Only plebs disagree. You're not a pleb are you?

Only plebs disagree. You're not a pleb are you?

Attached: thinking hard.png (500x487, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7zfrSJUEbY
youtube.com/watch?v=YMKskuvJTcs
youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=WLLE_PvJ5mY
youtube.com/watch?v=aRHJDo-HZQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lmAhCi2lYHg
youtube.com/watch?v=B77hKKI4SbI
youtu.be/S8Z8T3skJkE
youtu.be/GOwuniIgYXM
youtu.be/KrdCwcdf34g
youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g
youtube.com/watch?v=AqkY7ikdAf0
youtube.com/watch?v=jYGA_bk6P0I
youtube.com/watch?v=c2JeaOrsUSk
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=e8WGb2gs-F8
youtube.com/watch?v=_ynAxA770tk
youtube.com/watch?v=TEZJIarhIQk
youtube.com/watch?v=Yux-NIiyHWU
youtube.com/watch?v=fsgHPPolJL0
youtube.com/watch?v=vuvrLTgWWPE
youtube.com/watch?v=3Tvhf4rBHQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=hoh7VEEW2cE
youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5guTIUhZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go play guitar hero then.

Gameplay is literally the most important part of every game

I turn the sound off completely in games and just listen to podcasts.

So then you agree Undertale is the greatest game ever made, right OP?

I agree

you might have had a point in the past but nowadays any studio can throw money to have a soundtrack composed for their game
every game has good music nowadays
and in general when the first thing i remember about a game is a good soundtrack it's usually because there was nothing else good about it
hearing a game being praised for its music is one of the biggest red flags

Not at all. I can guarantee you the first thing everybody remembers about a game with a good soundtrack is the music over anything else. Metal Gear Rising is the poster child of that point.

kind of cringe ngl

>every game has good music nowadays
No, they really don't. Every game having some big fancy orchestra doesn't make for good memorable music.

In single player games yes. Games that are all around good completely fall apart and the effect is lost if I turn off the music. Lots of retro, Japanese, and Nintendo games are scaffolded in many regards by their music.

But for mutliplayer or online games the music isn't that important if at all.

Nothing has a good simple melody anymore. The reason old games had better soundtracks was because the technical limitations forced them to create super simple and memorable tunes. Now everything is a bland Marvel orchestra that runs together.

Music is really important but not as important as gameplay

You actually meant the opposite right?

Attached: fc9bb2731deeeb6d3cbf631e5acb1a79.png (492x282, 199K)

Music is a part of art direction.

>I can guarantee you the first thing everybody remembers about a game with a good soundtrack is the music over anything else. Metal Gear Rising is the poster child of that point.
You chose the worst possible example because the ONLY reason people remember MGR's soundtrack is because it's become a meme that gets spammed all the time.

Is the soundtrack the first thing people remember about Nier: Automata? No, it's probably the ass. What about Persona 5? No, it's probably the story.

No, music is repetitive and familiar so people can recall it. A good story will be discussed for decades.

People still know The Cake Is A Lie. Not nearly as many remember the end credit song.

>The use of that long shrill hum to replicate the sound of an air raid siren

youtube.com/watch?v=q7zfrSJUEbY

Attached: apu.jpg (354x286, 25K)

>People don't remember this garbage credits meme song so that means nobody remembers music
Okay?

MAH PRIDE

Attached: 1568933854315.png (500x487, 159K)

but not every game has iconic music, that people will remember decades after the game came out

>Is the soundtrack the first thing people remember about Nier: Automata? No, it's probably the ass.
People with no taste remember the ass. When you mentioned Nier the first thing that came into my head was A Beautiful Song.

youtube.com/watch?v=YMKskuvJTcs

I'm gonna dish out some unpopular opinions to some weak-minded mongs, but it's the truth. Halo 2 arguably had the best soundtrack of the entire series, period.

Attached: Halo.png (1216x809, 268K)

Good only on a technical level, not the compositions.

but you need good gameplay to be able to go through the ost

>Sound effects and ambiance

Attached: holographic-universe-640x440-1[1].jpg (916x630, 111K)

Maybe decent at best but actually GOOD no

Halo 2 wins just because of Peril alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI

I wouldn't say it's the most important aspect, but I'd agree on it being able to carry otherwise average games really hard. Music has the advantage over gameplay of being something you're more likely to remember when you're not actually playing a given game

cool, its obviously referring to visual

Ummm NO? every new game has bad music
where are my dadadadadada comfy chiptunes? fuck off new games are shit

>Is the soundtrack the first thing people remember about Nier: Automata?
big yes

>What about Persona 5?
bigger yes

swap ODST and 3 in terms of actual game otherwise 100% right

Ask any real "art director" what he actually does and you'll see that no, it's fucking not.

That is not true. At best, most people just remember the character said tits are attached to and the artist that draws the character the most

Then I guarantee you're an outlier. The vast majority of people do not remember music from video games.

You know what? I’m pretty close to agreeing. I’m having such a comfy time playing ffx, almost solely for the music. I don’t give a fuck about the story or the gameplay. (As if ff ever even had gameplay). I also like the comfy settings. I guess this is adulthood, friends.

I disagree

If your main hobby or interest is music, you are beyond a degenerate. You're a lifeless parasyte on society that cannot think and has no thoughts. Anytime I hear "music is my life!" from someone when I ask them about their hobby, it pretty much cements them in as a no-brain NPC, incapable of any dissenting thought or valuable experience to share. It's one thing if you can actually play or compose music. That is actually really involved with a surprising amount of math and logic to make good, but just listening to music proves you're brain dead.

Playing a video game requires you to have fine motor control along with outside-of-the-box puzzle solving and lateral thinking skills, combined with literary analysis needed to process the narrative and how that affects you and your character. Watching a movie requires visual analysis as well as juggling the important themes and topics along with all of the characters and dialog in your head to form a complete experience. Reading a book is the same thing without the visual and auditory clues. But music? Music fully rewards you for just sitting there like a bump on the log with over-priced headphones strapped to your head, just letting the sounds hit you. Even worse, it's the only experience here that even fully rewards you while high, whereas taking narcotics in any of the other hobbies only diminishes your capacity for enjoying it and reaping any benefits of growth.

If you like music, and it's your main hobby, you would be doing society a service by taking the next exit bag out.

>startup game
>turn off music
>play my own

Attached: 1469663866850.jpg (570x487, 45K)

>caring about the game as a whole

Attached: 165456254561.jpg (900x600, 235K)

Most game soundtracks suck now. It’s all samey and forgettable orchestral bullshit or mediocre electronic crap.

>mute game
>play it
>have fun
Music doesn't mean jack shit unless it's a rhythm game

Man, you both deserve to lose your hearing.

>play multiplayer games
>order is exactly reversed

And you deserve to lose your sight.

dirty dumb nigger scum

Why? I don't turn off the visuals when I play a video game.

Gameplay needs to be serviceable at MINIMUM before you do anything else.

Imagine being this fucking GAY.

youtube.com/watch?v=WLLE_PvJ5mY

Attached: EA-JHf6U4AAra_-.jpg (1024x768, 43K)

>lose hearing
>still enjoy game
hope you lose your hands
then again, you could look up the soundtrack on youtube and pretend you're playing a game again

I can't get into the story when I'm playing with friends at all. There's always one autist trying to go through it at a different pace than me and that makes me not even want to bother following the story anymore.

>story above gameplay in multiplayer
this makes no sense

I already have tinnitus so it's definitely coming.

Why would you hope that? I don't unbind my controls when I play a game.

I agree. Not because I think I'm right, but because that's generally what keeps me going, especially in RPG's and any kind of game with zones that you travel between freely. The music can't just be good, it has to be fitting. It has to properly flavor its setting to the point that it becomes a part of the setting in so much as the setting wouldn't be the same without it.

Persona 4, for example, would have been nothing without its music. Shoji flavored every fucking part of that game perfectly; the music is so tightly woven into every setting and event that I remember what an area sounds like more than anything I did in that area. Fable/TLC is another good example, with every area having a specific sound that drives home its tone, its personality. The Guild has its reverent Gregorian chants, the woods their peaceful but mysterious flute and harp, and the Demon Doors carry a hushed feeling of sacred, forgotten magic that only exists now in little hidden pockets of the world.

Gameplay makes the game, but music makes the setting. As the world was thought to have been sung into existence, a game's music gives its setting life. I would not have played Nier if its music hadn't drawn me in. I would not have been compelled to keep playing Halo if its music did not perfectly describe its setting and tone without saying a word. I couldn't have wasted hundreds of hours in Oblivion if I wasn't being lulled into relaxation by the ambient music of its towns.

Gameplay determines how much you enjoy the act of playing the game, but a game's music is what decorates and enriches the time you spend playing it.

no fucking way i browse a board with braindeads like this no wonder people say the stupidest shit on here about games if they're muting the soundtrack as if it doesn't matter

>gameplay is secondary to music
>picks a game popularly praised for its tight controls and engaging gameplay
>from a studio that across the board appears to make the gameplay of their games the top priority

Huh... so this is the power of bait.

The gmae makes the music memorable, not game has actual memorable music by itself, if you believe this, you are the pleb.

>mfw I love Metroid Prime and couldn't give less of a shit about its music

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 7K)

>picks a game popularly praised for its tight controls and engaging gameplay
MGR is absolutely not praised for these things. It's an alright game, but its mechanics are weak in comparison to its competitors. MGR would be a solid 6/10 if it wasn't for the music.

Nier. As in not Automata but the one on PS3 and 360. That game is straight up trash and is only remembered for its music and its writing.

>No game has actual memorable music by itself
That's fucking retarded. Sure, its application to the game is important, but there are plenty of soundtracks that are excellent compositions that can be enjoyed outside of context.

youtube.com/watch?v=aRHJDo-HZQQ

This. Then if you have the right music it elevates it to another level, a good story and you have pure ludo on your hands.

Attached: tC5uumk.png (480x360, 337K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lmAhCi2lYHg

One of my favourite OSTs comes from a game I've never played

The best games have the game make the music and the music make the game

youtube.com/watch?v=B77hKKI4SbI

This is always going to be a stupid divisive argument because 50% of the population have a physical pleasurable response to music and the other 50% don't. Some niggers get chills down their spine listening to electronic beeps while others just hear a random assortment of noises.

Nope, most games with good music just plagiarized/borrowed it from actually talented musicians and the game experience makes the music memorable to you.

>posts some generic 5/10 song
ok, thanks for proving my point

And if it wasn't for the gameplay MGR would be a solid 0/10

Ok but if what you yourself are stating is true then music is worth 4/10 and the gameplay gives it the 6/10, or let's assume its really a 9/10 game. Then it would be 6/10 for gameplay and the music bumps it up to 9/10. Unless you wanna just break down and admit you're wrong.

>others just hear a random assortment of noises.
ya we call those npcs their opinions do not matter however

I remember this kid in like 5th grade who went into a full autismal tantrum because our music teacher asked him what he liked to listen to. He didn't listen to anything because he hated music.

I never thought I'd meet him again but I have to say I'm shocked you haven't killed yourself.

>most games with good music just plagiarized/borrowed it from actually talented musicians
Prove it. Give examples besides the infamous Metal Gear theme plagiarism incident.

>It's 5/10 because I said so
Sure, nigger.

Your opinion = small brain (bad)
My opinion = BIG brain (REALLY GOOD)

The best part is I don't have to defend my position like a big boy!

>most games with good music just plagiarized/borrowed it from actually talented musicians
[Citation needed]
>Calls the quoted soundtracks generics
>The first one is the furthest thing from it
>The second is a full soundtrack, meaning you couldn't have heard anything from it.
Oh, you're a fucking pretentious retard. My bad. I thought you'd be more reasonable.

why mgsv is a masterpiece

You're throwing arbitrary numbers at me and then asking me to make sense of them. Fuck off, faggot.

>Not at all. I can guarantee you the first thing everybody remembers about a game with a good soundtrack is the music over anything else.
That only really counts for games where the music is the only redeeming quality or by far the biggest one, user.

You have TEN seconds to name TEN games with bad soundtracks

Attached: 1511159398093.jpg (939x1394, 981K)

b-but my opinion... you can't just discard it like that!

>game has a Masafumi Takada soundtrack

Attached: 1450035322492.jpg (640x480, 33K)

This is why TES is GODTIER
>decent story
>shit gameplay
>amazing music written by an incel
11/5 would play again.

Attached: 6 out of 5 waifu.png (701x699, 830K)

You started the arbitrary numbers I'm using your own points of reference to show you how shit your claim is. This Is called arguing.

that’s my theory too

It's fine if you mute it after having heard it so much that it grates on your nerves. Destiny made me turn off its music because the game is a repetitive pile of shit with very few memorable tracks, which is a shame. I would never think to mute certain games, but after a while in others hearing it just makes me angry. I muted Dragon Age: Origins and eventually muted Battlefront 2 (original) because I was playing instant action over and over again for hours.

youtu.be/S8Z8T3skJkE

youtu.be/GOwuniIgYXM

Don't mind me just posting kino
youtu.be/KrdCwcdf34g

Attached: cUdXtVj.jpg (720x738, 85K)

Fallout 4's soundtrack is quite frankly fucking offensive to the ears. It's completely dissonant to what Fallout is supposed to be, and many of the songs blend into one another to the point where you're adamant there are only three combat tracks.

I'm opposed to the idea of muting music in any game, but after experiencing that shit I wouldn't blame you if you turned it off.

Attached: outta here.jpg (750x746, 59K)

I'm sorry. It's too late. I've already asserted my dominance. And once I finish a new version of Wojak that will serve as a stand-in for you and people with opinions like yours, the mere act of me posting it will invalidate any criticism against my half-baked thoughts and ideas!

Not that user, but that's fair. The only games with repeating OSTs I enjoy all the time are fighting games, but that's usually since they have a nice variety of tracks that generally fit the pace and energy of the game.

People that silence a game's music or replace it than their own are worse than any casual gotcha walking sim zoomer gamer.

See: Mass Effect vs Mass Effect 2. I was extremely disappointed about the loss of the spacey, heavily electronic soundtrack in favor of another canned orchestral EA special. I can't recall a single track from ME 2 but hearing the track Vigil from the first game immediately puts a warm feeling in my gut.

Your game's soundtrack is ok Todd
youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q

>I'm opposed to the idea of muting music in any game
Depends how long you play any game, after a few hundred hours it all gets stale.

I respect your opinion, but for me it's gotta be the OG.
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

Graphics > Artstyle > Gameplay > Music > Story

Playing a game without the soundtrack can be pretty interesting sometimes. You notice a lot of nuances in the sound design that can sometimes end up drowned out by the soundtrack in normal play.
Some games in particular that come to mind are Monster Hunter, Dark Souls (obviously the boss fights specifically) and more ambient explorative games like Metroid Prime.
Seriously, give it a try.

Sonic Chronicles
Sonic Eraser
The Adventures of Rad Gravity
DOOM 32X
Tagin' Dragon
Action 52
Bebe's Kids
Terminator NES
Spelunky remake
Yoshi's Island DS

I don't like you.

Morrowind and Oblivion all had toptier soundtracks. Many of the Skyrim tracks were great too.
Also the Toddpost and incel comment were bait, go listen to soundtracks for Arena and Daggerfall and tell me they were "ok".

>Action 52
The Cheetahmen theme

>Sonic Chronicles
I thought people were just meming for the longest time but holy shit
I actually like a few tracks on it though, especially the final boss

youtube.com/watch?v=AqkY7ikdAf0

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Island DS
Wiiware port of Cave Story
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Sonic Chronicles
Sonic Boom
Crazy Bus
Sonic Eraser
Mortal Kombat (series)

>implying Cheetahmen II's theme isn't iconic

This is a quality thread.

>go listen to soundtracks for Arena and Daggerfall and tell me they were "ok"
>Implying I haven't already
youtube.com/watch?v=jYGA_bk6P0I

story = music < gameplay < waifus

Speaking of plagiarized Vidya themes, here's my favorite.
youtube.com/watch?v=c2JeaOrsUSk

Attached: rock-howard-garou-mark-of-the-wolves-13.1.jpg (210x240, 14K)

most patrician

a GOAT game must have good soundtrack to be good

based post
brainlet post

>ignoring 51 other fucking games

I play a game depending of the music desu
So I go to youtube and if I like a song from the game I play it. That's my autism

Attached: 1568922680675.jpg (750x380, 36K)

There are plenty of games with bad gameplay, and even more with bad stories. There are VERY FEW games that have bad music. At worst, it's forgettable, which is better than frustrating gameplay or a story full of plot holes.

Attached: 1523468932585.jpg (1700x956, 778K)

Gameplay > Music > Artstyle = Replay Value > Story = Sex Appeal > Graphics

Attached: 1548633023681.gif (250x182, 997K)

This
There is no GOAT game without GOAT(or close to it) music

>chooses MGR's middle school buttrock soundtrack as an example of good music

>There are VERY FEW games that have bad music
That's fucking wrong, though. The majority of bad games also have shit music.

>There are VERY FEW games that have bad music. At worst, it's forgettable
That's worse than being bad. Bad music is memorable and can be mocked. Forgettable music is just wasted trash.

Those are fighting words, faggot.

>Middle School Buttrock
It's interesting. We all go through that late teens/early 20s phase of "I don't listen to this because it's for edgy middle schoolers". Then you, ironically, grow out of it

I agree with he story/gameplay part.

Yakuza does just fine without great music.

Fuck is wrong with you, though? Yakuza has stellar music.

I haven't played Yakuza but i find it very hard to believe a SEGA series without amazing music, I can't take your word on this one

I don't think Ace Combat would be anywhere near as popular without the music. I'm serious on that one.

A lot of popular series would have made it without it's music

The fuck are you talking about?
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6AuvA-tl3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=e8WGb2gs-F8
youtube.com/watch?v=_ynAxA770tk

You're not entirely wrong. I'll put up with a lot of shit if a game has a great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=TEZJIarhIQk

Attached: thara-frog-card-ragnarok.jpg (300x400, 44K)

>Funk Goes On and Outlaw's Lullaby not being the most kino battle themes ever

What the fuck are you talking about?
youtube.com/watch?v=Yux-NIiyHWU
youtube.com/watch?v=fsgHPPolJL0
youtube.com/watch?v=vuvrLTgWWPE
youtube.com/watch?v=3Tvhf4rBHQ8

Attached: 1534017646619.jpg (560x720, 55K)

If the soundtrack is better than the game then I'm not even gonna play it. I'll just download the songs.

Don't mind me, just posting the most kino boss theme of 2019.
youtube.com/watch?v=hoh7VEEW2cE

Attached: white sheepman.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

For me, it's youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5guTIUhZM

Attached: dcxi34u-2b6ff610-0b4e-4271-bc40-08ee9d5789e7.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

How bout lower afterlife

>start game
>listen to in game music for a few hours
>get bored
>mute it & turn on my own music
>game gets 10000% better

Attached: F0Uo-iIR.png (201x201, 84K)

musician seething

>not muting game and listening to audiobooks while playing

art draws us
gameplay keeps us
story engages us
music and sound ties is together

Combine anything with music and you'd get a decent game, but alone its just good background ambient to listen too.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.04M)

If only.

Attached: 238248112.jpg (900x720, 33K)

It's up there indeed.

I agree, at least as far as the Final Fantasy VII remake goes.

>the ingame music is fucking garbage
i'll put on my own and tell all of the shit air vibration a game produces to go to hell