Sup, Yea Forums

Sup, Yea Forums.

Just started playing Rain World a couple days ago, and while I haven't really read too much about how to progress, I keep hearing shit about 'pleb filters,' and I wasn't really getting what they meant until I got to The Wall. And, like, I know it's gotta be part of some progression since it's got those guide dudes everywhere, but wow. That's some shit you gotta go through just to give me a direction to explore in.

Attached: 1529850391.nikinazu_monk_cyan3.jpg (1280x913, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1419439256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

which area did you come from to get to the wall?

Chimney Canopy. Had to hope it was at least more bearable than fucking Sky Islands. I was very, very wrong. but at least I don't have to worry about the physics fucking me over with platform jumping.

some spoilers for you then: if you climb to the top of the wall you're skipping the best area in the game. If you go down from the start then right you might be able to go the proper way, but I forget if the path is one way or not

I can't see SHIT down there, so it's more infuriating than going up for me. Plus, I plan to backtrack anyways. I just spent so much time grinding in the Canopy for that Echo that I thought I might as well keep going up.

>going up the wall
might want to backtrack and find the yellow dude
fortunately going down the canopy is really easy compared to going up

I know, I spent the last five hours going up and down the damn thing. It's not like I won't find another way back down. Hopefully.

Besides, this view is breathtaking.

Attached: you're breathtaking.png (1804x1077, 1.17M)

devs are still shilling their shit game here, amazing

Honestly I just wanna talk about the game here instead of some forum or chatroom. Plus, I'd like this thread to foster some discussion related to the game, maybe inspire a few drawfags... Keep seething though.

Attached: 1549524981622.jpg (1200x899, 113K)

It's actually very hard to access the next area from the wall. I had to do some crazy trickshot to get to the entrance. You'll want to go through the recursive transform arrays or... through...
god forbid...
unfortunate development.

Attached: 1550004562017.gif (240x320, 2.48M)

I'm a little stuck at the moment... Didn't see a spear on the way here, and it seems like a similar requirement for the passage on the left.

Also, please tell me you can revisit Echoes, because I'm seeing that there's text that goes with them and I wanna EXPERIENCE THE LORE

Attached: o no.png (1814x1079, 872K)

Even if you can, don't do it user. Sequence breaking on your first playthrough isn't worth it

That's the spot!
You need to get to the passage on the right.
The only possible way is to grab a spear and mid-jump sideways throw the spear into the soft area right below the vent.
I did it for a speed run.
It is very hard.
You need to run one direction, then change directions immediately, jump, and throw the spear mid-air at the right time.

Attached: adsasdasda.png (1814x1079, 869K)

Guess I'm dippin' back down for a spear, then... This motherfucker better be in fucking awe when I get to them.

I posted this in the last thread.
This is a PSA for all the players who have yet to finish or play Rain World: Don not read these threads.

Rain World is a game about discovery and exploration. Every piece of information you gain that is not from the game itself is a detrimental to your experience with the game. You don't need advice of direction, the game provides you with just enough information to play and you can use your head from there. Come back when you've seen the end all the zones and I'm sure you'll agree with what I've said. Rain World is a game best enjoy alone and blind.

Attached: 1568791420811.jpg (1200x1697, 569K)

Scripted as fuck

Good luck. I was stuck there forever. I may have saved time just going around the right way.

You may find this useful, There is a mod that allows you to throw diagonally.

Attached: 1564625898366.jpg (846x1200, 131K)

Actually it's a huge coincidence. Moments like these are why rain world threads are amazing, and why is partially wrong.
One of the best parts of the game is sharing info with other people. The game originally came out with no guides so info was passed from person-to-person.
I was stuck at this part forever, so I'm glad I caught this lucky user.

Attached: 1564592406992.png (432x384, 122K)

Just wait until you get to the underhang

>the game provides you with just enough information

I would never have found out how to get past that last bit of The Wall without someone telling me.

Other than that though, I'd agree, it has been pretty fun exploring on my own for my first run. I just wanna talk about it. It feels like the kind of game that lends itself to communicating with others, especially if they're also on their first run. That actually reminds me of The visions the Survivor has sometimes, where he's one of a sea of Slugcat spirits

Exploration is damn fun, despite some of the more annoying things that happen in this game like Lizards having siezures right in front of passages you NEED to go through to get to another area.

I'm very fucking happy that wall under the target spot isn't sticking my spear each time I miss, that'd make me blow a blood vessel.

Attached: targetpractice.png (787x549, 351K)

delete your gif immediatly

Attached: duke.png (1065x795, 1.76M)

Okay nevermind, I think I was just doing this wrong. Just to be clear, I'm NOT throwing the spear mid-backflip, just when I backwards-dash, right? I noticed it actually shot diagonally when I jumped during it.

Attached: ugh.png (545x412, 184K)

I actually don't remember. But here's a pro move that can help.

Attached: Downthrow.gif (169x159, 210K)

This is what other people are doing too.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1419439256

I disagree. All of these things can be figured out on your own. The beauty of the game is it's mystery in both it's world and it's game design. You experiment and try in order to learn, rather than another user who did that telling you, "yeah you can pick up mouse lanterns" and "lol just throw a spear and make a pole" because these are obvious if not very easy to figure out.
No offence to the people who couldn't rack their 5kb brains to figure this one out, but you're just an idiot. You can see the pipe entrance and you ought to know a spear can make a thing to grab. You don't need any moves like the back flip to do this.

You don't need to do a backflip move. Why does everyone think that?

It's to high to jump to its level, smartass. The spear would stick just where it is on that screenshot.

is definitely the best way I've seen to get that extra leverage. Jesus Christ, thank you so much for this.

You're brain dead dude. I didn't even know you could even do that at that stage. It's unnecessary. I'm surprised you even manage to use a computer

Attached: 1564584707247.jpg (830x974, 274K)

I'm not gonna deny that, but fuck you, I did it!

Kinda patronizing to have that audience though. The fact they did that at all was a nice touch, I will admit.

Attached: nice.png (1191x588, 528K)

Congrats. Enjoy the next stage :D

Attached: 1549402896202.jpg (1024x1280, 211K)

Happy to know humanity isn't the only race with a Kama Sutra

Attached: drawfags get on it.png (1816x1075, 1.6M)

>Kinda patronizing to have that audience though. The fact they did that at all was a nice touch, I will admit.
what are you even trying to say here?

Unfortunately the devs decided to get really lazy porting their 2d physics platformer on switch at 30fps, so I'll never get it anyway.

Why don't you just get it on PC then you frothing idiot?

I mean the three observers. The first time I was there, there was only one.

This motherfucker's just like I thought they'd be. Being able to annoy them without fearing for my life makes it doubly fun to meet them.

Attached: 1514074981.nikinazu_5p_thicc_2.jpg (1277x1280, 229K)

>5P just zaps me if I go back in and try to exit through a different way than how I came in
>Which means climbing the Wall was a one way trip

Ass. Time to tumble my ass back down there.

I'm not touching Sky Islands if I can help it though, once I get back to the Canopy. I've spent far too much time dying before I can even get to the first hideout, then grinding my ass back to a high enough Karma to get through again...

>Losing my maxed out Karma just attempting to descend The Wall
>And yet I can't stop playing

This is hell.

As one could guess, the trip down is far easier

for how simple the game looked originally, arena mode is a fucking blast

>for how simple the game looked originally

Attached: 1565389539330.jpg (1771x2021, 284K)

Attached: scavs.webm (960x540, 2.19M)

>Shaded Citadel
In the most loving way I possibly can, I hate every fiber of this game right now.

Wow it's like I'm actually on /gif/ and this is a racially charged fight thread

Well, I covered a lot of ground (even if I did have to go all the way back to the start again) so I'm gonna take a break for now. Glad I could get some guidance from you anons during my first run. I') be taking the route that the Citadel leads me to for now, as was recommend earlier.

Attached: 20170330014552_1-768x432.jpg (768x432, 12K)

Bump

The other entrance in the Underhang has a bunch of orange goop you can eat to max your karma right next to the gate and a shelter. They know people will have gotten wrecked getting there.

>being at the lwest karma level while trying to ascend the leg and wall.
>dive bombing into the abyss if the cycle was too short
good times

I managed to just barely outrun the rain climbing The Wall only to die to those rope mimics immediately after. The earthquakes the rain was making while I fell still spooked me, until I looked to the left and saw the clouds below. Despite the occasional janky this game has, it is fucking kino.

Oof, those typos. Don't phonepost, kids.

I whole heartily believe this might be one of the best, if not most inspiring, indie games of the decade. It real is one of those games that you could use in advocating the artistry of video games. If it were not for the average IQ of game "reviewers" being that of room temperature degrees C, and the causal player being akin to an dented headed abbo, this game would have set a new standard of indie games not dissimilar to how Dark Souls set a new standard of difficulty. It's a crime how overlooked this games is and was. I hope the studio don't force themselves to change because of this.

Dark Souls had the benefit of being Triple A and marketing itself around its difficulty. Most people don't like, and definitely don't expect the constant cycle of life and death either game provides, and coupled with the aimlessness of your exploration, it only makes sense that games journalists had little patience to give it the time of day it deserved.

It's the real definition of art in video games. It is a video game that is art, not a video game desperately trying to be art by becoming a movie. The experience takes precedence over the gameplay at times, but I consider that a necessary risk to deliver its message. And that experience is still solidly rooted in interactivity. In experiencing the brutality of its world firsthand instead of being led by the hand to see it. There are only a couple somewhat scripted sequences, and they're used in contrast to how chaotic the world is away from them. Just the fact that you can kill Moon by mistake, which many people did, shows a willingness to embrace interactivity that no focus tested AAA game would ever allow. It's not a game where the narrative and gameplay are separated in any fashion; every facet of them is intertwined with the other. The game's message comes through in every moment spent playing it. That's pure artistry.

I don't dislike that image but I don't get why you're using it in Rain World threads...

Attached: 1535055623656.jpg (1100x723, 271K)

It'd be kind of hypocritical if I were to post anything Rain World related wouldn't it? Given my prudence to spoilers.

Attached: 1565711223674.jpg (900x1200, 130K)