What was Obsidian thinking? Is this the most unappealing setting ever in a game?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfbf_6WNr0c&t= What was Obsidian thinking? Is this the most unappealing setting ever in a game?

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0M6gV17pfHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unironically looks like it was devd by trannies

>5:07
This looks horrible

this shit looks absurdly bad.

Attached: eyes.jpg (252x221, 8K)

>b-but muh graphiks

I was talking about the combat

It looks like a mix of Borderlands and Bioshock Infinite in terms of artstyle. Pass.

This shit looks soulless

I dont really give a shit about this game but its literally just a more polished New Vegas so why isnt Yea Forums creaming themselves over this game?

the successful linking between this game and mainstream culture

>its literally just a more polished New Vegas
It's not.

No! Do NOT give ME Outer Worlds anons BECAUSE it does NOT have wifes anons SO it IS bad anons AND it IS poop anons BECAUSE it does NOT have wifes! (Does not! Does not!)

Attached: Brianna.jpg (432x576, 34K)

what

I'll still pirate it

Nu/v/ user. Peo0le who like fallout nv are still going to get this unless they seriously fuck up the game somehow.

because it's Yea Forums...check back about 1 week after the game is out and you'll see comfy threads about how fun it is despite it's flaws. Seen this shit 1000 times

Yes it is are you fucking blind? Obviously Obsidian has copied over all the base systems from nv

we don't play games...

Attached: 1567611777777.jpg (295x414, 14K)

>companions are two black women, one with a dyed red afro
Yeah, this already looks like SJW garbage.

Gonna be a hard pass from me.

No. I'm not blind. And i'm also not a falsflaging faggot like you.

What! Obsidian DID say Outer Worlds does NOT have romances user SO it does NOT have wifes user! (Does not! Does not!)

Boy have I got news for you.

Literally, LITERALLY 80% of the NPCs I’ve seen so far from various gameplay clips are all brown trannies with the same ugly dyke haircut. I guarantee you that most of the manpower in this game went into making sure that each NPC is “culturally diverse” and not into making interesting quests and memorable level design

Attached: C03A1CA8-D428-4A9C-89B3-815753AC701A.jpg (600x600, 64K)

what

a game goes beyond its... "base systems".

Anyway. The writing is fucking atrocious and it actually looks like it's using Prey engine for some reasons.
I was kinda excited for this game but now I'm just disappointed.

What!

Yep.

Video games are dead dude.

you flying faggot are always around

Fuck off autist caps lock waifuposter, I’ve seen you in too many threads

New Vegas is my favorite game and I still think this looks bad. All the dialogue shown has been awful.

you know what game this footage reminds me of? that janky ass unpolished piece of turd We The Happy Few.

thank god this is on gamepass.

if you're just using gameplay as a comparison you're missing the point. Even then, it doesn't look more polished. It has the same shitty gameplay.

No!

>still doing the OBLIVION dialogue
>world is cluttered as fuck, and somehow still feel claustrophobic
>grown men acting like children
>grown women acting like even shittier children who think they are funny
>that fucking dialogue
>that voice acting (except for Elijah)
>playing that low-as-fuck mouse sensitivity
>also has a smidgen of mouse-acceleration
>controls are permanently shown on-screen
>you know that one zany character you can sometime meet in every good rpg games?
>enjoy playing a game populated entirely by them!
>holy shit that combat

Attached: 1506560273517.png (268x325, 87K)

he's that veronica fag guy

>poc women with dyed hair and dyke haircuts
>poorly written dialogue
>villian of the quest is the only white male on the planet
no thanks, i'll probably skip this game honestly

>that sprinting animation
>that gameplay interspersed with EPIC GAMER MOMENT ZOOM IN ABILITIES
>that AI
Jesus christ, this looks so bad. If Tim didn't buy this for me as a gift I wouldn't even bother playing it.

Attached: cringecat5.jpg (480x360, 51K)

No! Veronica IS lesbian user AND I am male SO I do NOT wife Veronica user BUT I DO wife Red Lucy user! (I do! I do!)

Attached: Red Lucy.jpg (800x571, 140K)

Looks good

what

>hey guys what if we made a pulp sci-fi game
>but with half-assed yet sadly genuine attempts at gritty realism

Yes!

It really doesn’t.
The way you post kind of scares me

Yea Forums started shitting on it when it was revealed to be an epic store game.

Attached: 1544253811696.jpg (1080x1350, 110K)

I think I somewhat hate you.
Thing is I was really liking pathfinder but it made my pc go to BSOD and since then I've been too afraid to launch it again so everytime I see your faggotry I get mad for the wrong reason.

I am looking forward to this game

I know nothing about it, but looks like borderlands so whats the problemo?

wait, outer worlds is an epic exclusive?

even more reason to hate it then.

Epic is your friend, user...come join us..

>looks like borderlands
people like you seriously make me question whether i want to make vidya

No it isn't.

Attached: e857de5ba5c73b29e0705410c6af289a1cb97274df47fcdc3bfad06ccf04f8ae.jpg (640x640, 87K)

>Oblivion with a Borderlands skin
Oblivion’s my favorite elder scrolls game, but the aesthetic and combat looks like absolute uninspired garbage

On paper this should be a game I’m excited for. I loved NV and like these kind of rpgs. Everything they’ve shown of it so far looks like shot though. I hate the art direction. It looks like someone mixed the most garish elements of Buck Rodgers and Futurama. The textures and models look a decade old. The character designs are unappealing and half the NPCs look like same. The companion characters are generic and boring looking. Combat is clunky and boring. The writing is cringy. This game looks like it needs another couple years before it’s ready. This game went from being a day one buy to a possible pirate if I run out of backlog games. This thing is going to be a mess.

>but the aesthetic and combat looks like absolute uninspired garbage
So its just like Oblivion.

There are games with bullshots and downgrade at release, and then there is Outer Worlds that looks shitty in all footage

>This game went from being a day one buy
For what ever fucking reason would you have considered it a day one buy?

They've literally said in an interview the game isn't as big or ambitious as new vegas.

The ugly character designs and loud as fuck companions ruin it for me.

So we should all just go play oblivion

>big or ambitious as new vegas
What the fuck lmao.

>fallout 76-2

looks so shit lol

Obsidian is shit and people are finally realizing it

Post new vegas obsidian isnt the same studio
you should give zero shit about what they say or produce

Woah look at all that diversity.

Attached: that's enough I'm out.webm (314x298, 212K)

Looks like fallout new vegas but with a less milked aesthetic

Day 1 play

Attached: 1567636063683.jpg (507x443, 25K)

Why does every new Sci-fi game have this same shitty aesthetic?

Attached: homepage-features-explore-768x432.jpg (768x432, 85K)

Because retro aesthetics are cooler than realistic space shit

>intentionally making your game look like it was made in Bethesda's shitty, janky Fallout engine that was already shit a decade ago
Mistakes were made.

looks really good but gonna pirate it until its out on steam or gog

Looks like New Vegas 2 to me

It looks like new vegas if it were made in 2019 by a bunch of unfuckable man haters with iridescent hair

Attached: 1533331335467.jpg (720x833, 27K)

that weapon bob is he worst I have ever seen. Imagine watching this for dozens of hours, I rather not

>Literally just another way to say "Borderlands"

The HUD makes me think of Bioshock Infinite

Attached: bender.png (549x722, 81K)

really not a fan of the cartoon art deco scifi aesthetic that is semi goofy and quirky, not only is it extremely overdone, it's just frankly not very compelling. Oh look another space game that is self aware and satirises consumerism and capitalism. It's just Futurama, Borderlands, Bioshock, Prey, No Mans Sky, Dishonored, etc.

though the addition of cowboy/western stuff is interesting, but uncomfortably reminiscent of fnv. Obsidian should have done something new and unique so it could more easily stand out.

Attached: 1568274869245.jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

durr hurr hurr durr all game have glitch, but honestly, how hard is it to make the projectile path match the weapons? I see this in too many modern games.

Attached: anglefire.png (862x562, 1.09M)

>how hard is it to make the projectile path match the weapons?
depends how bad of a choice your owners made with the engine and whether the coding team is shitty enough to not be able to fix it

Why are all the characters mutts or black?

>most unappealing setting ever in a game?
Nah, thats Borderlands, Halo, or Gears
Never understood why people like that dull shit. Maybe all the energy drinks affects their brains.

You know, looking through all the footage of this game, I don't think you can holster your guns in it.
I know it's a small thing in context, but for some reason that's really bothering me.

This looks like Borderlands tho.

Because this is your future

I'll take the five-finger discount thanks to Tim, for Cain & Boyarsky's sake because I trust them, but the game does not look good.

Its americans in space

>Obsidian invades their safespace and rectally ruins incels with in-game NPCs.
The absolute state of /vpol/.

Attached: 1565656963802.png (525x525, 230K)

I fucking hate what Yea Forums has turned into. Shit is pathetic.

No tpp

>approaches NPC
>camera zooms in
>voice expresses tension while MPC gives you the Oblivion stare
Yeah, Epic can keep this.

Incels wont be able to mod in their anime waifus.

Wow this looks like shit

If this was Bioware you'd be shitting all over it

Were you guys expecting something other than quirky Rick an Morty shit or something? Seemed obvious that was what it would be since the first screenshots of it; it was probably conceived at the height of that show's popularity.

>stronk brown womyn as party memebers
>badass
>that sudden change to shriek and pathetic "get it off GET IT OFF" as they are raped by monster dicks

Incompetent SJWs or hidden fetishists?

>Yea Forums has become a bizarro tumblr.

Attached: 1568965976183.png (134x178, 94K)

1.Hype is the mind killer
2.Old Obsidian is dead

See.Fucking TRIGGERED!

Pretending we are angry will not sell your game.

More like ruins its own game.

based

It feels like they wanted some sort of retrofuturistic sci-fi setting a-la cheap flicks from the fifties but didn't even went halfway into it. So you have godawful architecture that only vaguely resembles some form of futuristic Wild West, absolutely sterile environments both when it comes to interiors and outdoor areas, hilariously ugly NPCs that look like they came out of a wild imagination of some bulldyke and blandest weapon designs possible.

Attached: 1542987022775.jpg (171x158, 5K)

This game is what happens when you let a bunch of cucked autistic faggots without any taste beyond endlessly regurgitated pop culture trash go wild: something bland and ugly.

Hidden fetishists. These people get off to their victim complexes.

>empty as fuck town
>cue stock crowd noises

Attached: 36636.jpg (410x452, 23K)

>jank
>lifeless NPCs
>ugly lighting and flat, muddy textures
Bethesda, is that you?

really really uninspired.
looks like a 7/10 game from 2008 teleported to today.
no way this will compete with doom 5, AOKDE, control, or the half dozen other good looking games coming out in NOV

Attached: 1566857970688.gif (806x720, 1.1M)

>grown men acting like children
>grown women acting like even shittier children who think they are funny
Why can't people write actual adult characters any more? it's all manchildren

pillars of eternity has great writing and story and characters
but its only for PC.
if you are using a console that is only for children, you will get only child tier games.

doesn't that have gay fish?

>females are short-haired, ugly and have the voice of 50-year old smoker
DISSAPOINT

What! Pillars of Eternity IS good user BUT Deadfire IS poop user BECAUSE Deadfire DID have BAD wifes user AND Deadfire BAD wifes DID leave you IN ending user SO Deadfire IS poop user BECAUSE wife anons do NOT play wife games TO have wifes leave IN ending user SO Deadfire IS poop user! (It is! It is!)

Attached: Xoti.jpg (210x330, 59K)

Attached: 1562541500011.jpg (500x494, 59K)

What! I am NOT gay BUT gay IS okay user BUT wifes that are NOT loyal is NOT okay user SO Deadfire IS poop user AND Obsidian IS poop user BECAUSE Obsidian DOES have poop fetish FOR unfaithful wifes AND I do NOT have poop fetish FOR unfaithful wifes SO I will NOT play Obsidian games user UNTIL they DO have BETTER wifes user! (Will not! Will not!)

Attached: Ydwin.jpg (210x330, 26K)

underrated post

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

What part of it being developed by literal trannies and being aimed at the Rick & Morty audience you don't understand?

Doovde?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (424x306, 157K)

I do NOT discriminate wife customer BUT Obsidian DOES have STRONG poop fetish FOR unfaithful wifes user! Here IS other poop unfaithful wife FROM Deadfire user BECAUSE Xoti IS poop wife that DOES leave you IN ending user AND Maia IS poop wife that DOES leave you IN ending user AND Ydwin is NOT wife BECAUSE Obsidian IS poop user AND the ONLY wife that does NOT leave you IN ending IS male wife user SO Obsidian DOES want poop unfaithful female wifes user AND I do NOT want poop unfaithful female wifes user AND I CANNOT have faithful male wife user BECAUSE I am NOT gay BUT gay IS okay user BUT I am male!

Attached: Maia.jpg (210x330, 24K)

>pillars of eternity has great writing and story and characters
I was hyped as fuck for PoE and couldn't stomach it for more than few hours.
And BG2 was favorite game of my teen years

Attached: hahah.jpg (653x348, 115K)

People on Yea Forums really need to stop blindly hating on every single fucking video game and shut the fuck up

No!

Stop posting like that you autistic fuckwit.

No!

t.

Attached: angrynpc.jpg (220x229, 6K)

Blindly consuming and overly praising a product is not anybetter.

Yea Forums gets brigaded by Discord and Reddit tranny nig loving fuckwits from time to time. Then they get drunk on freedom and never leave.

You really are here forever.

Attached: 1BEDA886-E02B-4E35-AE2F-978422E74723.png (600x458, 30K)

Ironic.

When did we start talking about Borderlands

>No wives.
Unacceptable.

Attached: Do it then.gif (500x300, 822K)

>obsidian managed to make unreal engine 4 look and play like a bethesda gamebryo game
How did they do it lads?

>nyoka
How do you pronounce that?

Very cute, cat.

Attached: Cat (267).jpg (500x667, 42K)

Gay

like gnocchi but with an 'a' instead of an 'i'

>that one twitter autist spamming the thread
So THIS... is the audience for Outer Worlds...

Attached: 1494973602605.jpg (425x425, 109K)

>here's criticism, game looks bad, unpolished etc. etc. etc.
>STOP THIS HATESPEECH

>Is this the most unappealing setting ever in a game?
This is exactly the way I feel about the game. The setting is so unappealing, so repulsing that I just have not even a single ounce of interest in the game. I won't even buy it when it becomes a 5 buck bargain bin game simply because of how absolutely unappealing it comes off as.

Americans need to stop making videogames holy shit.

>Don't ask questions, just consume products and move on
Yikes. Drone mentality.

EGS exclusive = confirmed to be shit.

Also, how did they port Gamebryo bugs over into Unreal Engine?

Attached: 35693569.jpg (488x521, 30K)

>oblivion the worst game in the entire franchise.
>my favorite.
god damn you have shit taste.

dyke haircuts are a dev trick to save time on animations, physics, and to negate any instances of clipping.

Why?
Because he reuses to get hyped when told so?
Because instead of preparing the money when shown the preorder price he ridiculed you?
Does not sound like programmed personality.

Is there a worse place on the planet than these speed running conventions?
Everyone is a fucking tranny or incel bottom of the barrel loser.
Id rarther be in a warzone.

Yea Forums, what sot of person thinks this way?

>Not a single white man to be seen

Attached: 1567459868344.png (506x477, 211K)

Because "he" is programmed to hate.

These posters are starting to grow on me.

That's deep, m8

Pirate the game

Attached: 1560105909738.png (1412x814, 1.39M)

Good question, actually. It does look like a Gamebryo game.

can somebody explain to why obsidian would spend years building a near perfect replica, from the consumer point of view, of creation engine/gamebyro? It just makes no sense to me, everyone hates that shit.

I like the skeleton of the game, since it just looks like New Vegas, but the town is featured is really unappealing. It's a very generic looking "run down sci fi town" and I'm curious to see if there's anything that distinguishes it from other settlements in the game.

I'm actually on board for a more linear game like this. Where instead of having open world sandbox you roam around, you basically travel between "levels" that are their own smaller sandboxes that you can poke around in. Like the first Witcher game, I guess, where there is linear progression between chapters and areas, but the areas are still substantial enough to sink your teeth into if you want to engage with optional content.

I'm really hoping those jarring slow-mo moments that look like VATS aren't super prevalent, but I'm guessing that they're on a cooldown, those four abilities in the bottom left of the screen. It's kind of weird to have ally cutscene attacks on a cooldown when I'd just prefer something like Republic Commando's contextual cover/tool usage.

Attached: 1558796263181.gif (500x283, 1.54M)

Well yeah, it takes place in the future after all.

Don’t give a single fuck as to how it looks/plays. The only thing I care about are the rpg systems, and thus far it’s looking much better than New Vegas in that regard. Plenty of quest choices too, which means this is a day 1 play for me.

That gun sway when sprinting doesn't match the actual speed of movement and it's throwing me off.

my bet is that they are trying to cash-in on nostalgia just like with PoE

If some autist modding Skyrim in their spare time can come up with decent hair animations why can’t an actual game studio.
Sure it’s not perfect, but I rather notice the odd clipping than zoomer haircuts.

How the fuck does this actually look worse than Greedfall? How the fuck do some noname devs who haven't even really made a decent game before this actually do better than fucking Obsidian?

They didn't zoom the FOV when you sprint

No Tod I won't buy this game!

Don't forget that GreedFall's budget was just 6 million dollars and it was made by 30 people.

What! Greedfall DOES have wifes user SO it IS better THAN Outer Worlds user! (It is! It is!)

Attached: Biggest Siora.jpg (1600x900, 121K)

I backed Pillars of Eternity Deadfire and it had FUCKING DRAGON AGE 2 LEVELS OF WRITING, MAYBE WORSE
I'm avoiding anything nuObsidian

Alert and carefulness are the signs of at least basic wisdom.
Hype and tolerance are signs of infancy.

Josh S o yer is based but from what I understand New Vegas was a result of him wrestling with lots of team members who had radically different ideas of what the game should be like (e.g. the wild wasteland perk was a compromise on the style/tone of the game's humor)

This looks like a game where everyone on the team is on the same page, and it's the wrong one

*throws coin to the hat*

This is a scripted dialog in Dying Light.

youtube.com/watch?v=0M6gV17pfHw

Don't worry, unscripted cutscenes are still beter.

Attached: Sans titre 2.jpg (932x532, 125K)

Passion FOR wife IS better THAN money user! Spiders AND mommy Jehanne DO have passion FOR wifes AND Owlcat DOES have passion FOR wifes user AND Obsidian SHOULD have BETTER passion FOR loyal wifes AND Obsidian SHOULD stop passion FOR unfaithful wifes AND no wifes user! (They should! They should!)

Attached: Mommy Jehanne.jpg (900x1200, 202K)

>was made by 30 people
I had no idea the team was that small. The lack of polish in certain areas makes more sense now.

>I backed

Attached: 321.jpg (128x128, 12K)

The setting does nothing to me
Its generic sci-fi, there is no theme going on

Why are steamies mentally ill ? Just take a look at these posts

Spiders has always been a tiny studio. Their previous budgets and teams were even smaller.

Well since Greedfall seems to have sold decently enough for an AA studio, then their next game might have a decent budget at last
And they will finally hire a mo-cap house

>free themselves from Beth limitations
>new game is a carbon copy of Bethesda "RPG"

Old Obsidian is dead

Attached: 1514504924782.png (1068x1009, 1.25M)

Can't say that sold me on it.

Music sounds good

Exactly had the same thought.
There almost nothing as creatively bankrupt than nuFallouts.

Remember when people said New Vegas was only janky because of Bethesda?

I don't care how bad or shitty the game is. I'm getting it for $1 thanks to microshaft's xbox sub.

Attached: 1566227041932.jpg (680x495, 35K)

>>grown men acting like children
>>grown women acting like even shittier children who think they are funny

Like in real life.

>pillars of eternity has great writing and story and characters

That's just not true, though. They've got a clear retro-futuristic frontier theme running.

It's epic and windows store
This will be the game that will make people finally use the windows store

Try it with turn based mode. Its 10 times better.

Even better
>Obsidian game
>no modding capability
what were they thinking

Looking like ugly nigger trannies aside, your companions seem very boring and obnoxious

Outer worlds does look like shit. But then again how many games looked great that turned out a pure trash. The premise is compelling, and while deeply flawed Obsidian games still delivered in some way or the other (for me personally at least).
As for wives enthusiasts, OW DOES have potential for a cute wives.

Well, I think it looks good.

NV was held down by being built on the shit heap that was Fallout 3.
Instead of creating proper fundamentals, they just copied Beth which is bad

The call that saved the East

>sterile environment but still somehow cluttered with garbage like someone scattered around a trashcan in a laboratory
>that ground lighting
>shitty unreal engine tier assets
>constantly talking obnoxious woman
>all characters look either like ugly dykes or background generic Bioware characters
>that dialogue
>that fucking running animation
>nigger with dyed hair
>that UI
>Bethesda game camera zoom on dialogue

>dialogue options
>yes oh yes please cum in my ass daddy yes
>FUCK YOU, DOUCHE, YOU BELONG TO ME!
>maybe some other time (leave)

>those VAs

I knew Obsidian had become shit but I didn't think it was this bad. Get pozzed, die of AIDs, I guess.

Attached: 1568761404475.png (680x687, 638K)

No it isn't. Fuck off shill.

You are part of the cancer that killed rpgs.

Don't insult Bethesda like that. Despite their numerous, possibly uncountable fuckups, Bethesda games still manage not to look like they're a russian jank asset-flip game uploaded to steam greenlight.
The only thing I saw remotely appealing was the facial animations, and even that was soured by the weird snappy lip-syncing that looked off.

>It's just New Vegas even though pretty much every dev who worked on NV is gone from the company save Sawyer!
>B-But they have Boyarsky and Cain, who cares about the fact the rest of the company is pure fucking trash they'll still make a good game!
You retards seem to have not realise after New Vegas pretty much everyone left, and those the remained left over time after like Avellone, Fenstermaker or Gonzalez, and Sawyer is just making shitty companions like Pallegina and obsessed with his no fun allowed balance autism.

you should get a wifey. you'd be less angry and frowny.

Kill yourself

>don't like it? Don't buy it.
That worked well for DICE now didn't it? I guess the obshitian shills aren't trying as hard since Tim is willing to pay for everyone's copy anyway.

Attached: 1559222268686.jpg (986x681, 120K)

The only good things I've heard for this game are no romances and it's hub based. Even then though I get the feeling it'll be hubs like dragon age inquisition which were terrible. Similar thing with Cyberpunk where the map is supposedly a bit smaller then witcher 3's. Nothing else about either of these games sound good.
And become like that mentally challenged faggot who unironically shills 2077 because he can romance ugly mutts in it? No thanks.

>And become like that mentally challenged faggot who unironically shills 2077 because he can romance ugly mutts in it? No thanks.
Honestly better than a mentally challenged faggot who shit on games because he can't romance pure Aryan waifus in them

I honestly don't care about how ugly the characters are, how shitty the gunplay is or how the game looks like it was made on gamebryo even if it's using unreal.
I can pass all of that since Obsidian was never good in the technical stuff.
But god damn, the fucking dialogue and that "look how quirky I am lol" attitude most characters have is pushing me back.
I'll try it with Game Pass I guess.

Attached: 1510612543989.png (400x400, 236K)

>Despite their numerous, possibly uncountable fuckups, Bethesda games still manage not to look like they're a russian jank asset-flip game uploaded to steam greenlight
are you sure bud

Attached: 102833534.jpg (640x400, 30K)

The "quirky" dialogue combined with the dead character faces and jerky animation is some next level uncanny valley.

>ad hominem
Typical response from a tranny.

I gave up any hope I had for the game when I saw a character who would unironically say *winks* in dialogue all the fucking time.

I just literally said what you said and then you called me a tranny