Fitting an NES game in 40 kb

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQ0591PAxM

Why. Why would you make this? How does this serve anyone at all? Who the fuck asked for this? Is there a point in doing this? Does this entertain anyone at all?
How fucking random desperate and crazy will retro gaming get?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NBG-sKFaB0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why. Why would you make this? How does this serve anyone at all? Who the fuck asked for this? Is there a point in doing this? Does this entertain anyone at all?
How fucking random desperate and crazy will op get?

game was cool, oppinion discarted.

It's not for entertainment. It's a technical/programming challenge. It's hard to understand for a manchild who is high on instant gratification vidya drugs and hasn't developed a skill in his life that he can push to the limit.

kkrieger is still more impressive though.
This game is 96 kbytes large, less than 3 times of that NES game.
youtube.com/watch?v=2NBG-sKFaB0

File compression is one of the engineering fields where there's a lot of improvements to be made. These guys clearly have invested time in it and showing it off in a humorous way. Loosen up sometimes.

>OH NO NO NO WHY PEOPLE ENJOY VIDEO GAMES?

Why don't you just go back to your Smash roster faggotary thread?

what do you mean why?
this is amazing

Yeah I don't know how a 40KB NES game entertains anyone at all

Attached: smb size.png (341x213, 8K)

FPWP

>we had the idea to mirror levels
That's where you spot they're just fucking soulless hipsters

It's a clever solution for what they're trying to do. What would you suggest instead?

BASED

Playing through a mirrored layout platformer can't result in a good experience no matter what and shouldn't be considered viable, ever.
Most people never noticed Mario levels were repeated layouts, but if you make it as obvious as mirroing the Y axis straight to the face of the user for a whole level, imagine the consequences.

t. has no idea how to program
get a job

>No retorts to the other user
Do you know how to program you fucking nigger?

Did you play the game? Or at least finish watching the video? The levels are altered after being mirrored.

Super Mario Bros. is 32 KB

Funny you say that because it's my actual job and I make games in my spare time
I did. Letting people know you had this stupid idea doesn't send a good message.

I can understand your frustration OP, seeing as you appear to be an autist who's never taken on any kind of creative or technical challenge in his life.

>I did. Letting people know you had this stupid idea doesn't send a good message.
You need to relax.

I asked what you would do differently and you haven't responded, instead calling it stupid as if your opinion has any value by itself. Makes me think you're some kind of child.

Amazing? How old are you? Is this your first time seeing a NES game or something?

>kkrieger
Is there a video that explain this wizardry ? I just can't believe that once the game is open that we only use 96kb of memory

>I asked what you would do differently and you haven't responded
Maybe because I don't care ? What answer are you expecting when there's not many possibilities and when they explain it literally 3 seconds later in the video ?

>use 96kb of memory
That's because it doesn't, it procedurally generates most of the assets. The game's actual size during running is 200-300MBs.

I hate assholes who complain about things but don't even attempt at offering a solution. Grow up.

Possibly because the game is far more sophisticated than Super Mario Bros and because it isn't using any add-on chips and such.

Embarassing. If you just want to be a spectator in arguings, don't bother replying to people and stay mad behind your screen.

Attached: 1524011238864.jpg (500x362, 25K)

>I make games in my spare time
Got a link?

people don't need your approval to pursue things that interest them, faggot