I honestly hate how open-ended these levels are. There's too many branching paths...

I honestly hate how open-ended these levels are. There's too many branching paths, I end up running around for hours trying to find which fucking direction is the right one, and add that to the fact that this game seems to have self-aware dead-ends everywhere. Seems like every new area has like 3-5 different branching paths, and each of those branching paths end up having their own branching paths, it's a waste of my goddamn time.
Like this DLC for instance, I enter this painted world and it's a literally massive open space with like 5 directions to go and massive mobs of enemies in every direction. Am I really expected to just run around for literally hours trying to figure out where I'm suppose to go? It's just an artificial time-waster. What's worse is that you can never tell which way is the main way and which way is just some secret or item. I could forgive the game if there was some indication of where the proper path is and which paths are just secrets, but the maps give absolutely no indication which is the right path. Seems like 95% of this game is spent wandering around fighting massive mobs of enemies trying to get a grip on where the fuck you are, and then 5% fighting the bosses once you figure out which of the various branching paths is the right one.
Seriously stop wasting my motherfucking time!

Attached: dark_souls_3_art_3[1].jpg (1280x720, 117K)

tl;dr

Stop summoning faggot

Imagine getting lost in Dark Souls 3 of all games.

>Am I really expected to just run around for literally hours trying to figure out where I'm suppose to go? It's just an artificial time-waster.
>playing the video game is an artificial time-waster
jesus christ
find a new hobby

This is the most transparent reverse shilling I've ever seen

Absolutely pathetic. Lab rats can solve mazes more complicated that DS3 paths. You are a literal retard if you think any of the exploration in this game is difficult or confusing.

I never said it was hard, I've never gotten lost you fucking imbeciles, learn how to read. I suppose I should expect this sort of desperate holier-than-thou behavior but maybe learn how to fucking read first. These maps are a WASTE. OF. TIME. It's a bunch of branching paths that ultimately lead to bullshit, just a bunch of time-wasting crap.
I walk into a new area, there's 3 paths. I go down one, it branches into two, then one of those paths branches into two. So I have to go all the way to a dead end, backtrack, check the second branch, then backtrack again and check the previous second branch, then check each of it's branching paths, and then go all the way back to check the second branching path from the beginning, which is just as convoluted as the first. My reward? A couple items that I probably wont even use for my build. I end up spending an hour on an area running around checking all these convoluted paths which ultimately lead to bullshit, then finally I get to the main third path and it's also got two pointless branching paths, so I have to check those too.
I'm not getting lost, it's impossible each path is linear, but there's too many of them, and too much fucking backtracking when you're finished going down one of the optional paths. This game has too much running around, period.

>Am I really expected to just run around for literally hours trying to figure out where I'm suppose to go?
do you seriously not like exploring?

god, what's wrong with people these days...

I can understand where OP is coming from, a waypoint would be nice. Some people say this babies the player but I disagree. Everyone has their own preference.

Just play 2 its better

>I honestly hate how open-ended these levels are.
Holy shit, actually git gud.

They were probably mocking you because the branching paths are far simpler in DS3 than in every other Soulsborne game, and the value of the items is pretty much par for the course. If you're complaining about these things then it's obvious that this is your first Soulsborne game meaning your about 10 years late to the party and also that you don't even like the series at its core. The entire series is basically nothing besides exploration and fighting while accumulating limited, situational, and usually worthless prizes.

Anybody left that cares about this game are likely veterans of the series that are tired of people whining about the games design choices and don't really give a fuck about any of your complaints.

what do you even play video games for?
I mean, if you don't enjoy exploring the world, fighting bosses, playing with the mobs over the map (which you clearly don't), then what is the point of playing? why do you seek so desperately to get to the end of the zone?
just to get the final boss already and say you cleared dark souls 3?
what is the point for you to play if you just want to get to the end already?

you need a new hobby op

Are you the same mongoloid who said that Champion Gundyr is an RNG fight?
Kill yourself.

Idiot

>They were probably mocking you because the branching paths are far simpler in DS3 than in every other Soulsborne game
I disagree, I've beaten 1 and 2 and 3 has by far the most convoluted maps IMO
I enjoy the battles. I like the bosses, I like the PvP. I'm here for the combat. Running around wasting my fucking time is not what I enjoy. Maybe when I was 16 and didn't have a job and could waste hours running around holding circle I wouldn't mind, but now my time is precious and I hate wasting it on branching paths where it's never clear which path is the right one so I don't have to waste my time checking them all.
>fighting bosses, playing with the mobs over the map (which you clearly don't), then what is the point of playing?
I enjoy all of these things. it's the "exploration" meme I fucking hate, just a goddamn waste of my time.
you're the idiot for buying into this time-wasting game design.

>Playing Mario Bros
>There keeps being fucking cliffs everywhere
>I start running and then boom there's a fucking cliff in my way wasting my time and effort
>And if there's no cliffs, there's a fucking enemy in my way
>Now I have to kill that on top of everything else
>Not only that, but as I complete lands, there's new fucking lands that come after it!
>The levels branch on the map so I can choose a path, but that just leads to more levels
>Worst part is there's blocks everywhere for breaking, but not all of them contain prizes
>Some contain ONE coin (not like it matters I have +100 lives lol), and some just give me costumes I already have
>It's like this game is doing nothing but making me waste my time look for upgrades I don't need and avoid enemies

This is how retarded you sound tbqh.

Attached: 1556173060098.jpg (1500x1297, 260K)

>I enjoy all of these things. it's the "exploration" meme I fucking hate, just a goddamn waste of my time.
but you literally fight side bosses and mobs as part of exploring, even when it gets you to a dead end, what the fuck are you even on
literally double digit iq

wrong, there are several paths in this game that just lead to some shitty item or literally nothing at all. I lost count of how many times I ran through a path just to get to literally fucking nothing. Like not even an item, and what's annoying is that they clearly designed it that way intentionally, why else would there be a pointless path with nothing there? To waste your time.

>I've beaten 1 and 2 and 3 has by far the most convoluted maps
Kek

bait post, DS3 is the most linear Souls game.

It’s called “exploring” motherfucker. Not every game can be a linear path like TLoU

FF13 doesn't waste your time like that nasty Dark Souls game, might be up your alley friend :^)

I think metroidvanias might be more of your type of games or racing games. Next time don't complain about champion gundyr

>having sense of direction is bad

>my time is precious
>spends it bitching about a video game on Yea Forums

>Metroidvanias
But that's exactly the kind of design he's complaining about.

>Zoomers find DSIII overwhelming

DS3 has the most complex level design in the series

>people getting baited this hard
My goodness!