"good resolutions are a meme!!"

>"good resolutions are a meme!!"
>"1440p is too expensive!"
>"i-i like seeing pixels..."
When did you stop coping and finally upgraded to a modern resolution?
1080p is caveman tier at this point.

Attached: Full-HD-logo-1.jpg (500x225, 22K)

I only play games at 240p as the developers intended.

Because I'm not a consumerist beta paypig who feels obligated to upgrade my pc parts every year.

and it's left you with so much time to make snarky replies to threads that are barely a minute old. Sounds like a great call

Human eye can't see past 480p anyway

You can still play at 1440p on a 4 year old GPU if you turn down some settings, you have no excuse.

I remember playing on a small 1280x1024 monitor and everything was 60 fps on ultra and looked good, then I bought 24' 1080p display, everything looks worse, my graphic card couldn't hold it so i got to by a new one...

Call me when a 200$ gpu can reasonably handle 1440p and they make 22" 1440p for a decent price
for now I'll stick to 1080p thanks

Human eye can't see past 12 FPS(24FPS with both eyes)

1080p has more soul than 1440p

>"i-i like seeing pixels..."
Implying all 1080p monitors are over 24" in size.

If you can't see the pixels on a 21" 1080p screen then you might need glasses.

you do realize that resolution does not equal definition, right? you are aware that increasing resolution does not increase definition by itself? and that not only is 4k a meme but even "HD" is a meme and somewhat of a scam, since the definition of most "HD" displays is shit (shit = lower definition than CRT TVs).

Sure I can, if I sit close enough to it. Why would I sit that ridiculously close though? Maybe reason to have your eyes that close would be when using a laptop.

>turn down your graphics so you can have better graphics

Those two words are literally synonymous, a 1440p screen by definition has higher definition a 1080p one.
There's a reason you should disable AA at 4K, because the image already is insanely sharp and smooth on its own.

I was thinking about upgrading but then I realized that there's no need to. Some day I will but not now
And not a single faggot in this world can't make me change my mind saying that there's something wrong with me. Fuck you, have a good day!

Attached: Gayatri-mantra.png (600x315, 103K)

I'm getting 2070 Super next week, so I'll enjoy downsampling from 1440p for a while.

you are like baby bird

Attached: Untitled.png (758x761, 66K)

>then I realized that there's no need to
pretty much this

Good thing I'm @1920x1200

Amazing how 160 lines makes all the difference.

>2nd hand vega 56
>$150-200
So user, gonna explain to the board why do you have a 2k display yet?

>have GTX 970
>upgrading GPU doesn't make sense without buying a 4k high FPS monitor
Anyone else knows this feel?

Attached: 1105553.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Human eye can't see past 256 colors, it's a scientific fact.

1440p is meme resolution that's barely better 1080p, and 1080p was a standard for like a decade.
right now jump to 4k or even get ready for 8k

Attached: 3_in_article_Artboard_1_copy_3-100.jpg (1046x614, 43K)

Ranked from most important to hit to least important to hit
Medium settings > 720p > 240hz > 1080p > High settings > Maximum settings > 120hz > 1440p > 2160p > 60hz > Shit > 30hz

Attached: 1528783624258.jpg (700x716, 79K)

I don't think 8k makes sense unless you're a pro graphics designer or photographer of something like that. 4k is optimal.

120 lines actually, but that is still 230 thousands of pixes more

Probably should've mentioned a new gpu.
And they don't go for that where I live, sadly. I'd be lucky to find a 2nd hand one for 250€, especially considering new ones are out of stock everywhere.
My PSU probably couldn't handle it anyway

For competitive games or select genres (racing, shmups, rhythm games) I'm with you.

For a single player RPG/FPS/third person action, I just max everything out and pull back a touch until I get a solid 45-60FPS. Better than consoles.

I've got 5700xt pulse. Seems like my 8 year old Dell monitor can't handle it though. What do i upgrade to?

I've been on 1440p for at least 3 years now
>1440 is meme
actually try it first
>jump to 4k
where's the video cards that can run a 4k screen at acceptable (100+) frame rates?

A good 1440p 144hz IPS display.

how about we get rock solid 60 fps++++ games with lower res instead of wobbly 20-60 with higher?

The resolution revolution has begun.

Digital Cinema projectors were 1080p for years and the image quality was amazing even on a fucking huge screen. Image Quality > Resolution

Which is? IPS have shit ms though.

>meme
anything that's not 16:9 is a meme
>1440p is too expensive
it is literally overpriced
>i like seeing pixels
more like i don't give a shit when it's in full motion and i stop noticing

Not him but there's fairly fast ones now, if you want a good balance between the benefits of IPS and TN then get a VA panel.
Personally i think TN is fine enough tho, my 1 ms BenQ TN screen still has pretty nice colors.

>anything that's not 16:9 is a meme
What does that have to do with anything? Most 1440p or 4K screens are still 16:9.

I still play at _760p, what are you gonna do about it huh?

I dunno. I don't remember what I was thinking when I typed that part.
I haven't been awake long. Forgive me.

>wake up
>one of the first things you do is shitpost on Yea Forums
How did it get this bad user?

It's okay bro no worries.

Burnt out after high school under conditions out of my control.

1080p is fine. It's the 60hz peasants that should be ashamed of themselves. Literally no excuse.

Is there any specific brand of monitors i should avoid? Personally i think Dell are shit, i have had Dell before.

its okay bro, those grapes were REALLY REALLY sour, you didn't want them anyway, right?

1080p looks fine only my laptop.

It has higher PPI than my 4k TV, so yeah.
4k makes sense for TVs, not laptops.

>Upgrading
Half of the indie games and even some AAA like the Total War series don't support UI scale so anything above 1080P/27" is unplayable because you can't see/read shit

1440p at 30inches is endgame tier
Perfect pixel density with no dpi scaling necessary

I think I can stay at this resolution forever

Most of the best games in PC history don't even support widescreen formats. If you aren't still on a CRT you are a consumerist sheep

1080p is fine till 20-24 inchs momitors; the bigger the monitor the higher should be the resolution for adeguated the pixel density on the screen.

Attached: 1565777098340.png (500x406, 70K)

desu, anything over 720 is a bonus.

Mario Zelda Pikachu

>1080p is caveman tier at this point.
And yet, consoles still struggle to achieve 60fps at 1080p

I just transitioned to 1080p, im good thanks.

>Wanting to look at shitty textures in 8k or 4k
Pay pigs don't give a fuck

High resolution looks better than muh graphics

Yeah that's kinda how PC gaming works.

I'm still using 1366x768

Attached: 8D.jpg (372x389, 13K)

You mean.. every game on PC?
You only have yourself to blame for suffering from low fps if you decide to be a console pleb.

which is why I can OC and turn down settings to play at the 4k screen I have connected to my 1080p gaming monitor with g-sync and 144hz. Why you're not poor are you?

why are these threads made exclusively by brazillians that play dota 2 at 800x600?

I am already on my second 4k tv user!

>NOOOO GOY WHY DONT YOU BUY THE NEW THING LOOK THE NUMBER IS BIGGER JUST BUY IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY IT

If you had a CRT you wouldn't need higher than 1080p, LCD is so bad that you need 4k to make it look good because it's a inferior technology

A small LCD can look good even at 720p. The problem is people want larger screens and LCD resolution needs to scale with size.