When did it all go so wrong?

When did it all go so wrong?

Attached: valve.png (2560x1440, 582K)

market

Hats. Monopoly. Hordes of free drones.
Lootboxes and RNG mechanics everywhere, even with steam cards drop.

Steam got too big.

Before 2010 steam was the DRM you had to put up with to play your favorite valve games, but more and more studios kept putting their games on steam, till steam became the most convenient place to get all your games.

Valve then abandoned game development all together by 2013, instead focusing on keeping steam as a platform to sell games and microtransactions, Valve might as well just change its name to Steamworks, because thats all they are these days.

rivers of money made higher ups uninterested in anything that isn't toying with internal power dynamics to get stock options and bigger salary.

Steam absorbing the best mind Gaben not whipping the company for not doing anything beside steam made it so their creativity and content output has dropped to near 0.

from what we know from Tyler, the cocksucker, games and fabolous features and projects get made all the times, but don't get finished.Just work enough to get upvoted when the salary reviews happen.

1. a bored mofo on Yea Forums is still pissed HL3 got cancelled or something
2. makes a thrash topic about Valve and how they turned to shit
3. week later another user is bored and does the same
4. it slowly catches on and becomes a meme
5. it grows and spreads
6. the media smells fire and jumps onto the bandwagon: Valve falling apart as we know it!
7. whole thing spirals further and further out of control
8. Valve: ??? we dindu noffin?
9. Sweeney: this is a perfect chance to try and get the PC market under my control muhahaha
10. Valve: ??? wuttuf is going on? anyone?
11. Even more flamebait topics that Valve is dying and Epic needs to strike the mighty beast down
12. Self fulfilling prophecies anyone?

Long story short: Yea Forums created EGS.

When they bringing loot box, drm, and paying mods to pc gaming. Fffuck valve I epic games now oh no no no looking away top of head

Nothing? They found sources of revenue more profitable than game development and reached new financial heights because of it.

>irrelevant chinkoid store mentioned twice in the first 5 replies, unprovoked
Yeah now we all know what the thread is REALLY about.

>oh no no no looking away top of head
Remenber everyone, this is the kind of post an epic shill makes.

nah epic is using V to kill valve and take its spot.

they're making way too much money to give a fuck and I don't blame them they've earned it

This is the most fan-fictiony thing I've read about Valve in years. Their own early documentaries and interviews already revealed the problem: ad-hoc team management where team leaders pick and choose who they want, and what they want to make. Turns out, everyone just wants to make hats and curate community updates, so they can do less work while still keeping cushy jobs.

Yeah for valve shill to being mad and seethe because being mad fffuck steaming

Nobody gives a shit about your cluinky upstart shop, Ping. We're shitting on nu-Valve itt.

Attached: i wanna fuck a warm pancake.jpg (1280x1707, 370K)

Steam

Team Fortress 2.

Remember when they said they were going to make games again?

What we got:
-Artifact (a dota pay2win card game lmao)
-Underlord (Mooore Dota in a braindead mobile game edition)
-VR demo (Not games)

Attached: 231315331.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

When Call of Duty became Steam exclusive.

IMAGINE WHAT WE MISSED BECAUSE THESE FAGGOTS AT VALVE RELEASE NEW HATS AND WORK ON THIS FUCKING VR BULLSHIT NO1 GIVES A SHIT ABOUT VR

>Source 2
>HL3
>Source Film Maker 2
>GMOD powered by Source 2
>Team Fortress 3
>Left 4 Dead 3

i just want to play hl3 mods gabe you kike

The do whatever the fuck ya want method alongside corp politics meaning that you cant actually do whatever the fuck ya want, meshed with you needing others to do shit for ya and the atleast implied aproval of the higher ups. These fucks hire anything and anybody, even Starbounds community manager got in, that glasses wearing redhead ho.

Its a mess, a disguised but still burocratic, self interested and corp mindsetting mess of a game corp with too much cash to even think straight anymore, having more canceled games in the bin than a abortion clinic post prom and featuring a "legitimately too big to fail, lets fuck around" status imposed onto it.

They can do whatever. So they choose to do whatever they want. What they want isnt what we want.

Attached: 1541375201081.jpg (558x558, 24K)

based Yea Forums, fuck steam

Attached: 1560196132241.jpg (550x627, 45K)

I honestly just wish for a source engine 2 release and a team fortress 2 port to the new engine.
I'm still waiting for them to drop that fucking engine, so I can start making a game.

Please stop reminding me of how fucked Valve is.

Attached: 1501727386390.jpg (1000x1000, 731K)

Per usual, answer is open ended management, it works fine in small company with passionate people who all know each other, but go over a threshold and it becomes a liability. Because Valve as any other company doesn't want to reorganise they are stuck with this shit.

valve got too comfy

god fuck valve, that red logo reminds me about the new steam OS that was suppose to come but probably got cancelled like everything else at valve. With the failure of artifact and the fast release of shitty dota chess, I hope valve gets whats coming to them. Maybe then they might actually finish something thats not a shitty 1000$ gimmick with no games.

>enters a Valve hate thread
>suddenly thinks everyone loves eggs
No, no. This is the legitimate Valve hate thread. Eggs is a special kind of retarded we can save for another thread.

Attached: holup.png (331x327, 173K)

Glancing at the thumbnail i thought they had made transmet glasses for heavy in tf2

Fucking this i would kill for a modding scene like source had again. Constant stream of new multiplayer and singleplayer mods. Who knows if zoomers would even play tho, i dont want to turn this into an us vs them post, but seriously so many great hl and hl2 mods even on steam nowadays and nobody is playing them. Not even one person playing neo tokyo or nuclear dawn.

Team fortress 2

People let them get away with their bullshit all the time. So of course they saw that as being acceptable to continue doing so.
But this is what happens when retards keep "buying" inordinate amounts of digital products with artificial scarcities, which they don't even own at the end of the day.
Ask to be fucked and you will be fucked. Thoroughly.

Their last decent game was Portal 2. Over five years ago.
That's about when it went wrong.

either steam or TF2 hats or maybe both

The Portal games may have become famous, but they are completely lackluster.

It never did.

DOTA 2

Good games though.