Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer...

>Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet

When are we going to get a good game set in the Howard universe?

Attached: 1568778509115.jpg (800x1068, 166K)

There would have to be a game developer who read and appreciated REH. Most probably don't. Older Conan games aren't bad.

I made a Conan build in Skyrim, it was okay.

is the schwarzenegger movie good? i've genuine interest

The first movie, yes. The second is good only for laughs. Red Sonja is bad too, but good for laughs. I beg anyone with interest in the setting/character;READ THE BOOKS.

Its good. Like the other user said though you should just read the REH stories, shits amazing

THIS READ THE BOOKS

Howard is up there in terms of world building. The Del Ray books has a history of Hyboria and Soloman Kane is set before the fall.

First one is great, second one isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it is more light hearted than the first one.
Shadizar and the temple they go to though alone provide incredible sets and make it worth a watch
I do recommend reading the books as well.
Hour of the Dragon is fantastic, as are a bunch of the short stories. Howard was good at what he did

>Howard is up there in terms of world building
Have you read some of the story fragments and outlines he had?
There was one where he was gonna be in one of the black kingdoms and there was supposed to be some palace intrigue. Couldve been good if hed finished it imo.

The stories with king conan are really great, especially his description of the battlescenes.

One I really like is the attack of the outpost on the pictish river fucking brutal with the demon stalking him.

is conan exiles any good

>One I really like is the attack of the outpost on the pictish river fucking brutal with the demon stalking him.
Don't know if Ive read this one. Which is it?
I kinda liked the black colossus. Conan leads an army and theres a big battle in the deserts in the east

The funcom guys really really like conan. They just dont know how to make games.

Best conan game would be something like the witcher 3. A semi-open world original plot with branching choices that still fit into a set characterization filled with side quests that are heavily inspired by the short stories. Throw in an actually good stealth system and bring back the sex cards. If that magic had been captured by conan fans rather than slavs we'd finally have the perfect conan game.

idk what its called but conan meets a dog and later a aquilinan colonist along the pictish river

conan investigates for the for governor a string of deaths in the forest
pretty good

I haven't finished the Del Rey set, Im on book 2, so I probably haven't read it yet.
I really hope we get a King Conan movie with Arnold before he kicks the bucket

Would buy. Im kinda surprised no one has done a conan game that way yet. But then, its difficult im sure to get the rights as well as get a good enough team together to get it done while under heavy oversight from a movie company

As I understand it funcom has kept a pretty tight leash on the conan IP since they've had it, so other developers can't try to make a conan game even if they want too. But you're right in how surprising it is that funcom itself didn't to make a conan game like that even after how wildly popular TW3 was. Instead they jumped into a dead fad genre for whatever reason.

It's good for a romp.
When you reach avatars you've gone too far.

Sounds like Beyond the Black River. One of my favorites too

If anything, the first one is philosophically denser than the typical REH Conan tale. In terms of mood, Destroyer is closer to REH than Barbarian.

>you will never have a Zenobia gf

Attached: Zenobia in chains.jpg (400x600, 24K)

Good comparison, user. Witcher just stumbles from one adventure to another, just like Conan, and the details (like the sex cards) also fit in with Conan, who was just as likely to bed a barmaid as a princess.

I really wish Korgoth of Barbaria got approved.

The fun part of all?
Some of the old novels had a mail-in game wear all were in control of their own province in setting. Every month/week kids could mail in their "turn" and a response to said action based on what others did came back to them. Shit always sounded so fucking cool.

Pretty much. Got a love letter to conan, and a conan story in movie form. Im happy with both

age of conan is really a missed opportunity god casting was fun in that game, such a shame about the rest of it

being a necromancer was unlike any other mmo out there

If someone doesnt make a hyborian age mod in bannerlord, imma choke a turk

>READ THE BOOKS
I've been told only the shortstories are worthwile: is that even near true?

>I've been told only the shortstories are worthwile: is that even near true?
My only advice is to read Robert E. Howard's stories, as well as the only novel he did. I don't know about other authors' conan stories, ive heard mixed things so ive never read them

>READ THE BOOKS
means the short stories as written by howard, there are a couple of stories not written by howard but those might as well be good fanfiction because nobody can quite capture howards writing so
READ THE BOOKS

Nah I'd say majority of works made in the hyborian age are good. Wanking REH is all fine and good but he's not the only one who did Conan well