Is it accurate?

Attached: 1568490434242m.jpg (1024x543, 119K)

the black death defined a decade too

way more than a decade user

Top ten children's games of the decade

I don’t care to look, but 2012, 2014, and 2015 had bigger games come out. The rest seems fairly accurate.

BotW could be 2017 as well. That game was pretty incredible and sold just fine.

Also Skyrim in 2011.

Fun fact: Skyrim and Minecraft came out on the same day.

>minecraft
>not Skyrim

Skyrim has had more influence in the game industry than minecraft.

Delusional

GTA, rocket league, overwatch, pubg and fortnite are games for successful adults. I work as a junior doc at the moment and the only things people play are pubg and clones, gta, FIFA and a few mobas. If you asked if anyone wanted to play Bloodborne or neckbeard adventure 3 everyone wouldn't have a clue.

Attached: bee.jpg (200x247, 8K)

xD
I prefer Skyrim over minecraft too, my dear user, but this statement is idiotic

>hearthstone
>rocket league
In those days I was playing Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls 2, therefore it is literally inarguable that those games defined the year, and to say otherwise is LITERALLY, FUNCTIONALLY, and ASTROLOGICALLY imPOSSIBLE. Relevance is defined by whatever specific games I was playing at the time, not by the opinions of a few autists.

Attached: 1530598988738.gif (500x333, 150K)

>hearthstone
keep dreaming. never met anyone who ever played that shit and never heard anything about it outside of scrolling past threads here.

What has Minecraft influenced? Dragon Quest Builders? Skyrim has led to every western developer making open world meme trash.

No.
The classics will always be revered as classics, no matter the popularity.
Edgar Allan Poe's work was not well known until after his death, yet we use it as a classic example of the period.
The same will be said of all works that will survive. Fortnite, PUBG. and Overwatch already shot themselves in the feet with DRM, as much as any AAA. People will look towards single player experiences as the examples of the time.
Let me ask you this: Do you think Twilight will be regarded as a classic?

Lol no.

>PUBG
>Influence
>While it got completely forgotten for Fortnite in a bunch of months
>BOTW
>No influence
>While it is the best selling ZELDA game ever made, on top of being considered one of the greatest games ever made by the mass media and gets more and more knockoffs recently like Genshin Impact, Gods & Monsters, and Death Stranding

They were already doing this, dear
Only thing Skyrim influenced were endless Skyrim rereleases

>What has Minecraft influenced?
Of ALL the fucking games on that painfully obvious trolling list, THIS is the one you take issue with?
Are you fucking kidding me?

>BOTW
>Impact
What impact? It's the fucking 10th Zelda clone, with special abilities being a fucking smart phone and physics interaction no better than Half Life 2.

>GTA V turned 6 recently
where did the time go

Attached: dork savior.png (317x784, 159K)

Are you retarded? We got a huge boost in open world games after Skyrim's succes where both Western and Japanese dev's wanted to outdo Skyrim or were influence by it.

What has Minecraft on it's resume?

Um, no sweetie. Far Cry was very memorably marketed as "skyrim with guns", they were the only ones of thousands of skyrim vultures to actually put it on the box. The only game to be copied more is Dark Souls 1 or maybe Super Metroid

>What has Minecraft on it's resume?
Is this trolling? Or are there people this fucking delusional on this board? I genuinely can't tell anymore...

>t. hasn't played the game
also
>t. retard who thinks his opinion can change the facts that this game is globally acclaimed by the plebs

top 10 shitty games of the decade

Aka lowest common denominator

You wasted it.

2012 should be csgo
2013 dota 2

So then tell me what Minecraft has done that made Minecraft so influential, user? Instead of dodging the question.

>not one Nintendo game
no

bad list, most of the games mentioned did really nothing just influence a few quick cash grabs

Sure in terms of relevance that's true but why Black Ops 2? Doesn't seem very relevant at all, was there simply nothing else that year?

2015 should be Witcher 3 by that criteria

Nintendo had a shit decade and are only recently coming back into relevance.

It's been 6 years since GTA5?
Holy shit.

>2013 forward is just pictures of actual human shit
I kno this is bait but god damn user. Bit over the top isn't it?

Attached: 1565306403858.png (534x588, 267K)

The crafting-building-survival genre (Terraria, The Forest, Subnautica, Don't Starve, DayZ, Factorio, Starbound, Longest Dark, Raft, Roblox, Rust, Survival-Craft, Ark, fucking Fortnite even draws from it)?
Early access gaming?
The boom of youtube gaming channels (unfortunately)?
Literally even fucking Beth was slobering to have a little piece of that sweet Minecraft audience when they stuffed that innane settlement elements in Fo4.

Fucking Fallout was apping Minecraft. That is how much of an impact that fucking game had. It's literally the most influential game of the last decade, for better and worse.

swap 2010, I don't know to what, be it Black Ops or Amnesia, anything is better than RDR

Is we're going by how "defining" the games are, you need to replace 2015's Rocket League with Undertale.

>2015
>fucking rocket league instead of undertale
This is poor bait user, come on you can do better

Attached: lol 5.png (418x522, 318K)

actually commit suicide you autistic zoomer freak

>2010
>Red Dead Redemption
I fucking never even heard anyone talk about this game back then. It was just a nice GTA clone.
Meanwhile the same year
>Mass Effect 2
>Stalker Call of Pripyat
>Bioshock 2
>Assasin's Creed 2
>Final Fantasy 13
>Super Mario Galaxy 2
>Street Fighter 4
>Metro 2033
>God of War 3
>Monster Hunter Tri
>Limbo
>Halo Reach
>Starcraft 2
>Metroid Other M
>Pokemon B&W
>Fallout New Vegas
>WoW Cataclysm

Why is every year not a minecraft year?

Um, no cariño.

You're a fucking moron if you think any game in 2015 impacted gaming more than Undertale. It's objective fact whether you like the game or not.

You think influence has to do with just how it effects the video games sphere? Minecraft was essentially the Pokemon of this last decade.

>SC2
Shit yeah, if anything it should be that. Singlehandedly created modern esports

honestly I'd say botw over pubg. Pubg came and went real fast, it just happened to be the only BR that people looked in the direction of until fortnite came along.

A furry made a better game than any you can possibly name. How does that feel seethanon?

GTA V and Fornite are core children games right now,Minecraft is uncool to kids is more like a teen thing now

also considering it was suppoed to have a release back in 2014 or 15 or some shit.

>overwatch
>innovation

Attached: cat.png (173x201, 4K)

I dont really think rocket league or overwatch made a big lasting impact tho. Rocket league has a niche lasting fanbase and overwatch is dead/dying

Bloodborne came out in 2015 and they're still making board games and expansions and shit. They just released the soundtrack on vinyl like a couple weeks ago. Meanwhile Rocket League got CHINKED

Sounds likes they have shit taste at whatever the fuck a junior doc is, you probably molest kids there anyways tbqh

>GTA
>not a child's game
let me guess you also think that Halo and CoD's primary audiences aren't kids

>I dont really think rocket league or overwatch made a big lasting impact tho.
This, Rocket League still has a dedicated audience while OW is dying and the hero shooter fad it started died in less than a year while battle royale is still going strong today. I think Fortnite deserves it's spot for pushing crossplay alone.

Attached: 1539024624941.gif (303x333, 2.57M)

>games for the greatest common denominator appeals to children and normies
it’s not that hard, user

Creating an entire genre is pretty innovative

all that casual mp shit

>Overwatch
lmfao

Attached: 300px-Soldier_taunt_laugh.png (300x424, 123K)

High IQ post and underrated

Overwatch is an over-marketed TF2 rip-off

Attached: wx72ghylva411.jpg (650x654, 36K)

????????

Attached: file.png (600x339, 392K)

That's a hot opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that Overwatch created the hero shooter genre.

TF2 when not playing retarded custom made maps is an even worse game than overwatch

>hero shooter genre
you mean a class-based shooter with Pixar graphics
which is what TF2 did first

>make a class based multiplayer shooter
>call them heroes
>new genre
>make an open world game focusing on liberating strongholds ala far cry
>call it a strand game
>new genre

Attached: stopyou.jpg (1024x988, 58K)

>shields.webm

>Based on popularity, lifespan, influence, relevance, innovation
>Rocket meme instead of Undertale

Attached: 7ed42820271eca3913a.jpg (348x342, 21K)

Dudebro list.
Also, who the fuck cares/cared about Rocket League?

>What impact?
It's the new standard by which open world games are judged, user. Whether it should be is debatable, but it is.

>Undertale
>i mean it was good but there had to be something that came out in 2015 that was better
>...

Jesus christ, I forgot how fucking awful 2015 was for vidya.

Attached: hannibal.jpg (540x519, 27K)

>It's the fucking 10th Zelda clone
You misread the memo, you're supposed to shit on the game because it's not the 10th Zelda clone and it ruined the series! Then if a new OoT clone does pop up we'll shitpost that to hell and back too, obviously

>Black Ops 2 for 2012
Holy fuck was 2012 that bad for gaming?

Attached: 1541871551276.jpg (184x184, 13K)

None of these games even come close, not even in the same fucking galaxy, to how popular, innovative, influential, and relevant Minecraft was. It's a fucking beast in all those departments compared to all the pretenders on that piece of shit list. IMO there's better games but with all those elements in place there literally isn't a single better pick for Game of the Decade.

Attached: un-fuckin-believable.jpg (800x1068, 95K)

>lifespan, influence, popularity, relevance
so no "quality"
>innovation
how do you measure innovation

By how much other developers ripped it off after its release.

that's influence not innovation

Yes, I agree, those are the normie GOTYs.

>based on innovation
>red dead redememption
>black ops 2
>GTA V
>overwatch
>battlegrounds
>fornite
lol okay pretty good bait

Minecraft came out in 2009. I remember because I was told my brother about it and he played it while I was playing League of Legends.

>literally every game is shit
it sucks that the zoom zoom species is convinced that old = bad, because whenever I see a list like this, it only reminds me of how much better things used to be. I do wonder, if I showed a Y2K baby a copy of Timesplitters 2, would they be able to derive enjoyment from it? or, would there be an insufficient amount of cuckoldry and lootboxes to stimulate their brain? one must ponder...

>hates old=bad attitude
>has new=bad attitude

not every country grew up sucking nintendos tits. Some grew up with Sega and some with DOS
they probably never understood the popularity of mario or zelda

>defined the decade
The only game that can hold that title is League Of Legends.

You mean what tf had done before it?

>if I showed a Y2K baby a copy of Timesplitters 2, would they be able to derive enjoyment from it?
The game controlled like ass and hasnt been ported to PC yet so no.

So, most GOTYs are shit?

I remember playing the 1.7 beta even before the official release on that website that you played the game in for free, it was definitely here before '11

Does RDR really belong on that list? That's not generation-defining by any metric. Minecraft, GTAV, Overwatch and Fortnite have definitely earned their places, not 100% sure about the others but RDR is the one that I'm most skeptical about.

2014 had smash brothers I guess, and 2015 had the Witcher

Literally the ONLY one that belongs there is Minecraft, the rest is fucking laughable. That is the point, by the way. It's a fucking bait.

>Halo
>kids
No, kids these days think halo is dead. Vast majority of halos primary audience these days is a max of late millenials and very early zoomers.

Not a single game copied Super Metroid. They copied the original Metroid game. Super did not innovate jackshit.

Most indie games actually copy SotN because of the JRPG elements

Accurate except for the blizzard games, HS amd OW couldnt even last a awhole year without going to shit amd being ignored for othe rgames

Fucking blizzard

>implying half of Halo's audience weren't kids

Attached: 81vyuqyFwUL._SX425_.jpg (425x301, 35K)

I wish we would still have GOTYs like pic related.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (266x254, 23K)

2011: Skyrim
2019: Minecraft

NOW do you people understand that game of the year or Oscars or any other fucking award arguments are stupid by their very mature?

But also consider how it started the BR "craze". Fortnite would not exist if it wasnt originally so successful.

2016 is easily pokemon go

Op here, there was nothing else that year. To be honest the only ones I think actually defined anything are Minecraft and pubg/Fortnite

>not Skyrim

video games are dead

2014 is FNAF prove me wrong.

>based on popularity
Stopped reading right and instantly started writing this reply.
Have fun kids.

Attached: 1550086582383.jpg (650x429, 60K)