THIS GAME IS TOO HARD

THIS GAME IS TOO HARD

Attached: 590e6f565bafe34d9c0dd589.jpg (323x433, 41K)

l2drive lad.

hes not wrong about the game being hard though

Stop taking corners at a million miles an hour.

if you're trying to play this game like need for speed, don't do that. keep practicing and don't give up. you can do it.

Attached: 1543376662479.jpg (974x738, 81K)

yeah it is, i bought the lancia and can't even get that old beast around the first corner

>decide to just change to automatic and come back later
>can't change transmission mid race
>can't quit out without taking a huge shit all over my stats

game aint for chumps, glad i didn't buy it last week and got it free instead

If you keep practicing you will reach a state of pure nirvana. This is literally one of the best racing games ever made, and the tracks could possibly be THE best.

I really liked when I played this on my PoS4 but stopped because I felt like I was missing out not playing with a wheel.

Its the only racing game I ever had fun with, there is nothing more fun than speeding down difficult tracks at suicidal speed

Attached: 1484423314155.jpg (720x960, 167K)

Slow the hell down. Drive like a bitch, do all your braking before you turn in and get back on the throttle when it's safe like you're on a track. Once you can get through a course in one piece consistently, start pushing the boundaries you just practiced and unlearn them as you get faster and faster until you learn a new way of driving, that is proper rallying. There is a Taoist saying: The unlearned sees the trees as trees and the mountains, the learned no longer sees the trees as trees and the mountains as mountains, and the master once again sees things as they are. All steps are necessary, don't be discouraged.

Also do not touch anything Italian until you're better, just trust me on this. The Delta S4 is the car that killed group B for being such a mad shitbox, they are not starter cars. Find something AWD and preferably made after the year 2000 to begin with.

Attached: 1483698867494.jpg (1920x1080, 571K)

heres what I learned in 4 months
>master feather acceleration
>counter steering is your best friend
>play with all the babby options turned off , automatic , traction control, abs, only cockpit view
>start with FWD , 4DW because it takes a while to master RWDs
im not gonna tell you the sweet spot , the technique of a perfect cornering because its much more satisfying to figure it out yourself

don't cut

i only chose it because i had to choose a shitty 60s car, initially i went straight for the AWD monsters but you get like 50k and they are like 200k

Satisfying as fuck once you've got it down though. I love DR but I'm too busy and tired for vidya, and it's not really something you can pick up and put down casually. Really demands practice and attention from you (but that's a good thing in an industry full of hand holding)

>911 in the wet
>911 in the dirt
>911 in Argentina at night
There can be no hope in this hell. No hope at all.

Attached: 20190301190905_1.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

GTAV playes be like
>They cars are handling like cars!

I can play this game just fine and do well enough after accepting my mistakes, however Sweden is actually absolutely fucked up

Attached: fuck.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

>tap brake pedal once to get through most corners because gravel grip is nearly unlimited in both directions
>full throttle works just fine, throttle modulation not needed unless RWD
>suspension bottoms out regardless of spring and damper settings, secondary jumps that defy logic
>only thing limiting the speed at which you can drive is bumps and moon physics
>pacenotes all over the place in terms of accuracy and timing
>finland kills tires through sheer willpower
Sure it's hard when you start off and slam into every corner at overspeed, but the second the retarded quirks of the physics engine become apparent the challenge vanishes into thin air.

Almost forgot the most important design feature
>concrete track edges making your car fly into stratosphere while flipping around multiple times

It is supposed to be hard. Once you learn it is really fun.

no

>>suspension bottoms out regardless of spring and damper settings
This shit pisses me off in Sweden and Argentina. I ended up going full trophy truck and running positive camber and "long travel" on most my suspensions there because I gave up trying to reason with those fucking maps

Attached: 20190411162416_1.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

Looking back at 250+ hours of DR1 the only actual challenge is managing what little time you spend on the ground for steering. Full attack in Finland is just a matter of "I wonder if my car goes into terminal oversteer on the first or second bounce-back this time around"