Try to play game on highest difficulty because it is suppose to be what the developers intended

>try to play game on highest difficulty because it is suppose to be what the developers intended
>game is horribly balanced, melee playstyle completely unviable, enemies have retarded high health pools

Attached: cyberbully.jpg (970x664, 102K)

I’ve never understood this. People claim that hard modes are supposed to be the true normal, but most of the time they end up feeling like the same game but with damage sponge enemies.
That’s not really difficult.

NAME THE BULLY

Attached: bullyhunters.jpg (672x337, 62K)

that was maybe true 20 years ago. nowadays it doesn't matter. all you're gonna get it sponge enemies

I C A N ' T G E T T H E C A P O F F

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

la creatura...

if the gameplay is good then higher hp on enemies is a good thing, in most games nowadays you can just skip mechanics of the game and kill everything before they even have time to do anything, never having to learn how to dodge/parry or actually learn what the enemies actually do

>durr hardest difficulty is the true vision of the develurr
It wasn’t true for doom, it’s not fucking true now.

Difficulty modes were a mistake from the start, just make the game as it is supposed to exist and let me play that instead of having to guess which level is challenging but not a retarded slog.

opportunity to grind is a good substitute for easy mode.

Highest difficulty is not what the highest devs intended, that's why they're shit
Choose your demon
>playing a game with no challenge where you're basically playing through a glorified book/CYOA, gaining no fun in the process
>playing a game where the enemies are bullshit strong and it takes a few hours extra to finish while your fun is being sucked dry

Yea Forums has become so fucking casual jesus christ
you sound mad because you're too bad at hard difficulties but still want credit for completing them, the game isnt gonna magically figure out how good/bad you are at it before you play it.
99% of the time people who call harder difficulties "tedious" or "slogs" are just fucking retards who can't be arsed to figure out basic game mechanics

>try to play game on highest difficulty because it is suppose to be what the developers intended
Thats normal difficulty

>highest difficulty
>what the developers intended
retard.
That's why difficulty settings shouldn't exist.

I don’t know. For everyone that does that, there are a ton that force you to play in an “optimal way” to complete the game.
If higher difficulty greatly limits player expression, is it really balanced?

but the americans were whining too much

Attached: re3.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Strategic planning should be the proper solution for apparently insurmountable obstacles, not grinding mindlessly for extra levels.

Nightmare is is the definition of tedious and slog, you dumb nigger

Harder modes are rarely what the game is balanced around though, there are of course some exceptions in certain genres such as shumps, but typically you do balance on Normal and maybe the first Hard mode if there are multiple ones.

The most common way to create difficulties is to simply adjust damage/health parameters

This doesn't really make any enemy more difficult to deal with, it just more severely punishes mistakes
Which, y'know, whatever

But there's also the aspect that, maybe you're doing everything right, but now the difference is that the boss has a fuckton more HP, which means you're just doing the fight for a longer period of time.
And that's not really fun.

A better way would be to give enemies new attacks at higher difficulties, or spawn more difficult enemies earlier in the game, etc.

honest question
how DO you get the cap off ?

parental lock, all the retard had to do is push down and twist.

The game is balanced around ultra-violence though

Western devs
>Game is balanced around the assumption that either everyone will play the hardest difficulty or no one will, with it either being a mild challenge and the lower ones being a joke, or almost unplayable, with the lower ones being a mild challenge.

Japanese devs
>Increased difficulty is basically just a form of NG+, horribly unbalancing a first playthrough with both excessively good rewards and excessively strong enemies

Pick your poison, Yea Forums

What cap?

Fuck different difficulties, games should be made with 1 challenging mode that forces the player to play the game in such way that brings out the brilliance of its design (if any).
Now tell me how many games you steamrolled through using like 10% of what the games offer.
Good game design kinda forces you to explore different items, tools and techniques to overcome the challenge.
In turn you feel satisfied that you figured it out.

Basically my experience with The Witcher 3

if difficulty settings didnt exist every game would be too easy.

Just look at dark souls. game is retard easy if you have half a brain and know how to roll.

Why would you think Hard would be the "intended" difficulty instead of Normal?

Attached: IMG_20190711_105437.jpg (1597x1600, 106K)

>Cyberbully was 8 years ago

"normal" is the intended difficulty, you retard

The still are games that do it though. Dead cells is one of them, but honestly fuck beating the game 5 times for that

Are you talking about games where the difficulty description actually says this, or do you just assume it's true for every game?

The intended difficulty is the SECOND hardest.
The hardest difficulty is always a meme.

>A better way would be to give enemies new attacks at higher difficulties, or spawn more difficult enemies earlier in the game, etc.

That sounds like a lot of work, user. Let's just stick an extra zero on all the enemy's numbers instead.

ur a lier lindsay

Are there any games where difficulty actually affects AI tactics/skill rather than just increasing spawn numbers or cheating by giving enemies more health/damage/resources?

>because it is suppose to be what the developers intended
No. Thats normal difficulty.

Consider that clear evidence that it is not "what the devs intended"

Most RTSs do that, but they often rig the game as well since even the best AI is usually not a threat for a moderately competent player.

In Warrior Kings specifically, the AI is much less aggressive at lower difficulties and when they do attack they send way fewer units

>You will never watch god awful TV movies with Yea Forums ever again
This place used to be fun.

>if you have half a brain and know how to roll
And deal with all the retarded bugs, clipping and tank controls because the game was coded by monkeys

I know I've played games that do this, because I remarked on how cool it was, but I can't remember for the life of me what games they were.
So it can't have been that good.

consider this

Attached: thumbnail for ants.jpg (266x374, 26K)

Well you need to look up the word difficult.

Because what OP said IS difficulty.
Difficulty simply means "Hard to get through"

Challenge is what youre looking for. Something that teaches you and tests your knowledge of mechanics and puts them all to practice. It's a trial of efficiency.

Higher Difficulty just means "Lets make this as tough to crack as possible" so they make your attack and defense low so theres no error, make enemies sponges so you need to persevere and be efficient with your strategy for longer.

It's not really stimulating you but its putting up a wall for you to get through.

Learn the difference between either. If youre going through a game and you're wondering "If I stopped now would I really miss anything interesting?" then its a good sign the game is doing NOTHING for you.

Attached: 1548145970458.png (382x417, 243K)

>>game is horribly balanced, melee playstyle completely unviable
>>force you to play in an “optimal way” to complete the game

Name TWO games which does that

>>This doesn't really make any enemy more difficult to deal with, it just more severely punishes mistakes
>>This doesn't really make any enemy more difficult to deal with
>>severely punishes mistakes

user...

>playing Pillars of Eternity
>hardest difficulty level gives you penalties and the enemies bonuses with no explanation, breaking immersion
>also inflates fights with so many enemies that it borders on ridiculous, including fights where additional enemies just poof into existence once combat begins because it would look incongruous if you saw them all standing around
>But it's also the only difficulty level on which most fights require any thinking or engagement

Damn it.

Attached: 1519579862923.png (400x450, 84K)

[SPOILER] BULLYHUNTER64 LOGGED IN

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg (550x550, 23K)

Difficulty settings are usually dumb.