What game would you genuinely consider a 10/10 masterpiece?

What game would you genuinely consider a 10/10 masterpiece?

Attached: Undertale 10.png (959x402, 119K)

Comix Zone

Metroid Prime 2 is the only game I have personally given a 10/10 to

>plays off its audience

Before the thread goes to shit because of OP being a fag, F-Zero GX. Everything i'd ask GX to have is more or less greed because the game is just that good, and really complete, but i'd obviously want more, with more tracks, maybe a level editor. Obviously online but given that it's a 2003 title, you couldn't really ask it to pull that off. As I said, just nitpicks, F-Zero GX is overall a near perfect game.

10/10 does NOT mean perfect or devoid of flaws. It is categorical, not mathematical.

That said, I agree that Undertale is a 10/10 game and I hate the fandom.

Think of it more as the top 10% of games and it becomes easier to think about.

Dark Souls
FFIV
Haibane Renmei
P3/4/5
ALTTP
MGS3

Attached: 1560601787247.jpg (2068x2761, 1.94M)

JFC that is some terrible taste

Post your epic PC only list of trash crpg

These threads are useless as everyone will have a different opinion on what’s the best thing.

Only PC exclusive on my list is CK2 and that's not a crpg

Ocarina of Time
MOTHER 3
Digital Devil Saga 2
Akai Ito (VN)
Final Fantasy VI
Trails in the Sky FC
Chrono Cross
Panzer Dragoon Saga
SoulCalibur
A Link To The Past
Super Metroid
Valkyrie Profile
Trails in the Sky SC
Persona 2: IS
Metroid Prime
Fatal Frame 2

MGS3
Red Dead Redemption 1
RE4
THPS2
GTA:SA
Saint's Row 2

So there are a few ways to categorize 10/10

For a game that was exactly what it wanted to be. possibly even the best example in its genre (flaws and all) is Fallout New Vegas

For my personal 10/10 because I'm a fag who can't get over the love Raimi instilled within him it's Spider-Man PS4

For a game with no flaws? Portal 2.

>CK2
Lmao

Attached: 1556412901161.png (1280x717, 1014K)

Mine

actually scratch that, I'd say Warcraft III is also a 10/10

The concrete definition of 10/10 is
> Something that felt magical on your first playthrough & doesn't have any major flaws that would stop you from replaying it

Attached: 1563738065749m.jpg (677x1024, 201K)

Hotline Miami

>anything blizzard

Attached: 1558967961386.png (1000x1000, 273K)

Bloodborne
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dota 2

The Hotline Miami series. I can't really think of them as separate games, in my mind both games are one complete experience - but yeah, 10/10.

System Shock 2

Given that definition the options have broadened. I will keep the first three other than that
Minecraft
Half Life 2
Kotor 1
Battlefront 2
Sonic Mania

lot of effort put into this bait, you deserve a (You)

Crusader Kings 2
Warcraft III
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Katamari Damacy
Shadow of the Colossus
Portal
Devil May Cry 3
Paper Mario TTYD

Ico

>Super Meat Boy
>Resident Evil 2
>Doom
>overrated
That is some dogshit taste.

Undertale

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Not even joking. Fucking loved it. Though I don't play a lot of open-world games so I didn't have other games to compare it to. 10/10 in my mind.

Mega Man X
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 2
Gunstar Heroes
Oddworld: Abe's Oddsey
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Starcraft
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Left 4 Dead
War of the Monsters
Resident Evil 2

Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Lego Starwars the Complete Saga
Micro Machines V4
Madagascar
Guitar Hero 3

Its a good game. Its okay to like it.

Attached: 1560043061141.png (1500x1500, 1.62M)

>Haibane Renmei

isn't that an anime?

It is I just felt like posting it.

>decent Earthbound rip off is a masterpiece

>TLOU

stopped reading right there

Attached: 1535149118648.gif (267x200, 1.17M)

Every MGS except 4 and V
Every Monster Hunter
Every Metro
Alien Isolation
Dead Space 1 and 2
Just Cause 2
Dying Light

Attached: 33-339355_anime-metal-gear-solid-raiden-solid-snake-mobile.jpg (1737x2600, 1.07M)

I think universally people agree that Bloodborne, Ocarina of Time, and SMB3 are 10/10. Everything else is debatable except these 3.

Maybe I have to watch it then because I kind of agree with your list

Most games by Japanese developers are 10/10's.

Even as someone who loves Undertale, there is no way in hell it is a 10/10

Attached: sans idk.jpg (600x749, 153K)

Starts slow but becomes something special in the last half

Attached: 1554771936942.jpg (1017x1452, 280K)

none. no game or no thing is flawless

For their niche yes they all did it correctly

Bloodborne is fucking trash & Souls games are nowhere near as beloved as you think.

Deus Ex

Attached: anna shapiro.png (643x962, 302K)

Unironically BOTW and SMO
Personally wish memory erasing was a thing so I could re experience these games for the 1st time all over again

Axelay

I agree except for RDR. It's a great game but far from a masterpiece.

Metal Gear Solid 3
Blazblue ChronoPhantasma Extend
REmake
Dead Space
Monster Hunter as a series
Guilty Gear Rev 2
Binding of Isaac Rebirth

>there are people who unironically think TLOU is this good
They should be euthanized.

Rayman 2.

>No Super Mario world
Kill yourself
>Tlou that high
Double kill yourself

Nothing.

Honestly this.
10/10 games for me are games in which they are unable to be experienced in any other medium than vidya which is why "cinematic" games can never be a 10 for me.

Undertale literally doesn't work in any other format then vidya. It genuinely honors the craft and very few games can do that.

It's only downfall is lack of content

The Witness. lol at the nerds rambling off like a dozen mediocre games.

Tetris Effect

>it may not be pretty
Oh, so it's not a perfect 10 then?

Attached: milky-jew-mommy-shapiro_o_7210098.jpg (543x271, 60K)

Only the magnum opus of mankind

Attached: Screenshot_20190823-210356_Google.jpg (519x722, 231K)

I've never been a very objective person, I'd give Mirror's Edge a 10/10, sure it might be style over substance but god damn if it doesn't make its own substance with its style alone, and plus I just find the game to be a lot of fun.

Attached: e41cc72fc80b7bf20c894ea153576e1d.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

>lol at the nerds rambling off like a dozen mediocre games.
>Perfect game is a walking simulator that has you do cereal box puzzles
Kek.

No you are wrong

NO YOU!!

jesus christ kill yourselves. It's not even half as good as the games that inspired it. AKA Mother

The Witcher 3
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

>1st person platformer

>Spider-Man PS4
Yikes. Get out of here, Resetera is right up your alley.

Nobody cares contrarian faggot

brawl
galaxy 1 and 2
re4
minecraft
stalker pripyat
hotline miami 1 and 2
tf2
portal 2
wii play 1 and 2
and i think that's it

agree with a majority of this list but
>P2:IS
encounter rate and dungeon design take it down to a 8.5 easily.

shit, forgot 2 more
lego star wars complete saga and rayman rabbids 1 (fucking loved those railway shooter parts and the dancing minigame)

I have a fucking Bloodborne tattoo but I wouldn't rate the game a 10

I played on the easiest difficulty so the gameplay didn't bother me at all, and i enjoyed the dungeons far more than other Persona games.

Camelot Mario Tennis RPG, come on now.

Attached: 250px-Mario_Tennis_-_Power_Tour_Coverart.png (250x250, 146K)

No not at all. It's a very barebones experience that prides itself on quirkiness but offers no depth outside of the linear storyline. That isn't to say the game isn't good, but it's like calling a blue painted canvas a masterpiece because it has no room for flaws.

Mario 64 and hollow knight. Donkey kong country (snes) is based as well.

Anyone in this thread with over 2 to 3 masterpieces should just go work for ign right now because obviously your standards are low as fuck. Fucking retards probably throw around the word "genius" too.

> Depth
People always use the buzzword but never actually explain what it means
> Linear
It tells a better story then any other game this decade outside of the NieR games

IGN is fake news. I other words, water is wet.

My fucking sides are splitting

I love it

Attached: 1562985546235.jpg (377x264, 26K)

Anyone who is this pretentious about video games doesn't even play them & is just desperately trying to fit in with the minority fags

Dilate.

Final Fantasy IX
Lost Odyssey
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Persona 5
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Chrono Trigger

Dead Rising, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Resident Evil (REmake), and God of War all come very close.

I'm sure there are some im forgetting.

Undertale has far more replay value than EarthBound, and anyone who shits on it wasn't privileged enough to play it when it first came out

Reminder that (((they))) paid for these review scores.

Definitely not the best game out there but it never gets old

Attached: doom.jpg (1280x720, 296K)

> Le Paid reviews conspiracy
IGN already stated what 10/10s they were paid to give out, everything else was done because they genuinely loved it
> Uncharted 3
> Metal Gear Solid 4
> Grand Theft Auto 4

Attached: sonic 3 title screen.png (320x224, 20K)

I feel like a lot of people are just posting their favorite games and not games they would honestly consider 10/10 and wouldn't change a single aspect of.

They are the same thing, you are just picking different favorites

Needs Chrono Trigger, otherwise a great list

don't you dare call "depth" a buzzword. There's plenty of buzzwords used here but that's as constructive as it gets.
You are blatantly ignoring that I said the game is good, but to call something a 10/10 but the story is full of cliches and offers no room for thought outside of some simple philosophies that is taught to children in picture books.
I don't really feel like writing an essay only for you to debate, but my point remains that if something is to be called a 10/10 then it should have offer new or unique concepts and if you've played any JRPG's during the 90's/early 00's then you can see everything coming.
I was a big follower of this game and loved it but we can't use a game like this as a pinnacle of human creation in digital media

The only perfect game that has ever been made is Front Mission 3 sorry virgins

I'll never understand the undertale hype desu, think "I stopped at undyrne

Dark Souls is literally half unfinished

All of your points on the story are completely subjective & vary based on the person playing them.

This so goddamn hard.

A 10/10 for me is any game where I am
A) Compelled to play all the way through, as in I'm not forcing myself at any point
and
B) When I'm finished, I can't immediately think of anything I could do to change the fundamental nature of the game that would improve the experience. The game that I just played was the best possible version of *that specific game* that I have ever played.

In that vein, here's mine:

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
The World Ends With You
Nier: Automata
Super Metroid
Hollow Knight
Ori and The Blind Forest
Super Mario Odyssey
Final Fantasy 6
Chrono Trigger
VA-11 Hall-A
Elite Dangerous

This game comes damn, DAMN close.
The first several levels are EASILY a solid 10/10. This shit is fucking great.
And then you go underground, and then it gets boring. And then the final boss is a single QTE, and then it's dead and gone.

But goddamn, I will replay those first few levels until the day I die.
The DLC is pretty great too.

I'll be honest, I misread the OP thinking he was asking if Undertale was a 10/10, but I was voicing my opinion. Any fictional media is going to be subject and vary based on person, but regardless, I will never accept this as the pinnacle of gaming for the points regarded previously along with the gameplay itself taking a backseat to the writing.

Halo 3 is the perfect 10/10 multiplayer FPS

Chaos Theory (in it's prime) was absolutely perfect.

>Amazing graphics that still hold up today
>Fucking Amon Tobin OST that is in my opinion some of his best work
>A great replayable single player story that is challenging, intriguing and just genuinely fun
>A revamped version of Spies vs Mercs PvP that was unlike anything else at the time or released since.
>A coop specific mode with tons of unique gameplay elements.

10/10 doesnt have to mean flawless

This is all a 10/10 means, it's not as complex as people think it is. It only means something because normalfags view whatever sites like IGN & GameSpot give a 10/10 as some objective metric for quality
> Something that felt magical on your first playthrough & doesn't have any major flaws that would stop you from replaying it

Mega Man X

Some games can be objectively bad, some games can be objectively good. Nothing can objectively be a masterpiece

this, specially Odyssey. Is not the same re-playing it that playing it for the first time

and it’s still the best game of all time.

tlou makes it to obvious, didn't even bother to see the rest

Attached: lqb.png (600x600, 119K)

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario Odyssey
Dark Souls
Ocarina of Time
Symphony of the Night
Half Life 2

I can understand this if you were a kid when it came out, because it was pretty mindblowing for someone who grew up playing nothing but Nintendo & Online FPS games. But in 2019 it aged extremely poorly without prior nostalgia

Melee

That's what bothers me about the idea of 10/10 coming from a professional paid reviewer. I have plenty of games I consider "10/10"'s (by thread definition) regardless of flaws because they have a special place for me, but the score, 10/10 should never really be given unless it truly blows everything else out of the water. That said, I understand it being people's personal 10/10's but I think even Toby Fox would disagree that it is one of the most superior game titles ever created.

Doom is the only one I can think of that wouldn't just be a 10/10 to my particular tastes

Gothic 1+2
Inside
KSP
Dark Souls
Max Payne 2
MHFU
Minecraft
Portal 2

Attached: erzbaron_babes.jpg (1280x1024, 201K)

This is the first guy to actually explain what a 10/10 would be and have it make sense so I'm gonna go by his criteria for mine:
>Hotline Miami
>Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
>Resident Evil 4
>The End is Nigh
>Outlast 2
>Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
>Donkey Kong Country
>Nuclear Throne

Jak and Daxter TPL
SMW
Wii sports
Bloodborne
Gianna Michaels
GTA SA

Maybe. I still play it every 6 months to a year though and I still enjoy it but like you said there’s a chance that has to do with nostalgia. I don’t think it is though since I played demon souls first and that game isn’t nearly as close to my heart as Dark Souls is.

They never claim to be objective voices of reason, however the problem is that their 10/10s contradict their best game lists that they release years later. If the game actually was a 10/10 for the people reviewing it then it would be near the top of said lists, but in most cases they don't.

>Saint's Row 2
I always wanted to play it, but I heard it runs like ass on pretty much every PC.

Ocarina of Time
maybe Breath of the Wild

10/10 is solely related to your own taste

>resident evil "overrated garbage"

Attached: 1562800024073.jpg (717x833, 97K)

Resident Evil 4 is pretty close is it not?

Attached: 1565914439227.jpg (540x720, 83K)

Ahem...
Fallout: New Vegas
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Enter the Gungeon
Tropico 4 (ignoring the goddamn glitches)
Hollow Knight
Majoras Mask
Endless Legend
Katana Zero
The Sexy Brutale
and pic related

Attached: Patron_Saint_of_Things_Getting_Worse.jpg (400x400, 114K)

Resident Evil 4 is absolutely a 10/10 for me, and I'm a zoomer who has absolutely no nostalgia for it at all. Thought the controls would put me off but I got used to them relatively quick and had a fucking blast with it all. Leon Kennedy's probably my favorite game protagonist.

I agree and half as good as mother or mother 2 is still 10/10 compared to ass creed.

forgot, whats your fav dual wield shooter? I offer a purple haired waifu in apologies

Attached: ybkmg.png (1240x1754, 1020K)

I'm impressed. We started this thread with two actually interesting opinions.

based

breath of the wild

and i'm 30 years old

it's the first game that's made me feel the magic of video games in... quite some time

Portal 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Super Mario bros 2, 3 and World
Persona 3
Devil May Cry 5
Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64, sunshine, galaxy 2 and odyssey
Dig Dig
And most of the castlevania games.

None

Oh, and Metriod Zero Mission.

Not just 10/10 but the greatest game of all time. This masterpiece needs to be archived forever. The literal peak of video games to this day.

Attached: 52946-shadow-of-the-colossus-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1139, 169K)

none
no game is perfect so why would they have a 10/10
at best i think i gave a 9.4/10 to a game that i can't recall right now
fuck the people that give 10/10s, you're all retarded

Why not? It's a genuinely sublime experience that has basically set the bar for quality indie titles. That little faggot Toby truly managed to catch lightning in a bottle.

I'd add Diablo 2

Dark Souls 2

I desperately want to agree, but the controls & overworld make it a 9.8 for me

Halo 2 if it had the ending it was supposed to. IE the first act of halo 3 except you kill Truth on Earth

People that actually believe that you can't give a 10/10 are autistic and don't understand subjective tastes. You're trying to fit a logic system into every aspect of your life. If you're not autistic and you still think like that, you're just insufferable and trying your best to seem intelligent, which is a huge red flag to everyone around you.

Honestly these.
The three STALKER games are probably my favorite games of all time, but I can name several glaring flaws in each of them. But just because I recognize their flaws that doesn't make them any less special to me, I just can't give them a 10/10 rating, even if it's biased, I can't

Attached: 773713579616.png (253x253, 75K)

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Valkyrie Profile
Ninja Gaiden 2
Rez
Wipeout 3
Thunderforce V
DMC5
SRW Z
Ace Combat 3
Shenmue 2
MDK
FF6
Silent Hill 2
Einhander
Sega Rally

Attached: 1545244900737.jpg (2048x1536, 417K)

Quake 3
FTL

this is frankly the most embarrassing post I've seen in a while bb

DOOM
Age of Empires 2
GTA San Andreas
Battlefield 1942
Fallout 1
SOMA
Left 4 Dead
New Vegas
STALKER

Read , kill yourself you pretenious faggot

I love these posts because it shows people who aren't embarassed to state their favorite games regardless of how niche or un-sexy they maybe.

Dead Space
Cuphead
FEAR

Why are you so upset, who touched you?

JRPGs can never be 10/10

When it comes to Sandbox games there's still yet to be a game that surpasses Minecraft as far as I know, so I'd consider it a 10/10.

>says people don't understand subjective tastes
>don't understand that opinions are also subjective and spergs out when someone's opinions are different from his
Based retard.

it's simple user
nothing is perfect, therefore no perfect score

also, what is a 10/10 for you might not be for someone else, and now you're leaving the bar way too high for expectations
having something marked as a 10/10 also means you can no longer expect another game to go higher

You have very poor reading comprehension.

I love how autistic people truly don't understand how obvious they are. I know people just like you in real life. We keep you around to be the butt of the joke because you take things so literally you'd never get that you were being made fun of anyway.

Sengoku Rance
Persona 3
Dragon Quest V
Burnout 3
Mountain Blade

Based as fuck.

>Dead Space 2
Fixed that for ya, pal.

ok brainlet

Genuinely cannot think of anything that's bad about this game.

Attached: Sonic-3-Complete-ROM-Hack.jpg (800x534, 217K)

He's right faggot, anyone who thinks 10/10 means perfect is an autistic neckbeard. If you enjoyed playing a game & encountered no glaring flaw that would prevent you from replaying it then it's a 10/10

This isn't bait. Spent countless hours with my family playing this game. Unironically some of the best gaming moments i've ever had.

Attached: WiiSports.jpg (260x365, 38K)

>perfect
That's not what it means. Just like every 5 star album or movie doesn't belong on display in a museum.

Marumasa: The Demon Blade by Vanillaware

Haibane Renmei is one of the best series I ever watched. The rest of what that user posted is okay but god damn, watch that show

Mario Kart Wii for me was the most enjoyable game i've ever played with friends

Wii Sports is an 8/10 at best. Wii Sports Resort on the other hand..

Of my own personal opinion:
Legend of Grimrock 2
Paper Mario TTYD
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
Dragon Quest 3
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
Digimon World 1

Agreed on both counts. The Wii was fucking amazing.

I'm gonna watch it dubbed on my 2nd monitor while playing vidya and you can't stop me.

Based

Attached: 1558870891945.png (406x720, 279K)

KNACK

Quake 3
Load Runner Mad Monk's Revenge
Legend of Mana
Team Fortress 2
Spelunky
Aria of Sorrow
Gunz: The Duel
Shin Megami Tensi Nocturne
Final Fantasy 1 for the GBA
Super Mario World
Sonic & Knuckles
Pac Man
EDF 5
Dawn of War Soulstorm
Bayonetta
Gunstar Heroes
Rance 10
Viper RSR
Guilty Gear Accent Core#R
Kirby Super Star Saga
Dig Dug 2
Load Runner 2
Rampage

tell me user
then what is the score for a replayable game that has no bugs, no visual problems and responsive controls?

>it might not be pretty
>somehow still a 10/10

bloodcell countergauge

Depends how much you personally enjoyed it

There's actually no known flaws in Panzer Dragoon Zwei. It's actually a flawless game, making it a 10/10, a masterpiece of its genre and a true achievement for Sega and Yukio Futatsugi.

Attached: PDZ-WS-Gdrag2.webm (1280x720, 1.65M)

graphics don't matter unless they make the game completely unplayable

This, Graphics are an added bonus not a necessity unless they are offensively bad

The discussion over graphics overshadows the discussion of technical innovation and aesthetic qualities of a work. People dismiss any discussion of visuals as graphics whoring and also failure to appreciate classic graphics is a mistake by graphics whores.

Im a big fan of PD Orta. Girl rides the dragon barefoot + includes the original Panzer Dragoon. I dont recall anything wrong with the game either.

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense
Star Ocean 2
Castlevania SOTN
Monster Hunter 4U
Ys I and II
King of Fighters 98UM
The Witch and the Hundred Knight
Mario Odyssey
3D Dot Game Heroes

Metroid Prime 2, REmake, and Undertale

>Plays off its audience

Attached: 1yG28tM.jpg (528x352, 39K)

so that's why 10/10 are not real
you go lower to what it objectively represents, and then based on your experience add or subtract points
then you can make the distinction between what the game IS and what YOU feel like

Orta's biggest problem is it's non-canon.

>TTYD
The backtracking doesn’t bother you enough to subtract points?

MGS 1-3 aren’t 10s
>MGS1
Backtracking and not enough stealth
>MGS2
Fatman and Big Shell is boring level design
>MGS3
Pain and Fear

yes it does because that's the highest score available which means it cant get better than that

Dark Souls

All videogames have horrible flaws but here are the ones I've derived serious enjoyment out of in the past 10 years.

>RTW
Flaws: AI is fucking retarded
>EU3/4
Flaws: powergaming techniques are very gamey and unimmersive
>Warband multiplayer
Flaws: no one ever fucking plays it
>Quake Live
Flaws: no one ever fucking plays it
>Paladins
Flaws: everyone is slo, tanks are OP
>ARMA 2
Flaws: it isn't free anymore, no one fucking plays it, and there isn't a viable pvp mode
>World of Tanks
Flaws: P2W, very slow paced

If I devote more than 100 hours to a game I'd say it's a masterpiece.

cringe. you need to play some japanese games.

This is probably the shittiest tiering system I’ve ever seen

I wouldn’t agree but I also wouldn’t disagree

Metroid Prime
Ocarina of Time
LttP
Okami
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mega Man 9
More, probably, that I can't think of yet

Terraria, it gets better with every update.

it runs fine, just has GFWL iirc and it doesn't have many graphics/options period

my nigga

Quake
KoF 98
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Tetris

Deus Ex, Alien Isolation, FFVII, SMB3 and Puyo Puyo are pretty close too.

Attached: 1563612374227.png (280x270, 50K)

lost planet 2
it is a perfect game

Attached: gonna dog the shit outta you.jpg (1280x1024, 448K)

Is this the one where they added drop dash to the game?

>graphics don't matter

I'll take things boomers say for $500

Okami, clearly