Epic paid 9.49m euros for Control Exclusivity

Ouch..

digitalbros.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Digital-Bros-Progetto-di-Bilancio-consolidato-al-30-giugno-2019.pdf

Attached: isqC1TK.png (602x855, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/world-war-z/sales
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why are the steamshills so quiet?

Attached: 1559996428758.jpg (754x699, 106K)

>Less revenue than bloodstained

So what the fuck does this pasta speak supposed to mean. Did the game flop or something?

Yes it flopped.

How long can Epic keep burning money to bribe devs like this?

Did you expect anything else?
It's Alan Wake again, but with a female protagonist, and with the Stephen King books replaced by having binge-read the SCP Wiki.

Another swing and a miss Tim, it'll work one day right?

Badly.

Attached: 1563986045972.png (650x650, 673K)

Tencent and Fortnite filling their coffers so they can do it for a long time

I mean those numbers are ok considering that the turd Control had a 20 million budget.

>Paid ~$10 million for one of the biggest flops of the year
Imagine how much they paid for Borderlands 3

It didn't make the top 20 in the US charts the month it came out. For comparison, Astral Chain came out a few days later and got 10th place.

Fortnite is literally one of the most recognizable brands on the planet. Children in the third-world are going to school with notebooks that have fortnite characters on it. They make over 2 billion dollars a year with it. Now factor in Unreal Engine licensing.

They are busy shitting up Shenmue 3 threads.

too busy downloading their free copy that tim paid for

This shows how much cheaper games are to make than we are led to believe

At least Borderlands has actually been received extremely well, performance aside. Control is just a dumpster fire with no redeeming values that probably won't make back a fraction of that investment. Remedy's laughing all the way to the bank.

Attached: 1537900813219.png (327x316, 245K)

>source trust me steamies
cope and kys

They needed to sell 150k to break even.

fad. once it dies, epic will have nothing

How do these numbers tell that that's what EPIC paid for CONTROL?
genuine question, I really don't understand it.

Attached: 8e9ac3d53d39b6f573a4ed547fe8143b.png (173x190, 48K)

even word war z sold 750k+ copies, you source literally dismantled himself,its time to kill yourself steam drone

Control had a budget of around $30 million so between this and the PS4 exclusivity gubbins it's likely broken even.

We already know the game sold great.

well the protagonist has a man chin so until they get their act together regarding female protagonists their games are going to keep failing.

Pretty long thanks to the Unreal engine. Ironically, bith Valve and Epic are successful with the thing the other wants. Valve wanted to make Source a popular engine, but that fsiled because it‘s shit. Epic wants a successful store, but it‘s at leadt looking like it‘s failing because it‘s also shit.

you should go back and play some shartifact user, in the meantime epic takes over
just literal who twitter bullshit

Attached: List_of_Unreal_Engine_games_-_Wikipedia_-_2019-08-18_17.57.41.png (2345x7628, 1.69M)

Proof?

proof where epic paid 9+ million for control ?

>We already know the game sold great.
The amount of delusion and cope in this post is ridiculous.

Why doesn't Epic just publish games themselves?

That's an official document.

It made 9 million in profit since release

9m is next to nothing
There's a fucking batman skin coming to fortnite. That's an easy 100M on just one skin, and I'm being extremely generous

>Epic paid 9.49m euros for Control Exclusivity
the source says literally the opposite, control made the most on egs

it depends on when pc pre-orders opened on that game.

i think (and i might be completely wrong because it's not an english document) it shows revenue figures up until 30 giugno 2019 aka 30 june 2019. control didn't come out till late august.

what's interesting is that the steam number is exactly the same?

i can't be bothered to translate the document, but again, i wouldn't be surprised if it's some 'gamer' completely misreading a financial report again.

OHONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THE EGS VERSION SOLD THE FUCKING MOST EGS VERSION > PS4+Xbox+Nintendo

So then, if I'm reading this right, CONTROL, a multiplat game, made 10millions before even releasing only through the EGS, which is also the entire profit that came from that store.

That does paint it as that being the epic deal.

I literally dont fucking understand what this is supposed to tell me? Please explain.

steamie had a stroke, egs release was full success and made more than the ps4+xbox version

again, the document is not in english and so take it with a dollop of salt.

plus it's likely raw revenue, not profit. and no idea if pre-orders figures factor in.

This still means CONTROL made that amount of money on JUNE and through the EGS. That does paint it a bit suspicious.

Control doesnt exist on any Nintendo platform though.
Not like it would change anything but still

they compare the pre orders and it looks quite good for epic more than psn and microsoft store combined (literally doubled), op is a retard

>Almost 10m for a literal who exclusive
The absolute state of Epic kek

>being a literal shill

these are pre order numbers

yeah, no doubt it's definitely got at least some of the EGS exclusivity money in there. how much of that is the EGS money is anyone's guess.

well, at least until someone can figure out when pre-orders opened.
and also if a native italian speaker can actually confirm those are the numbers up until 30 june.

are you illiterate ?

Shouldn't those also reflect on console preorders?

Did epic pay bloodstained devs 13 mill? That game isn't even on EGS. Also what is the second table?

>Thinking 10m is anything for epic

They probably make that on Fortnite skins every day.

pg 26 appears to be a breakdown by store.

Attached: chrome_2019-09-20_15-13-42.jpg (587x172, 85K)

>digital bros
no
OP is a illiterate steam drone, epic is literally dabbing on steam according to the source

How much Epic paying batman license fee?

Attached: aoba wtf.jpg (1280x720, 256K)

are you unironically implying that Stephen King's books are good and not just entry level horror for zoomers?

they didn't pay for control, egs made 10 million with pre orders

Bloodstained isnt on the EGS though...

I want to get Control but all I have is a base PS4 and it is unplayable on that.

Control was a okayish 6/10. It's the first game I've pirated in years because based Timmy paid for my copy. I'll probably grab the complete edition on Steam in a few years when it's like $20 for the game and expansion packs.

For those who dont know, the way epic deals work is that they guarantee a certain number of copies sold. So a 9.4 million buy basically means that they make nothing on their first 9.4 million in sales.

That's what I'm saying. The amount of money that came from EGS is the same as CONTROL. If CONTROL is the only game in that list, it means all was generated by it. Which then means no preorder through any other platform was taken into account. Unless this doesn't take into account console preorders if you can even do that.

Just saying what I see, not making any claim.

why is this in italian?

based Sam Lake delivering subpar games but getting paid anyway thanks to exclusivity contracts Remedy keeps cutting (first with microsoft, and now with epic)

Probably for cheap because those are old as fuck.

free tibet my shill friend.

probably should also pay epic to buy you some replies

back to school steamie, you literally destroyed your own delusion with using the wrong source that states that epic literally killed steam

Control was awesome. Glad to see they were at least able to make almost 10 million back with it. Hope it recouped the costs and they can make another one.

The game is fine, technically excellent, but I'm waiting for the Steam version to pay any money for it.

>euros
How much is that in real money?

Pretty sure DC/rocksteady worked out a cheap deal since they're also making it 'free' on playstation, which is mostly marketing
They're also coming up with a batman crossover in fortnite, with an alleged batman skin plus 1 more male and female skins, a batman themed event and a gotham recreation in the map
Expect the next batman game announcement soon

Digital Bros owns 505 Games, which in turn published Control.

you're prob right t b h. figure is suspiciously close to 10.5 million USD. it seems like a fair price for a game of that size t b h.

So remedy entertainment made 9 million dollars off of quantum break and Alan wake on steam? Who the fuck still buys these games?

its only the preoder numbers user, control is a big success when you use these numbers

>posting proof of 500,000 guaranteed purchases

astroturfing doesn't print money, pajeet

much more than in dollaritos

nah, that number's for all digital bros as far as i can tell so it would include all non-remedy revenue as well.

multi-party system

>what is pre ordering
just kys, even satisfactory made more than 10 million cope

>Bloodstained literally made more than Control
KEK

now post unreal engine 3

Chi cazzo sono i Digital bros

cope

Toilet paper worth more than burger dollars

Attached: 1568696980130_0.jpg (474x415, 27K)

>revenue means Epic paid that amount for the exclusivity
I love how divorced from reality Valve drones are due to Tim BTFOing them.

Attached: 1552486603270.jpg (200x200, 38K)

1 dollar=0,91 euro

You do realize that EGS pays in # of copies sold right off the bat, right?

Sure Valve drone, sure. I'm sure Epic also buys x amount of copies on their own store, and that's how games like Satisfactory sold half a million, correct?

Attached: 1545293054890.jpg (330x319, 48K)

Ouch.

Attached: 1551918152266.png (551x522, 142K)

> stato lanciato il 27 agosto 2019, ma la struttura contrattuale con il marketplacedigitale che ha richiesto l’esclusiva del videogioco della versione per personal computer ha permesso il riconoscimento dei ricavi già a partire da quest’esercizio

>it has been launched 27 of august 2019 but [...] required exlclusivity deal that enabled to already appreciate the income in this paper
>pdf is about income for june
>game released on august

yes, this confirms that epic gave them 9.5 M € as exclusivity deal on pc only. doesn't say anything else.

Story was weird and hard to follow but gameplay was pretty good

so epic bought 500,000 copies of the game for exclusive rights and the game only sold 7,374 according to pic? am i getting this right?

Attached: subs.jpg (711x312, 71K)

anyone got a magnet link?

Control was a shitty game. Yea Forums was shilling it for muh scp similarities but the gameplay itself was boring dogshit. Even having pirated it I felt ripped off

>Dauntless dev claims it has 10 million players
>less viewers than Tekken 7 on Twitch
Something is fishy no doubt.

i didnt even finish the game and i pirated it too

9 mill doesn't seem that much for an AA developer.

>Dauntless
Isn't that f2p? That's very easy to misrepresent because you can count every account ever made as a player, even if they just fucked around the game for five minutes and then never logged in again. Also Tekken, being a competitive mp game, is bound to have more viewers proportional to its userbase.

>>Dauntless dev claims it has 10 million players
Registered players mean shit user.

I didn't even finish pirating it. It was that bad.

those 10 million probably covered the entire development team paychecks for 2 years directly thrice over and the epic exclusives are only exclusive for 6 months anyway

Factorio sold over 1M copiest though. What's the point you're trying to make, you degenerate chink shill?

He's questioning the dev's 500k claim, retard. Cool your jets.

10 million people did NOT make an account for this game in those 2 weeks lol
even a tenth of that is too much

Stop trying to push that bullshit about game being unsuccessful because of your personal dislike of something.

>twitch

I don't think 10 million people even know what is Dauntless

No lol

>what is preordering
>revenue = exclusivity
retards

>using twitch as an objective measure of popularity
>comparing paid game to free game
>Something is fishy no doubt.
That's just the smell of your zoomer brain rotting.

Why people would even play Dauntless when Monster Hunter exists?

Pretty crazy if true, considering that is 1/3 of the whole games budget. I really hate store exclusives but you'd have to be dumb not to take deals this good. When everything is said and done, you can just rerelease your game on other platforms for another payday and the bad press will have already faded in favor of some other outrage. Well worth the bad press imo, since your typical gamers have the memory and attention span of a gold fish.

I ended up pirating the game because of the exclusivity and it was a solid 7,5/10. I really hope Remedy doesn't go under because of the lackluster sales and that they'll finally transform all the teasing about Alan Wake 2 into reality. Looking forward to the complete edition releasing on steam.

OOF

Most of people play it once and move on. Its not like tekken where you can play it endlessly

It's usually a good judicator for a game's popularity. And due to the lack of verifiable numbers, this is as good as it gets. Basically, you can fuck right off.

HAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA
IMAGINE BUYING EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO FUCKIGN CONTROL FOR THAT MUCH MONEY
HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

>1/3 of the whole games budget
>you'd have to be dumb not to take deals this good

It's only a good deal if it covers the remaining 2/3rd of the budget and then more than that to make a profit. If sales are bringing in less than the game's expenses then it turns out it wasn't a good deal after all
Even if they only break even shareholders will bitch at them for no profit

Aren't you're the same guy who's been forcing steamie? And the guy who people made fun of for spending time shilling EGS in their free time instead of playing videogames? Are you ever gonna explain why you do this with your free time?

The fuck does this mean?
If control was 9.49m euros, then Bloodstained was 13.888? What?

Attached: 1200765123100.jpg (500x375, 66K)

It's literally been proven that that is how they do shit. It's why nobody ever talks about Satisfactory at all despite it supposedly "selling" 500k copies, which conveniently is the amount of copies Epic promised Coffee Stain it would sell.

tim and his russian scumbag right hand are retarded

Reminder that Bloodstained is on Xbox game pass for PC right now.

13 mil for bloodstained? why?

let's say Remedy get's like 40 Dollars for each sold copy during the launch week. So they would have had to sell 237500 copies of the game to reach that number.
Man Remedy had zero trust in Control if they decided to piss of Steam Users for such a small number.
But then again if I had made a game as shitty as Control I would have had zero trust in it as well.

1/3 of the budget just for PC store exclusivity for a year? Sounds like a dream to me any way you put it. People really overestimate how much impact EGS exclusivity has sales wise since normies don't give a single fuck as shown by Borderlands. I'd imagine it's more detrimental when looking at niche games like Phoenix Point where the people interested in your game know their shit but only time will tell.

The poor sales Control has received ins't because it's a EGS exclusive but because the marketing was nonexistent for the game. If it was EGS, then the game would have sold a lot more on consoles but alas, sales are poor on all platforms. Though it might have had some part with the PC performance since Remedy games aren't all that main stream to begin with.

>Stop stating facts
In my case I was kinda interested in the game but the female protag is so cringe and #badass I deleted it. pirated btw.

for even more comparison man of medan came out a few days after control and it made it into the top 20 most downloaded games of august.
Control didn't even make that either

That's the point
Normies don't give a shit, they don't know about Control so the one thing they actually needed was the marketing and exposure that Epic is specifically not helping with
Chances are the game itself is shit anyway so long term sales and word of mouth won't help them either

We fucking know, it just doesn't make any fucking sense. Factorio sold several times over Satisfactory, has mods, has more content, older and encourages sharing of designs and base screenshots due to it's 2D tile-based nature, Of course it has 3 times the amount of people on it's subreddit

Attached: 4232.png (600x600, 129K)

I really wish someone would make a tool to analyze EGS game sales and data like Sergey Galyonkin made for steam but that rat isn't going to release something like that since he's working for Epic. I'm especially interested in seeing how long time sales and word to mouth are for EGS games.

10 million $ is not a good bribe
lol
the control devs are absolutely retarded
at 50 usd that's just 200k worth of copies sold
..and all the negative reactions from their fans on pc on top

I don't think remedy is going to be going the epic store route again

Control's publisher made 9.49m revenue on Control by June 30th. It also made 13m on Bloodstained. Control wasn't being sold yet at that time, and you can see the entirety of the 9.49m came from EGS since Control is the only game they have on it and the numbers match perfectly.

EGS is such a shit platform I doubt you could even snoop on it very effectively. And that guy bitched and bitched his head off when Steam changed their API and shut down his snooping.

Control sold 120k copies across all platforms.

Of course they're not, they are on the verge of being bought up by somebody like Sony

>defending borderlands 2 take 2 while shitting on an actual new unique experience that tried to bring something new in this stale AAA industry
I hope the corporations are paying you well, otherwise youre just a retard.

that sounds like a pretty low amount actually. they probably made the money back from the cut of the sales rather easily.

Is the chinks answer to everything to brute force their way in? This reminds me of some ugly stupid stink Chang paying for a trophy wife that hates him

Source?

>which conveniently is the amount of copies Epic promised Coffee Stain it would sell.
Source?

So only 200k copies of minimum sales guarantee? Lel, looks like egs can do that shit for eternity. Control is pretty shitty but i highly doubt they sold less than 300k on pc, tim lied. They can do timed exclusives for all eternity

There is no source, it's just steamdrone coping with the fact that you don't need to sell your game on steam.

his ass

>Searching for posts with the image hash ‘WxzG8vhlFElbIiNgSJUfXw==’. 47 results found.

and you have the nerve to call other people shills, shill

steam drone cope, dont mind them they are mentally ill

Literally not even top 20 NPD for the month. It's a massive flop.

so nothing ? I'm sure control sold more than satisfactory, tick tock steam drones

>people are finally realising the Epic Store pays you in pre-sold copies

They paid like $2.5m for that Phoenix Point game which isn't even out

Attached: 15457137839952.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Whats some good horror recommendations then?

these are just pre order numbers, 9.2 million is nothing

Attached: firefox_o0imcmoBYi.png (630x310, 19K)

Why are you posting your own posts?

>preorders directly from Epic
hmm

Fairy Tales, the actual original version.

Everyone knows twitter screencap legitimizes your opinion.

What a boring answer

>9.49m euros for Control

Attached: 1567848170364.gif (225x193, 1.64M)

>Control
>AAA

?????

Where are the numbers Sergey?

>Control
>AAA
That's AA at most mate.

It has 10 million players, meaning that it has had 10 million people try the game at least once, this is in no way indicative of how many concurrent players the game averages or how many active players there are now. Basically - it's a completely meaningless metric.

>1/4 the 1-week sales of similar games when they launch of Steam even though that was like 3 months in
>is still a fat, ugly, disgusting, greasy degenerate faggot

Attached: 1564881425677.png (1413x690, 576K)

Man I fucking wish other devs would just copy Valve and add a player tracker for their games as well. I just want more transparency all around and a player tracker, especially for multiplayer games, would help a lot.

>And that guy bitched and bitched his head off when Steam changed their API and shut down his snooping.
They weren't even deliberately targeting him with the API change, it was just an unavoidable side effect of becoming GDPR compliant.

lmao do you know how much publishers would fucking hate a player tracker for their games? it's a purely double edged sword

Anyone know what Epic paid for Borderlands 3. I have been interested in finding out if they got enough to cover the flop.

>would help a lot
Help who out? Not the devs, because then everyone will know how dead the game really is and then no one will buy it, so naturally they'd never throw consumers a bone like this.

Assuming those number are correct and their standard 12% cut applies, they would break even at roughly 1.6m copies.

That's like 10x the amount it made in actual sales! EGS is such a smart system. Why make money when you can just give it away?

>Help who out?
People who want to know how many players a multiplayer game has.

I feel sorry for anyone's whose name is legitimately Jace.

Fuck off.

Lol the funny thing is they could have just used the money to give a $10 discount (assume they can sell 1m copies, a pretty good figure) to undercut steam.

Never did understood Epic's developer cocksucking. Everyone know rule 1 of business is to suck customer' dicks.

But literally any non fortnite game is competing with time that can be invested in Fortnite, isn't this counter-intuitive?

You're just jealous that you don't have $8b in Chinese money to give to your special cronies for nothing so they feel like they made accomplishments.

Yikes

Attached: Img-1567026902085.jpg (480x679, 157K)

NINE
MILLION
EUROS

Attached: 1563969805011.gif (244x248, 113K)

ching chang chong

They don't care about breaking even, it's like sony selling their consoles at a loss, they're gunning for the userbase.

Imagine how butthurt Valve drones must be to see Tim outpacing Gabe in everything. 9 million dollars is just pocket change to him.

Attached: 1549692658214.png (978x972, 397K)

>everyone and their mom and their moms dog just watches pewdie or markimoo play their games these days

Attached: BO2F.gif (320x234, 1.16M)

And do you know what happens when people don't see millions of players?
>ded gaem, don't even bother
>game's fun but no community, just move on to X
>LOL imagine wasting money on this dead on arrival game
It would only hurt the companies selling games, which is why they don't do it. Yes, it would be nice for data analysis and for players to gauge if they should buy now because the game is going to die soon or if they can wait because it'll be around for a while.

It's easier for scumbags like Epig Chink Store and Randy Bitchfraud to pull numbers out of their ass without revealing any real data. That way they can fool idiots on twatter and other forums into thinking their games sold well.

>fortnight falls out of popularity
>pockets empty
>store collapses
one day, tencent won't foot the bill

9 million is nothing for something like control, even world war z sold like 750k, epic breaks even when they sell 200k units (its a sell guarantee , not upfront money)

>people shouldn't be allowed to know things about the products they buy
>so developers can net sales on dead multiplayer games

>every other game uses UE4
>"E-EPIC WILL COLLAPSE ANY DAY NOW"
OH NO NO NO

say it with me
>pocket money

It would depend how much useful info the PRC can datamine. Stolen credit card numbers can be quite useful to those types.

pcgamesn.com/world-war-z/sales

>with the Stephen King books replaced by having binge-read the SCP Wiki
It's a pretty sad state of affairs for Stephen Kuck that his books are inferior to SCP of all things.

uhm okay

Attached: steamiemie.jpg (642x760, 48K)

>They don't care about breaking even, it's like sony selling their consoles at a loss, they're gunning for the userbase.
I do know this, I was rather pointing out that it's unlikely they will even lose money on this since 1.6m is not that big of a number for AAA game.

according to rumors it did

SJW GAMES THAT BOMBED:
>BattleFieldV
>Mirrors Edge Catalyst
>Wolfenstein 2
>Wolfenstein young lesbians
>Anthem
>Mafia 3
>Watch Dogs 2
>Mass Effect Andromeda
>Lawbreakers
>Sunset
>Revolution 60
>Depression quest
>far cry down symdrome
>life is strange 2
>battleborn
>Pillars of Eternity 2
>Dishonored 2
>Control - needs confirmation

SJW GAMES THAT SOLD WELL
>Mortal kombat 11

>ANTI SJW GAMES THAT SOLD WELL
Tekken 7
Soul Calibur 6
Kingdom come deliverance
Rinworld
Postal 2
>Far cry 5 ??? "needs confirmation"
>soon Doom Ethernal

It's not IF they can make success in that field. They're aware Fortnite is a fad and want to use the capital from it to secure more capital in the future that doesn't rely on Fortnite.

well, here some uptodate numbers

Attached: uptodate.jpg (651x487, 77K)

So?

-The game Control earned 9.5M before release, counting all platforms
-The company earned 9.5M from Epic Games, with Control being the only title

Thus it appears that 9.5M is the raw amount that Epic paid for the exclusivity, since the numbers don't appear to include sales or presales on any platforms yet.

It's funny considering the Console paradigm is not at all like PC.
Timmy Ten Cents keeps babbling on about how his launcher is "Just another icon" without realizing that defeats the whole purpose. By being "just another launcher", you have zero reason to use Epic outside of its exclusives. It's got no features, a much much smaller catalog and their exclusives aren't even good fro the most part.
People will show up just to buy Borderlands or Outer Worlds or whatever comes out, give 12% of that money to Epic and then fuck off back to Steam or whatever else they use.
Consoles is where you pay up to 400 dollars to get the platform and then you buy games for it because otherwise it becomes a dead paper weight. That strategy does not work on PC.

With epic's cut, how many would a game like this have to sell for epic to break even on that investment? Has anyone done the math?

Attached: thinking karl.jpg (373x357, 25K)

Why are steamdrones so fucking deranged? Digital toy stores have become life consuming obsessions for them

That includes his stocks at Epic, chink.

Why are you drone so angry?

pcfags are so desperate to have their own little consolewars. it's cute

Attached: 1510806656464.jpg (1024x576, 160K)

How much did Bloodstained make anyway?

Sorry, I'm out of the loop, what is Control? Another shooter?

here, very rough estimate

I said store, not the company. One day, they will see "Wow we don't have enough money to give out at a loss anymore, time to close the store portion of our business"
temporary solution, people cancel their cards and order new ones once they realize what's happening
>tencent pulls out of EGS because they are bleedling money now that fortnight is over
lol

Over a million, but you're a retard if you think they care about making their money back. It's pocket change for them, what they want is more people on their platform.

13 million euros.

>implying its not sonybros shitposting out of boredom from lack of games

It's like a Quantum Break, but instead of time travel, you have SCP and instead of time based powers you have telekinesis based powers.

>muhshillboogeyman

Believe them or not, Borderlands 3 is actually selling, so yeah. They are right.

>Control wasn't being sold yet at that time
That clarifies everything, thanks user.

Sounds interesaría.

Yes, that's exactly how it works. The end goal is money, not for people to to have fun at a publisher's expense. If F2P games could ban players after X amount of time of not buying anything, I'm 100% certain they would.

yikes

I know it's selling, but sales mean shit regardin actual quality.
You disprove nothing of my argument.

Epic is paying twice the going rate for game developers just to be able to keep Fortnite printing money and updating every few days. Don't expect this to end anytime soon.

Epic is doing this to grow their userbase not to make profit on their exclusives.

This isnt good for the quality of games. A lot of crappy devs will be signing these deals to stay afloat long after regular market forces would have dictated they close up shop.

>this is just consolewar faggotry for pcfags
>NO ITS SONY

are you even self aware?

Attached: 1510459117446.gif (1111x597, 1.42M)

Quantum Break was way more fun. Time manipulation shenanigans are just better overall.

Twitch viewership has gone on a steady decline over the last year though.
>Muh twitch
I know, but Twitch viewers are a good indication of a game's popularity. Fortnite was #1 the whole year of 2018 when it made 3B dollars and had the highest growth any game's ever seen.

>muh copies sold
nobody plays your dog shit game you excrement but that pink haired faggot said so o youtube so he must be right... right guys? guys?
kill yourself

Can't wait to play this on Game Pass

It's easy to infer Epic pays in copies sold, but the shills will be quick to dismiss that claim.

This seems like a perfectly reasonable number, preorders alone already recouped the cost. Steamdrones keep losing and I assume that's why they're constantly hysterical

Yeah I can't wait to be unable to play once it's no longer in rotation

remember when epic tried to buy exclusivity of samshow and they gave them the middle finger? Now samshows the hottest fighting game on the market.

Considering that Bloodstained isn't on EGS, what the fuck is that 13m figure?

Speaking of, wasn't there supposed a new Samshow on PC by now? All information I can find is of the remake but I was expecting whatever the PS4 got

damn the enemies look realistic

Zoomers don’t read.

Jesus Christ, user. You couldn't sound more fucking obnoxiously stupid if you tried harder than you are already.

Zoomers love manga though.

This.
I played Dauntless last year before the EGS was even a thing and I'm sure I'm counted in that stat.
I also quit like 4 hours in because it was boring and janky as fuck.

I think PC and Switch will get the latest Samsho at the end of the year.

We wouldn't have to use twitch if Epic just had a concurrent playercount list showing us how many people are in a specific game.
Which, apparently they do have, just not for consumers.
Wonder why that is.

gaming died YEAAARS ago
its all the same shit churned out by the same retarded suits

And this is why I'll always be a socialist.
If corporations want to fuck me, I'm going to vote to fuck them, can't wait for France's digital reselling shit to affect the rest of the EU so everyone from Valve to Epic to EA has to allow me to resell digital keys.

Men don't buy games with ugly roasties in them. Men are the primary audience of video games.

>Skövde, Sweden
Well that explains why he's such a bipolar shitter. Living in the fucking YES capital of the world really does make one deluded.

Randy did it for free. He already stole 12 million (from what we know) from his company already.

>31.12.2018
Wow, you couldn't have chosen a less outdated source for that? Especially considering how much shit Epic has been getting lately.

I used to see plenty of golden face threads half a year ago, there's barely any now

Epic has to pay the Publisher retard

Only the most desperate of Sony fanboys are left to shitpost about Sony's supposed superiority anymore. I guess all the censorship filtered out all but the most militant of goldfaceposters from Yea Forums. Which is good. It means we're back to the good old days from before Bloodborne was released when Sonyshitters know their place and PC Master Race is the commonly accepted term for PC players rather than P"Cuck".

Solaris and Roadside Picnic are good novels. Charles Stross also writes some pretty good stuff like pic related.

Attached: 22756840._SY475_.jpg (317x475, 86K)

So basically they paid ~$10.57 million for Control's exclusivity deal, which means it would have had to have sold roughly 1.4-1.8 million copies to break even with their current 12% cut.
Considering Control failed to place on NPD lists for both digital and physical top 20, chances are it sold less than 250k units across all platforms, and considering the advertising deal was with Sony, chances are it sold the most on PS4.
So let's be generous and say it sold 33% on all platforms and be extra generous and say it's sold 400k units so far, so 132k on the EGS. In this best case scenario, Epic would stand to lose ~$2.65 million on this deal.
So based on this, I wonder how much all their other exclusive deals have lost.

>Epic would stand to lose ~$2.65 million on this deal.
jesus christ if this ends up being accurate maybe we wont see anymore epic exclusives

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm an idiot, my math was off there at the end.
They'd actually stand to lose ~$9.6 million on this deal, when taking their 12% cut into account.

>it would have had to have sold roughly 1.4-1.8 million copies to break even with their current 12% cut.
Epic gets 100% of the revenue until the advance is paid back.

Money laundering for sure.

Really?
I was under the impression that they paid that cost in addition to taking only a 12% cut.
Well, based on that they'd still stand to lose ~$3.2 million assuming the game sold 132k copies on the EGS at an average of $56.
Which, again, is a best case scenario.

I'm pretty sure Epic is cutting deals at a loss deliberately, they just want to build their userbase at any cost.

I mean, they might have different contracts with different developers/publishers, but all the devs that have spoken about it said that Epic's deal was a sales guarantee.

I would be surprised if Control sold more than 100k on PC, the game has nothing appealing about it, no identity.

>Epic has to buy everything with brute force!
Meanwhile, Valve literally brute force purchased Counter Strike, TF2, and more games so that you couldn't play them as mods anymore.

EGS haters are all 14 year olds who don't know history.

The thing is, no one on PC really has any allegiance to any one launcher unless the launcher itself offers them features that they want/need, so they're not really building a userbase.
With the increased segmentation, and with heavy-hitters like RDR2, Cyberpunk 2077, VTMB 2, Doom Eternal, and even all of Ubisoft's games launching on Steam and/or their own platforms, I don't see the EGS really being able to carve out a market like this.
They should have did what Steam did at first, built their own library of first party games to draw people in and then expand upon that.
Unfortunately, they killed all their other in-development games in favor of Fortnite.

You can still play both those as mods.

Yeah, with 4 other people on a Brazilian server. It's not a viable alternative. If you actually want to play those games, you have to use Valve's product.

It's just like Epic exclusivity. Both companies are evil.

From what I hear their hope is that the 12% cut will be so appealing that devs will choose to make their games exclusive to EGS without a deal.
That's predicated on them having a userbase though.

retard.

The thing is, if it was about the cut most devs would just go to itch.io, Discord, or release the game through their own site/platform and take home 100% of the revenue.
It's not about the cut and it never was, hence why you'll never see any devs complaining about Sony or MS or Apple taking 30%, because at the end of the day they know that they're nothing without these companies, as unfortunate as that may be.

Fortnite kids already use EGS. That's their main audience and there's a lot of them. Kids also don't pay attention to business and political affairs of any companies.

How many layers of burgers do you need to be to see the world including entertainment in terms of sjw or anti swj, you americans are insane.

>comparing buying games for exclusivity deals just because you need to compete with a company buying good talent because they see talent
aite chingchong.

I can't find this information anywhere. Just a few non-english new accounts on specific sites (twitter) sharing the same info.

Looks fake. But why? Who has anything to gain from fake info but OP ITT?

It's about the cut AND having an userbase. I mean, the cut might not be the great evil The Creepy Wanker makes it out to be, but nobody will say no to making more on each sale if given the chance.

F2P kids don't buy games, especially the Fortnite kids on PC, many of whom are poor, hence why even most of Fortnite's revenue comes from consoles.

Be real, how many of these "bribes" has turned out true with actual proof. I can't find one yet. So far it seems the EGS offering more percent per sale is all that makes a publisher give up exclusive rights for a set time.
Seems publishers know steam users will still buy it after the time is up, or they already know you have EGS installed and will give them money anyway.

PC is a small fraction of fortnites playerbase.

>no one on PC really has any allegiance to any one launcher unless the launcher itself offers them features that they want/need
Yes but people tend to keep their business on one platform whenever possible. That is a common argument you see people make, that they would consider X platform but they have so many games on Steam they might as well just keep buying them on Steam to have everything on the same place. I'm guessing Epic hopes once everyone has a dozen or so games on EGS from giveaways and exclusives, they will be more receptive to the idea of buying a game there instead of on Steam where they have the rest of their games.

>ITT
>People taking a random social media accounts word that Epic paid for control as 100% truth
>People asking for proof Control didn't do well when every other site says the opposite

You guys are retarded. Epic has not paid for shit. Control did fine. Anyone claiming otherwise has yet to show proof that isn't A BRAND FUCKING NEW SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT CLAIMING IT.

Thats why we have to love Epic.
They pay the publishers for you, so they dont care about using any DMR and you can pirate it almost day one.

The thing is, Epic will never be able to compete with Steam's library size, and I think they know that, hence why their store is so barebones. And since most larger publishers are just going to launch their own stores soon (alongside their own streaming services so they can undercut consoles and take 100% of the revenue there as well) that would leave Steam and Epic fighting primarily over indie games, first party games, and Japanese games, and Steam has the advantage in all 3 of these areas.
I just don't see the EGS being sustainable long-term, I think it was created to put pressure on Valve without any real long term goal.

>I think it was created to put pressure on Valve without any real long term goal.
I really doubt Epic is burning away millions of dollars just for shits and giggles, specially considering it's a publicly traded company and not Tim Sweeney's personal playground.

It's obvious what they're trying to do, but the unfortunate truth is that they just had really bad timing and it's clearly not going to work.
If they'd pulled this maybe 6, 7 years ago maybe, but now, with the PC market already becoming more and more heavily-segmented by the day, this just isn't going to last long.

EGS doesn't exist to compete with Steam so much at it exists to guarantee Tim's cronies and bootlickers more money per sale. They're not looking to have a huge library and they're not even looking to host just any games. You have to have to have swallowed Tim's entire load in order to put your game up and get the signing bonus otherwise he tells you to fuck right off.

Attached: le oblivious hypocrisy man strikes again.jpg (637x635, 60K)

>specially considering it's a publicly traded compan
It's not

Ten cents have been deposited to your account.

>9.49m on garbage titles no one will buy
>0 spent on shopping cart
epic wins again

I foresee Epic fucking off back to consoles and streaming within the next 3 years, easily.