FATES WRITING WAS ON PAR WITH MOST OF THE SERIES AND PEOPLE ONLY HATE ON FATES INSTEAD OF OTHER FE GAMES STORIES...

FATES WRITING WAS ON PAR WITH MOST OF THE SERIES AND PEOPLE ONLY HATE ON FATES INSTEAD OF OTHER FE GAMES STORIES BECAUSE ITS POPULAR TO DO SO

Attached: 5EF82674-2B4F-4548-B3F4-81485AD09673.gif (200x200, 94K)

there there weeb
there there

I agree with op, fire emblem isnt known for story telling

no, fates is really really bad. the GBA fire emblems are just forgettable

Never played Fates because of NoA.

Same

It's worse. But every FE story is subpar and people who are focused on story in fucking FE are the LCD.

revelations was the only fire emblem entry i hated, and i'll give you a hint, it wasn't just for the writing.

Fate's story isn't totally bad, but it suffers from a lot of retard moments, which is pretty glaring since most FE games play it pretty safe with the story. The underdeveloped characters and Corrin being a self-inset doesn't help it much either. Robin gets away with it by having an actual personality since his story is so simple, while Byleth gets away with it by being a complete blank slate. Plus the whole two versions thing was stupid. The music and gameplay are pretty good tho and some of the characters are good

Attached: 1551452077050.png (1280x800, 853K)

Fates had probably the shittiest writing I have ever witnessed in a video game, and I mean that.

Am I misremembering or does every post awaking game ends with the same lame ass power of friendship anime troupe?

Dude magical city of drop dead
Dude the continent of????
Dude you totally cant tell its azura under that veil
Dude magical barrier that males you not wanna fight
Dude create a giant war for some old man to sit on a chair
Dude you get to fuck your cousin

You’re right OP, Fire Emblem never had a good game and the writing has always been embarrassingly bad.

FE4 blows fates out of the fucking water.

i was in agreement with you until i played cold steel 2

DUDE LET’S JUST GENOCIDE THIS COUNTRY I’M SURE MY DAD WHO JUST TRIED TO KILL ME WILL CHANGE HIS WAYS AND BECOME GOOD

i don't remember the power of friendship in three houses, i do remember killing your friends tho.

they all have moments of shittiness but Fates is a constant stream of retarded moment after retarded moment. Not to mention how hyped up the story was with how they hired that "professional writer"
it has far more to do with dashed expectations than hating because it's popular

I finished Conquest about a month ago and I agree it felt on par with Awakening. I’m about halfway through Shadows of Valentia right now and it blows Fates and Awakening’s writing out of the water.

Awakening and Birthright are the best FE games.

Best girl, worst story. To this day I still haven't finished Conquest

Attached: 1521664307069.png (1280x1280, 933K)

Conquest has some of the best gameplay in the series.

WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS DANCER???

N-NO IT'S UNFAIR IT'S SHIT THE NINJAS RAPED ME

Fates writing was bad on a whole new level.

I agree but that doesn't really redeem it when I don't feel motivated to start the next chapter

Attached: mfw-an-american-was-fat-near-me.png (512x512, 87K)

awakening is far more popular but it's actually good so

this is something that fate apologists will never understand.

>Forgetting Claude's sick ass friendship speech

Imagine defending CQ's story Jesus fuck.

I've never played any FE other than Three Houses, but I can't take the FE community seriously after they told me 3H had a good story and it ended up being one of the most disjointed, unfinished, poorly paced stories I've ever experienced.

i'm currently doing a GD run, i'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I've played most fire emblems and rarely feel super invested in the story or characters. 4 being an exception.

bruh the magical land that gives you cancer if you speak about it outside
lets just dont say anything instead of bringing the siblings there and explaining the situation

chapter 10 is a flawless map in every way. you are given exactly enough resources to win without casualties. you are forced to use the ballistas or die. and then the moat drains? fucking sublime

THE LANDMASS OF FATESLANDIA

You're right. I hate the story of ALL FE equally. But what I hate more is the trash gameplay that should have evolved a long time ago. The stiff animations, the over reliance on RNG for level ups and no way to try to mitigate RNG outside of terrain for a slight hit percent difference.

>but it's actually good so

Attached: 1405890519827.png (396x468, 331K)

Genealogy of the Holy War had, and still has, the best story and worldbuilding of any Fire Emblem game period.

If anything could make me buy a Switch, it'd be an Echoes-style Genealogy remake.

Attached: D9jEudHU0AAPD66.jpg (611x696, 44K)

>Thinking it was the power of friendship when it was actually the power of TRICKED shooting an arrow vertically

>FATES WRITING WAS ON PAR WITH MOST OF THE SERIES AND PEOPLE ONLY HATE ON FATES INSTEAD OF OTHER FE GAMES STORIES BECAUSE ITS POPULAR TO DO SO
I'm not going to say Fire Emblem has always had great stories but there's a difference when the game puts so much emphasis on its story vs when the story is just window-dressing for the battles.
Fates would have been better if it had a boring story in the background with great gameplay than an actually stupid and bad story that spends a ton of time on plot events with great gameplay.

Whoever told you that is new like you, or is just a storyfag that loves FE4. People have been saying 3H is nothing special for awhile now but you fell for the honeymoon hype in this drought.

while understandable, some people need slightly more motivation to play something other then "i like the gameplay"

and honestly its not like i can't get turn based gameplay elsewhere that offers more then just its gameplay.

>Dude the continent of????
Fateslandia

Birthright's story was alright but Conquest was noticeably retarded. I don't usually care that much for shitty stories in games, but Conquest's story actually dragged down my enjoyment of the game.
The only way I began to tolerate the story was when I just saw it as Corrin being a warmonger who wanted endless conflict.

why was thracia's writing so shit?

Fat land

>warmonger who wanted endless conflict
>cries a river whenever anyone, be they friendlies or enemy combatants, dies

Shut up Ninja

i teleport u

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1201x720, 61K)

>Flame Emperor
>Major and Minor Holy Birthmarks
>Legendary Weapons of Ancient Heroes
>Dark Cult pulling the Strings
>Dark Cults want awake their champion
>Old Friends in combat

Oh yea, I think the BBQ is making a comeback

Attached: Arvis.png (1600x1920, 431K)

If the game is to be believed nobody dies in Fates at all, apart from the fish and Ryoma. Can't have the peaceloving notjapanese people get killed by foreign invaders, after all!

Dont give a shit about the story. The story in fire emblem is usually boring anyways. What i do give a shit about is the awful characters in fates. There were a few i liked but shit camilla and corrin were horrible. This mother fucker just casually decides to go along with killing his siblings for either side then on the near unplayable because its so boring birthright path it turns out that hoshido arent even your fucking family and you just killed all your family you hrew up with and love because some niggers knew yiu as a small baby for a few months. What the fuck is this game?

No, it's bad even for the series. The supports are OK for the most part though.
Fates is mostly held up by gameplay. I'm a massive fatesfag and even I know this.

Attached: stupid bitch.png (400x410, 3K)

>If the game is to be believed nobody dies in Fates at all, apart from the fish and Ryoma
And the foxes, inexplicably

There was also the, uh, that wyvern rider broad. Can't blame you for forgetting her though, I don't remember what was her deal either, aside from getting beheaded.

>people waifu the character that gets shafted on the other routes

real headscratcher for me

Fates' writing but Conquest on Lunatic was very based.
>Fates pair up
>knives
>spirit magic
very cool.

>baby dimension
>>>>>good writing

Rev was a bad game, no one praises it

The reason corrin is so boring and inactive is because the original script made by a mangeki never included corrin or the yato.

Lol no. Corrin is probably the stupidest character in the series. The siblings are pretty weak and unbelievable aside from Takumi. The Nohr story would have been decent if they had gone the route of challenging their father they knew was evil and being exiled, rather than fighting a war they knew was wrong.

It also had that cringe headpatting shit. I'll give it this though, the variety of its classes was the best out of any FE game. Three Houses is close, but lacks unique mounts like the chinese dragon puppet.

That azura thing actually makes sense. Corrin never heard her sing lost in thoughts as a human, he also maybe saw her hair color but he was very far away, about a lap pool distance away from her or more because she was on the stage so its not likely he would see her face or her build. Even if he saw her build and recognizes the voice its a city of singers and dancers, they probably look alike and have similar talent to azura. Afterwards he remarks that It was possible that it was azura but he trusts her to much to straight up accuse her. I never got why spergs hate this scene so much

I played only Awakening, story, writing and characters were so fucking bad that I am afraid to even try Fates

I couldn't care less about the story in a Fire Emblem game. Even at its best, it's just trite and boring and with an inexcusable amount of exposition.

>Gets the fucker that writes for Senran Kagura
There's your problem.

The point of fighting hoshido was to end the war with as few deaths as possible and get garon to sit on the throne. Corrin never seriously planned to assassinate garon until he saw the slime monster in the crystal ball. Until then he was just following orders and trying not to die, but still wanted to preserve as much life as possible

The professional writter entered a script that intelligent systems changed. Corrin wasnt in the original script of the game
Theres a slog of like 4 maps in a row in cq end game that just suck. Wind tribe, kitsune lair, takumi chapter, sakura chapter. All shit, but then the gameplay gets pretty fun and challenging again

>DUDE NOT-EUROPE IS MORDOR AND NOT-JAPAN IS HEAVEN ON EARTH
>DUDE YOU'RE NOT EVEN RELATED TO YOUR "REAL" FAMILY IN HOSHIDO
>DUDE YOUR NOHRIAN FATHER TRIED TO KILL YOU TWICE BUT THAT'S OK BECAUSE THIS TIME HE'LL LOVE YOU FOR SURE
fates was a mess, can't believe that the FE game with the best gameplay had to be with the worst story in all of video games

The great wall of Takumi is one of the best chapters in the game though

Attached: c82.png (1007x261, 440K)

>awakening timetravel paralogues
>good writing

Sakura's chapter being easy is a good thing, not all chapters have to be hard especially during endgame

I found it pretty bland. You just fly across the gap and tank arrows until you can player phase the top side of the wall. Maybe its better if you play it the long way but ive always found that one to be a bad map.

>corrin being a self insert bad
He wasnt even a self insert he was just customizable. He had his own personality (regardless if whether you like it or not its still a personality) and thoughts independent of the player. Its this disconect between thinking hes supposed to be (you) and the fact that hes his own character is what fucks people up

I didnt like the constant debuff launcher and the ping ponging dragon vein aspect at all. Theres also too many reinforcement spawns on that map really early so its paced weirdly because both sides need to advance but you still have to ping pong to move forward. Idk if im making any sense but it was just a bad map and felt too restrictive in gameplay to me

I bet you rescue cheese conquest endgame too

>Corrin wasnt in the original script
Youre thinking of Hinoka. The only thing they kept from the original was that the main character was part of both families

Relative to baby time chambers, yes

>Fatesbashing threads barely alive anymore, people even reasonably criticize the game in the same post as saying what they liked about it
Did 3h save not only the franchise but also the fanbase?

No, corrin was not in the original story submitted for fates and was added by IS. I know hinoka was too but thats not the point. Every notice how leo does literally everything that seems like it would involve a choice in this game? Cyrkensia, killing zola, killing iago, killing shura, saving kaze and rinkah, etc. ever notice how corrin doesnt do anything? Its because corrin wasnt the main character or even in the script at all.

Nah, we're too busy either bashing or defending that edelgard bitch now.

The story in Fates is shit and the characters are irredeemably retarded. It's just that more people have probably accepted the fact that FE has always had stories that were mediocre at best with flat, uninteresting characters that are quickly shoved into the background.

Do you have a source to back this information up with? First ive heard of it and I liked the game and keep up with this sort of stuff

All of that stuff just seems like stuff to flesh out Leo's character with and makes sense that Corrin wouldn't given when he has the choice in Birthright he doesnt kill Zola

>three houses gameplay and story is so bad that all the discussion is just memes and the only serious discussion that takes place about the games in the series now are fe6 threads.
We did it 3h! We saved the fanbase!

Attached: 5F9B3F07-D5DB-4BB6-9D22-002826E08604.jpg (600x800, 88K)

>fe6
>serious discussion
But fe6 is almost the same exact story as fe1, except with a worse villain.

I found the info on a reddit thread linking a chans post about the original script and anons were translating the words to try and find a name for the continent. They found that in the script for route 1 (conquest) kamui or corrin doesnt appear once. Its already known that the scripts given to IS were 500 pages long so it was very impressive that the name didnt show up once in the entirety of conquest. I wish i could link the thread but its not accessible anymore and the link in the reddit comments doesnt work.

t. fat retards who cry about anime titties

Every time fe6 autists makes a thread it hits like 300 replies with ltc autists, fe 6 gods, tier lists, mechanic discussion, defining terms in the series, quantum early promotion theoretical physics lectures, etc

Fates had like 2 games to buy and then some third game too? That they clearly didn't explain well enough. Wtf was that third game?

Holy fuck imagine spending 150 bucks on 1 Fire Emblem entry

Don't forget fetuber cocksucking.

It had three versions, you buy either Birthright or Conquest and can buy the other two digitally for 20 each, so 80 for the three paths. I got over 500 hours in total so I think it was worth it even if the setting and plot was garbage. I liked the gameplay that much. Could never beat Conquest Lunatic, though.

Says people who have played nothing but the 3DS games, conquest is held up by some pretty great maps but it's dragged down by literally everything else. It's a shame it could have been one of the greats.

Revelations was the canon route which was stupid because revelations single handedly ruined fates.

Even as one of the very few people who actually like and defend fates, i cant excuse the story in conquest like holy shit lilith dying is the dumbest scene I have ever witnessed in videogames

I've only played Awakening and Fate and if Fate is on par with the rest of the series, I have no intentions of ever playing the series again.

You forgot the magical crystal ball that reveals Garon is evil one time and breaks

it is fine to have a shit story when fates gameplay was perfect

i cannot say the same about 3 houses

How's the gameplay though?
For reference my favorite is Radiant Dawn

3H is quality it just needs lunatic to actually introduce a challenge, if it does then we're gucchi.

>perfect
It had some really severe flaws, user.
Weapons for starters.

On what aspect? Fates has the worst world building and writing in the series, even worse than FE1 on the NES.

weapon durability is a meme but how fates handles weapon ranks is shitty

I wonder if the original script was any good or not. It's easy to assume it all got fucked up in the conversion to game, but I wonder if they were working off of a poor base to begin with.

Believe it or not a bad story can actually effect the gameplay.

The school hub system is fun on a first playthrough then quickly becomes tedious and should have been replaced by a menu for subsequent playthroughs. The class change system is alright but master classes kinda suck because paladins are objectively better for physical horses than any master class for physical horses and gets a better skill set just as an example. The passing tests thing is also really stupid and introduces rng to a mechanic that really doesnt benefit from being rng. The mounted units are extremely broken and batallions are a bit unfair. The new weapon durability system is dumb and so is the new forging system. Theres lots of flaws but maybe you will find the game fun. I cant enjoy it anymore after my first playthrough but tbf that first playthrough was lik 8/10

Even Japan hates Corrin (male), female gets a pass for being so incredibly naive.

anime website

Not them but Fates didn’t censor anime titties, NoA changed all the dialogue and even replaced an entire S-link with the ninja (or was it the candy thief? been too long) to “...” “...” “...”
They wrote whatever they wanted and the backlash was part of what brought about the Treehouse purge.

>Nohr is a death world where nothing grows and they're attacking Hoshido so they don't starve
>This is only revealed on the Birthright route
>Along with some massive underground society full of resources where Elise goes to LARP as a flower girl
>Leo can also just grow shit with his tome whenever he wants
Fates is a special kind of retarded

Attached: D3RvP0BXoAAFa74.jpg (500x500, 49K)

the dlc time travel one was solid
could've been darker though

It was one of the Beruka and Saizo supports that was changed to literally nothing but "......" for no fucking reason.

Attached: 1551252645293.jpg (748x1284, 277K)

I never understood why people praised the characters and links in these games when a character shows up for just 1 mission and then has the stupidest dialogue with a unit that they marry

The outline of the story is actually very decent, good even. The problem is that the story doesn't do the outline any justice. It needed to be gray morality with both sides having pros and cons, be justified in some way, and instead it was plainly "glorious nihon good, evil gaijin bad".

The story suffered a lot when they split the game into two separate games because both Birthright and Conquest make an effort to try and sell you the other route as hard as they can. Overall all the tragedies in the story basically boil down to "Buy the other route to save them, goym". True ending where everyone lives being DLC is proof of this.

I don't remember if it was Treehouse themselves or one of their twitter friends, but the justification was literally "we thought ninjas staring at each other and not talking was funnier than whatever was actually written."

I really wish to know what happened here. Like, how did this even come to be. What was going on in their heads while they were "working" on this.

Attached: 1533303802508.jpg (1174x1149, 161K)

I was worried that they'd pull the same stunt with 3 Houses but that actually turned out pretty good.

It has been a long time meme in the fanbase that "wouldn't it be funny if two quiet characters, like Jaffar and Volke, to have a support that was nothing but elipses?". Threehouse tried to make that meme a reality at the expense of probably the best singular support conversation in the game.

IIRC Fates combined with them fucking up another game caused a policy change where they have to get dev approval for localisation changes instead of just doing their own thing.

This is painful to read.

Attached: 1565342394619.png (590x442, 280K)

>I wonder if the original script was any good or not.
I wonder that, too, but it can't be worse than what we got.

I refuse to believe that's what happened because the B support starts like the C support actually happened. It has to be a placeholder they forgot to fill in, which isn't any better but it's a different, more believable kind of stupid.

The fanbase translated the game like 3 months before the acrual release with most of the dialogue translated through a patch + pastebins.

It's not that much different actually, besides a few meme personalities here and there. Probably the two characters who got it the worst were Effie and Soleil.

It's funny, if there was one game that would actually hugely benefit from a complete rewrite it would be Fates, but they managed to anger people who already thought the script was bad. Then again, I doubt they had anyone on staff that could write the story that needed to be there, which is good because otherwise it would be used as ammo to support so many bad localizations the way Ghost Stories is.

Isn't user talking about the mangaka's script before IS trimmed it down?

I actually hated in because of the shitty japanese weapons and aesthetic.

Fire emblem is a WAITO ONLY franchise which should rightly fetishize european culture

You burn Hoshido to the ground in Conquest tho. Shouldn't that help?

If the dude from threehouse that broke the NDA on a podcast and got fired was anything to go by, chances are Threehouse seriously underestimated how big Fates was going to be in the west. To their eyes Fire Emblem was a small niche franchize and he made it seem like the staff at threehouse absolutely loathed working at stuff that wasn't a big name like Mario, Zelda or Kirby. He behemently rejected the notion that translating Xenoblade Chronicles themselves was a good idea at all, for despite how vocal the fanbase was it was still not a big seller.

Nah. It's 100% intentional. They just didn't care. Someone on the localization team thought it'd be FUNEE if the two silent ninja characters didn't say anything, and didn't do anything to correct the proceeding dialog.

To be fair, those fuckers didn't give us the final dlc

Fates' localization was a failure on literally every level. They couldn't even deliver all the content released for the game.

haha...

It was a festival, right? What did you get out of it?

Dude no matter when Garon turns evil it makes no sense since killing Corrin's dad to kidnap Corrin and Xander's accounts of Garon being good clash hard with each other

and they can't get another ball.

>FATES WRITING WAS ON PAR WITH MOST OF THE SERIES

>we have to put our babies in these hyperbolic time chamber bubbles to keep them safe from our war against Fight Club
ok user

Wrong. It has some of the best maps in the series, but overall the gameplay is pretty shit because FE14's core gameplay was terrible.

Don't forget the Rainbow Sage, who kills himself because he was fed up with being in this shitshow.

>real headscratcher for me
but not for her!

FE writing was always shit

>exposition: the story
No, 3H has by far the best worldbuilding.

No, the core gameplay was Acrually pretty good and very nuanced. People kept playing Fates like it was Awakening so they thought a lot of things that weren't shit were shit, and didn't use a ton of functions.

I hate Fate because it's numerous weebshit tropes mashed together.

Attached: drift into the abyss.png (360x408, 433K)

Corrin's step dad

>With the 3DS eShop soon no longer accepting added funds, the only way one can play Revelations legit is by getting a Special Edition cart, which is going to shoot up in price because of this
sasuga Nintendo

The only good thing about Fates is about half the maps in Conquest
However, those maps are so fucking good that they make up for the worst storyline in a story focused videogame not directed by David Cage, the worst characters in the series, the worst and most frustrating core gameplay in the series, and the retarded forced online bullshit

Nah the core gameplay is incredibly shit due to how terrible literally every non-royal non-ninja unit is, the removal of durability, the over reliance on soloing with pair up, the removal of true hit, the major focus on the castle bullshit, and a lot of shitty gimmick maps like the kitsune one that were more frustratingly tedious than actually challenging.

>perfect

>gimmick veins
>weapon penalties
>useless silver weapons
>terrible forging system
>magic and bows being in the triangle
>dumbass skills like counters

You're a retard if you pay money for Fates anyway

>the true ending is DLC
Yeah to be honest I didn't even give this shit a chance in the first place so

they only removed the option to add funds with credit cards

not only is it DLC, but disk-locked day 1 DLC that costs as much as the base game (which itself was only half of the game)

thank fuck we had that. How else would anyone ever know??

>bad forging
>useless silvers
>actually complaining about weapon penalties when weight was a thing for most of the series
I get it, you sucked at the game/didnt play it

Weebs vs BDSM waito piggu is the most embarrassing fucking concept

oh, so it still works with eShop cards?

For what purpose

>DLC that costs as much as the base game
Wrong, Revelations was half the price of the base game.

The online resources and weapon system is really really bad.

Should have paid us to play it honestly I'll never get that time or brain cells back from playing it.

Attached: fuckingretarded.png (784x472, 499K)

What was his endgame?

>terrible literally every non-royal non-ninja unit is
The only bad units in Conquest I can think of is Odin and Laslow, but everyone else can be used pretty well all the way through Lunatic. Royals being that good is actually great for using weaker units. They're one less mouth to feed exp to, and you have reliable units in case something goes awry. I played Lunatic Conquest before 3H got released and I used Nyx, Peri and Arthur and all of them were very successful.
>removal of Weapon Durabilty
Hardly a bad thing, just different
>removal of true hit
It's still there, more or less. Below 50% it uses a single RNG, above RNG it uses a weird trigonometric function that gives you slightly less than true hit.
>major focus on castle
Again, different, something new, but nothing that ruins the experience.
>shitty gimmick maps like Kitsune
Kitsune was easy as fuck. You have units like Camilla, Benny, Effie and Beruka who can tank them, Kaze easily deletes them with Hunter's Knife, Leo and Nyx have Heartseeker to reduce their Avoid, you're on the route with Beast Lances.
>over reliance on pair up
This is where it shows you didn't adapt the change from Awakening. Its much better and more reliable to keep as many people unpaired and use Attack Stance and only leave 1 or 2 pair ups to draw units.

>ywn kiss sakura while she leglocks you while you drop a fat load of cum in her, impregnating her in the process

Attached: 1515795326230.png (325x254, 58K)

>Source: Dude just trust me

>imagine playing Fire Emblem for the story
>imagine needing story to motivate you to enjoy a game

Now I remember. While crying about everyone who died on your watch, Corrin goes and genocides an entire tribe of furries. That's like the best part of the story.

Attached: 1532773066668.jpg (2048x1570, 484K)

normally I give Fire Emblem lord a pass even if they are generic but holy shit I hated Corrin with a passion, I couldn't stand having to go through the game with him

This.

Attached: D9RiITIVUAAqGgo.jpg (700x943, 89K)

>Imagine trying to ignore the single biggest problem of the game because "it just doesn't matter lol"

It was so satisfying, killing these retarded faggots that were just asking for it.

If you didnt have tanks kitsune was a very bad gimmick and even if you do its still a bad gimmick. Enemies you cant attack on player phase and that can pass through your units and uninvis themselves and theres terrain everywhere so you have sub 70 hit rates with most units on them. It was a really nasty map

Dumb shit dog.

I'll never understand why people say conquest is bullshit (save for endgame I guess, thats pretty fair) but go on to praise thracias gameplay when its even more bullshit imo

Burning blade’s story was way worse than fate’s. Don’t listen to oldfags hyping up Hector and Lyn they are way more one dimensional than new FE characters. The villains are cartoonishly evil to an insane degree.

But its ok cuz muh nostalgia Old game good new game bad

They all suck and if you need a story to advance in good gameplay (which both games have) then you're better off just watching a movie or playing a VN like Echoes

>if you didn't have tanks
Like more than half your units are Tanks. The point of the map was to kill enemies in a way that you are prepared for next turn and not allow yourself to be overwhelmed by enemies. The only mob of enemies that trully was hard to deal was the final one on the top, and an easy way to deal with it is to use fliers like Camilla to trigger their movemet from the top across the tree-bridge and also trigger their movement from below. That way you reduce a lot the ammount of enemies you have to deal with and reduce give yourself a margin for error.

Hit rate can be well parched through attack stance and skills like Heartseeker. Kaze is your most reliable fox killer as he alone with a Hunter Knife will have a reliable hit rate and consistang 90~ hit rate due to high skill.

Everyone who isn't a royal or ninja is shit because they're stuck with either
>garbage weapons
or
>weapons with garbage downsides
because of Fates' shitty weapon system. Ninjas and royals are the only ones with weapons with little to no downsides.
> I used Nyx, Peri and Arthur and all of them were very successful.
OK but that doesn't change the fact that they're objectively bad units. this isn't about your anecdotal experience, this is about how all the units end up with mediocre average stats and aren't very useful compared to just soloing everything with kamui and the royals
>Hardly a bad thing, just different
It is absolutely a bad thing because it made all the problems with the durability system worse and introduced new problems on top of that. It's the main reason why the royals are as broken as they are. There's a good reason it was completely abandoned in 3H, it was a shit system and nobody liked it at all.
>It's still there, more or less.
No it's not. The sine function bullshit only starts having a noticable effect well above 70% hit rate. True hit was a perfectly fine system before and there was no reason to change it, it just makes the game infuriating especially on shit like the kitsune map.
>Again, different, something new, but nothing that ruins the experience.
You are literally locked out of singleplayer features for not using the online functions. The castle system was garbage.
>Kitsune was easy as fuck.
No shit it was retard, every gimmick map is easy as fuck. It doesn't mean it wasn't fucking infuriating trash especially in a game without true hit.
>This is where it shows you didn't adapt the change from Awakening. Its much better and more reliable to keep as many people unpaired and use Attack Stance and only leave 1 or 2 pair ups to draw units.
It's optimal to solo things with pair up actually.

A good amount of characters in each route are just godawful with no reason to use them over their (royal) counterparts; others only see use as stat backpacks for royals. As for the kitsune map, it's still just tedious bullshit in spite of how you can cheese it.

Once again, its not a thing of theres no way to beat this map. You HAVE to enemy phase the kitsune on the left because invis, you HAVE to rely on shakey hitrates because of the bad terrain and high avo unless you want to turtle with attack stance, you HAVE to advance only 1 or 2 units to the pass kitsune who straight up ignore you if they cant damage you, you HAVE to player phase the life and death kitsune and they are surrounded by groups of 4 other kitsune reminiscent of fe4 enemy placements. Its a really really shitty map and i was trying to be nice in the first post but you obviously misunderstood me. No one likes that map, im a fates fag and i cant stand that map, enemies that cant be attacked but can attack you is retard design, enemies that can pass through your units in a map with chokepoints is retard design, enemies being in groups of 5000 is retard design, a map having a single enemy type is retard design, kitsune lair was a terrible map.

>Kitsune was easy as fuck
And you don't see any game design issue with a boring, easy map that takes 3-5x longer than literally any other map in the game, even the most difficult ones? Seriously?

I never thought I would see someone defending the objective worst map in the series

>Villains are cartoonishly evil in 7
There's legit a scene in Revelations where Garon madly cackles to himself about how he plans to destroy both kingdoms in a meaningless war as Leo and Xander just watch in the corner.

>Burning blade’s story was way worse than fate’s
Blazing Sword had hyperbolic time chamber babies?

That's not Geoffrey's Charge

Not that user but that'd be the reunion from fe6.

It's Arcadia's way you fags don't @ me

>The reunion
that's not the desert

The localization didn't do it any favors, but the writing is still complete ass regardless

Blazing Blade has a bad story but it's not as offensively retarded as CQ.
At the very least, you can say that Eliwood and Hector weren't complete dumbasses. You can't say the same of Corrin.

Did you mean Anri's way from 3 or Arcadia from 6 I'm confused.

>>removal of Weapon Durabilty
>Hardly a bad thing, just different
Not only different, but better. Only shitters mad because they can't kill everything during EP with their super powerful weapons dislike Fates' system.

>muh anime website
>most popular boards are about vidya and politics

>garbage weapons
What? They're using normal weaponsm the Lightning Tome is outright better than the Brynhindlr
>Garbage downsides
Such as? -3 AS isn't all that bad, and Steels only make it harder for you to double, but doesn't make it so you're easier to get doubled. Even the eponymous -2 after each battle is hugely overstated and only a problem if you try to defend with it on enemy phase, but if you use it sparringly it's hardly even noticable.
>objectively bad units
Like how? To what object? They get shit done with both their bases and their average stats the whole way through. Sure Camilla and Xander are ridiculous, but thar hardly means the rest can't combat enemies. You can very easily get through Hard while benching Camilla and Xander, you know?
>3H got rid of it
It actually didn't. You can just repair weapons so functionally it's the same, you even get weighted down by steels. All it did was so you have no reason to use Irons if you can use Steels, Killer and Silvers. Even worse you can just make them for virtually free. There is no nuance just a straight line of upgrades. Hardly bettet than Fates system where every weapon had a use, and Irons didn't just outright became obsolete.
>true hit was perfectly Fine
I disagree. Single RNG is the best, but this is subjective.
>Infurating
Like, your opinion. I had a great time, most people who enjoy challenge did.
>It's optimal to solo pair up things
Define "optimal". From an absolutist perspective optimal to just not play the game, kill boses and sieze the throne in 3-6 turns.

You're at this point passing your own personal shortcoming as facts. Just leave it as "I don't like it".

That isn't even the worst map in the game let alone the series. It's mediocre

I've been hearing Three Houses is a total cakewalk. Was there no classic difficulty option? Or is the game just that toned down?

The game gives you two difficulty toggles
>Classic vs Casual
>Hard vs Normal
Hard itself isn't very hard though, and Classic is mitigated somewhat by the new "turn back time x number of times per battle". Free Lunatic DLC is coming in a few months though.

>most people who enjoy challenge did.
No user, actually that's wrong. You're literally the only person who thought the Kitsune map was by any stretch "enjoyable" or challengin

Why do you keep calling it Threehouse? Treehouse was the localization group. Three Houses has none of their meddling and nothing changed in it unlike Fates and that SMTxFE game.

Lunatic isn't an option, hardest you can go is hard/classic. I dunno why they did it, but their adding lunatic circa end of year with a new difficulty called "Infernal".

This part was so fucking cringy. The sekrit alternate Hyperbolic Time Chamber dimension where you deposit your kid until they’re ready to fight has to be the absolute WORST thing to come from a Fire Emblem game.

A theory is that it has to do with some new EU regulation on the area. Basically Nintendo isn't bothering to make the changes needed in order to be compliant with it. Since there are workarounds I can understand it, but it still sucks that you won't be able to get the exact amount of funds that you need.

It also introduces about a million plot holes, including but not limited to
>Why aren't they abusing this?

Only if you owned both

I would mostly agree with this

Classic is still there, but you have Divine Pulses to go back to wherever you want if you messed up. Even without it though, the game was still pretty easy even on hard mode. Probably the only difficult map for the Church route was just the final chapter.

Does anyone know why Lyn has green hair? I thought green hair was reserved for dragons in this series?

Divine pulses are wierd. On one hand i like not resetting a map but they are basically a removal of consequence that you get multiple times per map making the game super easy because you can just divine pulse to prevent any real failure from the player.

Well, they are abusing the kids.

Damn I didn't know Lewyn, Nino, Elincia and Kaze were dragons

green complements red and blue

Only in 3H

Awakening has Tiki and Nioh or whatever her name is?
I’m sorry user I haven’t played the older ones yet :(

>FATES WRITING WAS ON PAR WITH MOST OF THE SERIES

Did we play the same game?

>Oh hey dad's a demon
>>Yeah I know, he's tried to kill me like 5 times at this point
>So should we kill him or something?
>>Nah let's wage war across a continent, killing thousands and rendering a tribe of people extinct so he can sit on a chair so people with KNOW he's a demon
>Brilliant plan I'm in

Oh yeah I forgot about Kaze

This until I played the Third Birthday.

Divine Pulse felt like a genius move when you were limited to 2-3 uses per map, and they kept throwing enemies like the Death Knight at you.

By the end of the game it has 11+ charges and you're wasting charges for trivial shit like misses.

The ONE time it gets balanced again is the last map, where there are a million enemies with bullshit like the drop-to-1hp spell and resetting would take 45 minutes of your life.

Dragons having green hair is just a stereotype because Tiki started it all and she had green hair

>Oh that's weird, why did dad make that cruel, savage, notorious mass murdering barbarian idiot a general in charge of a large portion of the army?
>well marx, something might be wrong with dad
>WHAT THE FUCK HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF FUCKING TRAITOR GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW WE HAVE TO DO THIS FOR THE PEOPLE OF NOHR

Attached: 1363667501408.png (300x400, 170K)

Honestly all I need to see for lunatic is
>limited to 3 uses per month
and I'm good because then they're a very scarce resource that means a lot and you have to be thoughtful when to use them.

>hey xander we should destabilize our corrupt shithole of a kingdom in the middle of a war because dad did bad things
>no kamui thats retarded, even if he isnt the same man he was dethroning the king is a poor political move and a betrayal of the nation. As someone who literally chose loyalt over family i would expect you to understand how i feel about this.

Fates plot amounts to going to the other country, finding out they are not so bad, and that the real evil is the demon possessing the king, and the only way to save everyone is going to the invisible world or whatever.
Its a very forgettable story and the MC is a massive faggot that is good to the point of naivety.
Awakening plot was much better, despite being simple.

>Hey Xander have you noticed how our dad looks possessed and is also clearly not right in the head?

>hey xander do you think invisible dragons are deciding our politics and its not just you growing up to see the injustices of ruling clouding your judgement?

Fates plot amounts to going to the other country, finding out they are not so bad, and that the real evil is the demon possessing the king, and the only way to save everyone is going to the invisible world or whatever.
Its a very forgettable story and the MC is a massive faggot that is good to the point of naivety.
Awakening plot was much better, despite being simple.

Yeah except that the king is literally trying to murder kamui

to be the most compelling villain in any form of media

I benched Leo and Camilla during my one and only conquest run, starting on hard. God that was awful
>Nyx can't hit for shit. Made me appreciate Micaiah of all units, because at least she's reliable as a magic glass canon
>Best mage is your archer, because there's no other alternative and even Leo doesn't get much skill
>Laslow can only sweep up low health enemies
>Odin/Owain (forgot which one) is fucking useless
>Corrin couldn't tank and also didn't double. Basically just being Roy
>Beruka was okay and could take a hit or two, but still a little underwhelming
>Xander, Effie and Silas had to do everything by themselves, Nino joined later in being really useful
Ryomas chapter was the last one I played on hard before going down for Iagos chapter, cause fuck dealing with debuffs and teleports when most units are garbage. Breaking open rooms isn't fun to begin with.

>I benched Leo and Camilla during my one and only conquest run
Why would you do this to yourself?

NO IT WASN'T YOU FUCKIN RETARD

Yeah except that the king is literally trying to murder kamui

Not that user but Leo isn't the best, he's the weakest of the Nohr royals certainly, I would rather dump some of his defensive stats into speed so he could double, you have plenty of tanks on Nohr I don't need another one.

That's stupid and you're stupid, Corrin.

Attached: damn nonsense.jpg (900x546, 153K)

Not that user but Leo isn't nearly as good as the other 3 Nohr royals, you have enough tanks and sustainability as is on Nohr, I'd rather him trade off some of his defensive stats for the ability to double or at least no get doubled himself, especially with how many speedy ninjas/weeaboos you fight in later chapters.

Leo gets doubled too much and isn't an absolute unit like Xander or Effie to take it.

>he didnt abuse pair ups, tonics, mess hall, personal skills to hit doubling thresholds and raise accuracy
>he didnt get ophelia, the best mage in conquest
>he didnt turn his felicia into a malig knight for easy trample and high magic by partner sealing a dragon talent corrin
>he didnt use camilla
what the fuck is wrong with you

Didn't like them, especially not Camilla.

test

Fates went full weeb you never go full weeb

Didn't like them, especially not Camilla.

I just play completely blind.

>He doesn’t know about the pickles

I find it funny the story is so grossly in favor of Hoshido yet in terms of game play
Xander>Ryoma
Camilla>Hinoka
Elise>Sakura
Takumi is the only Hoshido noble that's better then their Nohr counterpart, and that's not even going into how much the story jerks off the Nohr sibilings and flashes them around.

>Xander>Ryoma
You have to be kidding. Ryoma is the most broken FE unit ever

Sure he's not the best royal, but he still outperforms a lot of other units. I never even considered benching him or Camilla.

Fair enough, homo.

bro bro bro ryoma stomped his entire game idk what ur talking about

they didn't give us the final DLC because their assfuck retarded character changes made the story make no sense, even moreso than the main game already didn't make sense.

Alright you fucking Tarts, you're gonna have to explain to me RIGHT NOW why the fuck is this piece of shit map was so goddamn frustrating to all of you. Let´s review a few things before
>37 total enemies, 0 reinforcements
>every enemy is range 1, no WTA or WTD
>Every enemy has shit defenses and shit HP. Life and Death makes some of them get fucked extra hard
>Every enemy has a beast weakness
>Mobs are all funneled, most of them won't advance until you get in range

For starters the one solitary dude in the beggining is a "please fuck me" enemy, for you to violate at your leisure. You have 13 units. Assuming you went mCorrin and you're using Asura that means that at least Elise, Felicia and Azura are support units who can't directly engage with the enemy. That leaves us with 10 units that can attack enemies, so given groups in black advance slowly and you outnumber both groups put together I'm not even gonna consider them a threat. There is no fucking reason to pair up any of your characters as Attack Stance both: gives you more damage on your turn to square off one rounds, and to increase hit rate (because attack stance increases hit rate per adjacent ally in case you don't know). The group in yellow advances, but has no gimmick, so they're just fodder for you to feed yourself delicious exp.

This leaves us with the Blue, The Red and the Purple groups which have the gimmick, biggest threat of them all is the Red group. The Blue group is pitifully easy to deal with, so the best course of action is to tackle that one first. Just let them charge you at the chokepoint in the bridge and finish them off as you go. Give or take some survive, the total of active possible enemies at a time is 3 because half of them have are concealed and half are revealed (concealed enemies cannot attack the turn they hide). I seriously doubt you cannot handle three (3) fucking enemies.

Attached: kitsune map.png (1124x700, 911K)

yeah, some of, then you get trash like the fox village

>tfw TH is what's going to be shilled from now on
>we'll finally start to get less and less of Camilla as time goes on
>someday, Fates will be remembered as the one with the worst plot of them all
As a TMSfag, I hope all Fatesfags get fucked.

the foxes are heck of fast and my units are SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

It was a standard low midtier FE map. Not really difficult

His resitance is shit, mages will tear through him in the late game. Xander does slightly less damage and is an absolute fucking tank.

So finally comes the red group. For the red group you can get very creative. You can open the bridge, green and brown in the image, to open two sides from which the slanted eyes fucks can move. From the most cheesy way you can get through this map is by placing both someone in the bottom most range of the group to draw them down, and one a flier (camilla) their range across the top bridge. This will cause them to funnel themselves by splitting in aproximately half, meaning you have to deal now with less than half the ammount of enemies you should be normally out of the 10 (5 concealed/5 hidden) enemies gets funeled down to 6-7. Handling concealed foxes with pass on the enemy phase is a simple matter to not expose beast effective allies or support units on the enemy phase, through pair up or simply by keeping them at margin. Even then, highly defensive units such as Silas or Xander can actually take 1 round of combat, so you can also use that to your advantage to control where some enemies are going. If you give your healers Physic your healers do not even need to get close to your allies to heal back damage lost during player phase combat.

The Purple team where the boss is, Kaden, consists of only 4 fucking enemies. Absolutely laughable. You literally get to handpick who gets experience at this point

Camilla
Kaze
Niles
Corrin
Anyone with a Beast Lance will fuck them in 1 hit (Xander starts with a D rank in lance if you don't wanna use Effie, Benny, Peri or Silas

>His resitance is shit
So, like Xander's?

>implying the difficulty is the issue
It's fucking boring. Worse than a map from Gaiden.

See my problem with fates fags is you assume everyone hates conquest because "it's to hard for them" when in reality 99% of the time it's because of the story or they didn't like the new game play changes. But nope can't be that, their just babies who suck at the game, you fags are hopeless.

>they didn't like the new game play changes
This is something completely subjective of taste. You keep parading your subjective tastes as objective facts. If you quit doing that, you'd stopped getting exposed for the casual scum you are.

What was the name of the continent Fates took place in?

The overwhelming majority disliked the strictly downgraded weapon durability removal though, which is a pretty big hit against the game

Sorry but the valla curse instantly brings down the quality of fates writing.

Japan

>or they didn't like the new game play changes
Funny you say that when whenever someone complains about Conquest's gameplay they bitch about how hard or unfair it is. By all means, explain why the new mechaincs are bad without using "hard" as an argument.

Actually they don't complain about how hard it is, you just equate any complaints about the shit core gameplay or terribly designed maps like the kitsune map to be "lol it was too hard for you"

no one besides retard kitsune lover in this thread likes this chapter. every fan of fates knows there are certain bad maps in fates. the problem is retards here their opinions from youtubers and think maps like den of betrayal or chapter 15 are bad when they really arent and then when they get told to get good they equate that to someone defending an actually bad map like windtribe or kitsune lair.

It's also subjective if they like the maps or not it's also subjective if you even like the story or not. People can like subjectively good and bad things, you can't just accept people don't like those it has to be because their bad.
Thanks for proving my fight
>whenever someone complains
source is your ass

Uhhh what do you mean h-haha

Attached: 1533283678273.jpg (1500x1500, 825K)

>DUDE I'M GOING TO LET DOZENS OF PEOPLE DIE BECAUSE I WAS TOLD TO LMAO
fire emblem fates is fucking retarded

>Enemies have invincibility every other turns, which results in a lot of down time.
>Everyone has pass, which means that you have to cluster everyone at the choke point in a really silly manner if you don't want your squishy units to die.
>Enemies had some great offensive stats, meaning most units that aren't super bulky could easily get overwhelmed.
>Boss was prone to getting lucky crits which meant doing the whole stage over.
I don't actually have much issue with this map in terms of just completing it (honestly, I find the wind map after to be both more obnoxious and more difficult, not to mention Takumi's great wall), it's mostly just funneling, positioning, and then just taking care of the (admittedly obnoxious) stragglers. It's just not a very fun map, and the gimmick means that you often find yourself just kind of waiting around until you can attack again. It's boring and tedious, and one mistake means that you have to suffer the tedium all over again.

At least blazing blade makes sense and doesn't have outrealms where time moves faster to explain how you can use child units. FE is better when it keeps it simple, I'd rather have a generic story than an actively horrible one.
Its an easy map that wasn't alright being an easy map so they put a fuckton of enemies in it. The only way to beat it without having a stroke is to take it as slow as possible, which just makes an easy map take 3 times longer than it should. the enemies going invincible every other turn is also the literal definition of padding.