This was Nintendo's best console

This was Nintendo's best console.

Attached: file.png (1280x848, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aY7EqNkVjfs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

too bad Luigis mansion is a boring piece of shit

Nah, it was a fun light hearted romp. Good tech demo for the GameCube

it's the worst one by a long shot, Wii U sold less units and it still has more memorable games than the GC

the gamecube was pretty much universally hated when it was new dumb zoomer
>small discs meant less ports and held back other multiplats
>no dvd support
>extremely limited online support
>marketed almost entirely towards children outside re4

Lol

It was decent

one of their worst.

>universally hated
>basing your opinions on what to like and what not to like off of what other people think
Cringe.

it was one of those systems that no one wanted
>no one wanted a purple box
>no one wanted baby-sized discs
>everyone knew a guy who had one, so that was your free meal ticket to melee
>no need to buy one because -see above-
>only game anyone played was melee because -see above-
>you get the picture......

But that’s not a switch

>the gamecube was pretty much universally hated when it was new
That has no bearing on what OP said. It is still Nintendo's best console.
>no dvd support
>extremely limited online support
These things do not matter outside of Phantasy Star Online.
>marketed almost entirely towards children outside of re4
Play more games. There are plenty of GC games not marketed to children if that's what you want to play.

NES and SNES were the best consoles.

Switch is just a Wii U Deluxe. It has no good original games and tons of ports

It was their best controller, not console

Played Double Dash with my GF on this eve. Just use a GCHD

>It is still Nintendo's best console.
nes, snes, wii are all far better. gc is n64/wiiu tier.

Keyword is marketed. If you grew up around that time, you'd know that the GameCube was indeed marketed as the family friendly/borderline kiddy console. It was known for games like Sunshine (Mario cleaning up paint with basically an advanced water squirter), Shadow the Hedgehog, Wind Waker (which looked like a children's cartoon show), Tak and the Power of JuJu, and other games along this line. Meanwhile PS2 and Xbox were the Madden, NBA, GTA, DMC, Ninja Garden, Halo, Tekken boxes and everyone viewed then as such. He's speaking about the perception, and he's absolutely right. This also had a strongly negative impact in the overall sales of the GameCube as well as 3rd party offerings (alongside issues with the disc sizes, but perception of the GameCube and what games would likely sell on it absolutely played big roles too).

Zoomies pretend to care about this console because they love larping as smelee players, no one ever talk about its good games like Pikmin, or Metroid Prime.

Remember the "hold down Z with one controller" alternate bootup you got when you turned the console on?

youtu.be/aY7EqNkVjfs

I still have no idea why they thought this was a good idea, but whatever.

The King of Sleepovers.

Attached: 56862784-1c13-4c84-b3fe-029f90c479bf.jpg (1600x1200, 143.28K)

It's the most overrated console next to the Saturn.

>got into dbz games again ever since i got an old wii
>remember i used to love shin budokai 2 in the psp
>budokai 3 is an upgraded version of it
>ps2 only
why.......

Attached: 1650341416012 1650341401782.jpg (801x518, 72.42K)

The sales aint backing up your "overrated" argument

Attached: 1518097601818.png (1000x512, 51.57K)

Although I personally put the N64 above both GameCube and Wii U, I agree with this.

>sega saturn sold so well it isnt even on the chart

Based

Attached: bafbaf765edc583856dac2b9d44089f8.jpg (564x533, 62.29K)

What was Gamecube equivalent to something like Gran Turismo 3/4? They found OOT for halo kids in metroid but I don't see F-Zero as the kind of game that would compete with something that goes after the "realism" niche (that just happens to sell a fuck-ton). This is a similar situation to how most japanese devs dropped out of the N64 and lost millions of lonely teenagers who play games in the dark

i kinda lost interest in gaming for quite a long time and played nothing but thps1 on ps1 for years and years in the early/mid 2000s, then i bought a lovely pearl gamecube with my first paycheck from sports direct and got resi 4 and wind waker, probably the last time i remember waking up early in the morning on a saturday excited to play games. metroid prime 2 as well, oh yeah. gamecube was v. good. the end of my childhood i guess. rip.

Attached: gc.jpg (734x734, 94.59K)

Attached: file.png (1204x1600, 1.75M)

>Gamecube equivalent to something like Gran Turismo 3/4?
multiplats like r racing evolution and auto modelista. obviously these all sold better on consoles where the audience wasn't buck broken into buying only first party titles.

>want gamecube game that doesn't look like a toddler rubbed it against a dog for 5 years
>that will be $120 plus tip

best is probably an overstatement
it was definitely nintendos last good console though

nintendo prices are entirely based on the fact that man children are forced to pay that much. These games outsold the console lol.

For me it was around 2005 when I stopped playing on consoles and completely switched over to PC[Thanks to UT-2004].
Last game I played a lot on console was Champions of Norrath.

Attached: 4de81394825372a24e4ef4c6768bc580.jpg (268x268, 7.68K)

wii was better because it actually had good games

Modern gaming sucks. Like PS5 has no good games and Series X is fine for multiplats but I mostly use it for BC (which is excels at) and playing through NGB and NG2 were the highlights of the gen for me. It's pathetic.

Gamecube was from an era where mind blowing stuff happened all the time but in hindsight it was a fantastic console. Nothing quite blew my mind the way Melee and Metroid Prime did. I didn't think graphics could be any better.

Agree
Wii was only good cause it was a GC in disguise. The OG Wii games were mostly mediocre.

the wii had better games than the gamecube, it also helps they didn't run like shit unlike the gamecube. Nothing on the cube was as good as rodea, dokapon kingdom, last story, pandora's tower, fragile dreams, opoona or lost in shadow.

Switch is their best "console". Best console for jrpg and tendie output by far

The only relevant console had before the Switch was the SNES.

Otherwise only their portables are actually good. GBA, DS and 3DS. And the Switch also counts as a hybrid portable console, anyway.

N64, NGC, Wii and Wii U are completely shit and only kids born in the 00s and
10s could think otherwise.

>the wii had better games than the gamecube

Man this is a terrible take. Galaxy was better than Sunshime but outside that

>Melee>>>>Brawl
>Wind Waker>>>>>Skyward Sword
>Metroid Prime>>>>>>MP3 and Other M
>F-Zero GX>>>>>>any other game ever made since

Mmmmmm

Attached: 1649912064777m.jpg (1024x750, 118.94K)

Same, Metroid Prime slapped hard.
The moment the intro music started you knew you were in for some kino.
Same vibe when I started Killer Instinct on the SNES for the first time.

The Switch is basically just ports. The best original games are Odyssey and Kirby, which are very good, but the rest of the catalog is fairly middling.

>>F-Zero GX>>>>>>any other game ever made since

Dangerously based.

nobody could possibly believe this

>>Melee>>>>Brawl
shit franchise who cares
>>Wind Waker>>>>>Skyward Sword
shit franchise who cares
>>Metroid Prime>>>>>>MP3 and Other M
shit halo clone who cares
>>F-Zero GX>>>>>>any other game ever made since
sega game

>Wind Waker
>Sunshine
>Zero 3rd Party support
>No DVD
>No GTA or Halo
>Fisherprice design
>Launched with a Luigi game
>Barely any games to play after 2003
It was terrible zoomer.

3DS fell off huge from the DS, wow

I was born in 89 and I loved the gamecube. Going to Melee tournaments at a buddys house was top tier fun.

Reggie admitted recently that had the Switch failed nintendo would be out of the console business because the Wii U and 3DS were such abject failures especially when compared to their predecessors.

>Metroid Prime
>Shit halo clone
Shit bait

do you not remember how fucking abysmal the launch for it was

dreadful, fella.

play better games, elebits for example.

This but unironically
Too bad Nintendo fucking hates it though

for starters the DS had a better price and a better launch lineup than the 3DS. Like seriously, who willing to play a scaled-down version of the flight minigame from wii sports resort

2 systems fail and they want to quit the market. Lmao nips are such quitters, same shit with SEGA.

Born in 1990 and I think the N64 and Wii were the last great Nintendo consoles.

I wouldn't say that for me. I used GCN backwards compatibility for maybe 4 games. All of which are available on other consoles, but because I had the GameCube versions, that's what I went with. GameCube, without question, is my least favorite Nintendo console with the Wii U being the only other one to compete since Nintendo basically abandoned it midway through its life. I would comment on the Switch, but I didn't buy one and don't plan to.

2004-2006 was a great time in video games. Going into Gamestop and just seeing all the weird shit coming out was great and a lot of it was on gamecube.

Ran in one time and bought Donkey Konga on a whim. Shit was mad fun.

people pretend the 3DS is some god console but really when you step back and look at it, all it had was some of the worst pokemon, fire emblem, zelda, mario and wario games to date.
>b-but the third party was so good! monster hunter!
the vita btfo the third party support the 3ds would get in its lifetime in two years. but nobody bought it so who cares. bravely default is fucking horrendous.

Hal Labs GC Mother 3

>>marketed almost entirely towards children outside re4
RE4, REmake, RE0, Eternal Darkness, MGS The Twin Snakes, Geist. All of them made with Nintendo's backing and marketed by them as Gamecube's games for the adult crowd. Nintendo made a push for that kind of thing, which they had not done once neither in the NES or SNES eras

I did play elebits and I enjoyed it fwiwifwf, you're still a fucking nutter my friend