney to get you into some kind of pretrial service. If you didn’t really fuck the other person up and send them to the hospital, it shouldn’t be a problem. Be respectful, speak when spoken to (very important) and follow all rules the court imposes to the T. Don’t wear flip flops. Look like you give a shit.

thanks again for the advice man. ill call a lawyer and try to work something out.

Again, I don’t know that system but I can’t imagine the courts asking you to enter a plea to a criminal charge without representation. That would be a huge fucking scandal. They’ll probably be pissed you don’t have a lawyer already because there’s generally a good bit of time between arrest and initial appearance. Play the dumb, scared kid who didn’t know what to do and say you’ll get a lawyer the moment you can get outside to make a phone call. They’ll probably reschedule that hearing and you’ll have to appear again, but seriously don’t wait to call a lawyer.

Will do. thanks for the advice i wouldnt have gotten it anywhere else

That was your first mistake. Good luck, user.

Go plead not guilty and they will set a trial date. Then accept that date. Go to the courthouse a couple weeks later and change the date. When it gets closer to trial change the court date again . Do this till they won't let u anymore. Show up with a lawyer and get an adjudicated sentence. Unsupervised probation for prolly a year as long as u don't get caught doing something again. Next time don't get caught or don't make a statement. Let them arrest you then let a lawyer sort it out. The rules of society are dumb as fuck

Zero guarantee the date change will be approved. There has to be a legitimate reason and you will piss the judge/DA off by continuing to push it back, they see it all the time. If you plead not guilty and they call your bluff and get the trial going you're getting maximum sentencing especially if you were a pain in the ass leading up to it. Get a lawyer and work a deal.

Didn't get a lawyer? Here's how it's going to go, your wallet's asshole is going to get fucked.

If you don't have a lawyer then you're going to prison.
But you'll spend time in jail first.
This time tomorrow, you'll be taking huge black cock like a champ.

You really should use your time wisely tonight.
PREPARE YO ANUS!!!

i dont have a job i live with my mom, how am i going to get a lawyer?. anyway though i already know what to do but thanks for the negativity faggots

>i already know what to do
use lots of lube
vaseline works
start with a carrot
then work up to a cucumber
shove as much vaseline up your ass as you can right before you go to court
ask the biggest and blackest man if you can be his bitch

you should be fine

>how am I going to get a lawyer?

If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided to you. A lawyer who is so overworked and underpaid they will spend 15 minutes on your case and will work out a deal that fucks your ass instead of your wallet.

Just ask for it to be lowered to a summary judgement and you'll pay the fine. The whole court system is set up to take money. Offer money and they usually cave. If they offer a plea deal, counter with, look give me a deal for summary judgement or I'll pull your surety bond. You could also ask the judge if he's willing to make it go away if you join the military. Army navy airforce or marines. Be like "look I'm sorry let me use my rage to serve my country". Whatever you do don't bitch out or you'll go to jail. Go talk to a recruiter that day.

Just take the legitimate advice we have given you. You are going to be ok. They would rather have a legit criminal in you spot in a jail. Demonstrate you're a respectful put together citizen and you'll be free before you know it. Stay cool and show up when requested. I went through a much scarier charge than you did. But I made it clear it was a mistake and I am an educated and productive citizen and walked out with 2 year probation when I was looking at a lot lot worse.

Do

You can but you done fucked up. Only thing you say to police is I would like to retain legal counsel. If it's your first offence depending on the judge you will get probation and 30 days or just probation. Ratted yourself out though op best to plead guilty.

Attached: best-walking-dead-jokes-2.jpg (660x987, 166K)

So much this.

Ask if you can join the military if it can go away. Be like "i want to serve my country in some way" say it with remorse and confidence and you'll probably get it gone. You need to have a plan for your life or you'll end up in jail. If not this time, next time.

Never talk to police.

Never plead guilty. Always make an offer. Offer to pay a summery or offer to join the military. Anybody telling you to plea guilty to anything is trolling you.

If you did it you'll have a much easier time in there telling the truth. Be a man. You got caught so just spill your guts say it was a terrible moment in your life and say you regret it. Best thing you can do is ask the judge what you can do to get this off your record. Say you'll do community service or anything. I didnt do this and in my state we cant get our records expunged.

We'll

one time i was in group traffic court. it was pretty lame. we all had to wait to be called up to either accept or pay a ticket. there was this gimpy mexican guy getting busted for a 25 dollar ticket, something really stupid like mudflaps or something. he stood up and proclaimed "i will not accept this ticket, even if you KILL ME RIGHT NOW!" the whole room burst out laughing, even the judge.

All these posts talking about rape discard that shit. Rape is not as common as the movies suggest. Keep your head down. Don't cause shit. If someone starts shit fight and I mean start the fight even if you lose you likely won't have to fight again because you have proven you aren't a bitch. DO NOT RAT or be a button pusher. Read books and keep to yourself and shit will be alright. Keep an eye out for who runs shit on your unit and be respectful.

Attached: ffb.jpg (496x600, 34K)

No no no no no
Anybody telling you this doesn't understand the legal system. If you do this you'll fuck yourself. Ask if you can join the military op

Yeah because it's a summery offense. Criminal is a different story that can fuck you hard with a felony. Ask to join the military.

Dubs of truth

You should have called a lawyer THE DAY you got arrested. Seriously, they don’t want to hear that you don’t have representation. The DA does not want a pro se fag on a criminal case. They won’t take a plea from you without a lawyer, at least on the first hearing date, but they won’t be happy with you that you’ve had all this time to pick up a fucking phone and you didn’t. This isn’t a joke. This is a criminal charge to an assault. It just shows you don’t give a fuck and this is the time to give a fuck. Do yourself a favor and get a fucking lawyer the moment you wake up tomorrow. Or represent yourself and feel free to study appellate cases for case law on minor assault charges from the prison library. Law books really are light reading.

This for sure. These judges are usually white old men who appreciate someone who dresses for the occasion. I didnt have a suit so I wore the nicest looking dress up shirt I had from high school and black jeans. I was best dressed there and I think it made a difference. I also got a haircut before.

He told the cops he did it lol. Like I said done fucked up. If he puts in a bit guilty plea the judge going to think he's a nigger who can't man up and throw the book at him. Since he has no lawyer is going to have a hard time bargaining for a plea. Likely if he goes up himself the judge is going to call him a moron and appoint duty counsel.

im 5'11 but only 135lbs. if i get into a fight im pretty much fucked

Same here. I've gotten off a felony charge just by showing respect. If you don't show respect you'll end up in the slammer.

Not guilty....

Cops are only enforcers. They have some power but that ends in the court room. In that court room, treat that judge as if he's Jesus Christ himself. Because he basically is. Yeah most judges won't even talk to you anymore. If anything he needs to talk to the prosecuting attorney and ask if he can request a summary judgement and offer to join the military. It's really the only way out of any crime at 18. Join the military and serve. Act like it's a one time mistake and go join the army.

If you get bitched tested and don't defend yourself you will be in for a much worse time. The worst in your unit will circle like vultures. I spent 5 years in max. You will likely be tested within the first 3 days in a maximum security. Like I said either the shits gonna go down. Cute you think you can just get out of it.

Just offer to join the army. It's his only way out at this point.

Always my plea but all I say to cops is I have nothing to say and would like to retain legal counsel. Put me back in the holding cell.

That sounds worse than prison though

What state? Copfag here.

You’re not going to max prison OP on what sounds like a misdemeanor assault charge with no prior record. You’ll be asked to enter a plea, which should either be not guilty or “your honor, I need a lawyer.” THEN GET A LAWYER THE MINUTE YOU CAN.

Yeah prison is no joke. Op needs to basically beg to join the army. It's his best option. Whatever you do op, in that court room, don't cry. Act like a man. Beg to join the army, and go serve. They'll make a man out of you. Join the army. It's really the only way out. Once you get a felony, kiss your future goodbye.

california

I'm not a burger though so listen to this burger. Army is probably better then a felony charge. Shit is for life. Shit ruins your life.

Nolo proseque, i wish for this to be dropped to a summary offense and I'd like nothing more than to join the army and put my energy to good use please.

i was planning on pursuing a career in mma so maybe a felony wouldnt really do much to me anyways

California. OP punched someone and admitted he “shoved” the victim. Was arrested and charged, so I’m guessing PC was built on victim statement, injury documentation/witness statement. No attorney. Was 17 at time of offense, now 18 at time of initial appearance. Not an attorney, but I’m guessing it’s still juvenile system. Tomorrow sounds like an arraignment and bail hearing.

Seriously the army, 50/50 that you'll die. If you catch a felony then you're as good as dead.

As a guy with 2 felony charges I can confirm. I still pull 120k a year but pretty much stuck with shitty labour jobs and my second felony court went quick and basically any charge you get the max sentence because you are already deemed a piece of shit by society.

It makes a difference for sure. They don’t want to waste prison space on someone who made a mistake and wants to change their ways a be a good citizen. I looked like a professional and spoke like one. It sounds like reateded boomer advice I’ve been harping on but this will save your life OP. You will get an opportunity to speak at your sentencing. Talk about your plan to fix yourself and how you will benefit your community. That’s the last thing said before the judge makes his sentence. It’s unironcally the most powerful statement in the trial if you are true and genuine

Mma will not take a convicted felon.

Do you have a lawyer?
You’ll be arraigned and asked to enter a plea. Consult counsel prior to doing so. Generally, the DA will agree to what’s referred to in NY (though I’m sure California has a similar thing) as an ACD. Basically you stay out of trouble for six months (or a similar length of time) and the charges will be dismissed. There’s literally zero chance of you spending any time in custody on a misdemeanor assault charge.

I missed the whole 17 at time of offense thing. Yeah, the juvenile justice system is even more clown shoes than big boy court. Won’t even be a slap on the wrist.

derrick lewis

Stop punching trump supporters. It's not worth the felony.

The ufc will under no circumstances take a felon. Any of the other mma organizations that used to, stopped taking felons. Bad for image.

Oh your in California court system there is a joke. Your not even going to do time. Get legal counsel and you won't see any time in the catch and release state. Jails are full since the Democrats have the prisons full of homeless people. Some hobos in California have 53 convictions within 3 years.

>Copfag
Kys

Hey op, did you by chance "punch a nazi aka trump supporter"?

If so the political sphere is very tense and if you did, it's a hate crime. Automatic felony.

He's in California

Ok kiddo. Maybe get some life experience before you run your mouth

No you

Kys bud not all cops are evil like the democraps make them out to be get off the koolaid.

Attached: 1566422667740.jpg (964x1024, 98K)

nigger

He’s totally right though. Not having an attorney is a legitimate reason for pushing the court date back, at least for the first date.

Anybody who takes away man's free will is evil.
Stay brainwashed kiddo

If you plead guilty you have to fully know the consequences of the deal otherwise it could get fucked on appeal

If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes kiddo. pic related i found one of you. I'm sure your in there somewhere.

Attached: 1566422309812.png (500x618, 180K)

Free will has nothing to do with it. I mostly tell stupid people and drunks to be a little less stupid or a little less drunk. Or to go be stupid and drunk somewhere else. And I narcan a lot of people.

That’s about it.