Y/n?

y/n?

Attached: RAINWORLD.jpg (1600x800, 228K)

y
But like two months ago when there were threads daily and people were having fun shooting the shit.
Still a yes, though.

Yes, but it's not for everyone. Some people can't appreciate kino

What is it? Strictly from the op post I'm going to guess an indie 2d platformer except without the platforming because it's a modern game and such tasks are too challenging / frustrating for zoomers

Exploration/Survival based platformer where you play as a small prey animal struggling to survive, find your family, find meaning in life.
It does close to no handholding and all the reviewers hated it.

Attached: bll.webm (810x642, 2.9M)

There's some really tough platforming actually.
The world is really designed to be as organic and believable as possible, the result is that you actually feel like a rat in an oversized ruined city where the way forward is rarely obvious.
It might be the hardest game that doesn't sell itself on its difficulty, it's a consequence of its design rather than a desire to be hard.

Attached: double vultures.webm (1242x698, 2.89M)

Attached: pro slugcat parkour.webm (800x450, 1.26M)

>But like two months ago when there were threads daily and people were having fun shooting the shit.

nigga january was half a year ago, not two months

There was a huge resurgence of threads in mid-april for some unknown fucking reason. Heck, every now and then we still get a few threads on the chain.

There's been sporadic threads every now and then but during january-february there were daily threads that often reached 500+ posts. It was a magical time.

Attached: Ⓧ.png (600x600, 317K)

Those threads made me buy that game
I couldn't really get into it, but I'll try again when I'm finished with botw

It takes a little while to click, sometimes all you need is to put it down and come back later. Unless you feel like you got super far I'd recommend starting over, you'll probably be amazed at how fast you'll cover ground that used to take ages to get through.

Attached: 1549081907539.jpg (846x1200, 131K)

I didn't get very far, it would probably take you 5-10m to get to where I was. I mainly felt stuck as if there were dead ends in every direction I could go, and I had no idea how to make it past the monster guarding wherever I could see a path.

I'll get back into it soon.

>I had no idea how to make it past the monster guarding wherever I could see a path.

Take the caveman approach and throw a fucking rock at whatever it is, then preferably followed up by a spear

a good rock upside the head stuns almost anything long enough to zip by, if you can't use the terrain to sneak by unnoticed. lizards in particular are weak to the ol' rock-spear combo, the rock flips their head around and a spear right after gets them in the soft and squishy bits.

oh and if you find yourself in a wet place called drainage system, turn 1080 degrees and get the fuck out, you don't want to be there.

good luck

Attached: 1548888994149.jpg (1024x1280, 211K)

Hell yes.
One of the best indies I've ever played. I can't stop thinking about it

What the fuck is this I've played for about 30 minutes and suddenly water and it was horrifying.

Attached: 1558371204782.jpg (680x774, 88K)

That was just some rainy weather.

Attached: 1552510369466.png (814x294, 141K)

>rain pouring down heavily for a good 20 seconds, getting worse every second
>suddenly stops
Huh? Maybe I'm saf-
>PLINK

Attached: 1548738460077.png (500x500, 45K)

y
You owe it to yourself to check it out, because on the chance that it clicks with you, it'll be one of the most mesmerizing games you'll ever play.

I bought it during the summer sale and beat it over the weekend. It's a shame I missed out on the discussion, but somehow I managed to go through it completely blind.

Oh it just dawned on me. Rain World.

Just completed the game, turns out i completely skipped unfortunate development.
Should I replay? feel like i missed some kino

did you just go around into arrays or whatever it's called or did you fuck up completely by coming in from the Wall? UD is cool but also massively frustrating and a colossal casual filter, but they both lead to the same area.

Yes++ but only if you have enough endurance for the initial frustation.

I think it's a very replayable game, especially because you can really feel how much better you've gotten at the game. But Unfortunate Development is also the absolute worst area in the entire game so don't replay it just for that.

Came in from the wall, used spears to climb into the pipe, I had no idea what i was doing

you could make one of those super meat boy death-replays of all my attempts at that one room with the failing anti-gravity generator and it would be a slugcat holocaust

Attached: 1548910965195.png (432x384, 122K)

Funny thing is UD is by far the fastest route to 5P, provided you tried enough times to get the hang of it.
Plus, in the other route you can get stuck in that fucking gravity vortex room forever.

No need to restart. Reload last save, climb the leg again, do UD, grab 2 more neurons and give them to moon.

Ah, you skipped the absolute kino that is Random Gods. It's worth redoing to see, but UD is skippable if you just go left in 5P.

Threadly reminder to kill all scavs.

Attached: 1550707907414.webm (500x281, 1.84M)

threadly anti-reminder to befriend all scavs and take your place on the throne as lord of the garbage wastes.

i swear most of you goddamn lizards are probably bouncing around all over the place with a spear out and then complaining that you get shanked for """"""no raisin""""""

t. dirty scav apologist, no need to @ me

Attached: 1547683863478.png (999x1048, 151K)

Funny you should say that. Rain World is one of two games I can think of off the top of my head that are intentionally frustrating, the other being MGS2. But unlike MGS2 where it's very cheekily done in cutscenes and HUD elements and mostly stays out of the gameplay, Rain World goes all in and isn't afraid of not being fun a lot of the times to convey an idea.

Yeah, you should go back and check out what you missed. It's probably not going to have the same impact, but that entire sequence is something else.

didn't you watch the intro?
This is rain world

Zoomers won't last 2 hours in this game. Like others implied, this game throws established convention straight to the trash in order to properly convey the message it wants you to experience.

Attached: 1549267813797.jpg (480x248, 54K)

The amount of intentional hidden movement tech in this game is nuts. Also fucking impossible to do on a controller. I have no idea how consolebros are doing it.

The devs have been counting down to something over the last couple of days on their twitter. I'm hoping it's a new update but I had a thought that maybe the more slugcat mod will be released then and the devs just promote it on twitter.

Would be great timing for me, I just beat the game but I'd really love that stuff for a replay.

the countdown is in chinese so it's probably localization

Wait, can you befriend the lizard things?

yes

Yes, it even grants you a Passage.