How's your game coming along?

I'm using Gamemaker Studio right now. How about you? Anyone need help? Let's help each other out.

Attached: yoyo_logo_512.png (512x512, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

games.greggman.com/game/programming_m_c__kids/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't used Gamemaker in like 10 years, what's it like nowadays?

It makes games

Guess I'll start with something easy. How do you personally make one way platforms? Like the kind you can jump through from the bottom and land on top?

Attached: super-mario-world-screen-2-720x720.jpg (625x417, 31K)

Why do you keep making this thread?

because they are popular?

Here's an article on how to make platformers in general, you should be able to figure out how one-ways after reading it.
games.greggman.com/game/programming_m_c__kids/

It's dated but it's a very interesting read and the concepts are still relevent in modern 2d platformers.

I bet you don’t complain about the nth smash, twitter screencap, death stranding or game journalist thread. You’re such a huge faggot I’m surprised you’re not a janitor or a mod

There's a Gamemaker Studio 2, now, but I'm still working with 1. It's pretty straightforward. Haven't figured out all the DnD functions, but I'm getting by pretty alright with code.

Made completely obsolete by Unity, but still a surprisingly capable engine.

Can I use Unity for isometric 2D?

Attached: 1387291407954.gif (300x440, 278K)

Should I try making a game?

Okay but have you made any progress on your game since you last posted this
You need to balance work and socializing you know

I filter those instead

I'm forcing myself out of procrastination and writing the story. Gonna use rpg maker.

I've started toying with components/composition and have discovered it solves all my problems.

Attached: bro.png (148x247, 42K)

New UI is pretty alright but I could do without the fancy schmancy animations.

I honestly think GM is still the king for no-budget 2D. I've never seen a competent game made in Unity 2D.

Thanks, this'll help alot. I was using youtube tutorials up until now to learn some basics. Shaun Spaldings vids are pretty popular, but they don't always work for me.

lolno, you'll just do the fun parts then give up immediately after the hard and tedious work shows up

hollow knight

Working on 3D assets. Been trying to model everything I can by hand, but I can safely say right now: Fuck foliage.

Attached: cart.png (497x423, 144K)

Damn. I sure hope that didn't happen to you.

Attached: img.jpg (600x387, 20K)

>this fag thread a gain

Why the absolute FUCK would I share ANY of my fucking trade secrets with you losers? Do your own work OP you freeloading leech fuck.

Just statistics, ma'am.

Im gonna make a retro fps that has an open world hub is unity a good engine for it?

have sex

yes but what's wrong with making a good old doom .wad

What fun parts?

So I remember hearing unity was kind of shit for 2d is it still? I want to work on a pretty standard srpg with some base building.

Just use IWBTG's platforms lmao

Tbh I just come to these threads to see how the anons are doin'. I ain't even making a game but I love seeing the progress being made.

Keep at it, anons.

Attached: 1528488206172.png (249x214, 120K)

the "ideas guy" parts

That isn't making a game lmao, that's daydreaming.

You get it.

"idea guys" are the game directors/game producers, aka. the people who invest in the project and have money or acces to it.
Game Designers are the ones who find SOLUTIONS.
>word from a real Game Designer
study some code guys (Javascript, C# are the more used for prototype), and learn how to draw basic stuff.
also, learn at least 3 languages and basic comunication skills.
>Game Designers ≠ Idea Guys
There are no "fun" parts in the game industry, just moment of peace, if you are lucky...
Don't make videogames, study for a more reliable profession. You can thank me later.

Attached: 1515499071748.jpg (500x353, 188K)

I'm currently looking into porting over my gamemaker games to either Gdevelop or Godot. Right now, I'm looking at Gdevelop. Seems fun.

why

I'm making an action platformer. Menus are done, gameplay is done, first full stage is almost complete. After I iron out some details I'll be able to jump into the stage creation phase, but unfortunately I don't have an artist.

good so far. Working on a boss arena at the moment. Having a hard time getting inspired to make environments though.

Reminder that:
>coming up with a concept is not making a game
>writing a design document is not making a game even if it's 200 pages long
>learning game design/art/coding is not making a game
>composing music is not making a game
>doing art is not making a game
>writing code is not making a game