"It's just an interactive movie bro!"

"It's just an interactive movie bro!"

What's the alternative then? No cutscenes and endless combat?

Attached: 3e10bbc567a347634672f7f7d70c24cb3bd031d9v2_hq.jpg (1024x569, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vwq1P7ZgMTI?t=228
youtube.com/watch?v=q98z-HQ-4iY
youtu.be/dvrepvisxA0
youtube.com/watch?v=mhfdezzjwyI
youtube.com/watch?v=veNODfnljjA&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=7_A5EDIc3PE
youtube.com/watch?v=1cP_rbjnUiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the problem isn't cutscenes
the problem is how much cutscenes

>No cutscenes and endless combat?
Yes, unironically

>What's the alternative then? No cutscenes and endless combat?
Yes, you dip

Attached: 1568925420123m.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

retard
the problem isn't cutscenes, it's the fact that a lot of the 'gameplay' is walking down a hallway while characters talk

>modern videogame consumers have devolved to the point that "Endless Combat" is a bad thing

Attached: Untitled.png (302x59, 29K)

Actual puzzles and non-linear level design

retard

No cutscenes and have the story happen during gameplay

There are literally no games like this.

The problem: I tap X and the game finishes automatically

... for real?

...Do...Do you know that there were actually video games before this console gen, user? Are you seriously that fucking stupid? You can't say that non-movie games are impossible after decades of just that.

Prove me wrong.

Wait Nathan is the real villain in tlou? He was Ellie the whole time

"movie games" never had anything to do with cutscenes, it's about corridor gameplay, heavily scripted levels and little player freedom on how to play it and generally very simple mechanics

You gave me and taught me the tools i possess to interact within the virtual world in the tutorial, right?
Then fuck off with the button prompt shit and constantly and arbitrarily limiting interactivity. As soon as i'm in gameplay i want to be in full control so no limiting my movement or making weapons unusable.

This.
The problem is that the game is attempting to simulate cinematic experience at the expense of actual player agency. Over-reliance on scripted events, little connection between input and actual actions happening on screen, and little to no actual problem-solving options, as well as bloated budget spent on elements ultimately not enhancing the gameplay (such as high-fidelity mocap or voiceacting) are what defines a fucking "movie game".
How the fuck do you people not realize this?

No one on Yea Forums has played more than 10mins of either of these games and are just regurgitating meme opinions to sound cool and edgy. All modern games have cutscenes most of them have more than tlou and uc4 these games are hated because they are exclusives

>How the fuck do you people not realize this?
I mean, what am I supposed to do? Buy a Nintendo like a six year old?

ever heard of a little game called half life? it was kind of a big deal when it came out

>I mean, what am I supposed to do? Buy a Nintendo like a six year old?
What? What the fuck are you saying? Are you having a stroke?

Good game till you get to Xen it’s like they let got insanely drunk before they finished making the game. Also half-life was the beginning of the end for gameplay focused fps games like quake and unreal

To give them some credit, it's clear that actually a LOT of effort went into Xen, a genuine and honest attempt to really switch things out and up the stakes. I mean - it is extremely flawed, especially when we look back at it today without the awe of the visuals and shit, but I would not be too hard on them: it's clear that they had ambition and wanted to take a risk.

It feels so disconnected from the rest of the experience hey points for trying but damn is it bad. Maybe they didn’t get enough time to play test it

I think mostly the tech just wasn't quite there yet.

I used to like it as a kid. It was pretty much unlike anything I've seen: it did feel properly alien.
Today, I see the laughably bad platforming, silly puzzles and ugly blury textures on laughably bad geometry, yes. But for its time... I don't know, it was pretty impressive.

Just add the possibility to skip cutscenes from the impatient zoomers Who dont care about story and wants to Just pew pew, and we are set.

Cutscenes would be fine if Uncharted had good combat

These.

What game has good combat in your opinion?

*breathes in*

Less cutscenes, more (good) gameplay. No QTEs. It's not hard.

>What's the alternative then?
Less salt and butthurt from random Yea Forumstards.

>"I wish this new game called quake had less gameplay and more non-interactive movie sequences"
>"I wish the game had some funny quips and sad moments like my favourite movies"
>"I wish quakeguy was a dark brooding man with a troubled past who is betrayed by his ally at end of act 1, loses his best friend at end of act 2, but grows as a character and finally overcomes his opponent at the end to get the girl"
t. fucking nobody
>this game is fucking awesome
t. everyone but you because back then you were still at risk of ending up a cumstain on your dad's old sock you fucking zoomer

dammit forgot pic to go along with my rant, ah well

Attached: quake_guy.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

This
These ones clearly didn't them

I prefer when the world tells the story, like in Dark Souls or Bioshock. You know, actual good games.

Attached: 1465147819775.png (500x429, 89K)

imagine if they somehow brought drake over to the last of us 2

games taking inspiration from movies and learning how to tell a good story from them is different from game devs that want to make a movie with a game attached. one enhances the gameplay, the other tolerates it.

>t. fucking nobody
And this is how you can instantly tell an underage larping as an oldfag.

I wonder if you are aware of the multiple levels of irony in what you are saying.

he only play good combat games like yakuza, xenoblade, and every other garbage weeb shitooh shiiit FACK ME HARD IN THE ASS CRACK. so yeah, guys.

That's not even the problem.
Yakuza has half hour cutscenes regularly yet people love those games because both the story and the gameplay are great.
Usually one or both of those are garbage, which is where the modern "movie game" comes from, though i think it started around mgs4

Attached: 1451835707635.png (500x374, 115K)

i prefer when games tell their story which ever way they feel like. then from there i play it and decided if i like it or not.

95% gameplay 5% cutscenes, or story told whilst gameplay is occuring, through dialogue, or story told through the world, atmosphere and things you find to read. People do not say interactive movie because the game is all cutscenes either, the shit you posted has garbage gameplay that's all cinematic set pieces and shit with one intended route, one intended option. Uncharted is still a fucking interactive movie even when it's not cutscenes.

uncharted and last of us are better 3rd person shooters than whatever genre yakuza is is.

>This game is better than this other game who I know so little about I don't even know what genre it's in
cool argument

Attached: 1559259697280.png (192x192, 73K)

movie game is all about minmum input for maximum spectacle, uncharted is the perfect example of that

some of the main actions like melee takedowns or using the grappling hook are essentially simple qtes, and the result on screen tends to be very spectacular

it has nothing to do with story focus or length of cutscenes, as visual novels or point and click adventures obviously don't fit the label

but why bother with yakuza for the gameplay when its so mediocre compared to its contemporaries?

>but why bother with yakuza for the gameplay when its so mediocre compared to its contemporaries?
mate you don't/didn't even know what its contemporaries are

Great thread. I'm just going to play pac-man and pong from now on. Fuck Snoy, fuck Nincels, fuck xbots and fuck PC fats. Atari for life.

based and groovy-pilled

>muh nintendo
Literally nobody mentioned that prior to you. There's way more games out there with a good amount of agency, old and new, it doesn't have to be Nintendo

Unlike Yakuza or jRPG they actually have low amount of cutscenes.

Good call. that's basically what these elitist retards are are implying for. You wouldn't want to disappoint them, would you.

>95% gameplay 5% cutscenes
So every action or RPG game is movie now. Got it.

>A good amount of agency
Stop posting.

>world tells the story
You mean items descriptions.

ever played Max Payne? A great cinematic game that doesn't have "walking and talking"

QTE ALL DAY DUDE

>only played 3

The comic book style progressions can still be considered cutscenes retard

Last of us is a combination of
>endless unskippable cutscenes
>endless unskippable walking dialog scenes
>endless fucking awful combat
What a terrible game.

Why are you lying?

/thread

Jesus what a dumb piece of shit
Last of Us and Uncharted have lots of "walking and talking" that can't be skipped, comic book pages between levels in MP can be skipped

The problem isn't cutscenes. It's that it's trying to emulate a boring generic Hollywood movie

It’s the brainwashing at work. OP probably thinks like this unironically.

None of it is lying
>shitty over dramayic cutscrne
Followed by
>shitty slow walking downa corridor while an mpc talks about morakity for 5 minutes
Followed by
>gunning down 50 to 70 goons as they run at you in a straight line

Where is the lie?

Hate for The Last of Us is the perfect example of Yea Forums contrarionism manifesting itself.
>game is good?
>activate contrararionpersonality.exe
It's not cool or funny to pretend a good game is bad, it just makes you look like an insufferable child.

Attached: 1546578400061.png (1280x720, 685K)

all of this is just cope, honestly. their weeb games do non-interctive sections ten times as much. alot of their games are very mediocre as "games" too.

Attached: hzChx03.jpg (491x562, 89K)

What's stopping you from just rushing ahead? Same with driving to missions in gta or horseback with red dead just rush ahead dumbass

>shitty
not an argument. Why do you use your awful taste as one?
>they run at you in a straight line
What?
Also what's the problem with your typing?

TLOU won GOTY and it's Sony exclusive just like GOW. Seething is real.

absolutely. side note:wish p5 ended up better than it did. ill be giving p5r a shot through rental though

>Last of Us and Uncharted have lots of "walking and talking"
Couple minutes is not a lot. And it's far better to add story during gameplay than in non playable cutscene like in japanese "games".

Last of us is shit. SHIT!

the problem is lack of gameplay. if mgs4 had the same amount of gameplay segements as cutscenes it would be looked at more fondly

>dramayic cutscrne
>downa
>mpc
>morakity
What language is that?

wow! thers someone dumer then me in this thread?

Attached: 1540110966502.png (500x522, 121K)

>lack of gameplay
15-20 hrs plus multiplayer is really long for action game.

>lol just rush ahead
>character has to walk slowly until he's done talking
>story during gameplay
>just walk forward until characters are done talking
>gameplay
Yeah I definitely don't want to see a cutscene that might showcase something that's not possible during gameplay, I just want to walk forward

> No cutscenes and endless combat?

Attached: cummin.jpg (623x289, 163K)

What actual retardation are you spouting.
>make them 95% gameplay
>hurr durr is a movie now lolol clearly my 60% cutscenes is not a movie
?????????????????
retard

>it's a "story game" where the story is complete shit, hamfisted tryhard nonsense with forced emotional payoffs that don't work because nothing about the characters comes off as genuine or organic

>play a cheesy action game where the B-Movie plot services the gameplay and the characters are endearing within minutes of meeting them, you genuinely care about them near the end of the game

Anyone who wants a career in writing videogames couldn't perform elsewhere, that's why they're in videogames. "Deep" stories get stapled onto half-arsed games and do the video game equivalent of oscar baiting.
Meanwhile, devs who spend all their time making video games with passion can also be polymaths when it comes to writing, so often pull out perfectly adequate scripts that molds naturally to the interactive experience that was there beforehand.

At the end of the day, I have forgotten everything about Naughty Dog or David Cage stories but I still remember Senator Armstrong and Sword Saint Isshin.

>I want movie instead of gameplay part
>only combat is gameplay, everything else is not gameplay including moving your character and progress

>60% cutscenes
What are you talking about retard? Are you ok?

it’s certainly not an irredeemably shitty game or anything like that, and anyone who claims it to be is not worth engaging. but the game has a myriad of what can at least be called highly questionable narrative and design decisions, and to write off any legitimate critiques as blind contrarianism would be short-sighted. this game has already had, and will continue to have, a huge impact on the gaming industry at large and if we unanimously praise every aspect of it, even the flawed parts, we’re setting ourselves up for future disappointment.

so why dont the dmc's, and the bayonetta's already do this??? perhaps it isnt such a good thing hmmm?

>dmc and bayonetta don't have cutscenes
Hahahahaha

the alternative is ape escape 4
and when the story itself isn't even good
the people who unironically refer to some of these games as "the citizen kane of video games" probably never watched any movie that isn't mcu shit

Sure.
Just tell the story through character interactions and though gameplay.

>and when the story itself isn't even good
So they are not movies, because TLOU has great story.

I actually liked TloU combat, it was a shame there was so fucking little pure instances of it. If they had a horde mode Id have been happy, if you just wanted to play the game you have to go through all these "cutscenes" where you are in control and just acting basically, when the gameplay kicks in its fun. When youve seen the "movie" once or twice you are not interested in the story, you want to play the game, and here you cant do that.
>pick up bricks on the fly and whipping them at people
>running out of ammo and grabbing a loose bottle near you to stab the enemy because you have no ammo
Its satisfying. Shame its in a movie game where the movie takes precedence.

Another retard who just vomits shit he sees on Yea Forums. The standard movement in most ND games is a jog meaning you can skip the walking and talking till the next scenario. And if you're literally forced to walk which rarely happens just again follow the path which engages the next scenario. Most of those "walking and talking" sections you mentioned are used to explore the environments and examine shit as in first time play. Again just go to the area which starts the next part dipshit.

>it's movie because I don't like it or can't play it

Attached: 1408110904043.jpg (800x511, 150K)

>What am I supposed to do? Play a game with actual gameplay?

In terms of content there's almost no differnece between yakuza and shit like all of the people shit on for "movie games".
It's just that yakuza has an actually good game and a good story, whereas "movie games" frequently have only one or neither

Ok bro i think you passed Yea Forums and Yea Forums a while back.

>it's a "story game" where the story is complete shit, hamfisted tryhard nonsense with forced emotional payoffs that don't work because nothing about the characters comes off as genuine or organic

thats quite the claim, but i did feel like it was a bit forced at the end of the winter section to the spring section. there should have been more there, i think. but whatever, its still a good story. kinda a refreshing change of pace from "fun" game story's.

>It's just that yakuza has an actually good game and a good story, whereas "movie games" frequently have only one or neither
TLOU and Uncharted are higher rated than Yakuza games.
Who decide which ones are better? You?

Attached: 1454873022495.png (800x800, 763K)

When you get it wrong, it's just cringe.

>(((Journalists))) said it's good so it's good
>What do you mean you don't like popular thing? It's popular! Please go see star wars 9, 10, 11 and mcu movie #58!

you need to read more carefully, buddy. its okay i do that too sometimes. just be more careful next time

Attached: 1552404055824.jpg (259x194, 12K)

(((Random user))) says it's good so it's good

>TLOU has great story.

AHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAAaaaaaa-do i fit in yet? am i cool now?

Attached: 1560193839344.gif (452x570, 614K)

>I said it's good and this one is bad therefore it's true
This is your argument about movie games? Seriously?

but you said that bayonetta and dmc only have combat which i a lie because they also have cutscenes. Why did you said something stupid?
>TLOU has bad story
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh god, pleae tell me you are pretending.

The focus of these games are their scripts and cinematic presentation, and nothing more. In fact, these games do nothing but hinder the possibilities of videogames as a storytelling (or even artisitic) medium by just making them into movies 2.

Uncharted 2 is the perfect balance.

no i didnt, he was implying that no cutscene and endless combat would be a good thing. i was asking the question: if thats such a good thing, then why dont games that focus primarily on action do that already? thats it.

this is what we call video games

I hate the last of us you fucking redditor. My typing is affected by my rage.

Anyone who thinks TLOU is a good story has clearly not seen Children of Men, or any other half-decent similar movie.
It's a bad rip-off of half-decent movie, just like Max Payne 3, and just like that game, it desperately craves to recreate the magic without understanding anything that made the original good.
It's PAINFULLY predictable and clichéd, absolutely confused about it's own fucking point, and incredibly poorly fit for the medium itself.

If you want good writing in a game, look into Ice Pick Lodge games, or even fucking Supergiant ones. Fuck, even god damn Morrowind has writing that at least is more appropriate for the format it's presented in.

Games can have great writing, and can tell fantastic stories, but shit like TLOU or Max Payne 3 or RDR or Alan's Wake are not it. Those titles are an embodiment of "I wanted to make movies but I did not make the cut" bullshit.

Press x to win is the real problem.
Western games have so fucking low entrance level it's disgusting

tru. these "games" should restrict them selves from "cinematic presentation" and only do text boxes for the Yea Forums cred.

Attached: 1544202121385.jpg (178x182, 3K)

chill out, nerd. it only a GAME.

Attached: 1528853425876.png (500x522, 194K)

no, video games use cutscenes since 80s. Mindless beating every thing without explanation is dumb.

original Doom, quake, FEAR 1, AVP 2, lost planet 2, Battlefront 2 (2005), metal arms, max payne, hell even the Gears trilogy has better combat than Unsharted. naughty dog can't into fucking third person shooters. even if radical extremists came in and raided their company and forced them to do at least a good shooter game worth a shit, they still can't make one to save their fucking lives. the company lost all of its charm when andy gavin and jason rubin left. all there's left at naughty dog are a bunch of incompetent hacks since 2007.

weeb please.

Youll be chilled in a cold room on a body board while the doctors perform an autopsy to figure out how your own cock ended up shoved down your throat, mother fucker.

>Western games have so fucking low entrance level it's disgusting
Someone has Persona 5 webm combat when guy press one button and fight ends automatically?

>Games can have great writing, and can tell fantastic stories
Like? Which ones have better writing than TLOU? Name at least 3.

very rude. im trembling.

Attached: 1562913687888.gif (640x480, 1.34M)

are you implying The Last of totally not The Road has good writing?

>in order to realise that this is bad you have to see this, this and this
>implying i have all that time

Fuck off

>yakuza has an actually good game and a good story,

Attached: 1491769773706.jpg (500x514, 37K)

wow you're a fucking genius

>Like? Which ones have better writing than TLOU? Name at least 3.
I'm pretty sure I did.
Pathologic 2
Bastion
Homeworld

There, three.
I could add more. Cryostasis, Grim Fandango, Silent Hill 2, Planescape Torment, Silent Hill 2, Shadow of Colossus, Pyre, fuck, I'd even argue a god damn Witcher and Fallout 2 had better writing than the banal, cookie-cutter bullshit of TLOU. At least those had some consideration for the actual fucking game being made.

Why didn't you answer my question user?

Well, basic literacy, experience and frame of reference are pretty fucking important if you want to pass judgement on what is good and what is bad, you retard. How the fuck does that even need explaining?

What about the writing is bad exactly?

>inb4 breaking it down to it's most basic components

You can do that with anything

If those have good writing for you, you must be some zoomer or toddler user.

i don't have to answer shit to a redditor like you

Not him you retard. Here is your answer.

so your argument is shitty soiboi

That's a stupid fucking argument. I can reference whatever obscure media I've watched that's related to the subject, say it's better then tell you to go watch it. With basically anything within any time period. Again, fuck off.

The problem isn't how much cutscenes, it's making the game so braindead and on the rails that it might as well all be one big cutscene

Attached: benny hill intensifies.webm (962x540, 1.78M)

Dude, it's better because he said so. You lost.

Yes.

hilarious how many buzzwords you can put in one post.

Please point them to me, it seems you think buzzword means "someone said something i disagree with"

not as much as someone being so upset over a single post

Precisely. Do all games need cutscenes? Pic related doesn't seem to have a plot at all, and it's still remembered as a classic.

Attached: atari_jaguar_tempest_ad_usa.jpg (900x1212, 334K)

The problem is when you realize you paid $60 dollars for something that tries for 30 hours to be or try to do something inherently done better by other crews in another form of media (movies in this case obviously). Why would i spend that amount of time invested in something that is objectively inferior to the works its trying to imitate? I have as many movies in my backlog as I do games, so why would i choose to play something inferior in both regards? When i play games its for unscripted madness ala just cause 3 or something when its movies i want to see something with clear artistic motive and intent not something following shallow genre themes explored over 20 years ago. How anyone would want to play what is effectively a movie with on rails shooter segments is beyond me. If youre gonna get the same experience as anyone else playing the game either just watch the cutscenes on YT or go find some cinema actually worth watching

Attached: 1503169815926.jpg (494x366, 57K)

Great comeback you have there.

Not him, but I can quickly break it down.

For starters, as mentioned, it's a blatant and lazy rip-off of Children of Men, except without the charismatic and interesting leads, without the cinematic mastery, clever world-building and the timeless message. I don't mind narrative itteration if it IMPROVES on the original, but the this one is just straight up sillier, weaker, and the ONLY original idea they've added is one that directly contradicts rest of the message, not to mention the narrative format.

Second of all: the game has the subtlety of a Japanese comedy. Every single scene is HAMMERING DOWN a blatant point with absolutely no shame.
Remember how the past loss driving the protagonist in Children of Men was brief?
TLOU gives you fifteen minutes of hammering down how incredibly, shallowly super awesome the main protagonists relationship with his daughter is. It's so fucking cheap, so fucking predictable what is going to follow, it feels like a god damn CHILD wrote it.

Through out the rest of the story, the characters really do not have any depth. The only development is the simple arch stolen from children of men: Gruff jaded men does not want to get attached or involved due to past trauma, gruff jaded man connects any way, gruff jaded man realizes his opportunity for redemption.
That is IT. That is the guy's character. Ellie is developed even less, and no other character is worth even remembering.

Also, the narrative VIOLENTLY clashes with the gameplay. The entire fucking narrative point is the desire to protect Ellie. Yet the gameplay communicates with an INSANE clarity that she is not vulnerable. There are no fucking stakes for player: what he worries about has nothing to do with what the character worries about.

And nowhere gets that more clear than in the ending. The ending itself could have worked... in a movie.

What do you mean by" braindead" game and on rails?
Do you realize that game on rails is dead concept of games when you can't even move your character? Why are you so mentally challenged m8?

Problem is when they try to emulate generic hollywood movies. Comes off as cheesy and forced.

it's not me upset that someone has better games that won goty awards. It's pretty childish to be jealous user.

Attached: 1427154908736.jpg (255x352, 16K)

What is one of the most iconic moments in half-life? Oh yeah the opening train ride that goes on for 10 minutes. Strafing side to side to pass the time doesn't constitute "gameplay", the game most definitely has cut scenes.

>something that is objectively inferior
You don't even know what objectively is. Grow up a little before using words that are foreign concept to you.

First of all: "Obscure media". Children of Men. How fucking ignorant are you?
Second of all: stop getting mad at people simply because YOU ARE DUMB AND IGNORANT. It's pathetic.
If you have no frame of reference, if you are completely fucking dumb, then your taste is probably shit, and you should not fucking get into arguments with people less fucking brain-dead.
Get some fucking dignity, for fuck sake. You are literally trying to turn your own ignorance into argument in your favor. What the fuck is wrong with you?

>the game most definitely has cut scenes.
Does the word "cut" in the term "cutscene" not tip you off that you may be using the word wrong, you fucking mongoloid?

Sick burn bro

Have you consider that I don't care about modern non-games.

>shouting with capslock
Always sign of angry toddler crying to attention.

There's more to gameplay than just combat, but yet.

You call me challenged while taking my words so hilariously at face value? Yes, I'm insulting the games by implying their extreme linearity makes them *feel* on rails, it's pretty obvious

And with braindead i mean braindead, what's confusing you so much?

Attached: 1556559617253.png (1020x851, 1.88M)

>I don't care about them so I talk about them and I play them

He effectively saying its no different since the gameplay only serves to shepard you to the next cutscene

Again: there are more dignified ways to back out of an argument when you lose. Try not posting anymore next time, it will make you less pathetic.

What makes game braindead? Which ones are not braindead?
>extreme linearity
So why did you post GoW with sidequests and hub-open world? 99% of action games is linear, they are "on rails"?
What a retard, damn.

I didn’t like Darksouls 3 either but it’s has some good boss fights

It "Cuts" from gameplay to a "Scene". Hence the term. If you're still struggling try taking a few deep breaths and really concentrating.

I'm not even person you responded too, but shouting with capslock like angry toddler and saying x is bad and y is better because I said so makes you laughing stock in my eyes.

>gameplay only serves to shepard you to the next cutscene
I thought gameplay is there to give me enjoyment and feel of accomplish. Where did you get such a idea?

I only ever played 4 games made past 2010. 3 of them I only played because my brother wanted me to play them with him. Last one was Ion Fury.

>playing movies

>being this much of a headass

DS3 lets you choose paths, choose builds, pvp, covenents, side quests, and cutscenes only serve as boss intros and to cap off the beginning and end of the game. There are multiple ways a number of players can complete the game with different endings as well

If you cant see that the design concepts between Last of Us 2 and DS3 are this polarizing than you really should be playing more games than talking about them

Attached: 1492133493747.jpg (650x488, 32K)

I just recently replayed Uncharted 2, and I think it still holds up well. Definitely more gameplay interrupts than I remember the last time I played it around ~2010 or so though.
TLOU, however, definitely isn't the sort of game I'll ever be able to replay and finish. It was engaging for a single playthrough, but after that
it just loses its luster. Which is a shame, because I actually like the gameplay of TLOU... when it's there.

Uncharted 3 was mediocre. Never played 4.

First of all, no, you retard. It's a cut from SCENE TO SCENE.
Second of all, the point is in clear demarkation between one state and the other. Half-life does not have cutscenes, because there IS no cut, everything flows seamlessly. Jesus you people are fucking retarded.

I don't give a fuck that you retards are intimated by it. Adress the arguments, or fuck off you little god damn sissy. This is the literal equivalent of "It's not what you said, it's HOW YOU SAID IT!"

The fuck is wrong with you faggots? When did this board turn into such a breeding ground for stereotypes of annoying women?

>it dosen't have shit story for autists and bing bing wahoo visuals so it's movie
Classic austimus related to Yea Forums only thank god.

Attached: 1517959574153.jpg (960x639, 77K)

If you want accomplishment out of gameplay go play something with real difficulty and progression, the epitome of which being fzero gx imo. Dont even pose such a ridiculous question about this game. The devs of the last of us 2 want you to finish the game there is absolutely no challenge whatsoever implemented

>I like this one more baaaaaw
>now address to my "argument" baaaaw

Take tampon and stop using capslock you autistic raging toddler.

>If you want accomplishment out of gameplay go play something with real difficulty and progression
So TLOU on higher diffculties? It was challenging as hell.
>The devs of the last of us 2 want you to finish the game there is absolutely no challenge whatsoever implemented
Where did you get that from? Your bleeding anus?

Because they're "point and click" shooters with occasional "press X to awesome" moments unless you up the difficulty which just turns enemies into damage sponges with perfect aim. Or in TLoU for example you have stealth elements weakened by the AI's stupidity or the fact that the game doesn't even ask you to manage your companion, which instead can openly walk in front of any enemy with no consequences since the game doesn't care about putting up an interesting challenge. Because of how TLoU was marketed as a true survival game with realistic enemy behaviour, until the game actually released and we find out all of that was cut and enemies would attack you upfront with a baseball bat even if you're actively shooting them with a shotgun

Because these games do fuckall to distinguish themselves as games. GoW's biggest marketing meme was that it had a cool cinematic camera despite being an action game, what purpose does that serve to a videogame? The decision is so counter-intuitive they were forced to equip Kratos with a "belt" telling you where the enemies are instead of just allowing you to see them with a more efficient point of view

But hey, i guess I'm using too many buzzwords

Stop mixing gameplay and narrative to the point where the pacing suffers significantly for this. These moments are easily identifiable when your movement is arbitrarily throttled or an NPC has to finish their script before you can proceed through a door/ladder/room, and it's especially noticeable during speedruns.

Here's another example I've used before to illustrate this point from a completely different game:
youtu.be/vwq1P7ZgMTI?t=228

This is the one of the reasons I stopped playing TLOU and why I didn't like HL2 that much. The other issue problem are the quality of the puzzles as exemplified in this webm . They're more like glorified setpieces to disguise loading times than genuine problem solving challenges.

Having said that, you Yea Forumstards needs to shut the fuck up about this game if all you're going to spew is this "movie game" label. Half of the arguments in this thread completely miss the mark and are devoid of actual meaning.

Attached: 34745745858.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

lel wut? You trying to imply it didn't do well? I can recall only people that never played a MGS before getting pussy-mad they didn't understand the FOURTH title in a series story.

Lol you need to calm down. I use a few bad words and you're seething and projecting.

By obscure media i really meant any media. Your argument is dumb. You reference children of men i reference some precursor and say it's better. You reference ice pick lodge games and say it's better i reference xyz and say it's better

Oh? You don't know xyz? Well you have you have no frame of reference and therefore have shit taste. Again fuck off.

>Because they're "point and click" shooters with occasional "press X to awesome
There are not point and click games. I can simplify any video game to press something to awesome.
TLOU is survival horror game because of slower pacing, crafting, emphasis on resources, stealth kills, avoiding enemies instead of shooting everyone on sight.

Yes, you are using buzzwords again.

You need to have better reading skills. First grade is calling.

You know that insults like this only work when they make sense in context, right? Calling me a woman just because I called you one does not work if you are the one acting like one to begin with, crying about someone typing in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Are you 12? Did you seriously think the NO U level of response will somehow work in your favor?
And why are you so adamant to go through every cliché of insufferable and childish behavior? "It's the TONE" first, now literal "NO U".
What is next? Are you going to go for the trusty "Your mama!"? Or is that too masculine for you? Maybe "I'm going to tell my daddy" is more along your level...

Dude it can be this hard for you.... its a narrative focused game the only way you can finish the narrative is by beating it capiche?

And by all means go on to play it at higher difficulties that and the same artificial difficulty as CoD, Gears, and halo. No one here is gonna stop you from wasting your time

4 is the best one in my opinion

This. It's just jarring in games like TLOU when you're running around doing the typical stuff, and then you run into a proverbial brick wall, end up having to walk through some featureless empty hallway while your movement control gets slowed to a crawl, and forced to do some mindless shit like finding a ladder just to give the game time to throw not!cutscenes at you.

Not a fan. If you're going to go heavy on that sort of thing, I'd honestly prefer to just use actual cutscenes and take control away from the player rather than pretending like I have any real input during the several minutes I'm sitting there. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Then do it, you fucking retard. That is how arguments work, if you somehow did not pick up on that: you provide arguments, and see how they hold up.
Go, and fucking provide a game that does better narrative than Pathologic 2. I'd actually be genuinely grateful for that, because IF such game exists and I don't know about it yet, then I sure as hell want to know about it. That is how people fucking grow. And comparisons are normal, if not integral element in any evaluation.

How much of a pussy you have to be to take an issue with this shit.

so then i guess the only real "fix" is making the unskippable bits skippable? uncharted 4 lets you pike the combat sections from a menu, so tlou2 will be fine i guess.

yes, you idiot, in every single game in existence that have story, you have to finish game to finish story too. Congratulation, you achieved enlightenment now.
>that and the same artificial difficulty as CoD, Gears, and halo
Excuse me? What now?

>Go, and fucking provide a game that does better narrative than Pathologic 2.
The Last of Us. You lost sperg.

tell the story through gameplay?

It's not hard

Tomb Raider: adventure games with big focus on acrobatic platforming which punish your fuckups with death or simple lack of progression

Uncharted: the platforming is only there to pay lip service to the concept of adventure, a glorified loading screen where all you need is to push foward and occasionally press jump, and sometimes you're interrupted by a wacky OH SHIT YOU'RE GONNA FALL scripted sequences that don't amount to any real danger. If you were to purposefully push towards the edge of a wall while climbing you still wouldn't be able to fall and halt your progress. Literally can be "played" with one hand

Fucking bullshit

Attached: 1567083554458.png (533x358, 442K)

>a glorified loading screen
>all you need is to push foward

Attached: down9.jpg (884x800, 68K)

Jesus, you faggots completely lack any reading comprehension. What the fuck do you think glorified implies in a sentence like that?

What do you mean?? like when you watch the calorie amount on a packaging, how much cutscene? Like more than 15g of sugar is too much cutscene?

I blame halflife2

I literally played Uncharted 2 with my feet. If you press forward while tapping the action button Sam Fischer will always run forward and never run off and edge or into a wall. He make every turn automatically.

>The Last of Us. You lost sperg.
Funny that you mention Last of Us, because the comparison of the two games makes it extremely obvious how disfunctional TLOU's narrative is on multiple levels, since the two games actually share a lot of core story beats and themes. Namely the issue of a MASSIVE dissonance between the actual gameplay and the narrative.
Both games feature a theme of paternalistic protective feelings, and the question of what is worth sacrifices. Yet in TLOU the gameplay is antithetical to those themes, because the object of protection CANNOT BE HARMED and does not, in actual gameplay terms, require any protection what so ever, while the theme of sacrifice is literally not reflected at all as it entirely happens out of any form of player agency.
Meanwhile, in Pathologic, the death of those children you are expected to protect are very, VERY real threat, and the player is in fact, actually asked, to make great sacrifices - ones that the player himself has to live with.
Every narrative beat is propped up by corresponding mechanics in Pathologic.

Not to mention the characters are actually more complex, and so are moral subjects involved. Take Grace and her commitment to the dead for an instance, asking to player to subject her to great suffering and make a decision she will never forgive you for - in order to potentially (hopefully, maybe) save her life.

Pathologic does not have anything as cringeworthy as the games intro, that effectively betrays the whole fucking plot even before anything of note even happens by just how clumsy the writing is (the sheer amount of focus on how "idilic" the relation between the gruff guy No. 547 and his stock footage of a daughter instantly giving away literally the whole story arch for the main protagonist)

So... tell me. How is TLOU better than Pathologic 2 in your opinion?

Dude im glad with every reply you start feeling good about yourself but your 16 y/o zoomer ass still dont comprende. Yes, no shit, in every game with any narrative you have to beat it to complete it bravo ur such genius. The difference between a game like TLOU and an actual gaming-centrique game like fzero gx is that you actually have to master techniques to let you progress and there for deepen your knowledge of the game to progress. In harder difficulties in TLOU, gears, CoD the diffficulty focuses mainly on just giving enemies more hp (ie bullet sponges) which doesnt serve the player by making him better at the game at all it just requires the monotany of standing there longer and holding R2 until an enemy dies.

I look forward to seeing how you fail to put the pieces together again on your next post

Accidental reply whoops

>cringeworthy
Not an argument
>talk about gameplay when talking about story
Keep seething sperg

>Games are so shit the only thing that comes to mind when someone says "gameplay" are Nintendo games
Fuck.

But if i reference such a game and you don't know it, you have no frame of reference, i already consider you dumb and would then consider you ignorant, which means you probably have shit taste, why should i converse with someone who has shit taste?

See? This is how fucking dumb you sound but fine i think gabriel knight sins of the fathers to have better narrative

And again, fuck off

>like fzero gx is that you actually have to master techniques to let you progres
Another buzzword by autistic sperg. In TLOU you also have to master gameplay, especially on higher difficulties. How long will you keep coping?

oh no! make a actual video game, what a terrible concept

having shitty graphics and lack of story dosen't make gameplay better user.

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

Having better graphics and a story also doesn't make gameplay better.

It actually does, it makes gameplay more pleasurable.

Yes, ITT you Sony fanboys made it clear you're not into hard stuff like reading

>because the object of protection CANNOT BE HARMED and does not
youtube.com/watch?v=q98z-HQ-4iY
also she can be grabbed when your playing as joel, very unlikely to die this way, but still. if the A.I. had been done better then it could have been a cool part of the action having to protect her.
>Pathologic does not have anything as cringeworthy as the games intro, that effectively betrays the whole fucking plot even before anything of note even happens by just how clumsy the writing is (the sheer amount of focus on how "idilic" the relation between the gruff guy No. 547 and his stock footage of a daughter instantly giving away literally the whole story arch for the main protagonist) ...you dont even have to explain this, for you are entitled to your own weird fucking opinion.

>Pathologic does not have anything as cringeworthy as the games intro, that effectively betrays the whole fucking plot even before anything of note even happens by just how clumsy the writing is (the sheer amount of focus on how "idilic" the relation between the gruff guy No. 547 and his stock footage of a daughter instantly giving away literally the whole story arch for the main protagonist)
...you dont even have to explain this, for you are entitled to your own weird fucking opinion.

thought i pressed enter on that, oops.

maybe they like to read something good. Just because you eat shit dosen't mean everyone has to.

>Puts two characters of the same game to make it look like 3 games

This is true, being able to see in detail every hair on Drake's asshole really helped me forget how his game wouldn't grant me the privilege of losing even if i wanted

Yes
If the combat becomes boring that's just a sign of shit gameplay.

>playing combat that has nice visuals is not better than playing combat in worse visuals
That's really autistic theory m8
>Drake asshole
What are you talking about? Are you gay?

tru. if they were then they too would have the great Yea Forums cred

Attached: 1564260250443.gif (320x240, 446K)

Look you might have the energy and autism to keep posting in this thread all day but ive already proven my point multiple times youve just failed to comprehend most likely because of a rudementary understanding of game design

youtu.be/dvrepvisxA0

This is a link to a 20 min fzero gx speedrun. There are no skips no tricks, the only way this man has gotten this good is by learning to carefully exploit loopholes in the games design. (Like I said before this mans progression through the games natural difficulty curve along with his skill has allowed him to progress this far). As you watch try to imagine a TLOU2 speedrun even on the hardest difficulty. Would it reach these levels of mastery and insanity or would it just be running thru scripted mobs skipping cutscenes and finding skips throughout the game? The answer you find there is the true depth of TLOU2's gameplay.

Now dont post in my neighborhood ever again kiddo

Attached: 6c0.png (250x250, 121K)

First of all: the odds are I AM going to know it.
Second of all: if I don't, I'll have learned something new, I'll curiously look into it, and something good would have come from this entire exchange.

You already consider me dumb, because you are a fucking idiot who apriory assumes himself right even though you have absolutely NO FUCKING REASON to do so. You even admit that you have the general literacy of a clothing moth. You know you have absolutely no frame of reference and yet you assume your taste is good, for fuck sake. Do you have ANY form of self-awareness what so ever?

Do you not fucking see how mental this shit is? Are you a clinical narciss? Do you not have capacity for third person perspective?

What is wrong with movie games? Honestly? What's wrong with sitting down and enjoying a story? Why hate what other people like?

Attached: 1568958233338.jpg (800x623, 118K)

>Bad combat is ok if there's pretty grefix to distract me

saving this

>unironically being a graphics whore

Attached: 014749.jpg (250x250, 57K)

>dude, it's easy because I said so
Show me your achievement on beating grounded difficulty

i hate this tranny shit, and the deranged fucks that like it.

Attached: 1568958261956.gif (300x300, 1.28M)

>What's wrong with sitting down and enjoying a story?
Nothing. There's a reason movies exist.

>I have no counter argument so I will use strawman now
I wasn't talking about combat retardo.
Wanting better graphics is graphics whore now. Sorry if you like shit.

>No cutscenes and endless combat
Then movie-game is a buzzword. I don't see anyone calling JRPGs like Dragon Quest, Persona, Xenoblade, Tales, Final Fantasy, Xenogears, etc a "movie game" even though they either have tons of cutscenes or long, non-interactable dialogue segments that basically function as a cutscenes anyways. I don't see games like Yakuza or MGS or Catherine being chastised for being "movie-games" either, or games like Bayonetta even though there are QTEs and cutscenes
>inb4 muh walking
If "muh walking" is what qualifies as a movie game then virtually any game that's open world or has a focus on exploration for long stretches of time is a movie game now. BOTW is a movie game now. Dragon's Dogma is a movie game. Every GTA game is a movie game. Mario Odyssey is a movie game. Ico is a movie game. but I don't see anyone complaining about those being "movie-games"

It's a meaningless buzzword

* bad combat

>saying that as if you dont have any game you like for reasons other than gameplay.

Attached: 1561566467962.jpg (400x505, 59K)

>The absolute state of zoomers

Why even come to this board if all youre gonna do is fetal up when people call out your paper thin bullshit

Maybe if you actually used a couple braincells to understand other peoples points of view you wouldnt be so miserable in a thread with your shitty opinions

You can tell a story without having to use cutscenes.

Anyone who thinks Children of Men is a good story has clearly not....

Ad nauseam. No stories are new anymore. Get over it. Twilight Zone inspired hundreds of plots and took tons itself, and that was ONE SHOW from the early 60's.

Go back

What makes it a movie game is all the small, timewasting elements. Bumble around for a bit looking for a ladder so you can continue game, search for pallets with contextual prompts so you can continue game, etc. All of this is just an excuse to pad out the length so the characters can exchange dialogue, much like in bad film when characters who need to talk are given scenes that don't actually add to or advance the plot in any way.

Imagine watching Back to the Future and enduring a week of Marty spending the night at Doc's house, each sharing somewhat awkward dialogue and fleshing out their relationship. We don't need that shit, it's implied.

>talk about game he never played
>call anyone zoomer
I had enough of laugh, it's time to stop posting.

Uncharted is good though

I don't really give a fuck about some if's: there is NO sense of urgency in protecting her what so ever in the game. Pathologic figured out how to do this better, and it's a game with a literal shoestring budget. If they had no clue how to make urgency on which the ENTIRE FUCKING NARRATIVE hinges on actually reflected in the game, they should have chosen a different narrative.

And no, I don't think I need to explain how a fucking orgy of evidence that the main protagonists has a SUPER GREAT RELATIONSHIP with his daughter in a game that literally tells you you'll spend the rest of the game protecting entirely different girl is blatantly waving the "She is going to fucking die, the guy will become a jaded recluse, then he'll get a surrogate daughter figure to protect and will live through his chance for redemption" flag.
You really do not have to even know Children of the Men to instantly know 90% of the upcoming plot just from how incredibly cheap that forshadowing is.
It's storytelling 101: use of contrast. If a blatantly moody and grim game starts with a Days of Our Lives episodes, you have to be brain-dead if you can't instantly tell what is going to happen.
And it's cheap and lazy and treats the audience with utter fucking contempt.

Kek what? Joel sacrifices his own safety a lot trying to bring ellie over to the fireflies. Eating bullets, getting bashed in the face etc etc during gameplay. Btw how can you bring up shit like player agency when the one game is linear and the other choice based?

yeah, by static images you will read. If I wanted book I would read the book.

As always.

Attached: This way.jpg (1409x1652, 861K)

Can you not read?
What part of "I don't mind itteration in storytelling if the itteration isn't just straight up worse version of the original" did you not get, you cretin?

It's a distinction without any meaning whatsoever. Either way you're halting the progression of the game to be given context and plot developments. Hell, cutscenes are actually superior to Half Life's version of them. At least I can skip a cutscene if I'm replaying the game or just don't give a shit, in the Half Life series I have to stand around getting monologues/dialogues vomited on me as I stand there throwing shit around waiting to continue playing the fucking game.

Holy shit you braindead retard

You can have as much cutscenes and powerpoint presentations as you want and if your games has good gameplay it's still a game. Uncharted, TLOU are boring linear handholding experiences that don't require you to think or have any reflexes.

Yakuza is my favorite racing game

So every 3D Zelda is a movie game, since you have to waste time with short cutscenes every time Link opens a chest, in Ocarina of Time Link moves so slowly you have to roll in order to get anywhere + you have to deal with the damn owl every time you walk near him, Twilight Princess has a long, unskippable tutorial section, etc

>boring
not an argument
>linear
not every game has to be open world
>don't require to think or have any reflexes
false.

Dear god, is there no depth to the stupidity of TLOU fans?
Yes, I also get the strong sense of urgency of the future of the world in Serious Sam when I see how much bullets Sam eats over the course of the shooter's gameplay.

It's a fucking cover-based shooter. The fact that the player gets shot isn't exactly a strong narrative element. Dear god, where the fuck are you people crawling from?

It doesn't take into account moments where characters just walk and talk.

>If you arbitrarily ignore all the parts where you do nothing but wait for the dialogue to finish there's like no cutscenes bro!

Attached: IMG_20190920_211243.png (1026x935, 473K)

fun fact,elitist retard: movies and books didnt start off by telling story's. we just like injecting storys in our mediums for some reason.

they also easy, boring and don't require to think or have any reflexes

Literally hold my dick
Its all your good for

Attached: 20190920_141347.jpg (4032x3024, 3.39M)

Yes but you see silent hill was funny while last of us was boring just like modern movies. Starting to make sense now?

Adding voice acting to game isn't cutscene user
>wait
wut?

No, it's a perfectly valid and meaningful distinction. "Cutscene" and "Exposition" are two very different things, you ADHD ridden cripple. Don't use words that you do not know the meaning of. In fact: it would be wise to not talk when adults are talking all together.

>Wanting better graphics is graphics whore now
Graphics don't make a lick of difference to actual gameplay. If anything, it may actively hamper control responsiveness because devs tend to have more long-winded and uncancellable animations (which otherwise can look jarring), not to mention the performance hits.
One of the few exceptions to this is DMC5, but even then certain animations are more floaty/sluggish than their older counterparts, such as the animation for Dante's Helm Breaker.

There is almost always a trade-off, and coming up with a certain style of gameplay isn't as simple as transposing it 1:1 to a game with photorealistic graphics.

Literally
>N-no, that doesn't count!

Attached: 608.jpg (405x540, 95K)

Anyone that doesn't like Uncharted and Last of Us is simply a retard.

Maybe it's not worth 60$ because of the little replay value (even tho Uncharted 4 and TLOU are not exactly short), but these games are fucking prime fun for 1 playthrough

Attached: 1548163922619.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

>It's okay when Japan does it!

Attached: yakuza.png (930x770, 421K)

>no TLOU copy
why are you talking about games you never played again?
>hold my dick
I don't have such small hands, it wouldn't fit well

based

Uncharted 4 has great combat. It's awful in the other ones tho

Jesus the hypocrisy...everything i said just then was based off of what you told and assumed of me in a previous comment. Meaning you outed yourself as a fucking idiot with no self awareness. Do you know the game i referenced by chance?

Wow.
This makes me realize how fucking far has this board fallen. It's... kinda amazing.

This poster is a retard who steals his housemates money because he cant keep a job because hes a pathological liar and an actual retard. Your parents feeding you dog food as a kid is no excuse for your low iq

>Graphics don't make a lick of difference to actual gameplay
It does, good combat with good graphics is more fun than good combat with bad graphics.
Graphics is important part of video games.

>but these games are fucking prime fun for 1 playthrough

Attached: 1565417819133.jpg (360x320, 32K)

>Adding voice acting to game isn't cutscene user
True. And sections where the player is forced to walk slowly or do menial tasks like carry a ladder in a linear pathbecause the characters have to chitchat also don't make for a compelling game, if you even want to consider them a game

yeah, he was retarded for saying that Uncharted or TLOU are not worth 60$ because they are.

Literally
>Ye-Yes it does count!

Attached: 1568094068410.jpg (640x640, 57K)

It's okay when Japan does it

Attached: xeno.png (880x918, 574K)

>It does, good combat with good graphics is more fun than good combat with bad graphics.
True. Unfortunately the games discussed here don't have good combat and do try to compensate with a flashy presentation

I too also get a strong sense of urgency when I'm low on health in tlou and have no bandages from eating all those bullets. It's a fucking game how dumb are you?

Not everyone has ADHD and have to hold run button for whole game, few minutes parts when you progress listening to dialogues don't make game bad, in fact they are better than cutscenes or even worse just reading dialogues between static characters in japanese games.

fuck it, youre just too smart i guess. normies, amirite?

Attached: 1551366405467.jpg (2047x1535, 633K)

No one here has played the game we are discussing you asshat

However if you wanted this here you go

Now am i qualified to be your professor? What a suprise it is to know someone here actually plays vidya

Attached: 20190920_142101.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

>Gives them a non-linear open world to explore
>They complain that that the world is empty
Make up your minds faggots.

My favorite games are like this, why can't there be more?

>good combat with good graphics is more fun than good combat with bad graphics
I've just told you that's not how it works.
Your terms are vague as fuck to begin with. "Good" can mean very different and implement wildly different styles.

>Unfortunately the games discussed here don't have good combat
They have. Again you are objectively wrong.

Dark Souls has no "real" cutscenes after the intro.

No, you can clearly distinguish good and bad graphics. Maybe you should stick to amiga if you think graphics are not important. Are you poor or something?

>Do you know the game i referenced by chance
Vaguelly, yes, I do. Don't remember Gabriel Knight series to have particularly exceptional narratives (though I did not spend that much time on them), and I'd genuinelly like to hear what makes you think makes them stand apart from others, especially Pathologic.

As for the rest of your claims: are you feeling OK? Because now you are literally spewing nonsense.
I have enough self-awareness to only talk about shit I know a little about. I don't go around judging Mortal Combat or Pokemon or fucking Wrestling Mania, and then insulting others when they use other similar works to put my taste into perspective.

What the fuck is hypocritical about that you mongoloid. I know my narrative videogames, and I know my dystopic/post-apocalyptic fiction quite fucking well.

You clearly don't.
That is why I called you out on it.
Can please fucking explain to me what kind of god-forsaken mental gymnastics make you arrive at the conclusion that I'm "hypocritical"?

>not every game has to be open world
not every game has to have drake blocks and "puzzles" with moving ladders and trashbins

this shit is literally a league under david cages "masterpieces", as those at least have different endings and branching paths as shit as they are

>hating fun
whats funny is i probably play more PC classics than you and ive played all the uncharted games and tlou for free, and with the exception of the first game, they're all worth at least 20 bucks

but by all means go ahead and tell me what the most fun games are

Attached: 1561611272368.webm (1280x720, 2.03M)

>not every game has to have drake blocks and "puzzles" with moving ladders and trashbins
no, but what does this have to do with original argument? Are you lost somewhere?

>I too also get a strong sense of urgency when I'm low on health in tlou and have no bandages from eating all those bullets. It's a fucking game how dumb are you?
Are you serious with this shit?

Well, yeah, seem that way. You people keep proving that to be the fucking case, so... what else I'm supposed to think?

>few minutes
Judging from the videos posted, assuming the cutscenes are truly only 1 hour and 30 minutes in total, there's at least an extra 3-4 hours of nothing but waiting, in a linear story-heavy game with disappointing combat and stealth. Sorry if I'm not interested in failed Hollywood writers wasting my time like that

>they're all worth at least 20 bucks
20 bucks is exactly what I paid for Uncharted 2 and it still felt like a rip-off.

>I don't give a fuck about some ifs

Why should i give a fuck about the ifs in pathologic then? If i do everything right i can protect the girls without urgency too can't i?

>there's at least an extra 3-4 hours of nothing but waiting
no, why are you lying? What do you mean by waiting? The fuck.
>disappointing combat and stealth
objectively wrong.
>Sorry if I'm not interested in failed Hollywood writers
Apparently you do, looking at your shit taste.

>One autistic sperg BTFOing an entire board of 80 iq subhumans who apparently don't understand basic storytelling

Attached: 1541812581533.jpg (240x280, 18K)

That literally describes 3D Zelda, particularly Skyward Sword and BOTW, lmao. You spend all of your time walking and engaging in disappointing combat, Skyward Sword has unskippable cutscenes and an unskippable tutorial. There are even shitty forced stealth sections in both those games

Fuck off.

>holding forward on the gamepad while mashing the action button to win.webm
Nice

Other genres.

OoT is an example of poor design decisions. The chest fanfare pointless, full stop. Hyrule Field is a total fucking waste of time because there's nothing to do except hold forward and wait five minutes, but that was an attempt to show off their hardware. None of it served to add to the narrative.

As for TP, I'm not going to defend it. Fuck that game. It's as padded as an insecure 13 year old's training bra.

interactive movie means the combat is pretty much usually but not always an afterthought and just a means to get you from point to point B so you can get to the next cutscene. It's where you would have gotten the exact same emotional experience and experience of the story in general had it been a movie because the gameplay adds nothing. Except It can't be a movie because the movie industry doesn't allow stories that are 3h:30min + to be shown, so it gets released on a console instead with "gameplay" and the added benefit of being longer to flesh out parts.

Your arguments are inch-deep and stupid beyond belief.
Bloodborne's graphics are "good", and so are Guilty Gear Xrd's. Both games also have extremely different gameplay that are "good" for different reasons and purposes.
Perfectly transposing one game's "good" graphics with a different game's "good" combat isn't a thing. That's not how any of this works. Like I said, those terms can mean very different things and your argument lacks any depth whatsoever for failing to understand such a basic concept.

Because you pirated your games which means there is no incentive to produce them.

he's not actually holding forward only and he's not mashing buttons
Keep seething nincel. It clearly shows how anally ravaged you are.

quake 1 and 2 were good alternatives

Attached: 1568910479888.jpg (711x857, 83K)

Attached: 1551810711207.jpg (738x302, 106K)

no shit graphics is shit graphics user. Sorry that you are third worlder who can't get anything better.

>Why should i give a fuck about the ifs in pathologic then?
Again: what the fuck? There is no IF in Pathologic: the game centralizes on the theme of protection and sacrifice, and the gameplay is designed around those being your major concerns.

Where the fuck is the "IF". You said "IF the A.I. was better, it would work in TLOU". That is the problem: It isn't better. It's also false, the whole game would never DARE to take the fucking risk of actually challenging the player to begin with considering it's target userbase, but even if they had that ambition at some point, the game itself does not do it. So the fucking IF does not matter: the game is shit at reconciling it's narrative and gameplay.

>If i do everything right i can protect the girls without urgency too can't i?
Not that it matters, but: Not really, no. On repeated playthroughs when you really, really know the game by heart you can mitigate some of the stress, but never all of it, simply due to the way the game handles resource scarcity and elements of chance. Something is always going to go wrong, and you will always have to take risks and make tough decisions. The game is ballanced in such a way that saving everyone is almost impossible, only with shitton of meta-gaming knowledge, and even then there is some chance of bad luck screwing you over.

Is this a joke? The writing in Yakuza is fucking moronic

My god you're dumb. I called you hypocritical because of this which i then used to the same effect in thisIf you still can't see the similarities then you lack self awareness and are a dumbass. Again fuck off

I'm glad your only defense is "what about other gaem"

Did you have a stroke just now? I'm sorry you can't keep of what's being said.

The alternative is to make a game with zero cutscenes.

Attached: Dustforce.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

I have 1-3 for PS3 and they basically fucking play themselves. Uncharted games are eye-candy and nothing more.
I still remember 2's downgrade as well.

Yea Forums welcomes every faggot even those who crawled from some rotten vagina in 2001

Attached: 1568889238830.jpg (832x832, 79K)

Uncharted 2 hit the right balance between letting you play and forcing you to watch.

*can't keep track

What's the problem if you enjoy yourself though?

>low resolution, lack of details and aaa are not important at all
I'm sorry you are third world monkey, but good visuals improves game.

Oh so the game forces shit to go wrong on purpose? Doesn't sound like player agency to me

This, Yakuza has some of, if not the best combat in vidya.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>"Cutscene" and "Exposition" are two very different things

I didn't say they weren't. But if the cutscenes only exist as a way to provide exposition, the distinction is meaningless. You are a pedantic faggot and should give some serious consideration to suicide.

they wouldn't sell so much and wouldn't have such high scores if they have good graphics only.

>the combat is great
>literal cutscene during combat

Are you saying it's impossible for anyone to feel a sense of urgency when their health hits low in any game after an amount of damage? Really? Again...these are videogames.

People like movies and games that hold your hand.

>one autist agrees with another, and thinks hes smarter than everyone else because of it.

Attached: 1560282903724.gif (265x353, 1.8M)

they don't hold your hand. Where did you get that from?

The problem with TLoU and Uncharted is that the characters are just archetypes that can theoretically exist in any other franchise or setting with minimal changes.
They don't feel like real people. They feel like characters we've already seen before in preexisting films and TV shows that you've already seen.

Nathan Drake is le quippy Indiana Jones.
Joel is 'grizzled loner who wants a son/daughter' we've seen from countless movies.
Ellie is the foul mouthed teenager with a soft spot we've seen hundreds of times as well.

Do these characters even have strong beliefs or opinions about the world and the way it should be run?
Do they have aspirations that don't involve their profession or job?

This is very different from the characters in games like FO:NV or HL2. The characters in those games feel like they've lived through the world their in and it informs their worldview and political beliefs profoundly. Because these characters have beliefs informed directly by the world they live in, they feel more realistic and unique than the characters in Naughty Dog games.

>He thinks it's a cutscene

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 3.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

im sure you've paid just as much for a lot of shovelware on steam. you cant tell me the entire section in nepal wasnt the tightest fucking shit, plus the train level and the mountains, damn. it's got a good length too

ofc uncharted 4 is probably the most buy-worthy since crushing difficulty will kick your ass, it has a lot of random details and technology and option little bits of things to do, and its just as long as TLOU which is like an 18 hour main story except TLOU is very methodical and brings you into the narrative, while uncharted 4 just lets you really have fun with the gameplay

clearly never played uncharted

i disagree. at least 4 has a really good amount of gameplay depth. true about the downgrade on 2 tho

Attached: 1539454813182.webm (1280x720, 3M)

"No, you totally did a bad thing, and if you don't see what it was that only proves how bad you are!"

Really. I'm arguing with a flock of fucking obnoxious stereotypes of school girls here.

Do you not see the difference between someone who HAS a frame of reference calling some else without frame of reference out on shit judgement, and the other fucking way around?

I know what I'm talking about, YOU DO NOT.
That is why I get to call you a retard with shit taste, but you do not fucking get to do the same.
It's not hypocritical if a sane person calls a raving retard "A retard". Because a sane person and a retard are not the same thing.
To make it clear since you have serious comprehension problems: In this case, you are the retard, so you get to be called one and there is absolutely fucking nothing hypocritical about that.

Stop being a retard, and I'll stop treating you as such.
How does this even need to be explained?

So? Virtually any JRPG character is the same shit, they're just archetypes that can exist in any other franchise with minimal changes

>you were still at risk of ending up a cumstain on your dad's old sock you fucking zoomer
statements like this come off as overly edgy and not very creative.

Attached: 1564476178273.png (30x30, 2K)

It literally is

Not once did I even mention jrpgs, you sperg.

Name one (1) game with better combat than Yakuza.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 5.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

And I guarantee you're already familiar with the plot. Ever see a film about a man who learns to love again after loss? Ever see a film about a naive and bright-eyed character slowly losing their innocence to survive in a hostile environment? Ever watch a film about a zombie apocalypse in which mankind is the real monster?

I understand that all work is derivative, but TLoU added absolutely nothing to these concepts. It pioneered nothing and took no risks. It's not that it's a bad game, it's just soul-crushingly mediocre.

The agency is in how you deal with that. Because you always have more options to deal with the situation. It's more agency than any other game will give you.
Agency and control are not the same things.

>I didn't say they weren't. But if the cutscenes only exist as a way to provide exposition, the distinction is meaningless.
"I didn't say they weren't the same thing, but they are the same thing!"

Holy shit. I'm... lost for words, to be honest. Just... fucking don't fucking discuss this subject. It's fucking exhausting.

Urgency of Ellie's safety you cretin!
Oh my god... Is this thread the online equivalent of a fucking shortbus? What is wrong with you people?

>Nathan Drake is le quippy Indiana Jones.
Indiana jones is already le quippy and drake is nothing like him

We're not talking about JRPGs, pay attention.

From playing them.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (804x1080, 322K)

You're not proving him wrong
>push button
>game pauses combat to show off cool animation for 5 seconds

Streets of Rage 2. Not even baiting.
Yakuza never had good combat, it always was a good game.

>Zoomies think they're cutscenes
Further proof of the absolute ludo that is Yakuza.

>Yakuza never had good combat,
Except for the fact that Yakuza 0 is the best beat 'em up ever made.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 2.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

>low resolution, lack of details and aaa are not important at all
Who are you quoting? Because for me, "graphics" goes way beyond than just those three factors, hence why I mentioned animations earlier and how it might even have a negative impact on gameplay if they're made to look too detailed.

Besides, what games are you thinking of that have such a low resolution that it makes them unplayable?
I could draw more enjoyment from Demon's Souls on PS3 than Dark Souls 2 at whatever highest resolution and graphics settings you could crank it to on PC. It's largely an inconsequential factor unless the difference is extreme, which almost never is these days.

Ive only played uncharted 2 and like I said earlier there were sections I played with my feet so I could eat a sandwich. He literally will turn with no prompt from the controller to avoid walking off of cliffs or into walls. Mashing the action button makes him leap from ledge to ledge in the appropriate scripted order.

It really comes down to the production values.
No one would be praising TLoU if it wasn't for the hi res skin textures for Joel and Ellie, realistic facial animations, and celebrity voice acting.

All smoke and mirrors to conceal just how painfully bland and unoriginal the writing is.

God hand devil may cry 3 bayonetta and many others
Yakuza isn't even in the top 100

>"I didn't say they weren't the same thing, but they are the same thing!"

There is a difference between "they're the same thing" and "they are two different things, but it's not significant because in this particular scenario the two overlap". At first I thought you were a pedantic autist, but it turns out I gave you too much credit.

Congratulations.
Noting you said even contradicts my point.

>Bamham combat
>Good
I already said, good games, serviceable combat.
The combat is so good that they went and turned into a turn based combat.

Attached: 1529734913891.jpg (960x960, 232K)

That would've been a selling point for a game back in the day.

Seething westacucks can't handle Jap kino.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 6.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

But at the same time i know what I'm talking about and you do not, i said Gabriel knight had a better narrative than pathologic 2. You stated how you vaguely remember the series and spent little time on them, thus you have an inadequate frame of reference. I'm trying to show you how fucking stupid you and your argument are. Again fuck off

Pretty much every RPG works like this, where the gameplay and story are closely intertwined.

Don't feel too bad user, someone has to fill out the left side of bell curves and you just got a little bit unlucky

It really is just Bamham combat.
Also you get to pause the game to use items lmao.

Ahh yes celebrity voice actors like troy baker and ashley johnson people normalfags don't give a crap about

then why???games need quiet time. unless its specifically aiming to be some kind of endurance test, it gains nothing from this.

That's the thing user you had no point

They don't overlap, that is the fucking point. The use of cutscenes and the time dedicated to exposition are actually two different elements, because an exposition not conveyed by a cutscene leaves an entirely different impression on the audience. And I don't give a fuck that you don't feel so, because you are a broken person, and I'm sick of this discussion.

Next time you mongoloid, just use your words correctly. If you have an issue with exposition, because your attention span rivals that of a fruit fly, say that you have an issue with EXPOSITION. Or better yet, just shut up because frankly, who the fuck gives a fuck about you. I'm done with you.

>It really is just Bamham combat.
Except Yakuza combat is good.

Attached: Yakuza - Dojima Family.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

Yeah, I can see that.

Attached: 1568847957375.jpg (639x633, 73K)

If you somehow missed that, I also gave a fairly lenghty explanation of what makes Pathologic 2 a better narrative, even invited you to make your cause (which unsurprisingly, you did not). I know Gabriel Knight roughly, and more to the point: unlike you insecure pile of shit, I did not sperg out just because you mentioned it and I'm not sure how it matters.

Attached: Yakuza - Black Umbrella.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

>and I'm sick of this discussion

Funny way of saying "and I'm wrong but want to get in the last word". Might want to work on that anger, bro. You're gonna give yourself a stroke.

Attached: shig pig.jpg (500x500, 18K)

>indiana jones was always quippy
>nathan drake is quippy
>but indiana jones and drake aren't anything like each other lolol

Stop eating paint chips off the floor, retard.

But we both switched to talking about player character urgency. Anyway one user already showed she can die. Your argument is also null and void because you stated in pathologic 2 something bad always happens that ruins a sense of urgency then. Why care when it always happens? Just cause it offers more player agency doesn't mean it still has a lack of it. So by your logic both pathologic and tlou lacks player urgency and agency.

Make me.

i doubt "smart" as you think you are. we're talking about vidya game story shit here dood.

>Bioshock. You know, actual good games.
come back in 10 years redditor

Dark Souls is the more reddit of the two games, though.

evry game is. all games is reddit.

Attached: 1565871984859.jpg (660x455, 21K)

And it is as stupid of an image as ever. Again SH2 is a much older game and it has fun gameplay with a great story. TLOU is a bad story told with bad gameplay

So old good, new bad. Got it,

No, it isnt. There is no game more reddit than Bioshock except perhaps the Bioshock sequels themselves. Bioshock is the cancer at the heart of the sickness that modern gay ming is. It took the blueprint for a masterpiece from system shock 2 and raped it for what would become the fortnite generation. Its a game for sea slugs and mouthbreathers that want to hold the stick into the direction of the glowing arrow and press X to do the cinematic interaction at predetermined points that the game dishes out conveniently as you get new superpowers. Its an antithesis to what a good game is. Its to an immersive sim what hungry hungry hippos is to a gigantic tabletop strategy game that takes hours just to set up in the first place. Its fecal matter distilled to its purest essence. Its the single series that I truly hold as the indicator to who is fucking retarded and who isn't. It's like the motion detector from ALIEN except for autistic children

>Sh2
>good story
>good gameplay
Hahahaha

But SH2's gameplay is abysmal.

nope

>There is no game more reddit than Bioshock except perhaps the Bioshock sequels themselves.

Attached: FNV_Box_Art_PC.jpg (800x1135, 195K)

But you spent little time on them meaning lack of frame of reference indicating shit taste, why should i converse with someone who has shit taste? Now it's meaningless for me to state why i think it's better. This all according to you remember? This, is your stupid fucking argument

>But we both switched to talking about player character urgency
No, you mongoloid: I was talking (from start to finish) about how the gameplay conveys the urgency that is at the core of the narrative (the fear of Ellie's death or harm) from the start. You are an idiot who cannot comprehend most basic fucking concepts.
As for someone claiming that at one isolated case, there is an incredibly remote chance that she might die at one point, which does not exactly constitute a big deal.

>Your argument is also null and void because you stated in pathologic 2 something bad always happens that ruins a sense of urgency then
Again: fucking SHORTBUS online today.
I said that you will run into difficult situations reliably. Not that the SAME BAD THING ALWAYS HAPPENS THE SAME WAY. You have options to respond. Two characters may fall ill at the same time, and you may have only the tools to cure one of them. Or you may become ill yourself, being forced to weigh whenever to try to push forward with a significant disadvantage, or use the medicine on yourself, but risk that someone may fall ill another day.
Even if a character dies, you have agency in how you respond.
A mob may require blood of a family that wronged them. That is a bad situation that will inevitably. You can decide which one to give to the mob, or risk standing against it yourself, risking valuable resources, death even, in the process.
How is that ruining a sense of urgency? And why do you keep talking shit about shit you clearly don't know jack shit about?

Good compared to arkham knight
Just because they both make jokes sometimes doesn't mean they have the same personality retard

well yeah it's not quite as groundbreaking if someone else has done it before ;)

>Just because they both make jokes sometimes doesn't mean they have the same personality retard
Can Naughty Dogfags even read?
Holy shit.

Dude, this might be one of the most desperate attempts I've seen in the more than ten years I've spend on this board. You may be one of the most pathetic people on a board that is pretty much the go-to place for the most pathetic people in the entire universe. Jesus. Get some fucking dignity, for fuck sake. This is fucking sad.

The story was shit anyway no amount of extra gameplay would redeem the game

Does people's facial hair really grow like this or do they meticulously trim their neckbeard a bit shorter than their face?
I get uniform stubble from the bottom of my nose down to my adam's apple.

no, the cutscenes in 4 largely suck dick too and are TOO LONG

Play bloodborne, retarded falseflagger

4 was for people who didn't understand the series though...

I shave off all my neckbeard and trim my stubble
The neck hairs are back in a couple of days, though, giving off a similar look.

Except MGS4 doesn't have good gameplay in the first place.

Attempt at what? It was an attempt at showing you how stupid and hypocritical you and your argument was. Which i think you see because you constantly fall back on that "muh dignity" nonsense. Again fuck off

>Dude, this might be one of the most desperate attempts I've seen in the more than ten years I've spend on this board. You may be one of the most pathetic people on a board that is pretty much the go-to place for the most pathetic people in the entire universe. Jesus. Get some fucking dignity, for fuck sake. This is fucking sad.
That just means you're actually a newfag

Games like Dead Space and Dishonored did it right. Almost no cutscenes, and all storytelling is environmental. Another good example is Dark Souls, even though there's not much of a narrative

>Another good example is Dark Souls

Attached: 1565717340374.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

not shitty cutscenes and actually good combat would be a huge step forward.

>Uncharted combat is shi-

Attached: God Tier Uncharted 2 Gameplay.webm (900x506, 2.94M)

Again, it like the NO U case from earlier. Just because I did something does not mean that it works the other way around.

I know Gabriel Knight, I provided ton of additional explanations and reasoning, and I did not bitch about people providing other titles to compare with.

You just literally copy posting my points, which were based on the fact that you did the opposite of what I'm doing, does not prove me hypocritical you cretin, it just proves how absolutely, amazingly desperate you are.

>dead space and dishonored aren't reddit
>but dark souls is
either all are reddit or none are, reddit.

No cutscenes and endless combat

doom (!993) the masterclass of game design from ID is exactly this

Why does it look like everything has magnets?

>push guy two foot back against wooden fence
>he dies instantly

Attached: 1498490075201.gif (320x240, 50K)

>Dark Souls
>Not the most reddit game ever made

Yeah that looks pretty shit.

tty.

Reddit is whatever lets me win arguments.

>TLoU is a literal walking si-

Attached: God Tier TLOU Gameplay.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>heavily armed soldiers can´t hit one guy
>regenerative health

I know fucking fallout 1 for the first 10 mins. Seemingly it's the same with you and Gabriel knight because you said you spent little time on the series. Why are you so dense?

>No cutscenes and endless combat
perfect

give me some walking sections where I take in the scenery in between and during rest zones and we're golden

>press X to push and instakill

Attached: 1541783588328.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

t
that is some shit ai, it's like they made them fucking cross-eyed.

Attached: Replica_Recon_Soldier_027.jpg (528x1080, 74K)

I have played lots of jrpgs and they have plenty of well developed and interesting characters. Female characters in particular are much more varied than those from western games. Wrpgs, from my experience, have very poorly developed characters and are far less varied (most of them are inspired by Tolkien, Star Trek or Mad max).
Jrpgs are much more creative than Wrpgs or Hollywood games (Uncharted or The Last of us...)

i like uncharted 2 but this webm is hilarious

Based retard.

Attached: WRPG protagonists vs JRPG protagonists.jpg (2000x1952, 701K)

We talked about player characters hereSo does pathologic 2 have infinite variables of things going bad? That's still a lack of player agency dumbass if the game constantly forces things to go wrong regardless of what you do. Which also ruins a sense of urgency when you know things are just gonna go bad at any point. How repetitive.

It ain't just cutscenes. The gameplay itself is structured extremely linearly down corridor after corridor with frequent segments that might as well be cutscenes because you're just walking your character forward while they chat with someone else.

troll post, right?

Attached: 1539901806024.gif (250x250, 830K)

You're thinking of Persona, user.

>0:30
yeah, fuck console gaems. if this shit stain was on PC everyone would ridicule this piece of trash like big rigs and ride to hell, but since it's a sony exclusive, consoleniggers sucks its dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=mhfdezzjwyI
Reminded me of this

>hey look if I fully describe one cherrpicked side including their story while not describing the other cherrypicked side beyond just their looks at a glance, it sure makes that other side look dumb!
Wow yeah no shit, and if you fully described cherrypicked JRPG characters and their stories and plots while distilling WRPG characters into "man with sword' or "man with gun" and no further explanation, then you'd get the opposite, talk about crazy.

Attached: 1521986411077.gif (480x360, 1.33M)

JRPGs either have a silent protagonist who is paradoxically pre-defined in appearance, role, and playability (ala Chrono Trigger, Persona, Dragon Quest, Suikoden and so on) or a character is made up of generic anime tropes, typically from shonen

But JRPG writing is laughably bad across the board. Citing any JRPG as a means of good Japanese vidya writing is the strongest way to undermine your argument.

Attached: Final Fantasy VII - Ludonarrative dissonance.png (832x1258, 746K)

>memorizing enemy spawns
>shit, non-reactive AI
I've tried to finish this "game", I really have.

Attached: 1551928064436.gif (260x237, 1.99M)

Granted I've only played Chrono Trigger from that list, but that really is the extent of his character. He is brave man with sword and sense of justice. What are his passions? His weaknesses? His goals and dreams? We know he likes to swing a sword and occasionally get paid to cluck like a chicken.

We don't even see him say a word unless you get the joke ending. Which isn't to say that you can't or shouldn't try to establish a character nonverbally, but they really didn't even try.

>Zoomers never played a game that was pure gameplay with no story

If the choice is between cutscenes or gameplay I will take gameplay every time.
Given that it is never that cut and dried I will always go with the game that prioritizes gameplay over cutscenes.

Persona and JRPGs in general have lots of both. They're usually way longer than a movie game like Uncharted so it can feel like bloat depending on whether you like the gameplay/story. JRPGs usually have plenty of non-essential shit you can do, from parts of dungeons that just give neat items and aren't needed to finish them to entire sidequests that can also be skipped. Claiming Persona is as movie-like as Naughty Dog games is pretty silly. One is definitely more hyper-focused on providing a single linear experience where everyone's average playtime to complete will vary way less.

i did, it was pretty good.

Attached: 1556134374263.gif (480x366, 278K)

>too many cutscenes
>events that take control away from the player
>QTEs
When a game has all three it's a problem

>No cutscenes
Correct, no video games need cutscenes. Dialogue sequences are fine if it's like an RPG but cutscenes are the peak of developer laziness
>endless combat?
False-dilemma fallacy

Attached: IMG_0146.jpg (492x491, 38K)

>the only gameplay I can conceive of is fisticuffs or gunplay

Persona has long stretches of dialogue and story sequences that you have virtually no interactivity or input in. It's also, broadly speaking, linear in terms of progression of the story and the dungeons

But doesn't Yakuza have much more gameplay content than The Last of Us? The Last of Us is what 6 hours of cutscenes or virtual cutscenes and 9 hours of gameplay? Yakuza 0 is what, 7 hours of basically cutscenes but like 53 hours of gameplay if you do the extras without being a total completionist?

Based and Reipilled

Last of us has mp too

Not only that, but Yakuza's gameplay is amazing.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 4.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

nonlinear != open world trash
See the diferente between dark souls and farcry

Dark Souls is open world, though, and a big reason why 2 and 3 are trash is because they weren't.

Yes, as I said, it has both. Long stretched of dialogue heavy story time, and long stretches of dungeon exploring gameplay, but i think you just didn't really read or understood my post. Most games are linear in plot progression, but there are plenty of things that you can do in Persona that will result in two different people taking varying amounts of time to progress the plot, lots of side shit and little explorations. Two different people playing Uncharted will do almost exactly the same things at the same points and pretty much finish at the same time, because again, the game is hyper-focused on providing a single linear experience. The biggest variations might come from more open-ended gunfights, but it won't end up with the same level of variation between players.

If you have to ask then you wont accept our answers no matter what.

>dungeon exploring gameplay
I don't think you've actually played Persona.

Attached: persona4_dungeon.jpg (468x265, 27K)

Only morons think in extremes like you.

Even in that unflattering example I see more side paths and non-essential areas to explore than most Naughty Dog games I've played. Even that shit adds up.

To call TLOU an interactive movie is thinking in extremes.

>unflattering example
That's the final dungeon of the game. If anything, it's being generous.

>movie is just okay
>gameplay is just okay
>sony marketing
>10/10 game of the decade

Attached: 1421372906256.png (500x522, 24K)

>That's the final dungeon of the game
Okay? Actually I'd expect less exploration at that point, the game would probably start focusing on the ramp up to the climax instead.
>If anything, it's being generous.
I barely remember 4, never played Golden, so I'll take your word for it, though if you'd argued using this example from google images instead I feel like you might've had a harder time.

Attached: 2013-02-23-171222.jpg (960x544, 127K)

Armored Core 4A

>Posts an image of linear corridors devoid of anything interesting
I'll take it as a tacit agreement.

The game has an "encounter selector" that let's you play through every combat scenario in the game and skip everything else though

53 hours of the same garbage combat over and over

Reading conversations isn't "gameplay" either

Yakuza fans are delusional

Fact: Anything that isn't an FPS, RTS, or platformer is a movie game.

>Yakuza combat
>Garbage
Zoomer spotted.

Attached: God Tier Yakuza Combat.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

Either you're pretending to be retarded or just continuing to not understand my point. Just by looking at that image I can tell the time it takes people to get through that area is going to vary a lot more than it does for most parts of Uncharted.

>Ninja Gaiden is a movie game
Oh, the homosexuality.

nice of that enemy to do literally nothing while waiting for you to kill him with one press of the cutscene button

Yes.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 4.25.27 PM.png (1510x310, 142K)

Zoom zoom

Attached: Yakuza spa fight.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>QTE cutscene
wow! great game

also imagine the OAG meltdown if a western game had this in it

I like Yakuza a lot but you're not providing any real argument.

No westacuck button mashing trash can compete with the pure ludo that is Yakuza combat.

Attached: Yakuza - Insane boss fight.webm (640x360, 1.88M)

The argument is in the webm.

Attached: Yakuza spin move.webm (1280x720, 409K)

Papers, Please.
You can have story without interrupting gameplay.

It's sad that a fucking visa-checking simulator got this down pat better than AAA releases.

This is a better example webm than your other two. One of them is just a QTE, my guy.

reminds me a lot of those batman games

LISA is my favorite example of this.

even the biggest fan knows yakuza combat is braindead button mashing garbage with no challenge which only exists to pretend they're "real" games and not glorified VNs with repetitive minigames tacked on

>The combat is braindead button mashing garbag-

Attached: Yakuza Finisher.webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

You can beat the game by holding down forwards and tapping the action button. Drake Uncharted will hop from magnet to magnet and you will never lose.

soul kino. this is why metal gear solid is considered the best game ever made and uncharted/last of us is just a boring interactive movie.

Attached: Stealth game level design.jpg (650x519, 55K)

Attached: 1563746416433.jpg (645x729, 48K)

so.. bullet hell shooters?

No, 2D platformers.

Attached: Umihara Kawase Fresh 4.webm (960x540, 2.79M)

mgs fan seething

is this the best you could do?

Attached: 1548902039551.png (843x903, 56K)

Cope.

Yikes.

Dark Souls is not even that open; it is full of roadblocks and most of the content is obligatory to progress through the story anyway. Plus the gameplay is utter shit and half of the areas are too. This is why Dark Souls 3 sold more and is better than Dark Souls, because the gameplay is actually good and the level design is far better

I skip the cutscenes in Yakuza though. Those games are only good as a beat-em-ups with Japanese tourism elements and minigames. I don't give a fuck about the stories because they're garbage.

>because the gameplay is actually good

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

Dead space is a perfect example.

It's not even that, it's how up their own ass they are with how serious everything has to be, how it forces you to do menial shit like bring over a ladder or wait for someone to lower something as they give you exposition, and generally stop you in the middle of gameplay (That you can still control) to explain stuff or move stuff for you.

Half Life

What point are you trying to make? None of the bosses in DS are nearly as well designed as Gael and DS is also rollspam only slower and more tedious

Attached: AbyssWatchers.webm (960x540, 2.57M)

Still better than any DS1 boss

Attached: 1551478691328.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

The cutscenes are the only reason anyone would actually play Uncharted. Notice how you don't even see diehards praising the gameplay? Because it's bog standard third person shooter shooting gallery nonsense.

Cope.

Attached: GOAT Souls.png (1676x676, 372K)

Why should I? Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 combined anyway

Attached: 3572BCF8-2D77-4FA4-B94E-A31564F2E0EB.png (664x348, 57K)

Dark Souls is the best game of all time.
Cope harder.

>He fell for the 'Uncharted has bad gameplay' meme

Attached: God Tier Uncharted 4 Gameplay 3.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

>the ai is still bad
holy shit just kill yourselves already, naughty cucks.

Dark Souls is soulless jank shit, and Bloodborne does everything better (also the common consensus amongst fans and critics). Seethe harder DSredditor

Attached: 1554911547905.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

We are reaching cope levels that shouldn't even be possible. Even Yea Forums called Dark Souls the GOAT.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 5.58.35 PM.png (134x258, 49K)

It really, really does not. That's the asshurt from retards rejecting Demon's Souls leading to Dark Souls as a lost exclusive. They overrate Bloodborne to compensate for that.

>The AI is ba-

Attached: God tier Uncharted 4 Gameplay 4.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

It's more easy for writters to get success in vidya since you can make the most generic shit ever like The last of us and you Will have retards calling it the citizen kane of videogames unironically

>games need quiet time
No, you need quiet time.

Fuck you. The Last of Us: Factions is one of the best multiplayer games ever.

Bloodborne is far more open than Dark Souls for one. After Amelia you have access to Paarl, Frontier, DLC, most of the Chalices, Castle Cainhurst, Hemwick etc etc. Meanwhile in Shit Souls 1 DLC is only available halfway through the game, and most of the content is sealed off. The combat is also far better in Bloodborne without a doubt. The setting is less cliche and the level design is more varied and open than the branching corridors found throughout Dark Souls. Even Anor Londo, the supposed high point of the game, is just an long corridor filled with copy and pasted mobs. And this bugged mess is supposed to be the best boss in the whole game:

youtube.com/watch?v=veNODfnljjA&app=desktop

I honestly can't replay Uncharted 4. That first half is so fucking slow and boring

Attached: Facts.jpg (750x730, 72K)

Lost Planet 2 > Gears of war 2 >>>>>>>>>>>> Uncharted 2
i don't mind cutscenes, so long as they're fun and over-the-top
youtube.com/watch?v=7_A5EDIc3PE
youtube.com/watch?v=1cP_rbjnUiY

Attached: 1510685872539.jpg (320x240, 17K)

>Uncharted 4 is borin-

Attached: Uncharted 4 China Lake.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

g

Attached: 1480879131846.png (1920x1080, 845K)