This awe-inducing image is from a Playstation 4 game

Are you amazed at the graphics?

Attached: spider_man_ps4_photomode3.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

yes
It looks better than I remember

Attached: 1559247641860.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

Yeah. Current graphics look like the "realistic" fanarts people made when games were still in their early years. Pretty crazy.

Attached: 123231.png (1189x725, 1.44M)

Yes. You’d have me convinced that that’s Spider-Man 3 or whatever film we’re on now.

mcu spiderman looks worse than that

Attached: 1562242668674.png (750x375, 372K)

Games look amazing nowadays, but I still find myself being more amazed at what older games did.
Guess it's just seeing what they managed to do despite the limitations of worse hardware.

Attached: Uncharted™ 4_ A Thief’s End_20190329174718.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

Does this count as advertising or low quality?

Glad that Far From Home cut down on unneeded cgi shots of his suit and had overall superior quality, the suit they actually made in real life looks good, so no idea why they covered it up with CGI during Homecoming

I stopped being impressed by graphics when I was 12, still a good looking game though.

Nah, being amazed at the graphics over gameplay is like being amazed at a wine bottle instead of its contents.

thats the same hardware

Attached: 1539888569345.jpg (3840x2160, 902K)

arkham knight ps4 looks better imo

I know that. I'm just saying that while I'm sometimes impressed by how good modern games look, like the picture I posted, I'm impressed by older games visuals a lot more often. Sorry for not clarifying.

Attached: 1 nocy7LIb2cgVD0TVLbQVbw.jpg (854x480, 108K)

Shit looks pretty good, imagine what the next gen will look like.

Attached: 1568885943403.jpg (3840x2160, 1.41M)

Different user but I agree with this. Horizon, God of War, Uncharted, TLOU, Spiderman, they all have the same damn aesthetic. I've never played anything on my xbox but if I had to guess, Gears and newer Halos are probably the same. At least Arkham Knight had a unique aesthetic that set it apart from most games, but even then the tacticool shit was too much.

Attached: 1568912310315.jpg (960x540, 103K)

>Horizon, God of War, Uncharted, TLOU, Spiderman, they all have the same damn aesthetic
what

ALERT THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE ALERT NOT REAL LIFE. IT IS FROM VIDEOGAME SPIDERMAN POWERED BY THE PLAYSTATION. ALERT THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE ALERT NOT REAL LIFE.

Im not really impressed by games loading in high quality models for photo mode

They're all hyper realistic with slightly different window dressing. That selfie with Kratos, Drake, the ugly redhead, and the Days Gone guy is the best illustration of this.

Attached: PeacefulFewAmethystgemclam-size_restricted.gif (318x252, 187K)

too bad sony stole sp form marvel in movies i expect marvel will do same thing to sony in games

you're stupid
realism isnt an aesthetic.

>Gears and newer Halos are probably the same
oh you're REALLY stupid

>HZD and Spider-Man have the same aesthetic because they're realistic
you fucking what? I don't think you know what aesthetic means. Nobody would ever confuse pic related for Spider-man of vice versa.

Attached: Horizon Zero Dawn™_20181118155820.jpg (3840x2160, 1.11M)

>realism isnt an aesthetic
Get on disability, you fucking autistic retard.

The machine parts in HZD are indistinguishable from the ones used by Sable's forces. They might as well all belong to the same open-source asset pack.

looks like shit heres a better screenshot of something cooler from a game that is much older using much less powerful equipment and somehow looks way better

Attached: besthorse.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

You could swap out Aloy for picrelated and vice versa and neither would stand out in the other's game from an aesthetic standpoint.

Attached: download (22).jpg (297x170, 7K)

Drake, the Native Infamous protag, Aloy, nuKratos, all have the same fucking aesthetic, you disingenuous dip. But cling to the one speculative thing I wrote like the mongoloid that you are, that'll work well. Hell, even the new guy from the single-player Star Wars game that's about to come out looks like he could be model-swapped into any of these hyper-realistic games and he wouldn't look out-of-place.

Attached: 1568531561408.gif (500x463, 997K)

>nooo dont call me out for saying something so retarded like gears and halo being the same

how are they the same aesthetic? 3rd person?

>I've never played anything on my xbox but if I had to guess, Gears and newer Halos are probably the same
Keep kvetching, faggot. Mudbrained nigger like yourself desperately needs to latch onto some made-up bs like a monkey does a vine because you can't come up with any argument against what's actually been said.

Attached: 1568771438237.jpg (1059x1033, 98K)

>Indiana Jones expy
>tribal machine scavenger
>roided out greek berserker
>the same aesthetic

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20180912095819.jpg (3840x2160, 826K)

>shit polycount, terrible shadows, mediocre textures
Fuck, is this bait? I can't tell anymore

It's true tho. Those characters all look like they could jump into each other's games and fit right in. Why don't you try to address that instead of seething about the hyperbole? he mentioned not playing xbox games so quit digging a hole harping on about stuff no one said and say something about the look of ps characters in shit like picrelated instead

Attached: 64869927_2370795009830019_3386806876618434581_n.jpg (320x320, 23K)

>doubling down
oh no no no

if you were capable of reading, you'd see that I asked a question that still has gone unanswered
so ill ask again
What do those games have in common in the matter of aesthetics. Besides "muh realism" because then that includes a plethora of games outside of those PS4 exclusives

same to you, retard

the actual game looks better than that screenshot desu, especially on a 4ktv with ps4 pro

it certainly looks better than spider-man in the mcu though

Kratos would look very obviously out of place in all those games.
Nate could fit into TLOU, but naughty dog.
Aloy would look out of place in the rest of those games.
Spiderman would also very obviously look out of place in any other game

because they have high resolution textures just for the photo mode, you retard

games still look bad.
we need higher triangle counts
we desperately need ray traced lighting.
within the next 10 years i would like to see a nice, real-time, path-traced implementation of a SSS random walk shader.

also more compute in general. physics simulations in games are awful. at least the machine learning stuff will be useful there.