If you could only ever play games from one decade (any 10 year span of time) again, which would it be?

If you could only ever play games from one decade (any 10 year span of time) again, which would it be?
and by that I mean pick your favorite, if you've already played a set of games to death you can choose to selectively wipe your memory of them so you can enjoy them for the first time again

For me, it's 1994-2004. You get the tail end of great SNES games like EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Live A Live and it goes all the way up to masterpieces like MGS3 and Katamari Damacy.
2001-2011 was also phenomenal especially for handheld games (so many of the best games of all time between GBA and DS, such as Battle Network 2, Aria of Sorrow, TWEWY and Ghost Trick), that's a close second for me.

Also goes without saying, no ports.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (569x428, 25K)

bump

2001-20011 as well. So many great games came out in that time span.

>video game discussion thread
>isn't a shitpost or bait
>needs some thought before writing a reply
>requires having played enough video games to pick a good option
there is no way this thread is getting more than 10 replies given the modern Yea Forums demographic

have a bump though

Attached: DF0NDW1UQAAlN43.jpg (774x657, 56K)

1999-2009 ez

1997-2007
you get a bunch of great stuff, everything from FF7 to Ur Mr Gay

Sneed

3060s

>no ports
At all or are there certain parameters like collections and rereleases/reprints being allowed?

1997-2007, though I will be missing out on Phantasy Star IV.

Ports and collections would make it too easy because basically all Vidya has been rereleased in some way in the past decade either as an HD collection, mobile port, Steam port, Virtual Console, etc.

What about reprints like Nintendo Selects though?

Nope, doesn't count. Original release date only. It's not meant to be an easy pick

I understand, just making sure.
In that case, probably 97-07 to get as many essential games as possible.

this is autism

How so?

>2001-20011
>20011
imagine what video games would be like in twenty thousand eleven

2007-2017
Breath of the Wild, Minecraft, Fallout NV, Skyrim, WoW TBC, Mario Odyssey, Undertale. tons of great Indies.
I've got a very vanilla taste in games

Look at that, was sort of right.

Gonna ditto 1994-2004, 1998 and 2004 alone are enough for me.

00-10. Most of the overused mechanics you see now come from that era. There are tons of accessible games of different types. Kinda a no brainer