Play free offline games,use custom themes, download mp3 player, custom apps on hacked system

>play free offline games,use custom themes, download mp3 player, custom apps on hacked system
>switch to my original system to play my legit bought games online
why the SHIT haven't you hacked your FUCKING switch IDIOT???

Attached: 1568717332615 (1).jpg (3770x1894, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
lan-play.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>play free offline games

False.

>no cfw

Do you have the downs?

is it possible yet on non-launch switches?

Yes, if they have 4.1 firm.
Not lite though

Because the majority of people are paypiggies and that's just fine, piracy might be as big of a problem as they claim it is if more people actually practiced it. I'm content playing the entire library for free days/weeks before release and buying the like 2 games a year with actual online functionality. Bans are always a risk, though the current emunand solution sounds safe enough in theory, I won't be surprised if I go to sign in one day and get slapped with one, especially with the Pokemon release coming up.

im scared updating to 9.0 will break everything

it doesnt

I play online.

I support products I like to encourage the production of more of them.

Because I play online multiplayer games on it and don't want to have a $300 brick.
I'm against piracy so hacking doesn't appeal to me.

It is not safe enough to do it, unlike with the 3Ds Nintendo still can fuck your switch with updates and bans

Even if you get banned you're not losing out on much. Spla2n is done being updated, smash ultimate and mario kart can be played locally with friends the only thing i think you're missing out on if you get banned is tetris 99

cope, running emuMMC with airplane mode is 100% protection against any ban, you literally CAN'T get a ban

bump

OH NO NO NO NO
been playing links awakening since the 17th. Have fun paying $60 for a remake

based, fags complaining about launch prices always make me chuckle

>with airplane mode
hahahahahahahaha
*breathes in*
oh boy

Airplane mode blocks all communication. You know, because that's what has to happen on airplane. You fucking mong.

you dont even have to use airplane mode, literally just dont connect to internet on your hacked system and you have zero chance to get banned lol, cope harder buyfag, can't imagine how much money you must've spent on games to write this out

tell me when you can get nmh3 for free, then we'll talk.

It's not even out yet. :thinking:

Is it true that the best cfw is literally sold for money and it is a signed binary for your switch so you can't even use it on multiple devices?

the best cfw is free, nothing beats the safety of emuMMC

No, SXOS used to be the best, but now atmosphere and kosmos are better. Both are free and both offer emunand.

yeah, retard. so tell me when you DO get it.

Hey haha tell when you get half life 3 retard yeah haha :^)

Attached: clown.jpg (480x360, 38K)

Online works fine on my machine.

Attached: 1552498732650.png (1600x900, 1.18M)

kek

I'm reading into the matter, but I found the it's only SXOS that can run games without installing them, that seems like the biggest advantage I guess (?). Which cfw would be the best for someone who's a total noob when it comes to the switch, atmosphere? This emuMMC thing seems awesome, by the way, I like the idea.

yes, atmosphere is probably the simplest one
I used this guide nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

have fun, but don't install too many games, you'll have trouble picking which one to play and commit to

I'm still too ignorant to do it, i will first inform myself before even attempting to modify my switch, also i don't know how stable it is, and how reliable it's against bricking.

Attached: What else do i have to do.gif (360x240, 302K)

it's extremely easy and you have zero risk of getting bricked if you never go online on your hacked system

Switch lan-play allows you to play online when banned.

Thanks, I'll educate myself on the matter. I don't have a Switch yet, I'm actually waiting for the new release to become hackable, but if this thing works out well and I can play bought games online, pirated games offline, and emulators, I'll definitely get one.

Well fuck, i will wait for the entire smash DLC roller coaster to end, which will fucking happen in about 2 years apparently, so I'm fucked, unless i get a second switch... Which will probably will never happen

Attached: Absolute Despair.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

Because not only is my Switch patched, I was fucking retarded and accidentally updated it.

I choose not to. I hacked my 3DS thinking having infinite games would be fun. I hadn't touched the 3DS since I downloaded like 20 games for it.

Are Americans not interested in anything they didn't pay for?

I call it the "Pirate's Curse". Sure, you get unlimited free games + dlc, but you'll become incredibly picky. No game is worth your time anymore, since if you start something, the feeling that you "could be playing something better" will take over. You end up playing hundreds of games, but not finishing anything.

retard.

I dunno, I'm a leaf.
So much this. I started EO4, Dragon Ball Fusions, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, SMT4 and Strange Journey, and half way thru I just got... sick of them I dunno, it was weird

>owning two systems just because you’ll get permanently banned when going online
That explains loud and clear why I didn’t

I don't regret getting my switch, simply not paying any money for those amazing exclusives that don't have a online component is great, while buying only games that have online like splatoon 2

I only use it for multiplayer titles to begin with

I understand that, I have that same problem with my hacked switch, I have no motivation to finish a free game when there's a library of 30 games I haven't paid a cent for staring at me

>people not realizing it's cheaper to buy 2 switches than it is to buy every game you are pirating.
You don't even need 2 switches. That is just being super cautious.

are you seriously retarded? it's one machine, hacked system running off SD card and original system just on the internal memory

then no point in hacking, although if you want to try out any games maybe it's worth it for you

the wording is pretty bad, I apologize, it's one machine, two systems, one is from SD card the other is internal memory

Yeah, before hacking my 3DS, I finished every game I had. Now... only managed to beat Shovel Knight. Started SMT IV, DB Fusions, The Alliance Alive and a bunch of others. Only thing I actually did was playing Kid Icarus online (didn't finish either).

I don't get the idea that people that pirate don't finish games. I've already beat 1/4 of the games I've pirated and its only been 2 weeks since I've hacked my switch.

Yeah, I'd like a portable machine, but it costs around $400 after taxes in euristan, and I'm poor, and given how shitty the quality of nu-nintendo hardware has gotten (soicon drift, synch issues, dead pixels), I really don't want to give them money, this is why I'm waiting to see how the new revision turns out. I mainly want the machine for emulation, but I'd like to play some online games too like Splatoon and Mario Maker.

It's been like a month since hacking my switch and having a 400gb sd card and filling it up definitely killed my motivation of playing a game on it, it's probably just the personality of some people, some are affected by too much choice, some are not

Because I'm a decent human being who doesn't feel like he's entitled to everything by virtue of existing.

>just don't use the internet, like on an airplane
nigga I'm on the ground

>soicon drift
I had this, simply bought and use a 2 euro electronic contact cleaner and it was immediately fixed
>synch issues
never had these
>dead pixels
haven't even heard of a problem like that

Definitely look for a used switch, I bought mine from a guy that bought it because his brother had one and ended up never playing it so he sold it to me for 200 euro, there's a suprising amount of people like that

That shit is fucking dead though
There should be more shilling for LAN play

this. we'll just build our own online

Attached: nogirlsallowedweebs.jpg (1280x1183, 205K)

I'm still able to get games almost whenever I want to, and the connection isn't as shitty as Nintendo Online's.

>Are Americans not interested in anything they didn't pay for?
Putting money down gives you a sense of investment in getting the most out of your product.

It's not the same when you realize you can have everything ever at any time.

>mod my console mini with every game ever for every console up to ps1
>end up just playing SNES sim city every time i boot it up
why did i bother

based retard
you could do without the moralfagging but I can respect that, I only pirate because I do not have an income, if I had money to spare I'd buy the games

I only managed to find a smash match straight away once.
I mean, just look at the player counts lan-play.com/
You pretty much have to set up matches with people on discord if you want to play online in its current state. I'm also assuming that games like Splatoon are impossible with such a low player count

I pirated the shit out of the DS and 3DS but I get paid very well nowadays so I want to support Nintendo.

seething

As for the controller, I'd definitely replace the left basedcon with the hori d-pad controller right away because I can't stand the original design with no d-pad, like what the fuck were they thinking. I don't think dead pixels are usually an issue once the screen is confirmed to work well, they usually come up within a few days, and I have 2 weeks to return the unit if I don't like it.

Wow, nice find, gz. I'm always on the lookout for some deals, but the second hand market is pretty much non existent in my country, and everybody wants to sell their switches for like 260+ euros. I think everybody is poor here, and they want to get back every single dime they invested in what they bought. If I ever find a good deal, I'll consider it

Why do you kids talk about piracy as a super exclusive secret club? Anyone can do it, no need to be such a faggot. I'll wait until near the end of the life of it so I can play titles I neglected, I've done the same since always.

2nd hand market is booming where I live, though every country has some, well 260 is still below stock price so if it's not used much I'd take it, though there could be better deals

cause with my luck id somehow brick my syastem

>Why do you kids talk about piracy as a super exclusive secret club?
what, I just want to let anons know or give them courage
>I'll wait until near the end of the life of it so I can play titles I neglected
no one cares, some people want to play the game before it even comes out and talk about it while it's still relevant

idk I'm too lazy. It made sense to put cfw on my systems when I was in high school and I was poor and there was there was region locking but nowadays I find it more convenient to buy games

just tell me how to do it and stop taunting me with these threads you fuck

Attached: nam loli.png (900x1000, 444K)

I'd buy games too if I had spare money, understandable

>fear of missing out
Cancer. I bet you rush through games to be "relevant" in the shitty gamer communities, what a fag.

here

Once they release the Switch Pro I'll probably do it.

I did and I loved it until my games stopped working and all my new installed games refused to boot, telling me "Unable to start software. Please return to the Home Menu."
I then spent 3 days trying to fix it, nothing worked despite trying everything under the sun, and I was the most frustrated I have been in years.
Now I just PC game. Less frustration and anger.

I finally did yesterday now the emuNAND can stop bans. Got into RCM using two screwdrivers.

>Got into RCM using two screwdrivers.
lol good job

is it as brick-proof and easy to hack as the 3DS?

people who pirate shit don't actually "feel entitled" to free shit

pirates do so because they can and because not being able to isn't going to magically make them willing to open their wallets

everything in that photo collectively is easily worth thousands. damn

The hardest part is using a jig which can be made retard-proof by buying one instead of making one using the tons of DIY guides out there detailing various jigs you could make.
Everything else is just having the comprehension of a middle schooler and following a step by step guide that provides links to necessary files and videos for the extra retarded.

Attached: 1538267434258.jpg (2592x1944, 1.19M)

Wanna know why Yea Forums aka the worst board of 4chins is anti-piracy? It's because 70% of the traffic is made out of shills paid to promote a system or a new title. When some c*ck is trying to scare people off with bricked switch stories it's actually a shilloid working for Nintendo

Don't be a braindead 50iq paypig and hack your switch, FUCK THE SHILLS

Attached: 30741281_193487744793638_6854350801746264064_n.jpg (720x490, 24K)

I did it with two needles and some wire

lmao fucking paypig bootlicker

Before I hacked my Switch I played nothing but Smash and now I actually play the new releases

When you just download a metric fuck ton of stuff you only had a marginal amount of interest in, you just gave yourself a list of chores. Limit your downloads to like, 5 at most and don't even think about downloading anything else until you finish those games or drop them. I've finished a ton of the 3DS JRPG backlog and I've never been struck by the "Pirate's curse" because I only download stuff that actually interests me.

>hacking doesn't appeal to me because I'm a fucking brainlet and can't follow retard-proof guides

Attached: 1565316672982.gif (480x480, 2.49M)

>2064 read only memories
this board is for heterosexuals

airplane mode turns itself off

at worst the day before release, at best a few days before release

the only good thing about 2064, much like yiik, is that it got to be referenced in a much better game, valhalla

>current year
>listening to mp3

just listing features that you can download, at least you can actually listen to music

Because I don't want to buy a price scalped rcm bug vulnerable switch? You seem to forget that only "Year 1" switches are hackable

Can I download games without having to deal with whatever bizarre shit is going on in the Switch pirating community with discords and trannies and whatever the hell that's all about?

>I'm against piracy so hacking doesn't appeal to me.

Attached: npcsoy.jpg (644x800, 35K)

>paying for two Switches

that's why

Never had it turn off on me before

I bought a Switch a month ago. How can I do this?

OP is retarded. You can have 2 different Switch OS's on the same device. One you keep offline forever and play pirated shit, and the other is your standard stock OS that you can buy games and play online with. I like to use 2 separate SD cards for this, but you can even have them both on one card.

Right on, you got a calculator too user?

Is it true that your sd card wipes if you update to 9.0?

bitch I worded it bad, fucking retards

Retard does not know what Nsp’s or Xci’s are.

Retard does not know what an emu nand is.

I like buying physical copies of games. Also laziness.

Attached: 1567890083191.png (720x708, 452K)

>Unloads every reboot

Call when I only need to do the prep work once.

>false
this is why you don't do drug kids.

only if you let the switch completely die. just... don't let it die?

just put it in sleep mode, I mever turned off my launch switch off on purposed since I got it. Just sleep mode and it get docked.

me? I know what emunand is I'm using it

Use 90DNS you fucking tards.

If I were to buy a new Switch right now would I be able to hack it?

Attached: raizmonkey.png (399x355, 210K)

>prep work
You literally just insert a piece of plastic into the right rail, plug it in, and press a button. There's also AutoRCM if you don't care about sysNAND, which removes the first part entirely.

no. it has to be a model from before July 2018. if it's a model past that, it has to be on a pretty low firmware (4.10 i think?)

No. You need either a Switch made before July 2018, or a Switch on a firmware no higher than 7.0.1.

Damn, thanks bros.

>play free offline games
Oh boy, more fucking games in my backlog.

how about you fags just use incognito?

How big is your microsd? I kinda want a 512GB one for future-proofing but the decent quality ones are kinda expensive

my model can't be hacked yet i really want to though

I literally just bought a switch today. Why? I don't know, it was spur of the moment, I have money and have been relatively bored recently and wanted something new. Naturally, I got BotW with it as well since it's a good first game I guess.

Dock the thing, get it all set up / updated, install BotW and get into the game. First thing I notice is the atrocious framerate. How the FUCK do consoletards stand this shit? It's nearly unplayable. Then the input lag hits me. Every single movement from the joycons has input lag. Every single action. Combine this with the framerate, what the fuck? I should have just pirated this shit and emulated it, this is not worth it.

me too, retarded bro

>Complaining about having to play videogames
What the fuck is wrong with nu-Yea Forums

Attached: 1504237400101.jpg (447x447, 26K)

Should've just played BOTW on PC, it has way better resolution and fps options there.

I only hack my consoles near the end of their life.

t. banned retard

Keep in mind having emuNAND on your SD takes up around 32GB. I have a 400GB card coming in soon.

Right now it's only $150 for a hackable switch console (just the console) on ebay.
That WILL change for the worse as hackable units start getting bought up and becoming rare.

>Rich buytards who don't research.

Oh how I love proffiting from your stupidity.

Attached: 1567580751774.jpg (231x250, 11K)

this sounds like a copypasta honestly, there is no input lag on botw lmao wtf

>owning a mobile gaming device in current year

Not him but yeah there is, the Switch inherently has more input latency than most other systems.

when i press the button link swings the sword. when i tilt the stick link moves immediately. what cosmic levels of awareness do you fuckers live on where you're like "ah, yep, i sensed the 0.00001% attosecond where the stick had moved a centimeter and link didn't lift his foot right away"

Hey man if you don't notice it that's okay, but it definitely is noticeable.
Especially if you're someone who occasionally plays older games like Melee on a CRT, the difference between that and the delay on a Switch game is kinda jarring.

SSBM is also a rock solid 60fps and is meant to be played in a way where how many frames a move has after pushing the button / stick is immensely important

if there is lag on switch you are massively exaggerating how noticeable it is.

Smash Ultimate runs at a consistent 60 fps and still is way more laggy than Melee, if you want a more direct comparison.
Again, nobody is saying that it's anything game ruining and if you don't notice it then that's totally fine, i just think it's a valid for the people who do notice to bring it up.
Modern games in general are becoming more and more laggy, it's not a positive trend and should be criticized.

The problem with SSBM is online input lag, not game input lag. In local play the game feels fast and fluid, but as soon as you hop online the input lag is awful.

>SSBM
Fuck, meant SSBU.

I naively thought 128 gb would be enough, please laugh at me

Yeah i was about to say bro, Melee Netplay is fucking great as long as your opponent isn't crazy far away.
But you're actually wrong, even offline Ult has quite a lot more latency than Melee. It's perfectly playable, but it would be nice if that just wasn't the case. Idk if that's technically possible on the Switch though.

400GB SD cards cost around as much as a new game. It's worth it when the value is infinite games.

I now realize this is why I haven't completed a game in at least 5 years

>refers to firmware as a "system"
>lmao are you retarded why would you think they are talking about two systems?
Pretty sure the retard was you, user

So, there's no version of the New Nintendo Switch (the one with longer batteries) that can be hacked, right?

As of now, no

you can still use physical copies, but the game card reader has its own firmware and fuses, so if you enable it on updated firmware, you have to disable it again to downgrade.

no, the problem with ultimate is game input lag. they probably did it on purpose to make it less glaring to play online.

okay faggot I hacked it now what fucking nothing! nintendtards

t. snoyhomo

Too paranoid about being banned and I also have a launch console

It is kind of a common thing you'll see pirates complain about, finding yourself unable to commit to anything when you have the entire library at your fingertips for no monetary investment. Unless a game really stands out then you might have trouble motivating yourself to start it.

Attached: 1543637411313.png (1182x283, 92K)

is it as retard proof as wii?

almost yes

You gave nintendo 600 plus dollars, and even more if you are paying for the membership. How could you believe you are getting one up on them lol.

>600 dollars
By "original system" he almost certainly means the unmodified firmware you load into to play your legit games. Buying 2 systems is retarded and only a last resort if you somehow get banned and can't live without online.

Good. That's how things should be.

This was the case with PC game up until around the time Steam got popular. All developers would compete with demos. Only the best games would succeed because you knew what you bought.

Haven't all the hackable switches been bought up already? I feel bad for the people that missed out or have to shell a lot more to get one now.

Attached: 1567983868022.gif (189x189, 273K)

>Tfw have an original launch Switch
>It's not hacked

Attached: 1558926973708.png (427x576, 310K)

This always seemed like bullshit to me. I piracy heavy and rarely play more than one session for most games but if one actually stands out and gets me hooked I'll keep playing it until it's finished. If it doesn't hook me, the game sucks or isn't for me, end of story. I don't get why people feel the need to have a "backlog".

You fags always bring up online but what the fuck is there to play online other than smash?

splatoon 2

The real question is why isn't emunand common knowledge now? Being able to play legit online games on sysnand and switching to offline emunand for piracy has been a thing for a while.

Actually it makes your game cart slot not work

in emunand or sysnand?

I keep getting invalid NCA error when installing link's awakening. This is the 5th NSP of it I've tried. I have the current sig patches so what am I doing wrong?

Attached: 1557361812702.jpg (992x1026, 113K)

maybe you've got old ones, I know I had trouble with the sigpatches no NSP worked but I googled around and found some sigpatches that worked so keep looking

also you have to allow sigpatches to work in a config file in atmosphere folder somewhere, that got it to work, google it

>literally just dont connect to internet
sorry but some of us actually have friends and play online

Attached: EDrH5HPXoAEpigk.jpg (1024x558, 46K)

are you mentally challenged? actually buy the games you want to play online, you only use the hacked firmware for offline games because connecting to the internet carries risks

i played smash online with my coworker and then switched back to emunand to play pirated astral chain

u mad