Yeah, this is the game of the generation

Yeah, this is the game of the generation.

Attached: 95134128-40C7-4A14-A5B3-1DC33E34E8A3.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pyuccx_uSqDJhoPSpa-hYA_BAhPTdOZTRjuTtldmDRs
4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/PlayStation4/Special/37892/83962/0/Death_Stranding.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>game of the anything
>with that intro
yikes

>a game about 2 men and an entire army being gay for the boss

Attached: 3654DCF2-3057-4B80-9A30-52566E7E5D66.jpg (800x694, 106K)

Its the worst game ever made

lol

Attached: tpp.png (748x173, 178K)

>the game of the generation.

Attached: 313196-bloodborne-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1011, 115K)

>Soulsfag

Lmao kojima is making a souls game, your game will be irrelevant very soon.

Attached: 42A0ECD2-D79D-46B6-89B8-767FCB5EC939.png (2736x1824, 1.96M)

I've played it on ps3
this is true

Wow, rehashed Dark Souls which is rehashed Demon Souls, truly the game of the generation

I didn't like it. It was a chore playing it.

Lazyfag

Jesus Christ dude I thought 120 hours was too many before realizing I was in a Skinner box

>Skinner box
Explain this to a brainlet and how MGSV is one

>hurr skinnerbox bad

bro that's the whole point

>Nothing to do on most of the "LE OPEN WORLD"
>Nothing to do in or with mother base, chinese mobile games have more in depth base building mechanics than that shit
>majority of outposts play the damn same
>most companions and gear in the game is a novelty and you have to impose challenges on yourself to get any fun out of them because otherwise you can just go with the CLEARLY most efficient shit like Quiet, heavy armor and tranq gun into every single mission.
>Ground Zeroes was a vastly superior experience and all of V should have been designed like it, a bunch of hand crafted semi-linear levels instead of two boring-ass open world shit maps.

You have to be a total autist to think V was good. I'm talking "I pretend to be immersed while crawling and stealthing in the savannah, even though I know their shitty open world game design doesn't actually spawn any enemies outside of bases." kind of autist.

Attached: Tactical Helecopter Operations.jpg (540x675, 103K)

>You have to be a total autist to think V was good

No, if you are a normal healthy person you will enjoy MGSV, if you are a Yea Forums mentally ill retard who spend his time shitposting and hating on games then yes you will hate it.

Menu Gear Solid V: Time Eater.
[Tactical Espionage Distraction]

>if you are a normal healthy person you will enjoy MGSV

AKA if you're a complete and utter casual at the time of first playing it.

Amazing rebuttal to all his points there user. You definitely aren't a contrarian.

Attached: 1522747203117.jpg (326x316, 22K)

>make your stealth game open world
>can't destroy enemy's storage shed while in said open world, browse menu/deploy to do that instead in minutes
>can't choose to go OSP
>can't pat down enemies for items like in 4
>animals are just decoration, can't eat them
>Demon mode is just low camo and stench mode
There is a lot of room for improvement but they are too dumb to do anything with it.

Attached: fiddle.png (540x540, 241K)

I played 100 hours before I went "yeah I'm done". I'll probably go back to it one day but not for a while, going subsistence mode on the missions is really fun.

>"The first photo shows the medic with his balaclava on."
>"The second photo, which was taken just after the first, shows the player with the balaclava off."
>"the medic" and "the player" are interchangeably used to describe in the script to label the Medic.
>In other words, Venom is, de facto, directly the player, a proxy for you
Death Stranding tier writing. Oh wait, this game IS written by the guy who is writing Death Stranding.
Shit like this makes me want Death Stranding to F L O P so bad out of hate. Tons of video games incorporated player self inserts better than this one. Even better, said video games have ACTUALLY GOOD WRITING.

Attached: 1565295460011.jpg (310x232, 14K)

it's the only game where 'open world meme' is a good descriptor. absolutely fucking zero reason why it should've been open world.

>script
Spoonfeed. Now. Why am I being left out of this shit
Any goodies (cut content, etc.)?

Attached: sauce.png (1280x392, 36K)

What is the problem here?

>yea well im the retard KING hehe argue with that

actual yikes, seeing actual retard threads like this makes me want to put in the effort into making a youtube analysis that does nothing but take apart the meme that TPP has "good gameplay"

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pyuccx_uSqDJhoPSpa-hYA_BAhPTdOZTRjuTtldmDRs

>introduce self insert of the player
>introduce romance that the player can't opt out of

The romance is tied to how many times you choose to deploy her as a buddy. You could also just kill her.

Also
>not only the player can't opt out of said romance
>the player can't romance anyone he wants, like Ocelot

Goddamn it, why didn't they implement something like the fun dating side ops from Peace Walker Kaz and Paz had?

No user, its bad

Attached: I feel nothing.png (854x65, 81K)

best thing in the game for me was riding the horse. The game was obsolete when red dead came out because of this

Good luck with fobs

It's not even the best MGS game this gen. Survive was shit, and it still kicks the shit out of MGSV

what in the fuck

Attached: 1552936610619.jpg (400x402, 40K)

No it isn't

even mgs4 is better than that piece of shit

Not even close.

Attached: 1515629417660.jpg (960x960, 109K)

Definitely not lol

a good chunk of these hours are spent on the helicopter doing nothing am i right

fuck off nothing in life is better than MGS4, its literally the worst creation on earth

>generic empty open worlds
no thanks

Only if you're a retard lol

Only muh story, long ass cutscenes and indoor linear locations hate this game :)

nope. I was always doing missions and shit. 886 missions dont include fobs and sideops. i have about 300 fob missions. every time i play the game, i always try to do another strategy hoping i could recapture the same feeling i got from playing ground zeroes. it never happens

Autists tend to have trouble with open worlds

Very cool user you got me there

Repeating "empty" over and over like a broken record isn't going to make you sound any less retarded

yes there are like out there with no 4 walls around them

You mean as opposed to the empty corridors in Bloodborne?

MGSV is not open world, its just a gigantic version of PW

the NPC's choice

What MGSV was missing:
1- a Life Gauge
2- a Mini-map on screen
3- more bosses to abuse and take down for rewards like PW

Muh story faggots can fuck off

Attached: kwzddy6n668y.jpg (800x800, 135K)

nah that's blunderborne

and content worth playing instead of extract random faggot 9000, or blow up random minefield 300.

It’s especially good if you play as Demon Snake

No replay value. Gave it a go again this week and Chapter 2 is just terrible.

Except Peace Walker is the true MGS5

>make a game running a PMC
>make huge maps
>make vehicules you can deploy on said giant maps
>somehow fuck up the most exciting part of the entire series (piloting metal gears) and simply don't incorporate that part of the gameplay

wow kojimbo, fuck you

Attached: 44.png (1244x1039, 2.32M)

Reminder that this faggot was behind everything, he knew who was Paz from the very beginning but didnt say anything which led to her piloting ZEKE, falling and getting captured and then Big Boss had to go rescue her and find out there was a bomb inside her and the rest is history....worst of it all is that he is acting like he is the victim.

Attached: 1346546456.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

nah hackjima can never topped miyazaki vision

Why do you think BB abandoned him?

>Nothing to do on most of the "LE OPEN WORLD"
Because the open world is designed to have missions in it.
I almost never went into the open world without a mission.
In fact, if it was up to me I would simply delete the option to go on freeroam.

>chinese mobile games have more in depth base building mechanics than that shit
That's good because building mechanics have no place in MGS.

>most companions and gear in the game is a novelty and you have to impose challenges on yourself to get any fun out of them
If you are on PC, use mods, specifically Infinite Heaven.

Overall, MGSV should have gone full military simulator.
Should have had bigger maps, no bosses, less plot, access to aerial and water vehicles, including jets and warships, more in depth ballistics, more weapons, the ability to deploy your military when you wanted, and more maps.
It should have also had an in depth health system and injury treatment system, where depending on where you are hurt, you need different ways to fix it and will hamper you in different ways, like MGS3, but with more complexity.
Also, you should have had more contracts, maybe procedurally generated ones that advance depending on how the war is going on in the warzones you visit, it's own economy system, being able to build FOBs in the maps themselves, and being able to send people to places you are going to go to have as reinforcements already in place.
Also, a Mass Effect like system of ordering squad members would be okay.

Attached: 1535501926075.png (514x136, 87K)

MGSV is unironically the best game EVER made and also has the best snake voice actor.

These are facts.

Attached: MGSV.png (518x120, 56K)

>>somehow fuck up the most exciting part of the entire series (piloting metal gears) and simply don't incorporate that part of the gameplay

Odds are 7th gen systems couldn't handle it, same reason they hyped up Battle Gear only for it to be a dispatch mission only thing.

die

Isn’t this why Kaz ultimately trains David to destroy both Venom and Big Boss?

No you should pilot metal gears they are too important for the story kiddo, you cant just casually fly around with a metal gear and burning everything.

Yes but he still lost, a tape in MGSV all but says Ocelot personally killed Kaz prior to MGS so Liquid could pretend to be him.

based, dont die

that was just from my ps4 account. heres my steam hours.

Attached: rdgsfesf.png (525x115, 93K)

again based

The biggest problem are the missions.
The actual main missions are sideops and the sideops shouldnt even be considered missions, only stuff you run into randomly so you can go huh thats neat something to do.

But David still ultimately kills Venom, Big Boss inadvertently, and Ocelot. Don’t they all get what they want in the end due to Solid Snake?

he got what he wanted though, based snake killed big fag twice. i don't think he cared anymore.

Because they couldn't come up with unique MGS missions to fill all the hours of an open world map game, you are basically Infiltrating camps to get something or destroy something, its what is MGS all about minus the long story cutscenes.

Peace Walker did everything better than MGSV.

Fulton extractions.

Because it was a copy of Monster Hunter

MGSV is equally as good as it is bad. A true accomplishment in video game history

peace walker balanced fultons much better than mgsv at least in my experience. I ran out of fultons before i could reach my destination. in mgsv you get 48 which easily allows you to clear a base and containers. while peace walker was very easy i think limiting fultons was a good idea and added to the challenge.

Nah

V expanded them though, it makes you be careful about injuring people you want to rescue and you get to steal equipment.

Based Kojima ended the series with a big bang that you play for hundred of hours, even haters still talk about it and their phantom pain still unrecovered.

Attached: alled-lack-fited-with-_p_david-bowie-is-every-character-in-33859800.png (500x707, 182K)

Yeah but you don't know how to play the game

which game?
mgsv makes you way too good for the ai. you have tranqs and a plethora of cqc options. couple that with the ability to shoot a guy in the leg, cause him to stagger for about 2 seconds and bionic punch him leading to a 100% capture rate barring weather and rooves. i never had an issue with injuring people.

She should have been in the game

Attached: 70ilmq12-720.jpg (720x406, 89K)

I liked MGSV Ocelot a lot, sure his persona changed but he is far less annoying in the game than MGS2 and 4

wait which tape

I actually bought the boss' sneaking suit to play around with it, only to find out that even for microtransactions you have to wait for the R&D unit to actually develop it, so I had to sit around for a fucking hour until I could play with it. When I got it, I played like 4 minutes with it and realized how much of a hollow shitshow the game was and uninstalled it again.

I've never felt like a bigger sucker. Paying for shitty microtransactions only to be told that you gotta wait an hour to even use the thing.

Attached: image.jpg (240x240, 20K)

Chapter 3 is you, user.

MGSV will feel unfinished for you until you fix your life and set course for your dream.

Attached: snakes.jpg (570x458, 108K)

chapter 3 wouldnt fix shit. it would leave more questions than answers. baby psycho mantis was a mistake. it completely ruins his character in 1, not as bad as 4 though.

fix your life cuum brain.

Could have been pretty interesting
>go exfiltrate emmerich
>it's a trap and boss gets caught by strangelove and skull face
>insert torture sequence like in PW/MGS1 and 2
>You actually get saved by Quiet(lead by DD) if you beat her through non-lethal methods
>You get a "Johnny" to help you out and join Diamond Dogs
Escaping from that base while Naked would have been so fucking fun, no communication with MB, no supply drop, just you and a hostile environment and eventually meeting Sahelanthropus in your most vulnerable moment.

Attached: torture.gif (512x370, 1.81M)

Line of tapes you get with THE TRUTH

>4P: After Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain, you decided to stay in an open world with Death Stranding. What is the biggest challenge for you when you create a world? And can too much freedom become a curse too?

>Well, after experiencing an action game in an open world, you can not just go back to other things. That's what I thought. Because of the interactivity. Of course, there are other ways to make a game. A linear game for example. However, I can not go back after having had the experience of having a large-scale world in a game. The problem, however, is the technology. Of course it is technically difficult to create an open world. The player has the greatest possible freedom in an open world. Therefore, you are never really sure what the player will do. In this context, storytelling in an open-world game is the biggest challenge. As there is more and more freedom, it means that the story sometimes gets in the way of a distraction.

>So in Phantom Pain I started with a kind of experiment by starting linear. And once the world opens, the story fades in one way. Some Hideo Kojima fans were not happy that the story takes a back seat. But this was done very consciously. This time was the biggest challenge and the biggest obstacle: It's an open world, but at the same time we do not want to reduce the importance of the story, so fans of Hideo Kojima games will not be disappointed.

4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/PlayStation4/Special/37892/83962/0/Death_Stranding.html

only the best trailers

>It's an open world, but at the same time we do not want to reduce the importance of the story, so fans of Hideo Kojima games will not be disappointed.

Good, lets see how he implemented that

No More Timers mod
grab No Deployment Cost (NMT-compatible version) while you're at it

I'll keep this in mind if I ever replay it, although I doubt I will.

I'm finally free.

Attached: hyaku paasento.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

whats the point after %100

>invading fob's
>going for high scores for leaderboards
>building online weapons and fob platforms
complete wastes of fucking time if you ask me.