How the fuck is this even possible on a console that can run the newest doom?

How the fuck is this even possible on a console that can run the newest doom?

Attached: 1540598978984.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

because doom is downgraded to shit?

Looks like they ported a mobile game to console.

Why the fuck are the texture so overkill? The characters should be the focus, shouldn't they? It makes me think of terrible indie games on steam.

I have a strong suspicion that Three Houses was another 3DS Fire Emblem but were told to push it to Switch because 3ds is dead now. It doesn't really feel like a proper HD FE. It feels like another handheld game.

Attached: 1564111232159.png (522x508, 380K)

The ONLY reason DOOM can run on Switch at all is because the Switch's fire sale'd Shield hardware supports Vulkan and DOOM added Vulkan support on PC post-launch. And even then it's a blurry, framedroppy mess with downgraded everything. If it wasn't a Vulkan supporting game, it wouldn't be playable at all, PERIOD.

You guys are too focused on the whole doom thing. This is a game on the same system.

Attached: 1564118400027.jpg (1200x720, 166K)

MRKB is unironically great

That doesn't matter. What matters is that it actually looks nice. FE does not.

TW3 is going to be running on the switch is. Anything can run on whatever with enough downgrades.

*ding ding ding* I believe you have the right answer. It has handheld video game written all over it.

>high production values = good
Sony shills who haven't played the game detected
The game was clearly designed for home play relative to the 3DS games
Kill yourself and take your poopy cowabunga pizzaman movie game back to lebbit
Echoes was very clearly intended as the last 3DS game
Also kill yourself again movie game fag
>devs include voice acting, cutscenes, 3D visuals, and battle animations for you
>WAAAAH WHY DIDN'T THEY WASTE EVEN MORE MONEY ON POLISHING IT
IF you think good graphics are good, you need to leave.

Bait or Trolling... not sure if serious or not... not trying,,,

The game looks mediocre, but saying it doesn't feel like a console game is complete bullshit, they added so much with the third-person exploration of the academy with all the characters, events and voiced lines even from randoms, the fuckhuge story with several different routes and every battlefield being modeled to scale to let you play battles with the third-person camera as well, you couldn't possibly see this as being the same kind of project as the 3DS games.

>japan in charge of using modern rendering techniques or graffix at all
HAHAHA

>one uses the critically acclaimed ue4 engine, the best looking open source engine in existence
>the other is some low budget weeb bait trash game, with a proprietery engine made from incompetent chinks

Mario + Rabbids uses Ubisoft's Snowdrop Engine.

Try to learn before posting next time

well my bad. still, it is basically a fork of ue4

It's more focused on certain aspects rather than having to include basically everything at the cost of optimization like UE4 does so M+R probably runs even better than it would have if it was actually made in UE4. I'm thinking of something like Yoshi's Crafter World which is UE4 and while it does look really nice and runs at 60 fps, it's mostly due to the artstyle and resolution took a significant hit to compensate.

Three Houses is kind of the opposite in that it has little detail and could really use some anti-aliasing, but at least the resolution is fine and it looks very sharp in handheld mode, something I'm thankful for.

Because IS can't make good looking 3D game
>inb4 it's koei tecmo
IS is responsible for char design and art direction in this game

So why can't the team that made FE use ue4? FE sold probably more than mario and rabbits aswell. So what the fuck are you basing your BS on?

Took me awhile to realize this was the new fire emblem game. Holy fuck it looks bad like baby’s first unity game.

>muh graphics

kys

Nintendo jizz must taste like golden chocolate huh.

Wouldn't know, not a faggot. Same we can't say the same for you, eh OP?

It looks like an early PS2 game.

You worship Nintendo so yeah you’re a faggot

Not op btw cocksucker

I think some dynasty warriors games kinda looked like this.

Attached: 1556242255921.jpg (1280x720, 340K)

Not even close kiddo

Attached: ps2.png (640x480, 328K)

Not like Koei Tecmo hasn't already put out better-looking stuff on Switch.

Attached: atelier lulua.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Oh hey, I remember that place.

Attached: 2017-10-09-054355.jpg (960x544, 111K)

I hope you spent all those hard-earned kingdom points to build Meruru's statue since it's canon.

Attached: Atelier-Lulua-Meruru-Keina-Screenshot-01.jpg (960x540, 614K)

It was part of the plat, so yes.

because doom runs at 24fps at 520p

Doom ran fine, you console war spastic.

Wow, what an incredible style! This will age so much better than photorealistic garbage! I'm so glad we have manufacturers like Nintendo that force devs to focus on art style rather than lame photorealism! The results are incredible!

>muh graphix

Uh, what? It's an entirely new engine, not a fork of Unreal.

A game where waifus are the main selling point looking like shit doesn't help you. The gameplay is shit, the story is pants on head retarded and the all that's left is basically a dating minigame.

>super stylised characters
>environments not stylised
Why do devs keep doing this?

Are you retarded? I can get the worst trash to run on PS4 too. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

UE4 is great for development but at this point the engine is getting bloated with licensed middleware and feature creep.

>muh graphix

Game looks fine, gameplay is good, i have a lot of fun going through it.
Sour grapes fags have no games to play right now.

>I have fun, that means nobody else is allowed to feel any different about it
Do you enjoy smelling your own farts aswell?

>graphics are shit
>gameplay is shit
>story is shit
What do we have left?

What game are you talking about because you're seriously not talking about three houses at all. Are you sure you're not in a persona thread?

>1280x720
Try putting it in the dock

Is that a PS2 game

It's not that they can't, it's that they don't want to, because Japs are hyper-conservative fucks who huff their own farts. That's why netcode in Japanese fighting games is still stuck in the early 2000s. They design their shit around what works for them, and nobody else.

What I don’t get is how everything else looks great except for environmental onbjects

No it's not you sweaty dweeb

>>devs include voice acting, cutscenes, 3D visuals, and battle animations for you
heh
>some of the worst and laziest animations in FE
>not even most special weapons get special animations but simply added effects
>too much voice acting is just eating up ressources
>3D visuals are trash
>most casualized FE ever
>fetch quests out of the ass in a fucking SRPG game
>anime high school romance everywhere
>10000 loading screens
>constant calendar interruptions
>forced to do mundane bullshit if you wanna get all supports up instead of just doing it on the battlefield
>exploration is just allocating skill points which was handled with two clicks in older entries
>weapon durability useles due to unlimited materials
>maps are the worst in years
>ZE WARUDO gimmick for casuals who can't into strategy
>red line of attack gimmick for casuals who can't into positioning
Pull your head out of your ass.

I want to fuck Rabbid Peach.

If by nobody else you mean salty platformwars niggers, you're right.

I thought you guys only cared about gameplay and other aspects of the game didn't matter, well bother.

Attached: 1554616459359.png (613x648, 181K)

That has always just been a defense when other parts of a game are lacking. We have threads about music, waifus, graphics and literally anything else about games constantly. Gameplay threads make up the minority of a game, at best you get opinions like "it's fun" or "it's shit" and that's all you ever hear.

It's almost like gameplay is just a buzzword and doesn't really mean anything.

I'm confused. Are actual units just surrounded by randoms? For what reason?

battalions

>best looking open source engine in existence
Unreal is not open source dummy

it's fire emblem, the one that always had worse gameplay compared to Advance Wars that died

Nintendo has almost always had a reputation for developing gameplay over graphics, I don't get why you underageyearolds are just now figuring this shit out.

You can equip generic battalions on main units and use them while attacking to get stat boosts and/or add additional effects to attacks. Enemies can as well.

I'm 25 hours into the game and haven't seen battalions rendered in map view like this.

you can zoom in

""gameplay"" is not an excuse for ineptness. This is as bad as Pokemon SS
Stop with your stupid double standards. You can't just praise gameplay whenever the graphics is shit, and also decide to praise graphics whenever it's actually passable.

Can I emulate 3houses in PC yet?

>ineptness
RDR2 is a perfect example of good graphix, shit gameplay and yet i don't see anyone raising the double standard card on that one.

When you are in combat you can toggle between an over head grid map (the default perspective) and an on the ground view that shows all units on the field, including battalions. I prefer using the default but if you want to try I believe it’s just + to shift perspective

History revisionist detected

>Nintendo has almost always had a reputation for developing gameplay over graphics

Literally wrong, gamecube was stronger than ps2 and n64 was on par with ps1, their trend of shit graphics only started with the Wii, and every home console they've made since then has been trying to play catch up.

>underageyearolds

just because you turned 18 like a fucking week ago or some shit does not mean you shouldn't be underage b&

>Can't do anti-alising because engine limitations
>Decide to use an art style that uses outlines on every character

The most retarded decision they made.

RDR2's a perfect example of great graphics and great gameplay. Just because you can't bounce on Goombas in every game and *BING BING* *1-UP* *WAHOO!* in every game doesn't mean they're shit.

Your choices are either bad graphics but high res and ok performance or good graphics but sub-hd resolution and framerate hovering the 20s.
Be smart and wait until the pro and see how that performs.

>How the fuck is this even possible on a console that can run the newest doom?
By not having any artists in team beside character designers.

Coming from a zoomer who have no clues nor experience to know what good gameplay is, i shouldn't be surprised you find RDR2 great in gameplay.
>sluggish controls
>boring gunfights
>linear missions
>bugs
>collision detection is ass
yeah great game allright.

Basedtch, not even once

Attached: trials 1.png (844x482, 719K)

Nintendo has made literally 0 effort to catch up. As it is, the switch isnt sold at a loss and sells super well. The gamecube, however, sold poorly. Nintendos focus has been on lower end consoles and its done pretty well overall.

>i see that dirtbike rally, in my dreams... trials hill

What GameCube game is this?

JAPANESE (((GAMES)))

It's funny because the Gamecube Fire Emblem looked like an N64 game.

>three branching story lines
>every single text line fully voiced
>1 extra side route
>writing that is actually competent for once
>BUT DA GROPIXX

ISIS never even made an HD game in their entire lives, I'm amazed it doesn't crash half the time

>three branching story lines
>every single text line fully voiced
>1 extra side route
>writing that is actually competent for once
Wow, welcome to 2002.

Attached: 1551282861726.jpg (616x353, 41K)

Comparing Gothic 2 to FEturd is dishonest to Gothic.

>All those copy pasted soldiers
that looks so fucking bad holy shit, give them different stances at least.

This is literally location from hyrule warriors. The one where you fight Cia.

It's a valid criticism when it looks this bad and they chose an art style that doesn't help with the low graphical fidelity.