Apparently the ps5 will release along side the ps5 pro

Base ps5 will be slightly stronger xbonex with zen 2 CPU and ps5 pro will be around Xbox Scarlett. Some are also saying there will be a third sku to have to have the absolute power.

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-233457_Twitter.jpg (1080x1491, 467K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zKu1Y-LlfNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>MUH GRAPHICS

how would that be confusing? Xbox 360 had two models at launch.

I actuly think this is ingenious, Sony is definitely looking up to Apple on this one. I say they should start into making themselves more distinct from the rest and work to make Thier own ecco system just like apple.

...well that's fucking retarded.

Bullshit, they'll give xbox the upper hand down the line if they do this. Sony must be dumb if this rumor is true.

Two skus but one of them will be less powerful than other in terms of CPU ram and GPU. 360 was just storage size difference.

>confusing to customers
Gosh darn It I payed more for the more powerful console
Can't wait for the complaints to roll in

Open your wallet pussy. Then two years later get ready for the ps5 premium with even better hardware and new form factor.

why is it called pro though? professional? i thought professional means doing something for monetary gain hence why we have pro gamers who play to get paid and casuals. wtf does pro mean in ps5 pro

>california
>censored games
ps5 is for cucks

You underestimate how retarded the average casual consumer can be.

How? Xbox will be squeezed by two ps5s one stronger and the other more powerful.

Produce

>decide to spend $150 more to buy the PRO just so i won't get shafted with the base ps4 like last gen
>full of confidence that now i am set for the entire gen, sure that i will be able to experience all of sony's masterpieces at their full potential
>2 to 2.5 years later microsoft decides to release the XBOX SCARLET X
>its hardware shits on the ps5 pro due to decreased costs of parts compared to 2 years ago
>Sony now has to catch up cause the gen is still young unlike what happened with 4pro vs X
>makes PS5 Even More Pro
>i am now repeating my ps4 gen mistake, sony has successfully managed to fuck me over AGAIN

Nah i will just wait to buy the real pro in 2 years bro, thanks.

>buying a console at launch

>ps5 pro SLIM
>ps5 pro X
>ps5 ALL-DIGITAL

Imagen a mom asking the clerk which CPU powers she needs for her son.

This is fucking stupid and confusing and devs will just make games with the weak ass base model. Good luck with that.

So when is Pro^2 coming out?

Ask yourself the same question because it's the exact same reason Microsoft got rid of the Lockhart.

It's retarded see and

All I'm hearing is that the PS5 is underpowered at launch lmao. Fucking consoles, I swear

So this confirms that the base PS5 will be using Navi 10 Lite, a sub-RX 5700 tier GPU that may end up being weaker than an RX Vega 56, which would put it below Google Stadia.

have any of you left the house recently, you aren’t special for knowing that some numbers are bigger than other numbers
people have no problem deciding between different phones, ipads whatever

Sony IS dumb lately, but we still don't know if this rumor is true

I'm so glad that Nioh 2 isn't next gen, this PS5 shit sounds fucking terrible.

iPhone does it

What is the fucking POINT
WHY SPLINTER AT PLATFORM LAUNCH???
Pros:
All games are optimized at launch for stronger power.
Cons: Divides the userbase. Years later you'll wish you could launch an upgrade when it makes more sense. Confuses consumers. Expensive with little benefit as most say "I'll just get the base model its still a big upgrade for me". Tons more R&D, less time developing GAMES.

WOW
They better not fucking do something so stupid.
I could understand something like a modest 100 dollar "pro" model that simply has more storage, maybe extra ports, and a few bonus features. But for fucks sake having a splintered SKU by power at LAUNCH?
They can't be that stupid

>HAHAHA poor basefags enjoying their load times and shitty graphics

>Lol graphics it's fucking cod man grow up

Sony are genius start a healthy console war where they are both sides.

We get almost every 1 year new GPUs/phones etc. You will never be on the line without updating like a mindless drone.

>wanting the next moderately powerful DRM PC by snoy

Attached: 1568364505532.png (2604x2160, 595K)

>They better not fucking do something so stupid.

Inb4 base PS5 has only bc with base PS4 versions of games and you need PS5 Pro for bc with PS4 Pro upgrades

This is it
This right here is it fellas, we cracked the code of the kike

Attached: f771308f7f819520fbdf451cf47b466d.jpg (236x263, 9K)

Maybe this is a dumb question but won’t this create some kind of unfair advantage in competitive multiplayer games?

No more than PS4 standard and PS4 Pro do.

Console players already crossplay with PC players in fist person shooters, user. Forget about trying to maintain "fairness" anymore.

This would be absolutely retarded. There is a reason Microsoft dropped their xbox streaming console that they were going to launch with Scarlett. Shit like this confuses customers.

Inb4 it was Microsoft's bait & switch for Sony

>graphics arent important lawl its all about the gameplay
>man the game looks like shit I cant even see what I'm doing

If Apple can do it, Sony can do it as well.

I would guess it gimps the Pro version of games. For e.g. they can only design a stage so detailed/vast that it'll run 30 frames on the base so that's their limit even though the Pro could easily handle more detail/features/size.

>$300 Console that plays everything
>$600 Console that plays everything but with shinier graphics
How is this confusing?

Devs will make games for the weaker console.

I don’t think people will have a hard time understanding the differences especially with a significant price difference, what I do think people will be confused about is why the pro exists. Right off the bat you have consumers feeling like they got the lesser console this is just gonna scare off day 1 buyers

>PS5 Poor
>PS5 Elite

People buy entry level/mid range phones and cars all the time.

what gaems?

>spawnwave
>caring about GUYS I HATE GAMESTOP TOO HAHA! LOOK AT *insert 47382992928747662288289th I bought X at GameStop and this is what I got video that pops up in the recomendations tab* FUCK GAMESTOP AMIRITE!?

Attached: A62C89B3556446F39680A4836603E33D.png (388x413, 5K)

that would actually be a very smart thing to do. put one version at $499 with something like rtx 2070 and other at $799 with rtx 2080, better cooling and higher CPU clocks. would be nice if stronger version had 2TB SSD but that's not realistic.

Why does it feel like they're just releasing a new generation because it's "time" to do that?
I'm still perfectly happy with my PS4 and I don't see what advantage there would be to buying a new console any time soon.

>Thinks it's just about better graphics.
The PS4 Pro itself already keeps stable framerates unless you're an idiot who uses the 4K mode while the base system is stuck with framedrops or other problems a majority of the time. Nioh and Final Fantasy XV are good examples, KH3 and Yakuza 6 as well.

>still buying playstations after the ps4

Attached: 1555174650155.png (303x311, 181K)

You could just, you know, stop buying shitty consoles.

where's the epic shills?

whats the point? good games wont come out for another 3 years after the console launches. its better to release it afterwards like the ps4

who do you think made that image?

>good games wont come out for another 3 years after the console launches
we're still waiting on games for the xbone and ps4

>still buying playstations after the ps2
fixed for you

Do we even need a Ps5?
You already need gif comparison images to tell the difference between PS4 and PS3. Probably won’t be able to tell the difference between PS4 and PS5 without side by side comparisons as well.

And even if there is a difference, do you really want video game budgets to get even more bloated with high demand for graphics?

It all seems to pointless. They are just making a new one because that’s how it’s always been, when it’s really not needed anymore. PS4 as good as it’s gonna get unless you try inovating.

Attached: 8EDB4C4F-65BC-48F3-A26A-B9C2E0B65597.jpg (488x600, 48K)

How is this news? It's fucking obvious.
The PS5 will launch with:
>PS5
>PS5 Pro
The Xbox Whatever will launch with:
>Xbox Whatever
>Xbox Whatever X

Try 400 and 500.

I like this, but it'd be retarded for you to buy the lesser version.
Give it 2-3 years, you'll be chugging on the most basic of games/ports.

try 500 and 600.
The economy has changed a lot in the last 8 years.
Flagship phones used to be $600,they're 1k now

Pro will be fully backwards compatible with every playstation.

Nope, Microsoft killed he Lockhart, stop thinking Microsoft will copy the same bullshit Sony does, Microsoft is just releasing the Xbox Scarlett and that's it.

*the

Why would you ever buy the base ps5?

Found the american brainlet. Hows college working out for you?

Yes, through digital downloads where you repurchase games you bought years ago for the PS2 and PS3.

kek this

>people still buy consoles upon release
>people even fucking pre-order consoles

Attached: 1568686759019.png (471x513, 124K)

>PS4 as good as it’s gonna get
user we already have all the tools we need to improve open world graphics drastically with couple of mouse clicks. there's no need for bloated budgets only much better hardware.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKu1Y-LlfNQ

Who cares. What kind of retard plays on a console? Literally the young and retarded.

Dude wccftech.com is literal fake news rumor type of site ran by poos. Why anyone would still read it and take it seriously in the current year is beyond me.

Attached: Capture+_2019-09-20-04-02-35.png (719x895, 300K)

Fuck that. Fuck gaming, I'm gonna go find a girlfriend and start a family. This is dumb and gay.

Why would it be confusing?
More expensive version is better. That's literally it. I doubt there'd be any additional features on the more expensive model that would confuse anyone. Probably just that the pro model costs $100 to $200 more, and supports 4k60 out the gate which the regular goes for 1080p30 or something.

Personally, I don't know the names of every single fake news site in existence but thanks for the heads up, user.

what's wrong with preordering if you know you're gonna buy it regardless,might as well get rid if the purchasing act beforehand

I can't wait for PS5 Gaming Pro and PS5 Gaming Elite to also hit the shelves in a couple years!

First revisions usually have a lot of defects, little games and will generally shit the bed during its mid-life.

>one 4k and one not 4k but cheap
even the most retarded consumers will understand this

PC is a thing

It's too expensive, too difficult to maintain and getting the EXACT parts you want is a pain in the ass so yes PC is a thing but only for ultra mega autists. 95% of people don't fit that category.

LMAO spoken like a true faggot
>it's too expensive
But you have no problem with shit like monthly subs to use your own internet? Pc parts go on sale all the time. It takes 0 effort to search for sales
>too difficult to maintain
??????? What's difficult about it? Are you actually retarded?
>getting the EXACT parts is too hard
pcpartpicker.com, it'll check everything for baby retards like you

>But you have no problem with shit like monthly subs to use your own internet?
I don't play faggy multi player games on my PS4. I only play good single player games and those don't exist on PC.
>What's difficult about it?
If a new game comes out with some fancy new meme technology, you have to buy new hardware or play without certain features enabled (bare in mind that you already spent $1000+ on your indie machine by this point)
>pcpartpicker.com
What is international shipping costs and tariffs? I'm not paying double the asking price of a PC part just to be an elitist on Yea Forums and still have nothing to play at the end of the day.

This is just to get everyone to buy the more expensive PS5 Pro at launch and then they're going to release the PS5 Pro 2.0 later.

So, there's now day 1 DLC for consoles too?

>consoles

Attached: B234B4CA-037F-4ADD-9B97-CB1B187E0B29.jpg (527x705, 37K)

>base PS5 $299
>Pro PS5 $379
>Project Scarlett $499 (plus no games)

Sony wins again my fellow brother men

Attached: 1549732736842.jpg (800x400, 73K)

The question is still.. What features is coming to the pro version taht isnt going to be on the Base version. If they plan to release the backwards compatibility stuff on the pro.. Im geting that one. If its just a litle more powerfull.. Well. It depends on how much worth its going to be.

Guess Apple has already bought Sony behind the scenes then.

Id prefer this, I refused to get a PS4 pro unless my launch system died and it will be the same with PS5 if this isn't true

probably same shit as ps4 base and pro, I'd never get a base simply because devs are lazy cunts who let major framerate drops slip, and playing pro without supersampling usually fixes that

>If they plan to release the backwards compatibility stuff on the pro

I highly doubt that. There would be zero technical reason to do that, the base PS5 will already be BC with PS4 anyways. Also all we know about are the base PS5 specs and those specs could easily handle in-house emulation of PS2/PS3 if Sony wanted to do that. It's not like the 3DS/N3DS where the 3DS legit wasn't powerful enough for the N3DS exclusives.

Same. I'd hate to buy the ps5 just to have it "outdated" a couple years later. But it will be bullshit if they release an even higher tier "pro" console later

>Apparently the ps5 will release along side the ps5 pro and both will have no games

>shitty
>consoles
WHOOPS! Tautology

Sony will just release a ps5 Pro+ 3 years after.

Maybe the PS5 will launch with a second model that has all the bells and whistles like the PS3 and 360 did, but it won't be a more powerful console.

If graphics were important to you you wouldn't be getting a console

i don't care for 8k so won't pay for anything like that. i'd like as much ssd space as possible though, and consistent 60fps 4k.

>muh grafix
>on a console
>at 23fps

Attached: serveimage~02.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Because that makes no sense unless the product is expected to go up in value. Not only do consoles get cheaper, they also get quieter and their quality control improves.

The SSD thing is going to kill the PS5. Games are going to be huge and if they're relying on the SSD bandwidth it might not be easy to expand storage.

i'm curious how it will work. if the ssd is proprietary maybe sony will start selling their own additional storage solutions.

I prefer 30fps it feels more cinematic. 60fps is very floaty

>splitting the audience at launch

retard

Extremely unlikely. Why would they compete with themselves instead of double-dipping 3 years later?

Not only stupid for Sony, but it'd be a nightmare for game developers to have to make 2 different versions of the same game.

>PS5
$499.99
>PS5 Pro
$699.99

>ps5 will be slightly stronger xbonex

Attached: 101.jpg (1462x1462, 162K)

The entire point of making a pro is so consumers first buy a normal one then rebuy the console later on, increasing sales. Releasing a pro version day 1 just means that the pro version is the normal version and the normal version is a trash can that will be quickly discontinued.

You should stop buying consoles. You're not 10 years old any more.

They number of people who upgraded is actually lower than you think, most pro buyers were new customers. I don't think the PS5 will have a pro version, something like PS5 & PS5+ something to be less confusing for casuals but "hardcore gamers" will go know the difference and go immediately for the expensive version

Yeah! They should be playing mobas on our big boy office machines while sitting at a desk with tiny 24" monitors like REAL men!

Amazing how none of those rumors have any solid ground YET they got their way to official websites who threat them like words of gods.

It's the prostitute version.

>wow, have you ever seen so much technology for cheaper than a phone!?
I guarantee you that's a direct quote from the reveal show.

Yeah and play gta online with racist and rape hacks soo mature

Nah, they should be streaming at 4k60 on giant 65" TVs from Google Stadia.
Consoles are an antiquated and inconvenient concept, streaming is the future.

you can plug it in tv and use a controller you know .

Weak b8 m8. You tried

And play rdr 2 oh wait

SO HERE'S THIS GIANT ENEMY CRAB

Attached: Freddy Francesco.jpg (298x247, 49K)

Not really, sorry you're poor and can't afford decent internet, but poor people shouldn't be playing video games anyways.

Nobody is buying the Onions Gaystation Censored this time around.

>world of war craft
>league of legend
>controller

Attached: serveimage~01.png (800x729, 48K)

You done it again, you end with with some controversial point for attention. Its bait 101. Anyway, i'll stop giving you what you want.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, thankfully when streaming takes off you won't really have a choice in the matter.

Sony shot themselves in the foot, with their recent forced censorship, shitty policies, and western pandering. People are ready to buy the Xbox and/or stick with Nintendo this gen.

>sell a powerful console at $150 higher than the average
>everyone gets mad and the thing bombs
>sell a throwaway console at regular price with an optional $150 extra Deluxe, Future-Proof version
>everyone is happy and most people shell out for the deluxe anyway

Attached: 4a6.jpg (500x313, 19K)

Why get an xbox when all the games are on PC and better? And lol at bing bing wahoo machine being a competitor

Why buy a PS5 when it has nogaems

Attached: 1559139681834.gif (320x342, 3.66M)

What's stopping them from releasing a third stronger option a couple of years down the road ? Along with censorship to please their Chinese overlords and their scripted interactive movies.

Fuck this.

Attached: 56hjyi890.jpg (640x360, 29K)

Xbox has no games, lol.

>hur durr Xbone it's not about Grephiks it's about fun games
>LOLOLOLOL LOOK AT NINTENBOIS WITH THIER LITTLE TABLET I BET IT'S NOT EBEN 4K

But it has

this, honestly smart strategy

These things are gonna cost a fucking bundle, aren't they? I don't even own a PS4 yet.

>I want to be fucked in the ass
>I want other people to give them more of my money because I think it's neat

Give me your money and then take a dirt nap

The reveal is going to be a spectacular shitshow. I bet you one hundred fucking percent that they will make a big deal of how they'll be "hands off" and not censor new games on PS5. Just like Nintendo boasting about region-free at the Switch reveal and Microsoft boasting about canceling their always online bullshittery for the Xbone, Sony will definitely find something stupid to undo (that shouldn't have happened to begin with) and they will be praised for it.

>make PS5
>want to scam the consumer
>brilliant idea
>put cheap Chinese parts in PS5 case
>call that one the regular edition and sell it for the regular price
>sell the actual PS5 at a dramatic markup
>actually get away with pricing their console at $599 US dollars this time
Wake up, sheeple. You bitched about the PS3 pricing, and they're doing the exact same thing again, and you're not batting an eye.

Like?

Censored Walking Simulator 23

They're not gonna do this, I can guarantee it. It would be such a bad business decision. Most people would buy the pro version. The people who would be interested in a cheap budget version aren't buying on launch, they're buying in 3 to. Years when the console is discounted heavily and a bunch of games are out. Why the fuck would they release 2 versions when one would bomb?

What they might be willing to do is release a normal version and a cheaper version with a smaller hard drive for $50 cheaper but that's it.

Yeah what if all of us told each other to wake up. Then we'd all be awake!

Iphones also aren't designed with games in mind.

Let's be real here, they'll both have cheap chinese parts

>even the most retarded consumers will understand this
I take it you've never worked retail, customers absolutely will not understand this.

If they released a "normal" version for $400 and a "pro" version for $500, who the fuck is buying the normal version? No ones gonna be buying a $400 console with a game ($460) for a Christmas or birthday present for a kid. Everyone buying the ps5 on launch will be buying for themself. So who is going to willingly fuck themselves over for 5-6 years to save $100 on a luxury product?

Fake rumor, stupid idea.

I’m so done with Sony. Death Stranding will be a good send-off. Building a gaming pc next year since Sony said themselves they won’t have exclusives anymore

Either way I'm still going to wait a year or two for the inevitable pro+ model.
If everyone is going to be playing this game of mid gen hardware upgrades then I see no reason to hop on a new generation until then.
I don't really see a point these days anyways but whatever.

Attached: 1396235224008.gif (200x183, 644K)

Parents are fucking retarded. I used to work at a electronics store and they don't know fucking shit when it comes to gaming. It took me literally pointing crap out to them in big, bold handwaves for them to not buy the shit product or something their kids didn't want.

>look up video/screenshot comparisons of base vs pro
>wtf barely any difference, not worth $100
>get base
many idiots will do this

>devs will just make games for the base model
lmao no. Everything gets made with the pro version in mind and then dialed back to work on the base model, or worse, just dumped on it with no regard. If you complain about how terrible it runs/looks than they can just shrug and tell you to upgrade. That's exactly what happens now.

you greatly underestimate the retardation of the average consumer

Right? Like what are you even gonna play at launch? Spiderman Remastered? The Last of Us Remastered Remastered? Give me a break. This thing won't have any games on it for at least two years.

>new generation coming out soon
>Barely any truly good games on ANY platform
Holy shit, what has the industry come to

Attached: ADDBB147-425B-44BE-B555-5AD3548B828A.jpg (442x740, 46K)

monetization is a hell of a drug.

Attached: 1459221073438.jpg (500x334, 48K)

Switch is kicking all kinds of ass, you have to admit the games are good they’re just not your style.

>currytech
more like top kek
get a real source.

Attached: kojama.jfif.png (828x1792, 1.51M)

Attached: 3644737171.jpg (1000x1333, 360K)

>wiiu ports and indi/mobile phone trash
>all at full price
no

>It would be such a bad business decision
Oh yea, just awful, it sure has fucked over literally every phone, laptop, and tablet manufacturer, huh?

Hardware sales barely mater anymore. The Xbox is battling its fight against other store fronts on PC, the Playstation brand isn't doing the same because Sony refuses to leave the console ecosystem. They're going to lose influence fast at this rate.

Let's just hope that it will be enough this time.
Would hate to see a PS5 Pro+ announcement a year later.

Attached: fk2xsrd3non31.jpg (1213x1209, 241K)

>The same game but now in *4K
>*Upscaled and checkerboarded

Attached: 1566419059574.jpg (1398x562, 280K)

shitposting aside TLOU2 Remastered is 100% happening.

Sounds hot.

pro as in pro-trannies