Now that the dust has settled, and it's finished in overkills eyes or however you see it

now that the dust has settled, and it's finished in overkills eyes or however you see it.

what did we think of Payday 2?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o_i7ZnlmHwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Enjoyed it at first then took a long break and was afraid to come back cuz I thought there would be some meta created

they rebalanced everything, removed the skill that makes silenced weapons deal damage but offered a new trade off skill where the less health you are you deal double damage. any gun will work on high difficulties this way. so i would say yes there is a meta rogue build but other than that several and more perk decks can work on one down. it really gets easier on boxier maps or where you stay in a building

i played in 2013-15 but started playing again in 2019.

played it around 2014 - late 2016, stopped around the time overkill made that ww2 game. was like Infamy 5. stopped playing it because the game stopped being fun and the performance kept getting worse after every update, game felt like it has layers of convoluted shitty content that didnt actually change anything; it was like ovk kept throwing content onto a pile of shit and not fixing older content. i remember being disappointed when Find Jiro updates ended with not finding Jiro. Stopped following the game and any updates, heard they removed Silencer skills; couple of months later i found out that the game finally had story missions and an ending, we where asking ovk for story missions for years and them adding it now felt like it was too late, watched a walkthrough of the final story heists, looked tedious. hated how they added supernatural shit to the story though. the game now sits in my library uninstalled with 700+ hours and no motive to play it again, all my friends felt the same way and abandoned it years ago. overall gave me a good time, wont forget it. if there ever is a payday 3 ill check it out.

Attached: 1568495606779.jpg (614x1024, 64K)

>we

>shill Raid 2
>flops
>Make a walking dead game literally nobody asked for specially considering how shit you are at making something new
>kills the company
They should have played it safe and make a payday 3 specially with how they ended the 2nd one with ayys and transfering bain into the president body to not die from a virus.
They could have created a new crew and even put cameos of the old one being contractors and shit.

I loved it and no game has filled the hole its left

It was one of my favorite online games, having played since beta. It had a bit of a shaky start that got quickly ironed out (mostly the old skill tree system being tweaked a bunch), a good couple of years after that, then it was all downhill with the endless DLC and the lootbox things. I think around the time the Hotline Miami DLC came out I lost interest and finally put it down for good shortly after they added that obese woman character. It just lost a lot of its character when it got too wacky and too many oddball characters got added in. The mission format of the game and the flexibility of approaches you can take put it far above the usual zombie wave shooter co-op games. I must have played the Go Bank map like 60 times, but it was always fun with the randomized phone calls keeping you on your toes.

So, is overkill OFFICIALLY dead?
or just, you know, quiet after having two games flop in a row?

Attached: 1545015158980.gif (200x200, 948K)

loved the music, might play it again someday soon.
youtube.com/watch?v=o_i7ZnlmHwQ

Attached: 1517353578757.jpg (719x699, 52K)

>That out of place bit of trivia about Sydney being a good swimmer ended up being her epilogue
>She retired from her life of crime and becomes an Olympic swimmer giving the money to children's charities
Wholesome
Whats not wholesome is the erection I get from imagining her in a one piece

Attached: 0c4.png (599x605, 12K)

I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead killed them. It killed them so hard in fact they pretty much cancelled the ports and even removed the only version released from Steam.

No, their parent company Starbreeze were in some hot water both financially and legally, but they sold a bunch of assets off and seem to have kept afloat.

Rockstar bought Starbreeze. They hold the IP now

I remember I bought it on my PS3 at launch and ya I know "hurdur consoletard" but damn man I was so excited and the way they shafted the console versions, at least early on I never kept up with the game after that, always left a bad taste in my mouth.

the soundtrack is absolute god tier, on the same level as hotline miami
I fucking hated how ovk added fucking memes like in borderlands 2, and sydney was the fucking worst of it i fucking hate syndey so fucking much everyone blows their load on sydney
>clover main

Rockstar didn't buy Starbreeze, they bought out a ton of shares for Dhruva Interactive, a studio Starbreeze had a large stake in.

fun game made by the wrong developer, overkill sucks. I have no sympathy for them, they ruined their shit well before they got fucked over

wish there was a way to play 2014-2015 payday 2, for me the game peaked around that time

Here's a second thing I noticed
Jacket
>Uses a tape recorder because he doesn't or maybe can't talk
>Always has handwraps on that cover his knuckles and backs of his hands
>Hates russians,
>Jimmy hates russians

Attached: Henry.jpg (600x844, 507K)

absolutely forgot about Jimmy, loved the crossover and the movie. Wonder if they're ever gonna make a Henry 2.

I just want a Hotline Miami movie, if I ever become a director I actually had an idea of making a move about Midnight Animal (The movie starring the Pig Butcher, not the other one, but I would add a joke about it)

I didn't really like it, IA is dumb as fuck, and gameplay ain't great

It was pretty fun. I liked it, and my friends and I spent many hours doing cool things and dumb things on it.

Started playing again last month after not playing since crimefest 2015
Its good game and its in a good state atm
Sure LMGs and shotguns are broken but its better than seeing faggots running around with bows and arrows
How do I git gud at death sentence? Does everyone bring doc bags and swan song and keep dying to clear rooms?