Do you prefer Classic Sonic (2D) or Modern Sonic (3D)?

Do you prefer Classic Sonic (2D) or Modern Sonic (3D)?

Attached: EE0Js[1].jpg (462x517, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gS4HkDCwzu4
youtube.com/watch?v=gL9EtmAUwM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 150px-Classic_Super_Sonic.png (150x233, 36K)

Classic, all the way.

Classic has better games and he's also better designed.

Depends on the mood. If I’m trying to get my fill of a good sidescroller with momentum, 2d. If I’m looking to sit back and be prepared to hit A and forward a bunch for roller coaster-esque immersion, than 3d all the way.

Modern Sonic vs Generations Classic Sonic? Definitely Modern Sonic.

Nah, it's not that binary. There's Classic Sonic, which is all the 2D games, then there's the Y2K era, which is Adventure to Heroes, then there's the Edgy era, which is Shadow to Unleashed, and then there's Nu-Sonic, which is Colors to present.

For me, it's Y2K era.

My main beef with bad sonic games is the interface between the levels.

Like a lot of modern sonic games will pad out content with mini challenge levels that reuse parts of the main level, which would be fine, except that there are like 30 of them for every stage that's in the game, and the hubworlds of most sonic games mix them up with the main game, and complicate what stages have to be cleared and which ones don't.

Generations handled this the best by having the main stages on the ground level, so it was clear what the bonus stages were, and made the only necessary bonus stuff the boss fights against other hedgehogs which were distinguishable from the other stages.

The worst was Secret Rings, which was a flat menu with repetitive music and forced you to clear a certain number of bonus stages, but was really muddy about which ones to do and how much. Also the Results screen used the same music as the level select menu so you always heard the first 5 seconds of it repeated twice over with every mission.

Excluding Gens, they only did this in Kishimoto's games, unless you count the chilidog missions from Unleashed.

>classicpedos

Attached: 62035722_122613552315588_8298790873361023052_n.jpg (611x320, 35K)

Reminder that Sonic Heroes is a masterpiece.
Only soulless zoomers don't like it.

Attached: 71GZzLA9zVL.jpg (1329x1857, 208K)

Classic all the way. 3D Sonic doesn't exist for me.

Neither, make a game that involves more Super Sonic action like in the opening of Unleashed.

Attached: Super_Sonic.png (1024x1024, 785K)

saturn sonic
adventure tails
classic knuckles
boom eggman

Attached: sega.jfif.jpg (1125x731, 77K)

I prefer Modern, but I like pre-Generations Classic Sonic too. Fuck babby nu-Sonic's dumb face. Mania was fun, but it doesn't compare to 2 or 3&K.

>HAHA MEN CANT BE RAPED BUT WAMYN CAN
unironically fuck off roastie. I fucking hate roasties and niggers.

Attached: 769868678.jpg (1280x1079, 519K)

user this isnt video games. If you're going to talk about Sonic characters raping each other I think /sthg/ is more your speed

Unleashed is anything but edgy. It feels like a pixar movie. The only "edgy" Sonic games are Shadow, some of 06, and Forces, those are the only games where it really feels out of place.

Not sure which ones are Kishimoto's games.

I've seen this done in Sonic 06, Secret rings, black knight, Unleashed (Wii), Colors Generations, and Forces.

Sonic 06 had a decent enough concept to highlight the necessary minigames in bright orange, but that 3 tiered loading screen you have to through for all of them really kills the experience

/sthg/ crossposts to shit all over sonic threads on Yea Forums and then return to their shithole when it gets deleted. I'm just here for the shitposting.

Sonic Unleashed is about Sonic becoming a werewolf. How is that not edgy?

Kishimoto worked on Secret Rings and Black Knight, and directed Colors, Lost World, and Forces. I haven't played Unwiished, but in all of Kishimoto's games he really likes doing that. He's also the guy forcing in Zeti and Wisps, and before working on Sonic he made exclusively pachinko games.

youtube.com/watch?v=gS4HkDCwzu4
"Somebody help me tame this animal I have become"

A werewolf with stretchy arms. And it isn't really played for edge at all, Unleashed has an incredibly lighthearted tone and all of its locations are super colorful and inviting except for Eggmanland for obvious reasons, all the side characters are silly and cartoonish, and the game's theme song is the exact opposite of edge.

>sonicpedos
they're all underaged you fucks

>saturn sonic
Nonexistent?

Werewolf Sonic's personality doesn't change, he doesn't lose his mind and just start ripping people apart at random. He just turns into a big hairy ordinary slow-mo. It's really more "Sonic Colors" in tone than "Shadow the Hedgehog".

youtube.com/watch?v=gL9EtmAUwM4
kino

I prefer 3D Sonic, but mostly in its concept and potential. Sonic Team has failed to actually deliver on the promise of Sonic brought to 3D. Speaking of, anyone excited for SAGE this weekend? Any projects you're looking forward to?

Attached: Ocean Paradise Build 0.85.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

almost

Attached: ds0.png (876x1200, 695K)

>Modern Sonic (3D)
Not lately he's not. The only actual 3D Sonic games to have been released in the past decade have been Lost World and Boom. Everything else is majority 2D.

Attached: 1489716273250.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Classic objectively has better games but there is a certain charm to the high-tier 3D Sonic game that allows me to enjoy them just as much, if not more in rare instances such as Unleashed.

Wrong thread you fucking dumbass.

Sonic Utopia fucking when?

Never. If it's not coming to SAGE this year, it's not fucking coming ever.

I-I still have hope... it’s suppose to come out this year...

I've heard there will be a decent-sized demo coming out this SAGE~ Let's hope Lange and Mura deliver some excellent levels and gameplay if its true.

Attached: Sonic_CD_stars.gif (245x245, 1M)

Didn't hear that rumor. You think they asked the SAGE folks to keep it a secret until the big day? If so, that's rad. We'll be getting two really good 3D fangame demos then.

Attached: Hidden Base Build 0.85.webm (1280x720, 2.27M)

It's just rumors and speculation for now but I believe it. You should take it with a big grain of salt tho.
They might even do that last minute reveal thing that they did at the SAGE Utopia was first revealed at.

I remember that. It was nuts. That was also the year that Green Hill Paradise happened. That was a damn good SAGE.

Mmhm~ For sure one that the community will never forget. It's legacy continues to this day.

Attached: king of everything.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

Christ. Do NOT go to /sthg/ right now. It's a dumpster fire. I can't believe that a thread on Yea Forums is being more positive about Sonic than its own General. Assuming Utopia doesn't happen during SAGE, are you looking forward to any other games, user?

I've heard the nightmare tales of /sthg/ trust me, I avoid it like the plague. I appreciate the friendly warning, tho.
Other games? The Sonic Chaos remake looks like its gonna be amazing, along with that Hero engine that basically is a recreation of the Unleashed engine while building and expanding upon it.
There's another Sonic game that looks neat but it seems like it might just be a Mania wannabe. Im hoping it gets better honestly.
There's this one cute little bat game in the style of an old Gameboy Color or something. It looks like its gonna be loads of fun, and its got halloween vibes which Im completely down for.
Speaking of which, Vertebreaker is coming to SAGE I believe. It was mainly created by Stealth and it looks like its gonna blow everyone away.
How about you, user?

Attached: OVAsonicglasses.png (320x240, 47K)

Well, obviously I've got high hopes for GT since I've been posting webms of it all thread. Beyond that, I'm mainly excited to see what other 3D offerings we have this year. Vertebreaker is going to be a good time too.

3D sonic at its best>classic sonic at its best

but classic usually ends up better

I prefer Modern Shadow (Gay)

Attached: 1560680022503.gif (500x525, 284K)

His personality doesn't change and it's mostly played for jokes. The stupid Werehog is just an overcorrection to people shrieking "NO FRIENDS" after Sonic 06.