Greedfall

New jank thread.

Few questions:
>Where can I farm pure iron ore?
>Can your companions attributes raise?
I want to give a better sword to Kurt, but he doesn't have high enough agility.

Attached: Siora.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgsite.net/feature/8981-greedfall-romance-guide
rarbg.to/torrent/jwr9sno
youtu.be/I-lJddv6zvI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

materials are rng from their material type node, if you want a bunch of pure iron fast just buy it

Attached: 20190912083615_1.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

I think they level up with you. At least on their character screens it says that they reach a new skill at level 18, 21, 25 or something like that.

i rlly dislike how you can't customize your friend's stats/skills. it marks me angry

Best forge in Teer Fradee! Blades, armour, locks! They're masterworks all you can't go wrong!

I'm helping alliance find the research team, have wrapped most stuff on the theleme side and about to turn in the quest for nauts to learn about the island discovery, how far into game am i?

Are there any closed helmets?

Only the ooga booga native masks and the doctor's beak masks.

Are the beakmasks at least upgradeable or come in different tiers

Give ME Aphra wife!

Attached: Hat Aphra.jpg (780x438, 46K)

>Farm pure iron
Secluded Glade camp near San Matheus. There's a nice little loop circuit that you can take with plenty of enemies and gathering spots if you go east/south-east of it, and one ore gather spot that often has quite a lot of pure. Clear out all the enemies, go back to camp and rest 4 days for the enemies to respawn and 6 for the gather spots to respawn. Rinse and repeat.
You can grind it out for effectively infinite xp, gold, ores and other materials.

>Companion attributes
They raise their strength/endurance/agility/whatever as you level up.
Don't think they can raise themselves in lockpicking/science/craftsmanship and stuff, but they can give you a bonus in it

Should I get this game, Yea Forums? I liked Gothic and Outward, is it kind of the same or?

How buggy is it currently? I like waiting on open world games until most stuff has been fixed.

It IS cute user! It IS cute! (It is! It is!)

Can I make a qt waifu character with the character customization?

Magic kind of bugged, everything else is fine except all graphical assets clipping through literally everything.

Nope

You CAN make a CUTE wife user BUT she WILL have tree face user! I do NOT make wife I am male user BUT all De Sardet wifes WILL have tree face user! (They will! They will!)

Attached: Viktoria.jpg (320x240, 9K)

None of the headgear is upgradable.

based and schizopilled

If I liked elex will I like this?

Wait a fucking second. Is that you, Valerie user?

magic is OP i one hit kill everything, how can i unhype myself?

I’m looking for the 4th note of professor seraffedin regarding magamen.
I killed the guardian and found the 3rd note but the 4th one definitely isn’t in this area also pretty disappointing loot even though I killed a guardian

Respec

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

Attached: Valerie.jpg (702x700, 123K)

Are you on extreme?

Magic is OP because of stasis, nothin personnel dash and bullshit shields not because of its damage that’s were guns come in they absolutely wreck everything.

hold RB

there, now you can slash at enemies with your underpowered blunt weapon

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: paid the village toll.jpg (951x3234, 740K)

It's a mediocre game, but a good RPG. Combat.. works. It's basic, not too exciting, but it does the job. Quests, setting, and atmosphere are it's main points.

It's got a feel of a budget soul project.

aoe stasis + shadow burst literally one shots the whole encounter on extreme

But we shouldnt get used and do mediocre things.
Everything we experience and do should be outstanding.

So combat wise, which sort of build is most fun?

How do I repair the mine mechanism? I found the note and the new cog, but no one wants to give me a quest for it.

I'm helping Vasko investigate a shipwreck and we went there and there is a troll in the cave that jumps out and wrecks my party like a freight train.

Then I guess you'll just need to enjoy not playing a cRPG ever again, considering there hasn't been one spectacular in all areas for years and likely never will be

>underpowered blunt weapon
Say that to my Hammer of a Forgotten God

Attached: HAMMER TIME.jpg (433x802, 142K)

Yeah that one was a little frustrating. You will manage to kill him eventually user.

Shoot at it until it dies.

I read that it's connected to a main quest

Only 2 romanceable girls? That suck

the gameplay and graphics are shit, but the lore is good

it scratched my mass effect itch (i uninstalled andromeda after that npc told me he was a tranny completely unprovoked)

is there lesbo romance for my female legate?

test

Post Legates

Attached: Legate.png (350x887, 578K)

It's not very good

I only jobbed once to that creature. Shift for the dodge/roll is still offputting for me.

You CAN have Siora wife user! (You can! You can!)

Attached: Biggest Siora.jpg (1600x900, 121K)

Aight, thanks.

I had the exact same problem I guess it’s connected to some quest.
You can fight a mini boss guardian in that area btw just go to the direction that doesn’t lead to the mines.

you type like a fucking faggot
kys

I personally think they should've given all natives cute long ears and those tree splotches.

No!

It's okay, but sort of bland. The quests are just walk to marker -> talk -> pass charisma check -> walk to marker -> talk -> pass charisma check ->go do thing OR just do the easy thing.
Aesthetics are the one thing going for it, but its similar to Deliverence Kingdom Come where it makes a beautiful world and then puts basically nothing in it with all characters being bland and forgettable, its nice playing a game where everyone defers to me and calls me lord, but theres way too many niggers, they're everywhere, like a scourge.
Combat's good enough, haven't gotten into the magic, but if its just the stuff in the skill tree that's pretty shit.

Whenever I play an RPG I can't help but contrast it to Arx Fatalis, though the games are typically totally different. Despite being technically basic (contrasted with modern games), Arx Fatalis is able to create a beautiful and fascinating world because it has an actual premise- the sun has gone out and all the fantasy races are now living in underground enclaves, humans are trying to keep up the facade of society but really all bets are off as soon as you walk outside the immediate vicinity of the city. You are now sent to that world to stop an ancient evil from awakening and through your journey you encounter dumb but well meaning ogres, snek ladies, a dragon who is willing but not necessary inclined to help you, and goblins which are like jews if they didn't have the social acumen to pretend not to be greedy bastards.
To contrast- greedfall could have had a really great premise just on colonialism, which is sorely unexplored because clownworld acts like its some awful thing because disney said so. So instead of an interesting story about colonialism, we have a colonial game with colonial aesthetics where you play as a colonial, that tries as hard as it can to avoid colonialism and instead make another fucking Pocahontas like we haven't had enough of those already.

I saw a lot of pre-release stuff about colonialism, specifically about native Americans, which was amusing because the Natives are some Gaul/Celt/Gael mashup and last I checked fucking everyone loves to kill the Irish

Yah, I did. Tough fucker.

Give ME Alia wife!

Attached: Alia.jpg (180x399, 28K)

Slapping Shield of the Enlightened on before going HAM on fuckers with a hammer is so much fun. Cleric builds are great.

Does it run well on PC?

Shit taste I need to go try some of the other endings

Attached: arx 2011-03-05 sister of edurneum.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

You can rebind keys.

She IS cute!

Been playing at 3440x1440 with a rx 580, high/ultra details.
Yes, it runs very well, just keep down dynamic resolution, that's the main framerate killer.

play age of empires 3, it offer a fair view of colonization and has rpg antics

You can rebind keys.

You CAN'T rebind roll off shift. For some ungodly reason.

I can't decide between focusing on the tech fuckery or magic tree, lads. It feels like they kinda do the same things in different ways, what with magic/stasis traps and guns effectively substituting for the magic bolt bullshit and the actual stasis spell.
I was going to split between both, but if that impression is correct then there's really little point.

Someone give a quick rundown please.
Also the UI makes me think of DA:I, its uncanny.

Nigga you can, I just did it.

Gothic 2 (and 3 i know i know) are probably one of my favorite games of all time, is this a spirtual successor?

Attached: 4453453454.gif (162x226, 777K)

Think of Witcher 3 but on smaller scale, with Witcher 2 exploration.

I've rebound in menu a ton of times. It does not actually work in game. If you are using a controller maybe it does. All I can tell you is that for me, using keyboard/mouse, I have rebound it a ton of times but in game the only button that dodge/rolls is still shift. Other keys can be rebound, but not that.

Is there any 'rogue' armor? Or do I have to level vigor no matter what to get better armor?

What! You SHOULD rebind TO sprint FOR dodging user! You should NOT rebind TO dodge FOR dodging user! (Should not! Should not!)

Attached: Elli.png (447x652, 426K)

I'm also using K/M, controller unplugged. It works perfectly fine. You or your PC might have the retards.

Attached: FJLlgH6.jpg (3440x1440, 252K)

How long is this game?

I mean it has the same feel sometimes, though more like Risen. But THAT was supposed to be a spiritual successor, so make of that what you will.

I'm going to start telling people this game sucks and not to play it if I have to keep reading your shit.

that's rude user. apologize now

As I just explained, rebinding it in the menus does work. It just doesn't actually take effect in game. Rebinding other actions does work fine, I have done that and it works, but rebinding dodge doesn't work.

If everything is outstanding, then nothing is.

If you still haven't realized it, the devs obviously fucked up. The dodge key is actually the parry key. The sprint key is also for evading and rolling. You have to rebind that.
If it still doesn't work, there's something wrong with your PC.

Hello, Valerie user, aside from Greedfall what else are you playing / looking forward to?

>If you still haven't realized it, the devs obviously fucked up. The dodge key is actually the parry key.

Oh haha, it worked, that did it, thank you.

Jesus christ user, you should've realized there was something off by looking at the preset inputs.

Attached: 1456345748867.png (800x640, 571K)

>because clownworld acts like its some awful thing because disney said so
>oblins which are like jews if they didn't have the social acumen to pretend not to be greedy bastards
hmm

I rate games on how short the seemingly mandatory pre-game where you just walk around with limited control separated from the main game in some tutorial but not really limbo of constant exposition and bitesize gameplay that ends before you can get into it. How bad is this in that regard?

>Tech basically covers the same shit as magic, except it requires crafting
bruh

Tech being way better is the tradeoff

Dez Sardines

I DO want Stygian game user AND I DO want Disco Elysium game user AND I DO want Cyberpunk game user! (I do! I do!)

Attached: Bug.jpg (4739x7602, 2.5M)

Is it actually good enough? I'm more inclined toward it than the way magic feels, but I was concerned it may end up outshined in every way.

There is a tutorial area seperated from the main island at the beginning but you have all your abillities already. Even the fighting tutorial isn't mandatory if you can prove to a character that you understand that left mouse click is attack and right mouse click is parry. So I'd say it's pretty good in that regard.

why do you talk like that? (Like that? like that?)

What! I DID say user! What! Do NOT worry user it IS okay user IF it IS fixed user! (It is! It is!)

Attached: Armitage.jpg (500x375, 40K)

what's the green mark on my guy? everyone keeps referencing it but no one explains what the fuck it is

What!

Cyberpunk doesn't look as good as CDPR made it out to be but now that Greedfall has been a pleasant surprise I dare to hope again.

>Stygian

Excellent taste

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user! I DO want TO hear OF confirmed wifes user BUT I do NOT mind Cyberpunk user! If it DOES have MANY confirmed wifes it IS okay FOR me user! You ARE a GOOD user!

Attached: Cute Armitage.jpg (576x432, 42K)

The devs have been quiet on the social media front

I have the game installed, but don't know if I am in the mood for a EU rpg.

The game should be success for them by all means, no? Maybe they are still drunk under tables.

I just started playing this, and there was a lot of criticism about the facial animations. They're not good by any means, but they're nowhere near as Witcher 2, a game with a substantially bigger budget and staff.

What! Why IS mommy Jehanne drunk!

Attached: Mommy Jehanne.jpg (900x1200, 202K)

I consider Valerie user to be some sort of newfag test by now.
Every person how gets triggered by him is new to RPG threads and didnt play anything outside of Skyrim / Witcher this decade.

So this is some sort of Victorian Fantasy game?

>forgot a (You are! You are!) at the end
Fucked up there buddy

But witcher 2 is like 7 years old and they should be able to make much much much MUCH more better stuff by now.

he's in every single cRPG, top down or turn based rpg thread pretty much, only cares about having multiple wives
unironically unhinged but a thread staple

I WISH HE WAS A TRIPFAG SO I COULD BLACKLIST HIM

is a cute

I honestly don't see why he bothers you. Just ignore his posts if you want. I mean they're easy to spot, just skim over anything with inconsistent allcaps.

What! It is NOT every time user BECAUSE it IS from the HEART user! What!

Attached: Cool Armitage.jpg (342x262, 21K)

cringe and extremely newpilled

its little annoyance
its like a faggots or ponies
i do not really care but having noisy one in the same room who can't shut up is tiring

A really important RPG question: Can you romance NPCs?

Can you have more than one potion effect working simultaneously? Like armor ointment, power potion, etc?

I like shooting people but it seems like I run out of ammo a lot. I don't even see on the screen where it show how many shots I have left without looking in inventory.

This is the first time i see him and i play alot of RPG

If you have science 2 you can craft ammo.
With science 3 you can craft it en masse and not care about how many you actually have left.

Can you actually use guns exclusively in this or is it melee/magic mainly for damage

Yes, the native girl is bi, black chick is straight,

17th century colonialism.

Lockpicking.
How useful/needed is it? In the intro segment it seemed like any door that needed to be opened for a quest had a key just sitting right there, but that could be just the fact it's the tutorial segment.
There was still a fair share of non-essential doors/chests though, so it didn't seem like a total waste, but...

It pops up a fair bit, you can steal Kurt's armor tho which is +1 lockpicking

Don't see enough fantasies set in that era, I'll check it out.

just add lockiping to your sailor armor and you can just pick everything in the prologue
pretty worth

Noob trap.

Pretty wide fucking range of response. I guess I should've expected that. I'll just need to stick with it and respec if needed, I suppose.

>30h into the game and still no second quest for Siona
>Nauts still suspicious
pourqoui

just ad +1 lockpicing to teh armor(crafting table) and level up lockiping to 2 so you can iopen all chests

Best thing of Yea Forums is people rolling over and letting horseshit like this cover them up all the time.
The faggot isn't funny or useful, he's annoying af but all you sad motherfuckers are like 14 year old "not like other girls" girls loving the whole "omg so random! (:" stuff.
Fuck all of you.

>get +1 crafting gloves in Serene
>haven't seen any gear since then give crafting

fucking glad I kept them

>+1 intuition hat(it also give +25% to loot)
yep best gear

It's DLC content though. Sold it ASAP.

You know, as much as I appreciate companions not ruining stealth, the fact they can crouch in the middle of the fucking room and the enemies stand next to them oblivious is pretty goddamn silly.

oh really
i get it from mother
damn
but gloves are the same too i think?

Nah, it's blacksmith gloves. Found them in some chest IIRC.

I use guns and traps almost exclusively or rather I went stasis route after maxing guns.

The thing is you need science 2 to craft them as for mats you even buy them from merchants but fungus or whatever the name is pretty easy to come by. Once you get science 3 you’ll have very little issues.

But you mustn’t spam them otherwise you’ll run out of them quick especially early game for example if the normal non boss enemy is low just use the shitty sword finish it off.

They nailed the atmosphere pretty well in this game.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 11.21.57.71.jpg (2560x1440, 818K)

Is this game good?
Last time I got a a game from this devs shit was mediocre as fuck

>Wanted to go full colonizer
>only 2 chicks
>one is an ugly negress that I wouldnt even touch with a ten feet pole
>the other is cute-ish but has shit hair and belongs to the other side
God damn this unfair world

seething

Nobody can do anything about it.
He’ll keep posting if he wants to keep posting.

For a AA game, it's brilliant. Don't expect AAA grandeur, but for a gritty, janky colonialism RPG, it's amazing.

Good, not great.

Can you jump in the game?

>occasionally the game teleports you back to a npc so you can continue a quest without running to a fast travel point, traveling, then running to quest objective, which is cool
>80% of the times where this would actually be useful the game doesn't do it
for what purpose

Yes (no). It's prompted jumping/climbing at specific points.

Fucking lame.

Eh, it's works. It's not like you need it anyway. Level design is pretty good. What I find cool is that if you level the parkour skills, cities have a ton of shortcuts that makes you able to get around faster if you know where they are.

Does anyone else get terrible performance in some areas?

>Everything we experience and do should be outstanding
Your life will be wicked ride of disappointment train.
Enjoy little things, fag.

>They're masterworks all you can't go wrong!
Does this game have wolves? And if so, what are they weak too?

Attached: 1453344939275.webm (342x776, 390K)

San Matheus makes my CPU cry.

Is there a way to disable the film grain effect?

>Get parkour to level 2
>There is a crevice I can go into inside a cave.
Caught me by surprise.

Yeah. Fiddle around in video settings, can't remember the exact one.

It’s provably the Dynamic Resolution option.
No idea how it works because devs made it a fucking slider for some reason.

How much is it on the gayness scale?

The only time in which I experienced really bad lag and performance was in that cave you go to for Vasco's quest. I don't know why, but it fucked me up a for bit during the boss fight because it made slow to roll.

What did you find there user?

I love how I can feel the hard work that the devs put into this. It has soul without being obnoxious indie pixel shit.

What's the level cap, lads? I need to know how many skill/talent points you even get to plan this shit out. Or at least know how many times I'll need to respec to access everything.

0/10. I haven't encountered any SJW bullshit as of yet. People complain about black people in the game, but it's a fucking fantasy world with huge international alliances, slavery and Islam probably didn't happen so the lack of stupid niggers is justified.

No level cap.

where is the 4th note for the professor? where you fight the giant witcher monster boss and then enter its cave

i only found 3

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

Probably in the ruins on the cliff. You can't enter until later in the story.

Same. It’s probably not in that area

I love the way de Sardet open doors. It's just a step below kicking the fucking door in.

Should I play this on Hard or Extreme?

Spoil me, anons. Sardine is half potato? Because they were so "subtle" about it that i think it might be red herring.

Three crates worth of goods for crafting and a wheel cog.

God, I love those clean and sharp early 2000s textures.

If you did the heretics story in Serene you find out they've been to the island before, centuries ago. Sardet is probably a descendant of some locals that was brought back from there.

>wheel cog
Ah is that the miner town cave? Guess you don’t need to craft the cog anymore

>tfw i’m getting all these legendary and epic swords/unique armor that requires stamina etc but all I want are guns/aquabus

During the coin guard coup, is there any way to get the lieutenant on the top floor without him recognizing you?

The two lieutenants in the basement can be dealt with with dialogue checks, but the one on the top floor recognizes you, even when disguised, and goes into combat immediately. Plus, I get a -1 to my coin guard reputation. Is there any way to avoid this?

Attached: 1526621891417.jpg (462x598, 19K)

I feel you user.
Why didnt the natives make legendary guns instead of legendary swords? :(

can I wear frilly dresses in this game?

Nothing stops you from adding guns to your arsenal as a mage to exploit the weakness debuff from Stasis even better.

the weird typing still irritates the hell out of me, but he does it for attention so the best thing to do is just ignore him and remind him Valerie isn't real

Which is the most fun class though????

Trader at the entrance of Hikmet sells good guns.

They were good when I was level 8.
Still stuck with his best gun since then and Im level 21 now and all my other stuff is legendary.

doing a charisma and magic gunner build
so far charisma solves everyfuckingthing

Technical is all about extreme firepower.
Mage makes you a teleporting time controlling monk
Melee is boring

Melee.
Guns/Magic are powerful but it’s mostly m1/hotkey spam.

No I mean say for example the place you kill that miniboss poison titty monster there’s a dead coin guard that had orange unique items and a key. I took the key at the hidden chest and yet again, NO GUNS.
Then there’s the coin arena and you get this crappy legendary 2 handed sword for winning everything which I don’t need.
Who even plays warrior in this game?

i don't see the point of using anything but magic if you spec into magic at all. I've bought everything in the magic tree now and i have no idea what to spend points on because guns/melee seem worthless when i can nuke enemies down in 3 attacks and i don't care about armour (on extreme).

I'll probably just spec into traps/bomb because of lack of anything else.

Also for anyone wondering, there's no 4th tier of Charisma/Intuition, etc, 3 is the cap. So 2 points in Charisma + Cape (or 1 point + Petrus + Cape) means you're capped out, more points do nothing.

Plus areas that require extra climbing, more than the regular ledges or narrow branches across rivers to extra locations.

Also found a place in a small cavern that needed sneak to be able to slide through the gap.

i just like having the gun as a backup

Technical is a solid backup for magic.
Bombs are aoe ranged attacks which is pretty cool.

I respec’d from magic when I left the tutorial area. It seemed strong but pretty boring meanwhile pistol+sword+trap has been much more entertaining.

Lighting Dash and alternative ranged attack benefits pistols way better than melee.

Nope , it will always look like other shitskins from this game

This game is actually really good, I'd say top 100 good actually, totally underappreciated by critics. Only sank in 8 hours in 2 days but when Im not playing I think about playing it anyway.

Attached: NeverExpectThem.jpg (630x447, 103K)

and both of them are poc trash tier

I just like the sword debuff skill you get from that tree. For example renewing poison with each sword hit and not wasting traps for it instead is pretty strong against these huge armor type enemies or even bosses so really magic damage becomes irrelevant.

Besides with magic you to have to switch to the ring to use that dash and I invested in ranged damage not in max mana increase or magic damage increse. Honestly once I go into magic I’ll just use stasis which does complement guns well.

I just picked up the game.
I'm still in the Sérène but I'm finding it quite enjoyable so far, I never heard of the studio and the devs before but it's a fine game, however is it just me or is the game a little unoptimized?
It seems to stutter a little when entering and leaving a building and such.
The environments are beautiful, by the way, my only complaint about the visuals are the really heavy color filters.

Attached: 1566947352771.png (239x372, 128K)

the studio, Spiders, are a french outfit who have mostly made super janky shit before this (Mars War Logs, The Technomancer, etc)

This is the closest to a well polished game they've ever done. I'm proud of them. Very much a AA studio, some french publisher you wouldn't have heard of owns them now

You don’t need alternative ranged attacks once you get science 3. You’ll be swimming in ammo.

Help!

I just talked to Kurt and asked if he ever felt lonely.. then he said i'm not his type? Is there anyway to correct this? I picked the 2nd option btw. Can I romance him? I'm just not seeing what he's not seeing in me.

Attached: 1513629919367.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Oh it was made by the frogs.
I usually don't really trust french titles since I've rarely found them, let's say enjoyable, but this one is pretty good.
Good on them.

Attached: 1558393445835.jpg (385x385, 59K)

>however is it just me or is the game a little unoptimized?
It works fine for about an hour or two and then fps start dropping. I noticed it happens faster when I browse through menus a lot.

Pretty sure Kurt isn't gay

>french studio
>has shit girls
Does not compute

This game is honestly 7-8/10, it's pretty unpolished, but it's unpolished in areas that doesn't really matter that much. It has a ton of great content.

Serene is stutter heaven, but you won't notice it once you get to the island. Also, Serene is just a taste of what the game has to offer.

Eh, I'd the abbo girl and the negress

but can I romance a dude? I was quite disarmed since the first dialogue i had with him was something to do with romance.

Can you even romance in this game or was that just for fluff?

I know the native girl is bi and the black girl is straight, IDK if any of the men bang sticks together

Only thing this game really lacks is an unarmed/brawler skill branch.

Unfortunately that's what most games with melee combat lack.
Caving skulls in with your iron fucking fists.

Far as I gathered, Vasco plays for both teams.
Shame about the unfortunate facial tattoos, though.

Goddamnit, fuck. My piratin' ass be damned, I can't not support underdogs that deliver.

This is the most I've spent on a video game in at least 5 years. Good job, Spiders.

Attached: SIGH FINE.jpg (654x197, 16K)

is there anyway to make the sprint button a tap? i hate having to hold down shift all the time.

also how do I get Kurt to stop saying that i need a potion? he's been spamming it for a while now if he doesnt stop ill drink him instead

So about the coin coup, should i try to wrap up everything else before starting that? Or do things return to normal after it?

Can I make a smooth ass suave rogue?
The aesthetics of this game clearly call for it.

Attached: 1564334582681.png (222x226, 26K)

It's basically a small intermission.

So you know, the order of how you do things during the intermission/lockdown does matter.

So far, playing on Extreme, Aphra >>>>>>>>>>>> every other companion when it comes to combat

With Charisma and Intuition, yes.

How do you use quest keys in this game?
I have the key for the lock in my inventory I just can't seem to use it on the thing I clearly am supposed to.

The merchant camp thing when traveling is the best utilization of a loading screen I have ever seen in a video game.

>oh, the level needs to load?
>here, have a merchant/camp so you can sort your shit out while waiting

You walk up to the thing and it'll say
>[button1] Use Key
>[button2] Lockpick

Father Petrus is great. Dat voice too

Won't that fuck me over in combat though?
I can accept being weak in combat since it's the tradeoff, but I still have nightmares about the sewer section in VtM:Bloodlines thoroughly plowing your boyhole if you made a social oriented character.

Attached: 1565658303210.jpg (1012x1024, 92K)

Just play the game holy fuck

No, Charisma/Intuition don't use the same points as combat points.

I dunno, to me it feels like there is dice roll before every combat and they either get raped or rape regardless of everything else. Extreme becomes piss easy anyway after while.

Nigga just getting an idea for the game, calm down.

It's fine then, thanks.

Thanks found out I'd rebound the use key key

Not at all, it's completely different attributes. Combat has a whole separate skill tree from social skills.

A word of warming, my fellow legates. Around the end of the game Nauts will ask you to investigate spying in their ranks, focused on a girl named Alba. DO NOT PROGRESS THIS QUEST UNLESS YOU FINISHED THE QUEST FOR CONSTANTINE (you'll know which one, about doctors). You'll gain -2 rep with Nauts instead of +2 (and +3 more after finishing the quest).

Attached: image0.jpg (715x671, 60K)

>warming
*warning
The only one warm thing right now is my flaming ass. It took me 4 times of redoing this quest to roll the best ending for it.

your mom was really a prego that the Congregation captured along with other natives. Also Petrus literally knows all of this & doesn't tell you

>around the end of the game
is it really? I feel like i shouldn't even be halfway through the main story and i did that quest ages ago. My current main missions are both investigating a cure for the Malichor, one for Derdre and one for Aphra.

Really? I got the best outcome (i assume, got like +5 Nauts at the end) when i did it with no fucking around.

I suspect the game will follow the same flow as Bound By Flame.
99% is all the prep stuff and then the actual "main part" is just the last 1%1.

Where is torrent.

based village

>use magic
>normal attacks use mp
>skill use mp
>switch to melee
Ok so is magic the most boring part of the game or does it get better? Keep in mind i literally just started. I mean if I'm gonna have to switch from magic to melee then may as well right?

I get that this game is different but I'm really not feeling magic at all? To top it off Kurt keeps asking me to drink a potion im gonna have to dump his ass.

Is ranged combat/gun better? Also the map of this game sucks holy shit. The map would've worked better if it allowed you to display where you are by holding a button instead like Control or a minimap cause that compass is garbage.

Are you sure it's the same quest? Where you need talk to an inquisitor, to go to a cave, and all of that?

Should I play it on hard or normal? I just started and combat is really annoying but not necessarily hard because everyone is so tanky that i run out of energy (DRINK A POTION!) faster than I can kill a single mook and the stasis isn't worth casting because it lasts shorter than it takes to switch targets and get a hit in.

Reminder to put a bit of poison and drink a little potion.

Attached: 1420369313758.jpg (600x450, 57K)

I play on normal, and fights are a breeze after level 10 with the exception of a few ones where I get my shit absolutely pushed in.

Attached: comfy colonial feel.jpg (2560x1440, 1.05M)

magic gets better but the early stuff is shit boring

you need at least one alternative combat skill to pick up the slack when you run out of MP

Hard or extreme

extreme

What game lets me play as an alchemist

Any other games I should play if I love this one?

Attached: mexico_cosplayer_8.jpg (1024x684, 590K)

Yep. All seemed very straight forward. I don't even know how it could be fucked up.

Just get used to chugging MP pots early on, once you get Shadowburst + the magic dodge then it's gg.

Webm related (on extreme), it's every single group combat.

Attached: group combat.webm (800x450, 2.76M)

I want to wipe Siora and her tribe off the map along with every other barbaric savage and steal their riches.
Does the game let me do that?

Attached: Cortes.jpg (660x467, 55K)

Magic is amazing for it's dodge alone. Shadow Dodge is fucking broken and trivialises any boss.

It is. The thing is, if you won't clear out that cave during "help the native doc" questline before doing that quest, you'll find her dead and eaten by animals.

ok im not really into this at all.. it feels like you're just mindless spam + chug mana pots i'm gonna have to reroll to alch build / witcher type at least im gonna have fun

Oh yea, I remember thinking when i was running there 'oh shit she's fucking dead if i hadn't done the other quest'

Look, this is my first time seeing this retard and I've got to say they're a lot more tolerable than some of the retards I've seen.

Honestly, I like such details in game, but this particular one made me think that there's a hidden timer and I'm just too slow.

Melee combat is exactly the same except you have no range and you have to deplete armour first to deal damage.

Magic just bypasses a lot of the jank.

>doesn't once question why they have such a weird birthmark
>didn't further dig as to why everyone, including Constantin, says he/she looks like Siora
>the natives all basically call them a "transplant" in their language
Isn't Sandwich supposed to be a smart diplomat? Theu couldn't put 2 and 2 together themselves?

Attached: EEPMS7ZX4AAr0zZ.jpg (1920x1080, 110K)

>actually playing the game like that
Have some goddamn dignity

Melee/magic build lets you bypass potion chugging for 99% of battles. Get Magic Healing and go nuts on things with melee, then dodge out and heal. You recover magic before needing another heal anyway.

Attached: Cleric Build.jpg (2560x1440, 619K)

>Doesn't question why they have a weird birthmark.
I mean. He lives in a world of magic and could have had a magical birthmark.

>Didn't further dig into why people say he looks like Siora.
>And why natives gave them names.
It was because of the birthmark. They brought it up multiple times saying they call you "X" after seeing your mark.

is ranged/guns better? havent tried it yet.

Will progressing in the main story cancel any sidequests, other than the obvious point of no return when leaving old Selene?
I want to get the two missing companions, but also don't want to mess up and lose a bunch of content.

In my game there has been a bug or something where I had a dialogue option with Mr. Niggerman who travelled with you and Constantin. It was like one of those random "so what is your job here" options but out of the blue they start talking about how you were actually born on the island and your uncle only made your mother take you in. No big revelation or anything. It's like my legate just randomly figured that out for himself without telling me or anyone else in the game about it.

the other option is just mashing melee attack 50 times.

Everything is dead before i run out of mp though

Attached: full magic.png (1784x702, 1015K)

Magic is boring to me. Im not even that far in but magic seems to be the best defensive class in the game by far, but combat is hit dash and shield. My hammer on the other hand is fun and satisfying to use, and i haven't spent a single point on it.

Where do I get pure iron to craft the new cog?

>mage
>has ranged attacks
>has monk-style melee
>has nothen personnel dodge
>has a few stupidly strong spells
>can use leftover points for bombs and guns since there's no hard level cap and you never stop evolving
Can't win over this.

>My hammer on the other hand is fun and satisfying to use

You have no idea how satisfying it becomes if you level it up. Rushing a thief with a power attack and taking half of its HP while sending it flying is glorious.

Guns are do amazing damage, and they're decent at stripping armour too. Traps are even better at armour destruction though and they share the same attribute, so my strategy is to gun down everyone with low armour, trap heavy armour guys/bosses to remove their protection and then gun them down too.
You'll probably want to get to science 2 though to be able to craft tons of traps and bullets cheaply. You can get there without spending any points by combining the science companion bonus with an alchemist outfit.

>if you play games then you necessarily shitpost in the non-general threads on Yea Forums
tripfaggotry aside, is this game any good?

I'm playing kingmaker right now, I like it (especially enjoying the change in scenery from underrail's caves) but goddamn if it crashes.
Haven't had an experience like this (with the crashes) since Morrowind/Oblivion times.

Attached: 1530713474662.jpg (500x500, 54K)

I found it way more entertaining than pure magic just supplement them with traps and stasis.
The only problem you’ll have is early when your science is low and you don’t have many mats or money to buy mats to craft ammo and traps

Where do I find the black follower? I originally wanted to romance the native gal but her "ooga booga where da wite womyn at" way of speaking is making me want to kill her

Attached: kot.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>he needs guns or traps to strip armor

Attached: don't talk to me or my hammer ever again.jpg (2560x1440, 620K)

I don't need either of those things or a hammer since Armour isn't a mechanic if you use magic

>vasco: this is the first time in history when someone dared to attack our ships
The fuck? How? Why? There are no pirates in that world?

Attached: 15265676384270.jpg (720x720, 53K)

That's not even good armour damage, user...
My quality 60 arquebus does 73, but I don't even use it for that because traps do like 5 times as much.

Its a weird world where all the pirates are also the Nauts.

>he doesn’t just kill everything with a poisoned blade

>Sandwich
De Sardine

Did you not catch on to just how fucking frightening the Nauts are?

No?

I don't need consumables to bring justice, though.

You gotta do the Naut quests user, they're essentially the boogiemen of the high seas.

I enjoyed ELEX. Will I enjoy this too?

They're the nicest people I've met on this island.

If you haven't done the quest(s) yet, it's explained/revealed that Nauts have a monopoly on all seafaring technology, such as weather forecasting tools, star readers, fancy compasses, etc.

Non-Nauts know so little about seafaring they think Nauts have their own sea-magic because they refuse to let anyone else know or use their technology.

It's like ten times less janky than elex

Doo Sawdust

they are essentially flying dutchmans of the sea

Yes.
If you can get past it being Eurojank it's a great game, and ELEX is a much higher tier of Eurojank.

can I be epic indian shaman and BTFO white people in this game

How long is the game niggers?

30 to 60 hours depending on how much you roam around and how many sudequests you do.

you can even be a nigger voodoo man user

And I recall one of those names meaning "one who has put down roots elsewhere" or some shit

>stripping armour
literally lmaoing at you right now

Attached: armour.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

anyone?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing for a yurojank

>If you can get past it being Eurojank
m8 I crave yurojank. I'm going to get this and enjoy the hell out of it.

We get it user, you like your nothin personnel skills.

Attached: 1443829355815.png (1032x1023, 118K)

>that spammy lame combat
It looks like if KOEI did a Dark Souls game

I almost feel offended.

Attached: 20190912203546_1.jpg (2560x1440, 419K)

I gave Kurt legendary 2h hammer I found

Good job user.

I CAN'T FIND THE DOOR WHICH THE OLD RUSTY KEY UNLOCKS IN THE RUINS

>using companions that can't use guns
anyone but Vasco and Aphra are actually worthless in combat

>Out of mana after killing 3 overgrown rats.

You kill her later if it makes you feel better

mp pots take half a second to drink and refill it to full

>not soloing every combat and not picking any companions you like
Firearmvirgins, they never change.

Fuck you

I hope this game sells well so we get DLC's and perhaps a sequel.

Attached: 1562775287231.png (489x424, 129K)

Gee I sure hope you guys finished Kurt's first 3 companion quests before telling Constantin about the ruins

Attached: 1563504452017.png (320x320, 128K)

>those low level doggos
I can probably 1 shot each of them with my aquabus at this point

Does he actually betray you during the coup if you don't help him?

If your tolerance is that low then I doubt there are many games out there that you wouldn't enjoy.

Ye

sounds fun.

Yup, the option to spare him after you duel him does nothing either because then he just Cobains himself

>not picking companions based on the people you have to deal with during the quest
OHNONONONONOOO

this is factual

Said it last time and I'll say it again this time
dope cosplay

What a qt

Attached: 20190912205219_1.jpg (2560x1440, 387K)

Did the coup and only Petrus was gratefull for warning his faction even though i send messangers to both, did i fuck up something? Checked on the ottomans and their dude looks ok so i suppuse Aphra just doesn't have dialogue here or something?

HOW DO I DISABLE THIS SCREEN SHAKE/ WOBBLING WHILE MOVING?
WHY THE FUCK IS IT EVEN THERE IN A 3RD PERSON VIEW GAME?????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

She did for me & I never touched her quests

Where is torrent.

rpgsite.net/feature/8981-greedfall-romance-guide

romance guide is out if someone have problems with getting waifu/hubby

is there no full plate armor? All I see is some weird patchwork

Seek the root

How do you get to the Vignamri's village? it seems blocked off from the mining town and ruins.

So how many people on the island knew of Sardine's little secret & were actively hiding it from you? I've only counted 3 so far, the Naut admiral, Petrus & the Mother Cardinal. Am I missing someone?

There is heavy armor (needs endurance 3).

The access is far further to the right on the main road

rarbg.to/torrent/jwr9sno
or google fitgirl+greedfall if you prefer a repack. The repack download isn't that much smaller anyway.

thanks

1337 yes.

He IS wife scholar! (He is! He is!)

I really dislike the combat engagement circle or whatever. I just pushed a miniboss too far, and combat changed to a group of regular mobs that was closeby. It's horrible.

What if - as horrifying as that sounds - there isnt just one Valerie anons but multiple?
And also multiple inca anons?!

>double penetration of a boss with rapiers
>oneshot in a head from the companion after I put an enemy in stasis mode
>"DRINK THE FUCKING POTION YOU FUCKING FUCK"
This shit is why I like games with companions more than solostuff.

Attached: 1523850057530.jpg (1024x673, 49K)

How does it compare to Elex?
GreedFall-HOODLUM

Attached: 1556561612955.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Oh! It's true! It's true! It's real! It's real!

For fuck's sake.

Attached: 68SvgYYcSH.png (581x199, 160K)

FOUND A DARAN PRIMADERAN DAN

It's a fucking sin that the combat music isn't in the soundtrack.

youtu.be/I-lJddv6zvI

Attached: 1558020710191.jpg (357x524, 33K)

>high rep with every other faction but your own

Attached: 1567674950391.jpg (193x245, 10K)

>The game is very positive and selling

Holy shit maybe I will finally buy their game next time

Greedfall didnt have the charm that captured me like in technomancer tho

>beat a gigantic beast at the dock
>everyone acts like it's normal
>let's go on a cruise, boys!
Uhmm? I wish quests were better written...

De Sardine, what the fuck is this

Attached: 5xc7sm3Tmp.png (1003x912, 1.97M)

>only two chicks to romance as a straight dude
>one of them is black so that leaves only one romance option
Fuck

The black girl is better than the ooga booga

>beat a gigantic beast at the dock
>literally fight him 5 seconds after Constantin tells you of rumors of the Nauts smuggling huge beasts aboard their ships
I mean it's not normal but you should've seen it coming

spiked ball puzzle, though I guess they lost the cage

Attached: puzzlehkki_orig.jpg (750x750, 41K)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIII

Doesn't mean you can't act a little shocked and be full of adrenaline after going through what SHOULD be a horrific experience.
Everyone acts like it's just a non-threatening daily occurrence when in the town no one knows about it apart from some allegedly drunken rumours.

Yeah but she’s a niggress so she’s automatically unattractive

In a world of magic and fuckery, it probably equals to one of us killing a gorilla at the local harbor.

So whatcha saying is the we killed Harambe?

Definitely.

Old Studded Curiass being better than Endurance 2 unique armor is pretty wack.

With weapons, when it says that it does "X amount of elemental damage" is that in addition to the regular damage it does? For example, the sword you get at the beginning, since it does 86 elemental damage, and let's say it does 200 regular damage, does that mean that sword does 286 total damage? And follow up question, does that elemental damage ignore armor?

But everyone else IS surprised your cousin is hyped and tells you it was an amazing fight. You on the other hand de sardine the legate of the merchant congregation don’t think much about it because you’re that much of a chad.

>youtu.be/I-lJddv6zvI [Remove]

she looks like a manto me, so I have no choice but go after Siora..

COME CLOSER GOOD PEOPLE

Elemental damage does ignore armor. And once the armor is stripped will deal total damage.

grills get better choices than us. Both Kurt and Visco looks good. We got ugly, black girl and native savage (though quite pretty)

>doing the peace treaty quest
>Ullan turns full jew
>go to confront him
>"lol whatever, here's some rep and xp, ur our fren now"

WHAT

WOW

BULLSHIT

Attached: anger.jpg (250x239, 20K)

>Visco
>looks good

better than that black dude Aphra

Anyone else just steamrolled the whole coin arena other than those lizards with nothing but poison traps? :^)

Gets worse later when you do the quest to find what village your mom is from. Petrus asks you what you think of Ullah & Sardine says "oh he seems nice"

Somehow possible to save Mev?

>protag is a lowborn raised by nobles
>vasco is a noble raised by sailors
Heh.

Ullan is a filthy nigger.
>H-He wasn't going to accept a deal despite going to a peaceful place to discuss things
>W-We hadz to kill him and shit and cut him from the deal

So if a weapon does elemental damage, will it also add the armor damage to armored enemies? Basically, I'm trying to figure out how good the Alchemists Rapier is, when compared to weapons that do more regular damage, but don't have any elemental damage attached.

>tfw learn picrelated
And till this day, I seethe.

Attached: 20190912220722_1.jpg (2560x1440, 852K)

>finally find a new weapon for Kurt to replace his starting one
>it's a big-ass chopper

yesssss

Attached: Kurt's New Plaything.jpg (704x1132, 281K)

Finished it today. Considering I didn't expect too much and didn't pay for it, I wasn't disappointed.

You are a fantastic shitposter & I can't seem to get away from you. 10/10 kys

The character models could've used a little more work, but the environments are absolutely beautiful

>finished Vasco questline
>now i have ugly ass tattoo around my mouth
Well at least we're total bros now.

What is it with all the companion starting getups being +1 lockpicking?

OOOOOIIH, MOII FRIEND!
OOI THANK YOU, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE WELCOME HERE!

Letting you steal it from Kurt for free +1 lockpick

>Stealth is garbage
>Combat is pretty simplistic
>Low enemy variety
>Game just feels sort of janky
WHY THE FUCK DO I LIVE THIS GAME SO MUCH NOTHING ABOUT IT IS THAT GREAT.

It just feels good.

The environments are so fucking good.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 15.37.57.36.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

Too bad there are 3 NPCs living in any giving town and city. The marketplaces are full of abandoned stalls with 1 dude rummaging around like it's some bustling commerce space.

Should I be fighting the cthulhu in the shipwreck at level 12?

I guess I'm in the minority in finding the environments boring.

They're either typical cities for the era or generic island/tribal areas. Nothing stands out or is memorable.

Wal-Mart Novigrad. I guess not bad for 20 person studio.

I mean that's one thing. But Vasco and Petrus also have +1 lockpick bonus on theirs. It's pointless and makes little sense.

Recommend me some games like Greedfall.

Attached: DlO08UQXsBAzmHj.jpg (900x1200, 128K)

There's 1 Novigrad in Witcher 3, but there's like 3 major cities in Greedfall.

You're the legate from the moichant's conglomerat? Oy vey!

Is it wise to put any points into Endurance for a gunner/trapper character?

It's comfy and not soulless

Almost like it's meant to be a colonial setting and not final fantasy

Will there be dlcs for this game?

>it's meant to be boring
It has mystical voodoo shit it just barely does anything with it and so the natives are the most generic tribal people you can get

unga bunga peace now or die

Attached: GreedFall 2019-09-12 15-56-45-69.jpg (3840x2160, 2.07M)

Hopefully, this looks like a game that would really benefit from it.

>the entire game is literally just The Sardine doing his/her job

huh

How are the romances?

Attached: 1566405188110.gif (220x146, 894K)

where do you get the recipe or whatever to repair the bells for the great hunt?

Any word on a GOG release?

Attached: a713fbd098d2bb43.png (802x767, 565K)

A locked chest, they key is to the elft of the chest.

Puzzle to the drums is bug, frog, snake.

A bit of poison on my blade AND LETS GO

I miss you, valanon. Bring back the the Kingmaker general.

Attached: 1567885237523.jpg (300x286, 31K)

Oxenfurt is also in The Witcher 3 and both of those cities have an enormously large number of people compared to the dead cities in this game.

You have superior taste, valanon.

THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET DICEY

The combat is passable, the cities are eerily and jarringly dead and boring, but the story and writing are as close to old Bioware that we're getting.

Yo where do I find a ruby, lads. Or for that matter any of the other trinket components; all I really want is to have some disposable clothing boosting relevant skills.

Jesus fuck, last time I saw this number of corpses in a video game was in Spec Ops: The Line.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 16.06.07.25.jpg (2560x1440, 1.48M)

I've seen him in FFXIV threads as well.
He want a CUTE and HAPPY Alisaie WIFE.

Attached: 1567193294716.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

>general on /vg/ for a singleplayer game

I never understood this. There are only so many things you can do when other humans aren't involved.

Doing this mission at night is even better.

The treasure note directions are so vague

So is this as bad as The Technomancer? I like that they seem passionate about making RPGs where you can really build your character how you want, but the game was so fucking boring and janky.

What the the general consensus about this game here? Worth playin?

Attached: Screenshot_20190911014435_Gallery.jpg (639x723, 309K)

Worth pirating and buying when it's $2 on sale and then smugly posting what a saint you are for supporting the small dev studio.

the character building/combat is not worth talking about. The combat is Witcher 3 but a little worse and the character building is just would you like to focus on guns/traps, melee or magic (magic is just projectiles, some aoe damage and a freeze).

The saving grace of the game is how doing quests before others, or the way you do certain quests, effects the outcome/progress of other quests. Other than that the game is mediocre in all ways.

Gee, I fucking wonder, since Yea Forums has been having constant threads about it since it released.

Attached: 1562668705924.jpg (611x548, 69K)

their founder became a senile old man and pray to the savages god.

Attached: 20190912_242175015.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

what is that supposed to mean

Yea Forums has threads about games i think are garbage/mediocre all the time

Yea Forums has constant threads about games it hates too. Note all the Celeste SJW boogieman threads.

>get patent for savage merchant
>be 10 seconds gone
>come back to savage merchant
>savage merchant's cousin has been taken
>go to the dumb guard AGAIN
>savage cousing has to fight in an arena for his life
You can't make this shit up. This is so stupid.

I dunno seems like good world building too. And the fact no one faction is shown to be outright evil is pretty good for vidya.

Point taken, but how much bitching do you see in these threads in comparison to when garbage games are discussed?

New serene is a shithole and I still can’t figure out if the coin quartermaster is just incompetent or is in cahoots with the rest with the fantom batallion

>character building is just would you like to focus on guns/traps, melee or magic
You can effectively mix and match whatever you want from these, though.

post squads

Attached: squad.jpg (631x665, 126K)

>This is so stupid.
Not really. Also 1 second in our world = 1 Minute in their world. So you were gone like 30 minutes to an hour

i mean you can but it's not effective.

Let's not pretend that the majority of complaints about games on this board is from agenda shitposting from one/both sides, or console war garbage.

A game not having many complaints just means it's inoffensive to SJW drama, is a multiplat and isn't high profile.

The game is massively underrated, and unfairly panned by critics all across the board, not to mention the shit muh colonialism review that lowered the overall metacritic score for no other reason than political views.

Common criticisms:

>Poor lip syncing
Personally I didn't notice it and don't care about this much, Fable is one of my favorite games of all time and every character in that game looks like he's chewing bubblegum.

>Voice acting
Voice acting is completely fine to me, takes a while for some of it to sink in though but after 10 hours it starts to feel natural.

>Combat
Combat is like Assassins Creed, which is a huge plus to me because I hate the combat in Witcher-like games.

>Bugs
Never noticed anything that in any way kept me back from enjoying the game.

>Reuses too many of its own assets
True but overblown, especially the people saying all the cities look the same. All the cities look and feel different and I could definitely tell where I was. The same characters do tend to pop up again and again in different places, but it's just something I noticed and not something that broke the game for me.

>Socio-political landscape of colonialism isn't done well
You're a rich and influential diplomat, with both a positive and a negative trait to you, which you will find out about while playing.
This means that you have a special position nobody else has, and makes you as a player question things. A lot of things you do don't actively change the story, but the story sort of enfolds around you and directly challenge what you as a player are probably feeling.
If you can get used to this kind of Bioware storytelling or love it already, then this is not a complaint.

>The game is dialogue heavy
Huge plus because storytelling is the reward, and not XP, useless quest items, or other manipulative quests clearly preparing you to face any followup quests.

Attached: KaneRoss.jpg (480x360, 53K)

the combat is literally just Witcher 3 with less options

>Storm uses fury and not magic

Attached: dafuq.jpg (350x350, 54K)

Doesn’t it have technically more options?

Attached: questions.jpg (1920x4132, 1.23M)

The power of butthurt.

What I mean I’m doing gun plus various traps then I branched over to magic and get spells there like stasis and heal etc.
Your character in the end seems to have way more abilities compared to geralt in each build.

I'm just glad the quests are actual fucking quests and not just fetch x and bring it back.

And I hate the combat in Witcher 3, it doesn't give me enough control about what way I attack, and where, it's a bit floaty, especially when I come from games that heavily rely on their combat to be good.

Greedfall is a lot less bombastic and combo-heavy, which instantly makes it better and more streamlined than Witcher 3's combat.

80% of the quests are just a combination of
>talk person
>charisma bypass
>talk to another person
>intuition/charisma check
>go to location and collect [thing(s)]
>talk to original person
like sure they're not just collect 8 bear paws and turn them in but in terms of gameplay they're very uninspired.

>tfw wanted to (finally!) start Kingmaker but decided to postpone it
>so I could play a game (Greedfall) with Yea Forums for the first time in my life

This is exactly why I could never get into the The Witcher games, this game went for quality over quantity when it comes to its quests, and it certainly shows.

Every quest is like a little pulpy story, it's not Planescape levels of writing, but its certainly up to Bioware levels before Bioware became a shit company.

yeah and you get a lot of worldbuilding that way

Pointless argument because you're just reducing the game's basic storytelling down to its mechanics.

This is DOOM:
>Shoot things
>Get a key
>Next level

>have to choose to either help native rebels or alliance
Fug, what about my diplomacy.

that is basically doom though and the act of shooting things is the fun part, for those who enjoy it

Unless you find the story/world super interesting, you won't like greedfall because what i described is actually how the game plays, mostly.

Native rebels all the way so you can suck up to your QT native waifu.

just tell them that you are the legate of the congregation

Is 1-2 in endurance worth it on gun characters? Or just stay squishy and go Agility/Accuracy?

I also like them more than the ottomans, but i was hoping to get everyone friendly and this quest seems to shit all over my plans. Doesn't help the alliance has very little quest as it is. Unless there more to come still.

I'll give you that, if you don't like Greedfall's story or dialogues, I definitely see you hating this game and quickly get bored.

But that's usually what us Euros do with our games and why we call it eurojank. The game has a very big hook that stands out, and if you don't like it then the game just becomes horrid trash because everything else suffered under it.

I maxed out accuracy first which I think is a must might go with endurance next since armor doesn’t effect how slow or fast you are

Is it worth the money?
How bad is the lack of enemy variety?
How bad are the reused assets?

Attached: 1537691889882.jpg (1080x1080, 188K)

Reminder that Petrus is the most awesome old uncle you could ever have

I keep getting hardcore fps dips in the towns, I can run every other game at Ultra 60 fps but not this one, I can't deal with shit optimization of this level

The black characters sound extremely white. Like the voice doesn't suit the character.

>black
>Fantasy world Arabs/Turks/Moors

You're saying Moors aren't black?

I'M SORRY, I DON'T THINK I INTRODUCED MYSELF, I AM IMPORTANT MAN/LADY OF IMPORTANT MERCHANT GUILD

DIPLOMACY

Are you saying all/majority of Moors are black?

Yeah.

Hello my name is sardine and I am the legate of the merchants congregation. Don’t mess with me or you will have to deal my uncle who is a prince.
>passes 50% charisma check

>Games are only fun to those who enjoy them
What the fuck makes drooling morons like you even type out these completely empty posts in the first place?

That is legitimately how 90% of diplomacy was done in those days.

>fail charisma check
>-1 reputation with the merchants congregation
AAAaAaAaAaaaaaaaaa

Does anyone actually bother to try blocking/parrying when you can just roll your troubles away?

>fails 25% charisma check
>manipulates time to go back and say the same thing over and over
>it works
should've had pre-rolled charisma checks

WHERE'S RECRUIT WILHELM

Enjoy the game, user.

Yes. Many attacks have multiple damage frames, and dodging only makes you immune to them for a short while, leaving you open to the rest. Blocking makes you completely immune to the full attack, and if you time it properly you get a parry which inflicts damage and builds even more fury.

The trick is to get a bunch of balance so the big animal attacks and musket shots don't knock you flat on your ass when you block them.

At night training

I don't know why you boiled it down to that when 'unless you enjoy these non-gameplay related things enough to overlook/ignore the actual gameplay of the game you will not enjoy it' is what i actually said.

I doubt you'd enjoy Greedfall since you clearly struggle to process dialogue.

*facepalm*

I showed up there and it says he died

lmao i seriously hope when you were at the point where you had to arrest the leaders and save wilheim you didn't arrest the leaders first

I like the aesthetics.

Attached: 606880_20190911115957_1.jpg (2560x1440, 2.31M)

I like how there’s dark when it’s actually dark and you have to use the lattern otherwise you don’t see shit

You can dodge and sidestep completely. Most attacks, while they have multiple frames, are almost always in the same direction. You can sidestep them or roll away to ignore possible aoe.

lantern*

War.. war never changes.

Attached: 606880_20190911154723_1.jpg (2560x1440, 2.65M)

Am I the only one who, when going to a new zone, has to explore every nook and cranny of the map to make sure it's 100% unlocked before actually going to the main quest objective?

Any masochist out there who beat the coin arena boss with nothing but a melee weapon?

This game bombed right?
Mediocre, bad press, too close to wow classic and now Borderlands 3 just release...

Nah I do that too explored the two zones as much as I could before going to bridge alliance city.

>"""Cyberpunk"""
I like you Valeriefag, but you're wrong about trannypunk.

kek it might’ve sold more than gears akchually

>Stygian game user
>Disco Elysium game
What games?

What! You ARE a big faggot user! (You are! You are!)

the other 10% was blackmail
based Petrus

>Buy the four-barrel pistol
>Everything just fucking dies
lmao
I'm sure it won't last for long before I have to upgrade again, but man it's fun.

4u

>People bought this game
>"People" on Yea Forums bought this game
>500 posts
Holy shit, this really is Yea Forumseddit

Attached: 1407800502192.jpg (720x480, 27K)

I want to play with the minimum hud but I'd get so fucking lost and keep opening up my map.

Attached: 606880_20190910200348_1.jpg (2560x1440, 3.56M)

SHUT UP SAVAGE

>borderlands 3 will be shit
>GoW confirmed shit
>people got bored of classic after a week
Doesn’t have much of a competition really

Worse, I bought it full price and am currently 12 hours in and really enjoy it.

You're just scared of missing out, and you are!

Attached: 51614156.jpg (530x621, 35K)

Should I get it if I loved dragon age origins?

Attached: 1559240748981.jpg (1080x1080, 109K)

>not liking shitty sjw """rpgs""" makes you a faggot
Valerieanon, what are you trying to pull here?

>>people got bored of classic after a week
NOOOO dont say that

Attached: 1549852487469.jpg (1080x1020, 131K)

>bought
no
>a Spiders game is reddit
no

I bet you think everyone should've saved their money for Badass™ Borderlands™ 3™ you giant faggot.

This, how fucking dare you faggots play and talk about vidya on Yea Forums - random.

So, /pfkmg/ is gone for good?
It was a comfy and pleasant general. I'll miss it.

Attached: 78976.jpg (680x523, 39K)

Just found out you can spy on people

Attached: 20190912221143_1.jpg (1600x900, 456K)

Not only did I buy it, I bought it AFTER having played the pirated version for like 10 hours.

why is it gone

You shouldn't get it because it's a good game and judging by that picture, you have crippling shit taste.

NANI

yo you fucking wot

Can only talk about something for so long before you end up like any bioware game general or gachashit and just ramble on about how much you love your waifu

Where to get Comfy vests for servant disguises?

What makes it a good game exactly?

just sneak around the servants and you don't have to

CC is barebones, ain't really any waifus to speak of

New thread:

My dick in your mom haha gottem
jk think of it as gothic in fantasy colonial setting. You'd properly like it.

That's why we like it. Read the dialogue user, you don't skip it do you?