That thing that makes me butthurt the most isn't Astral Chain being exclusive. It's Nier Automata being so hopelessly...

That thing that makes me butthurt the most isn't Astral Chain being exclusive. It's Nier Automata being so hopelessly, shamelessly mediocre.

Had Automata being good I wouldn't have minded Astral Chain. But Automata being awful while Nintendo Switch owners got one of Platinum Games' best games means that by buying Nier Automata I paid for someone else's premium food while I ate burned leftovers.

I will never buy a Platinum game again. Well, to be fair it's not like they're making games for non-Nintendo platforms again.

Attached: why why.jpg (633x711, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jO4v_oMJV3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

k

i can smeel the esl from miles away

You can stop being a stealth contrarian any time now, OP.

Automata has very simple, underwhelming combat.
Astral Chain has a very simple, underwhelming story.
Platinum can't think of more than one thing at a time.

I think Astral Chain’s story is completely adequate. It’s got a cool setting and I liked the characters more than the Automata cast.

This.
AC was about as good and satisfying as a video game story needs to be.

The story is literally just an amalgamation of action movie tropes based around eva's general plot. The only thing that isnt instantly predictable are the secret of the raven soldiers and yosephs whole plan.
Its a well executed story, but its still a pretty basic action flick.

lol it's so obvious you haven't even played automata

False flag

Astral Chain sucks

Attached: farthing.webm (1280x720, 1.74M)

COPE harder.

Your crying will not stop AC from being a success and being beloved

Platinum didn't write the story. Yoko Taro is. They took care of the gameplay. NieR 1 is a straight-forward Action RPG and was thus very accessible. They wanted to keep this accessibility for Automata, but depth is still there for those who want it

tl;dr: NieR didn't pay for Astral Chain, Nintendo did

No it does not.
Not to mention Automata is way more than just a straightforward action game.

Astral Chain is pretty low in terms of platinum games gameplay. The hitboxes/animations and move assist make the feel more like a dark souls clone like the surge than a competent action game. Eventually I realized the only difference was doing a button prompt qte every time sync blade came up, without even using skills I was getting S+ every fight, so I just called it and went back to playing other games by file 8

The story of AC is just arse, and the characters are way more robotic than the machines in NA. No idea why they had to make the MC mute too.

They peaked with metal gear rising for me
Though i must say i havent played w101 so maybe that one is good too.

If Nier Automata is such a bad platinum game, why is it their best selling game literal millions of copies?

How the fuck does that happen with a game that sold 200K at launch? It's unheard of.

Shit taste

Ass to mouth to ass to mouth

>false flagging to try and prop up a shit game
AC is mediocre at best, fag

Attached: csKJtxk.gif (640x360, 1.78M)

>nier became a culthit over the years
>came out at the right time when there was little else coming out
>pandered to jizzskulls
>got good reviews
>was a platinum game on a platform that actually buys action games

Fans of previous Taro directed games were going to buy it for the story/to support Taro, PlatinumGames fans were going to buy it for the gameplay, and horny otakus were gonna buy it for the ass.
Also helps that Nier had a lot of word of mouth over the years.

Attached: NIER.png (340x547, 327K)

>game sells millions of copies
>that automatically makes it good

Nier Automata has a decent story/world but is pretty bad altogether
Astral Chain has an alright combat gimmick but is pretty bad altogether.

Platinum hasn't put out a good game in five years

Attached: consdier.gif (260x173, 769K)

I’m okay with that because it’s got a great well-realized setting, and I think Akira gets a great character arc. He just can’t stop sucking, and he goes through a lot and eventually redeems himself.

Sounds like your are just crying over not being able to play it.

>Akira has a great character arc
lol wat

>Akira has a massive chip on their shoulder
>Chip just gets bigger because the story is retarded and gets rid of all other characters besides you
>Dies
>Comes back as a clone still pissed off
>Goes insane for all of five seconds for no real reason
>Dies again

The Last of Us is one of the best selling videogames in the story of the hobby. Does that mean it is anything more than a glorified movie?

>millions of people are wrong
>im the only one right

Yes, it's one of the best games ever made.

You can cope as much as you want but facts don't care about your feelings sweaty ;)

NierA's quality lies in its story and writing which is all Yoko Taro magic. coincidentally that is also what most of the mainstream audience cares for.
A gameplay focused game will always sell less than a story focused one. Why do you think all Sony exclusives so heavily bend towards the cinematic game meme? Its what sells.
As a pure action game, NierA is weak as fuck. Even tho it is very intentional as Platinum was actively told by square to make the game simple and easy to play because the people buying Nier are storyfags, waifufags and JRPG lovers who are not used to playing complex action games.

You do know Platinum has nothing to do with Nier story right?

Christ most gamers are idiots who don't even like story in vidya so what does it matter.

Attached: Emil.(NieR).full.1106930.jpg (550x640, 293K)

So that's why Nier was such a great success?

Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro and Astral Chain were some of the best selling titles this year so "people don't buy pure action games" is bullshit.

Paying for Automata didn't impact Astral Chain whatsoever
>platinum were going bankrupt
Do you people seriously think that while publishing 2 games Nintendo would have let Platinum dissolve?
>Well, to be fair it's not like they're making games for non-Nintendo platforms again.
Most of their games are for platforms not owned by Nintendo, and all of their commercial successes are too.

Pretty much
Yoko Taro's madness word of mouth + braindead action game + 2B.
It wasn't successful due to having merits as an action or action RPG game.

>astral chain
>best selling titles this year
It's not even going to hit the top 100.

Do retards actually still believe that?
Or is it still the same retards COPING and pretending arms flopped?

I like that he’s massively insecure, bad things keep happening to him, and then he finally gets what he thinks is real power and then he tries to be a chill cool guy. Then he goes nuts because he finds out he’s being used and still sucks just as bad. But in the end, he manages to protect you, at great cost. It’s good stuff.

It makes way more sense to me than 9S suddenly whining about how all the humans are dead and going crazy when he hasn’t cared about that in the slightest for the entire game.

Astral Chain doesn't even attempt to have a story. Instead it focuses on an immersive setting that gives a good context for beating hordes of monsters.

Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish and Bayonetta were good games because PG was a new company at the time and needed to make money fast.
They always wanted to work for Nintendo and once they got it they stopped caring about everyone else.

>But they want to stay independent
Because they use other platforms as stepping stones to get extra money. The truth is, if you don't own a Nintendo console Kamiya and his team consider you someone not worth their effort.

Selling mildly well and seriously it's sales weren't shit is not at all an indicator for even minimal success, there are indie games that will outsell it this year multiple times over. I'd be surprised if it surpassed 1 million units, it probably won't even do half of that. It's already down to effectively nothing in Japan.

>The only thing that isnt instantly predictable are the secret of the raven soldiers
Probably because it's so fucking dumb nobody would've thought it'd actually be true.

How did Yoseph manage to make literally hundreds of clones in a couple of fucking weeks, anyway?

>and yosephs whole plan.
But it's literally just Eva. It was obvious from the first minute, and when he talked to SEELE, they just outright confirmed it.

It's easily going to be over 1 million, stop being delusional.

Nier Automata has sold more than all of those titles you fucking moron. It's at like 4.5 million copies.
The only one that comes close is Sekiro and that's purely off of FromSoftware's pedigree. A fuckton of people disliked that game because it was a pure action game and not an RPG like Souls. If they made a Sekiro 2 it'll sell worse.
DMC5 and Astral Chain are not going to hit the same numbers as NierA ever. As much as I love both of those games. That's just the reality of the industry

>and once they got it they stopped caring about everyone else.
Definitely bait. Platinum make games for whoever pay them, Nintendo just keep doing it possibly because they are retarded, it's unknown, if anyone Platinum should be bought out by Sony or Square-Enix, both are a perfect fit for their brand, their games sell best on Playstation hardware and their games sell best when published by Square-Enix. Like a glove.
You have nothing to indicate that they have any preference for Nintendo hardware, their best effort was put into games made for non Nintendo hardware.

And so will Deadly Premonition 2 and No More Heroes 3, these games are niche, they sell poorly, but you can just look at them and see that their production values are extremely low. I'm legitimately surprised that Deadly Premonition 2 looks as good as it does, I expected it to just reuse all the content from 1.

what is it about Automata that makes this board seethe so hard? There are at least 2 threads a day crying about it.

w00t?
I am confused, is OP a faggot that does not understand that these 2 games are different and has different directors?

Attached: 1546999143579.jpg (319x331, 15K)

I wouldn't be too confident. Fucking Bayonetta 2 barely hit that mark. It wouldn't surprise me if a new IP sells less. Dont get me wrong, that doesn't mean the game is not a success. Only retards think of success in pure sales numbers when its very relative to the budget of the game. And the budget for these games is much lower than what people think. Astral Chain as brand is fine but if you think its gonna be some multi million seller, you are gonna be disappointed

>You have nothing to indicate that they have any preference for Nintendo hardware
Korra
Ninja Turtles
Nier Automata
Scalebound being cancelled
Being fired from the Granblue action RPG project
Babylon's Fall is nowhere to be seen

vs

Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Astral Chain
Bayonetta 3 is still coming

Granted, they have Nintendo-exclusive stinkers like Starfox Zero and non-Nintendo exclusive surprises like Transformers Devastation, but both were accidents.

>their best effort was put into games made for non Nintendo hardware
Those three games were intended to make the company attractive enough to earn leverage with Nintendo (and finally Bayo did the trick). If current Platinum had made those they would be shit unless Nintendo exclusive

>sony
Good job outing yourself.

Your entire "proof" is exactly one game that is literally a multiplat.
And both Vanquish and Bayonetta on ps3 weren't really a success either.
And considering how platinum loves sneaking sexy things into their games, Sony is the worst possible choice imaginable.

Nier Automata wasn't made for the action game crowd, why is this so hard to understand for some?

>not a single mention of platinum's magnum opus
you are mostly right but you are also a fag

It actually tracked higher than and bayo 2 in every market.
1 million is definitely a reasonable assumption to make.

It was made for the moviefag crowd.

Let's be real, if there's one reason why Astral chain came out, it's this man. Platinum could never write an interesting story, whereas Taro could never have decent gameplay. Automata is a technically solid game that plays fine and looks good enough, which used to be almost unheard of from a game written by Taro. PlatinumGames were competent enough for Yoko Taro to raise them up and give them some hope and that's why Automata was a success.

Attached: 198247.jpg (555x328, 25K)

This is the most retarded post in this thread.

Platinum doesnt have a preference, Its Sony and MS that are asshole to Platinum because they only make niche action games.
Kamiya straight said that during Bayo2, Sony and MS told them to fuck off and only Nintendo offered to fund their game.
NO FUCKING WONDER platinum loves working with the only publisher that gives them appropriate time, budget and help to make the games they want to make.
Hell even Square Enix gave them a shoestring budget for Nier A.
Scalebound was doomed to death the moment MS started changing shit and Kamiya hates people fucking with his vision. That game was meant to be a SP game about a girl and a Dragon and MS forced them into making a dudebro co-op game with dragons. No wonder Platinum lost all interest.
Sony straight ignores anything Platinum has to offer because they dont think their style of games will ever sell 10million copies like their other exclusives
Also shitty licensed games are literally low budget cash grabs, they will never have any kind of quality.

>Being fired from the Granblue action RPG project
Relink was always developed by Cygames in-house, they just hired PlatinumGames to work on the combat system.

People usually just enjoy both it's not about picking sides

Both games are fantastic and only retarded contrarians on Yea Forums dislike them.

>Those three games were intended to make the company attractive enough to earn leverage with Nintendo (and finally Bayo did the trick). If current Platinum had made those they would be shit unless Nintendo exclusive
Why am I even replying, it's so blatant, you have nothing to indicate that this is the case. I hope you are OP.

You can remove Korra and Turtles, those were made with as much passion as their miniscule budgets allowed, these were cash ins published by Acti-Blizz
Scalebound isn't really fair, that game was just Microsoft, it looked rough around the edges because it was announced less than a year after it entered development, and they were showing it off with only a year and a bits development time, compare that to Astral Chain which was announced with between 2-3 years development time, this is just mishandling by the publisher, and not really anything more, any lack of quality the game had would have been down to Microsoft, not Platinum.
Nier Automata is extremely high quality and has a lot of effort put into it, it not being up to Plats gameplay standard is entirely due to it's publisher who wanted more style over substance.
Plat weren't fired from Granblue their work was only contract based, it was never their project.
Babylon's fall is coming, it was just announced way too early.

But ultimately what platform do you think that that Plat self published title is for? it's not for Nintendo hardware that's for sure. this will be the nail in the coffin for anyone thinking that Plat like Nintendo anymore than they like an ATM.

>proof
More just pushing for what fits, Nier Automata sold well because it was on Playstation hardware.

ESL need to be purged from this website.

No it didn't, only a retarded snoyfag would actually thinks a game that sold 50 percent of its copies on pc+ Xbox was a success because of the Playstation.

you just sound like a desperate snoyfag making a retarded narrative.

Are you one of those sonyfags crying everything that isn't on switch is somehow a Sony exclusive?
Because that's the kind of COPING I'm seeing here.

>sold 50% of it's copies on PC+Xbox
No it didn't. it sold almost all of it's copies on PS4, which is the same for basically every multiplat.

>Automata sold several millions copies
>OG Nier and Drakengard 3 are still stuck on PS3
Explain this Square Enix

It sold 1.5 million on pc alone, retard.
Good luck keeping your COPING narrative alive right now.

Are you one of those nintendies that claim that exclusives are the only metric for platform value, because lets be honest Most people buy games for PS4 anyway, so exclusives don't matter shit.

Nice numbers faggot, we all know that's a lie.

>OG Nier and Drakengard 3 are still stuck on PS3
DoD 3 is a ps3 exclusive AND awful technically so it might very well be unsalvageable.

It's UE3. Just by taking it off PS3 they'd already solve most of its issues
>ps3 exclusive
lol who cares it's not published by Snoy

You all know that people can like both, right?

You mean she you fucking homo

Nier Automata is incredibly better than Astral Chain. You either posted the opposite of your opinion, or you just can't play Nier Automata because you don't own the platform.

Go watch a movie if you care about story.

Retard

No idea about AC but NA was shit

Seethe harder, tranny

>I refuse to play with anything that doesn’t have a penis attached
t. (You)

Platinum has always been not great at story.
Astral Chain just feels like the first game where they put more money into it and the side activities

>Watch Nier:A
>Dont get to truly experience "This cannot continue"
>The creepiness of the robot carnival
>Become as Gods
>The Devolva+Popola assitance
>Kaines Garden

And yet NieR Automata is considered a modern masterpiece meanwhile noboyy gives a shit about Astral Chain

>And yet NieR Automata is considered a modern masterpiece
No, people just want to fap to 2B

>Flaseflaging.
>Shitposting.
Why you can't accept that people can like both?

I don’t think experiencing any of those moments as a game added much. Most of the things you’ve mentioned are introduced in cutscenes.

I feel like utawarerumono did the whole "humans went extinct and now only their replacement is left" stick better.

So now sonyfags literally delude themselves by denying reality.
Fucking hilarious, imagine being so shut you have to invent sales numbers to look less cucked.

N:A is a mondial success and it deserves it.
Cope and seethe more incel

>mfw I bought Automata 3 times and got the nsp for astral chain

When will brainlets understand that certain stories such as NieR Automata can only be told through video games?
>Y-Yeah the story may be a masterpiece but that doesn't matter, it should've been a movie!!
NieR Automata only works as a video game, the story perfectly synergizes with the gameplay. It's considered a masterpiece by everyone who matters, claiming that shit like Astral Chain is better is simply delusional and wrong.

Nier Automata is the best and best selling platinum game they will ever make until their next Nier game

Cope and Seethe harder

Well I mean this is the same world with deadly eldritch beings from another dimensions while also having the means to capture and pacify them so they can be used as weapons. Also the fact the entire world is fucked too

Nier Automata could be a movie as well, nothing would be lost.

COPE harder

this guy is literally hal emmerich

Attached: latest.jpg (386x310, 26K)

Double false flag, both games suck

Why are snoyfags denying actual facts?
Is owning a Playstation that much of a mental illness?

>Nier Automata could be a movie as well
No it couldn't you implying this bullshit clearly shows that you know absolutely nothing about the game.

People claim that, but there is no moment that couldn't translate easily into another medium.

It's and incredibly shallow game with a reddit tier story, deal with it.

Astral Chain is my favorite title since Meta Gear Rising from them, but l never played Automata so l can't really compare both, l am just glad they ditched mission base structure for open wolrd, Bayonetta need that badly.

>but there is no moment that couldn't translate easily into another medium.
Except all of the 26 endings. Keep coping brainlet.

>Maison Forest
>literally just ton of apartment buildings
>maison is french for house
neat, it's a house forest

Post the picture of his hologram projection that shows up in the later chapters

Episodes can do the same thing, and so can books.
Choose your own adventure books have even more endings.

Abloo bloo bloo read a book

>Episodes can do the same thing, and so can books.
>Choose your own adventure books have even more endings.
No they can't.
youtu.be/jO4v_oMJV3A

>buy nier tomato due to Yea Forums hyping it
>play it until the end
>not sure which part is outstanding or worth the praise
It's an OK game and that's OK. Taro seems like a good guy nonetheless.

Books have gotten way more meta than that before, with way crazier ending gimmicks

W101 had everything. Could be a miracle fluke but that game excels at everything but raw graphical fidelity. I love its story, and Wonder Red is my favorite protagonist in fiction

tried the automata demo, didn‘t even finish the 1 hour playtime because the combat sucked

in astral chain I skipped through 90% of the shitty dialogue/cutscenes. gameplay kept me interested but I dropped it really
quick after unlocking lappys
costume

lame dev

It was on ps4.

That's actually literally it, just look at

None of ‘em matter. Game has two actual endings that both result in the same thing, the rest are literally jokes.

The biggest mistake here was Square Enix hiring Platinum to design Nier:A combat.
Platinum's is specialized on solid and challenging combat / gameplay systems and that's what people expected. Given how Squeenix wanted a game with barely serviceable combat intended to serve as a vehicle for lore, atmosphere and narrative they should have hired From Software instead.

Attached: 1568674105603.png (218x324, 122K)

You're just as gay as this guy.

Attached: unknown (2).png (265x42, 14K)

cope
seethe
false flag
etc

stop biting obvious bait from seething SNOYniggers you autistic faggots

Or just don’t have Taro direct, have him write. Then we could get a good Platinum game with a good story instead of another Taro memegame that’s kind of playable.

Your point? You literally can't seperate story from gameplay there, because they intertwine (something the game does all the time). Changing the medium would completely change the experience. NieR Automata doesn't work as a movie, the story perfectly uses many aspects of video games to enhance the experience and sometimes even creates some that can only be conveyed through video games.

I just find it funny how everyone thinks they are above shitposters.

>see someone clearly behaving like a retard in the name of nintendo? Must be a sonyfanboy
>see someone clearly behaving like a retard in the name of sony? Must be a sonyfanboy
>see someone clearly behaving like a retard in the name of mustards? Must be a sonyfanboy

Meanwhile the real shitposters just get their enjoyment by behaving like retards and don't feel responsible for anything

Who cares? wait a bit for it and you can just emulate it, not the end of the world. Consider your options before jumping to conclusions.

Attached: Pretty Good.jpg (444x424, 49K)

>two
Good job at proving that you didn't play the game. It has 5 main endings, all of which result in very different outcomes.
>The other 21 don't matter because they're jokes!
Lmfao what kind of logic is that you moron. It doesn't matter what it is, you can only convey it through video games and that's what matters. You would have to entirely change the game to make it into a movie, which means NieR Automata doesn't work as one.

Like what? The main thing that Automata gets thematically from “gameplay” is a completely detached from the actual game and universe. You could stick the credits thing on literally any other game and it would make just as much sense.

The only other thing Automata really has is meandering pointless fetch quests that kind of reinforce the idea that you’re purposeless. That’s really easy to capture in other media though, we have plenty of that.

the story of astral chain is so fucking awful i dropped the game because they keep shoving boring dialogue and cutscenes in your face

>Like what?
Like Ending E
>You could stick the credits thing on literally any other game and it would make just as much sense.
No, no it doesn't. When you fight the "Credits" in Ending E, you are fighting just that. The credits. You're fighting everyone who contributed and wrote the game out. You're fighting the intended ending that they wanted you to have. You're saying "no" as a collective playerbase and helping each other achieve a much better ending in which the characters you grew to like have another shot at life. An ending that the people who worked on the game did not intend you to have. Seriously, go play the game or atleast inform yourself a bit before talking shit, you braindead toddler.

Now that I think of it, there’s only actually one ending. Because it doesn’t matter if 9S says he’s going to leave for space or not.

So there’s only one course of events that matters and no meaningful branching anywhere. Because the rest of the endings are jokes and it literally doesn’t matter that you can kill yourself eating mackeral or whatever, it adds nothing.

>There's only one ending because I'm too retarded to understand the rest
Amazing shitpost

Thats Kamiya for you. Too bad it seems like hes done directing stuff. He was one of the greats.

Attached: 1567334583945.png (750x809, 1017K)

Keep drinking the kool-aid, you pretentious fag. None of this shit is connected in any way to the game’s actual story, it’s a complete non-sequitur, and the generic tinybrain artistic justifications you’ve come up with could be transplanted onto literally any game with basically no changes. It’s just a fakeout credits scene, there’s no difference between it and something like what DKC and Banjo-Kazooie did. Seriously. Through a shmup credits scene onto anything with good ending/bad ending and it would have literally everything you’ve stated, because it’s entirely self-contained.

Lastly, it was cool when they deleted your save and name in NieR because it actually related back to the story. Repeating the same gimmick without justification was just lame.

Automata is one of the best games of the entire generation though.

Even though all the power she gets later in the game obviously ends up going to her head, it's not like she doesn't mean well, she just wants the power to protect people like her brother. In end though, she ends up being even more powerful than her brother, enough power to save the world but at the great cost of personal sacrifice.

Have you even played Nier?

W101 proves you wrong

I just started stage 4 but so far I'd say it's pretty much on the same tier as Automata. It's a decent game but nothing more

I don’t think it even really went to his head. Like he gets power and then he stops being such a little shit, he apologizes for being whiny, and he gets just a little cocky because he thinks he’s caught up to you.

Luka.

>endless debates over which platinum game is the least mediocre on top of console wars even though they're all essentially the same but with slightly different gimmicks
mgr and bayo 1 are the only good platinum games

Attached: 1564011101059.jpg (640x480, 116K)

>bayo 1
>a game that's dead-set on killing you over and over again outside of combat
>good
I'm not an expert on Platinum games as I've only played the two you mentioned, but holy fuck this is killing Bayo for me. Literally, even.

Attached: 1568155765356.jpg (900x1274, 161K)

Someone should draw some Lappy x Buffalo Bell

are you talking about the qtes?

Cucking Alan while wearing the Lappy suit!

Attached: Astral Chained Up.jpg (1240x1754, 360K)

Those and the "run from the camera while it fails to catch-up" sequences. They're so unnecessary it hurts.

Attached: 1568364231431.jpg (1450x2048, 378K)

To the camera, I mean. Whoops.

Yeah those are dog shit but Kamiya is an autist who loves QTEs and can't stop himself from cramming them into things.

Also Space Harrier sections.

Why's he gotta be like this?

>None of this shit is connected in any way to the game’s actual story
You didn't understand the ending, brainlet. But I can't blame you, someone who didn't play the game wouldn't understand a story that can only be told through gameplay.

Did I make the right decision buying Astral Chain over Link's Awakening Remake?
I just gave my dad money to buy it for me while he's out shopping.

Attached: 15243565608.jpg (646x595, 42K)

This is no Rain World. You’re the brainlet who gets suckered in by non-diegetic gimmicks that just spells shit out for you. Your boring pontification is literally what the game tells you. Think for yourself, brainlet.

Underageb& leave and enjoy your video game.

With the amount of time you've spent on Yea Forums today, including the time you spent writing this thread and reading the replies, you probably could have made enough extra spending money from Uber or Lyft or something to actually afford a Switch

I'm 32

I'm reaching the end of thefile 12 missions and I think I understand some complaints about the game

I still love the combat but I'm not sure how you're supposed to deal with certain scenarios if you don't equip anti-elemental status effects abilities, and once you have them the encounter becomes sort of trivial

it should be more balanced, you shouldn't go from "how the fuck am I going to deal with this" to "oh... that was kinda easy" just because you've slightly tweaked your build

I can agree with that. They should’ve done the W101 thing where each Legion was associated with an element and could counter it. They kind of have that with slime and Arm and wind and Beast, but it could’ve gone further.

Attached: why4chan.png (1319x307, 26K)

Fuck the R3 missions

9S didn’t go crazy just because the humans were dead, he went crazy because he realized that everything he’d been taught was a lie, and that the dead humans had been the reason for him losing the woman he loved. It’s him realizing that even with humanity dead for years, androids are stuck in the same loop and role they’ve always been in. They’re stuck being a tool of the humans.

I liked it because it was kindof awful. It made me think of some of the shittier 90s anime. I felt it really fit the setting of anime police

I get the appeal but I still think that for a game as long and linear as AC, having a shit story definitely detracts from it. Especially considering it’s push for the game to be less combat focused and more about playing the role of a cop/detective.

There's really no reason to fret over getting one game now over the other that you could buy later unless you want to be around for the early discussions and avoid spoilers

Word is that Astral Chain was in development before Nier Automata began development. A bunch of ideas were pitched, mostly being fantasy settings, but the one that got accepted was a sci-fi setting. Eventually it morphed into the game we got today

Attached: Combat_Trying_Out_Weapon_Switch.webm (1280x720, 2.33M)

Why is it awful? It’s just an Eva ripoff. I think the only really dumb thing is that Jena is ridiculously terrible at explaining herself. Rest of it makes sense and is fine.

>Kamiya straight said that during Bayo2, Sony and MS told them to fuck off and only Nintendo offered to fund their game.
I'd like to read that, source please

Attached: 1422422308899.jpg (768x2296, 198K)

Nobody even knows about this shit game lmao
Nintendo shouldve made them sexier

I don’t care for Eva

>lmao

Attached: 1554903508253.jpg (392x532, 38K)

It does a pretty good job making you feel like an anime cop before it goes all Deus Ex.

I’ve heard that before, but the problem is that you just know the original source is his twitter.