Well Yea Forums? Which one should i buy and play first

Have heard great things about both of these, finally have enough time on my hands to play some vidya.
Which one is superior and why?

Attached: 3A2DDEC2-3B2F-409C-9A1E-DD0487144717.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

sekiro is the better soulsbornekiro game

Bloodborne if you actually have a soistation. I bought one just for the game then sold it afterwords and it was still worth it.

Bump

fpbp

Bloodborne.

Sekiro is more about the combat while Bloodborne is more about the world and exploring.
I prefer Bloodborne.

BB if you wanna replay value. Sekiro is boring.

Bloodborne is cheaper so get that first. If you like Bloodborne then go ahead and get Sekiro. The large majority of people like both games anyway so if you like one you will like the other.

Sekiro is boring. Buy a Seiko instead and leave behind the R of repetitious combat.
The tagline should have been 'Kill identically'.
Bloodborne is easier than sekiro, but is the most interesting soulsborne by far.
Alternatively, try remnant from the ashes. I've heard unanimous positivity so far.

Get both they are different enough to justify the purchase if you can only get one then bloodborne only because it’s inexpensive and sekiro will drop in price by the time you are finished.

well which one runs better? I only got a ps4, my 144hz desktop is broken and im procrastinating fixing it

Both are good, but I prefer Sekiro because of the combat system.

2/14 anons think Sekiro is boring, and I agree so that makes 3/15 not including OP. There's something about the combat I hate. I've played for awhile now and I've beat the Horse boss and the Drunkard but I have no incentive to keep playing. I'm bored of the combat and I feel no incentive to explore like in Souls games. Finding nothing but ashes and coins makes the world feel barren compared to finding unique weapons in Souls.

Does Sekiro pick up eventually? Should I expect a drastic change past this point or should I save myself time and stop playing now?

Attached: 89234958.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

sekiro has far better gameplay and runs better because of pc

Nah it's a chore from the beginning till the end. Doesn't help that the world and "story" are rather boring.

Bloodborne by far. Sekiro is literally the definition of a forgettable filler game. The barebones improvements in combat which are only really appreciated in very few instances by no means compensate the trading off of a decent setting, character builds, exploration, actual progress beyond the next boss to bitchslap, and so forth.

Sekiro only has one weapon. Bloodborne has been my favorite game since majoras mask. No one will remember sekiro in 3 years.

Played sekiro and really liked it, haven't played bloodborne but from the looks of it I honestly would go for bb if you've got a ps4. Unless you really have a hard on for action games specifically rather than action RPGs, you're gonna get more out of bb than sekiro. The only thing sekiro has over any other soulsborne game is the depth of the combat, it's up to you which matters the most.

throw sekiro in the garbage, have fun with bloodborne.

Attached: 1560573972033.jpg (600x800, 77K)

Bloodbourne first because it becomes unplayable after playing sekiro. Combat in sekiro is too good and I really like bloodbourne.

Bloodborne is good but the enemy design is annoying as hell so be wary.

Sekiro is a more solid experience but has less replayability and variety.

Op here, I don’t have PlayStation, would be playing bloodborne on psnow

So many wrong options on sekiro in a single thread holy shit
Just because you faggots cant deal with a game without "muh edgy victorian setting" and no gameplay you shun out the best game out of 2019

Bloodborne is easily the best game of the generation and maybe the best of all time. Sekiro is cool when youre playing it but has 0 replay value

If bloodborne is the best game of the generation, why did I have more fun with Sekiro?

We don't bring the mentally disabled into equation when deciding the best games of the generation.

I’ll probably get both, now im not sure what to play 1st.
So you’re saying play bb after sekiro is like eating good steak and then shitty steak because of the combat system?

Pretty much exactly what i was gonna say thanks user

Good, then we can agree Sekiro is better than bloodborne.

Play bloodborne first
The pace will be agonizingly slow going back from Sekiro

bloodbourne is cheaper
Sekiro will go on sale during holiday

Nope.

I played both, i recommend Bloodborne first, Sekiro is not for the weak.

Attached: 1541681955984.jpg (1249x1027, 270K)

Sekiro is good all The way to Shura.

bloodbourne definitely

Buy bloodborne on ps4, pirate sekiro on PC.

Memeborne really, great game.

I agree with this user. Bloodborne is much better

Bloodborne is probably in the top 10 games ever made. Sekiro probably isnt even in the top 100. Its worth playing especially if you like soulsborne and action games in general but its the definition of nothing special

Bloodborne is better but both are 10/10

After the genchiro re-match the game doesn't ramp up imo.

Attached: Meh.png (343x1537, 617K)

Sekiro is the best action game released this gen. How can you say it's nothing special when it has bosses like Owl?

The whole Souls combat system is nothing special compared to Sekiro.

Both are great and very different. Both are among the best games I've ever played.
That being said, Bloddborne is easily the game of the generation, while Sekiro is GOTY.

Sekiro is pretty linear desu. It has some exploration, but for the most part the game feels like half of a Soulsborne. There are no builds, no different weapons, only your trinkets and skills which 99% of them you dont even need. The only one I used for the whole first playthrough and ng+ was the axe to break shields. The combat is fun and the world is cool, but Bloodborne has a lot more too offer.
I will say that Sekiro tells its story a lot better, but I think BB's story is much better. BB's story telling is really cool. It doesn't tell you what's happening, it's up to you to discover and pay attention if you want to learn. If not, you can just kill shit and beat the game.

BB is far better than Sekiro. Sekiro is good but I beat it once and quit, while put about 400 hours In BB

The only good bosses in Sekiro are the Apes and Demon of Hatred, which are just bosses taken from BB. And Isshin.

BB is definitely better but both are good.

It does get better once the combat clicks. I didn't like the game at the start but I ended up enjoying it so much that I finished it 6 times.

preach user

Sekiro has better gameplay, Bloodborne has better replayability and is longer. The DLC is also out and is fucking kino.

Sekiro gameplay is faster paced. But bloodborne gameplay is still great and in fact has better highs than sekiro. Ludwig and kos beat anything in sekiro

BB first so you can enjoy the combat. It would be soured if you've experience the superior sekiro combat

Lmfao this is such a fucking joke. Sekiro's "combat system" is basically just fucking Rock Band. You learn the rhythm of the song, beat it. But unlike Rock Band, you're only allowed to play each song once and then the next song is completely different without building up from the previous songs. Sekiro """combat""" is plain, pathetic, and you can already play that way in Souls / BB anyway. It's just not forced. Bloodborne is the game of the fucking generation, and Sekiro is an 8/10. Both are far better than DS3 though.

I've seen friends play hundreds of hrs of BB, sekiro on the other hand, people beat it get all achievements and never touch it again.

>build variety? cool weapons? less reused bosses?
>sekiro: pic related

Attached: not this time.jpg (480x360, 8K)

>you can already play that way in Souls / BB anyway. It's just not forced
What are you talking about?

> he never played a parry only playthrough until shitkuro
pathetic

DS3 is better than both faggot

Attached: CraftyLoneCirriped-max-1mb.gif (280x158, 856K)

Sekiro if you want a unique experience that’s very refreshing in this day and age. Bloodborne if you just want a Dark Souls reskin.

There is a lot of games that include parrying and few play as well as Sekiro.

>How is Nioh 2 - From Edition more unique than Lovecraft?

Bloodborne then Sekiro then Bloodborne again to forget Sekiro awful experience.

>woaaah pretty particle effects!!!
Very impressive.

Anyone saying Sekiro is just a peeceelard who can't play Borne desu

Sekiro gets boring very fast. Bloodborne would be the better one to try out

Hey Yea Forums, would you fight Gael as Sekiro?

Attached: 1539204598947.jpg (487x496, 102K)

It’s crazy how easily suckered some of you are with purple skies and tentacles, but Sekiro has a much more focused and well developed narrative than anything From has done in the past. Also gameplay wise Sekiro is nothing like Nioh. And Bloodborne is just a Dark Souls reskin mechanics wise. Dunno why you have such a problem with my statement but that’s fanboyism for you.

The game is 30 minutes long and isn't focused at all. A PS4 is like 50 bucks used dude, BB is 10 bucks max. Just go fucking play it instead of doing this.

Nah. Bosses in Sekiro are leagues ahead. I actually prefer Bloodborne but even I can admit that.

I’ve played Bloodborne already. Stop being such a baby.

>Bloodborne is just a Dark Souls reskin mechanics wise
Don't know how people keep saying this meme. If you had actually played the game you'd know they play nothing like each other, and besides the base mechanics of healing and dodging, and the attack buttons, there's a lot more variance.

Also, saying the game is just purple skies and tentacles is incredibly reductive. I could go the same route and say you get easily suckered by Japanese influenced designs.

Every boss in Sekiro is terrible except Isshin, Owl, and the bosses left over from Bloodborne though
>MY NAME ISSSSSSSS - shit
>Lady Butterfly is just a worse version of Maria / Ice Scythe Bitch
>Genichiro is shit, especially at the end when's he's literally treated as buildup
>Ape is good
>Double Ape is good
>monkeys are atrocious
>Owl is ok, Owl 2 is great
>Corrupted Monk is good
>Divine Dragon is atrocious
>Isshin is great

Bloodborne obviously.

Sekiro is a fun time and all but the mechanics are a little too bare bones for my taste. Not worth it at full price and you can get BB for less than 20 bucks.

Attached: 1550108291059.jpg (480x480, 28K)

Bloodborne feels like a step away from the Souls formula, but it still feels very much like Souls: with shields removed and parrying tied to shooting.

Playing Bloodborne after Souls I felt at home. In comparison Sekiro took a lot more adjusting. Playing Sekiro like a Souls game won't get you far.

Get bb first, it is overall a better game but Sekiro is definitely still worth a playthrough

Playing Sekiro like a Souls game will literally beat the game for you if you ever parried in souls at all and jump instead of roll...

Bloodborne is easily the best game ever made, with a huge replay value compared to Sekiro, i love both but they don't play in the same league, the only thing Sekiro is better at is the gameplay but then again it's not like Bloodborne is clunky.

Attached: 1543688097870.jpg (5760x3240, 1.69M)

>Bloodborne is easily the best game ever made
I wish Reddit would leave.

Cope

>sekiro parry timing is way easier than souls but somehow playing souls won't prepare you for sekiro
explain, this meme needs to die

Reddit is preferring sekiro or dmc5

Both are great. I can't imagine playing sekiro as your first souls game though. I played and beat every other souls game but sekiro was a real challenge. Start with BB. Both are fantastic I'd probably go back and replay BB more if it was on something besides PS4 and sekiro lacks a lot of that replay value but it's probably the best single playthrough in the series and I personally find it far more memorable than bloodborne.

Simplify your fractions retard. 1/7 and then it changes to 1/5 fuck you

play sekiro first

if you play bloodborne first there's a chance that while going through sekiro you'll notice its really not the same, it's basically a distilled action game.

bloodorne is a better game in every way except the combat.

2/14 and 3/15 are easier to comprehend than 1/7 because I'm referring to the number of posts in the thread at the time of my post. If I said "1/5 anons think Sekiro is boring" it would look like I pulled that statistic from my ass.
>I know 5th grade fractions and I want all of Yea Forums to know!
I'm sure your parents are real proud of you kiddo

Attached: 1564462328102.png (1436x1006, 2.39M)

souls have the same combat system as sekiro, except in sekiro you have like three times as many forms of evasion

how do you know?

>everything must be a contest

Jesus, they're both great and you should get the fuck off Yea Forums and play both.

>it would look like i pulled that statistic from my ass

Which you did.

>When you're too stupid to comprehend the post you're responding too
You don't deserve my (you)

dark souls 2

Based

Buy King's Field. Fuck souls games.

theyre both shit
just play dark souls 3

bloodborne runs at 25fps (and lower). I'll never understand how anyone can play it.

Both are fucking great, user, but get Bloodborne first, just in case you plan to dip into the multiplayer at all. It's already a bit empty, but it will only get emptier in the future. Don't listen to the contrarians, they're both fucking amazing.

Attached: excellence.gif (160x160, 289K)

>I've deciphered your text pattern in order to deduce the fact you are... underage!

Attached: f736d61fbaf485c3ad26eb207cc1e058.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

Do you guys think The Surge 2 will be good ?

>Get a ps4
>Buy BB because I loved DS3
>Hate 30fps
>Get stuck at the poison boss

I want to like it but the fact it's on my ps4 and I got stuck at like the second or third boss pisses me off.

Attached: by the sun.jpg (325x358, 41K)

>Totally different systems.
Give me a fucking break.

Attached: h8L8VtO.png (1280x720, 840K)

Watch gameplay of it user. Surge is trash though and always will be.

Attached: j.webm (204x360, 2.9M)

Judging by the threads I read on release people tried to dash through attacks instead of blocking, which is also something that a lot of people like to do in Souls.

pictures are not arguments dumb redditor

bloodborne

sekiro is for plebs

It looked all right. I'm personally excited for Code Vein

Well, me too. But i wonder what other anons think about the Surge.

The only people that think sekiro is bettet than bloodborne have either didnt played bloodborne or are seething starving pc gamers that still cant take it

B L O O D B O R N E

The owl bossfight was far to easy

Haven't heard too much about it, but the people who played the first Surge thought that the sequel already looks like a huge improvement.
I can't wait for the CV demo

Attached: Staring at something - transparent.png (748x1109, 733K)

I played both and I think Sekiro is better.

>Alternatively, try remnant from the ashes. I've heard unanimous positivity so far.
While I'm really enjoying it and it's up there with Salt and Sanctuary in terms of adapting the Souls design philosophy well, it's not on-par with even the worst FROM game.
I'd recommend it as supplementary to them, not as a replacement for either.

Attached: 1562007432775.png (1280x1351, 1.08M)

Sekiro is better but both are excellent and you can't go wrong

Gael might be the best boss in the franchise but DS3 is still shit

Blades of Mercy or Rakuyo? Today during my ng+ playthrough (5th playthrough in total) I tried to kill witches of hemvick with Blades of Mercy and they fucking obliterated me with those goofy-looking monsters. Should I change my weapon? Or I just started to suck at the game?

Not really. The only thing you should be doing in Sekiro is jumping, which is where people make the mistake in thinking it's hard, since running and rolling will get you killed.

Isshin reminds me a lot of Gael actually.

Jumping has the same i-frames as dashing. Whether you jump or dash depends on how much distance you want to cover.

>the only thing you should be doing is jumping
what the fuck am I reading

Bloodborne obviously.
You don't even get to become a squid baby in Sekiro.

it's either:
amazing setting/exploration with alright combat
or
mind-numbing feudal japan drivel with pretty good combat

>Well Yea Forums?
Release order
>Which one is superior and why?
Doesn't matter

I would just go for the one you like more aesthetically and thematically.

It's always the fucking release order user, any game, this one is no exception.

That said, Bloodborne is a 10 while Sekiro is a 8.5-9.