What's your opinion on Escalation missions? I personally find most of them to be tedious

What's your opinion on Escalation missions? I personally find most of them to be tedious.

Also, Hitman thread.

Attached: 1543754771911.png (808x853, 505K)

Better once they reduced them from 5 stages to 3. I try to do them, but they're mostly hit or miss. The most recent one on Snail was just a good way to kill time at best. Although, I don't ever try to get a good rating for escalations. Maybe they'd be more interesting if I did.

Attached: 1560202422646.jpg (496x673, 96K)

a toast!

Attached: 1562693935886.png (400x480, 189K)

They're pretty shit and an obvious attempt at milking content. Why would you take a game that excels at player choice and then make missions that revolve around restricting that?

The sniper mode and the multiplayer modes are shit too. Just stop fucking trying to do anything other than full levels.

to gamers everywhere

Attached: Screenshot_47.png (285x330, 182K)

But user how else will they desperately get people to buy their game when sales are massively down from Absolution?

By making a good game, which is what they did (faggot)

Honestly, escalations are fucking stupid. Give us more elusive targets and what not. Give us more actual maps or let us fucking explore the sniper maps and keep the shit in them. Who else 100% the bank mission? I can't 100% it because the trophy isn't an object for me at all its just part of the map and I can't kill the bitch with it. Also I learned you can just spawn with the sniper or a pistol I guess and shoot the bitch through the glass from the doorway. What a maymay.

>give us more timed, one-attempt-only content that comes back two months later anyways
eat shit I'm fucking sick of paying sixty dollars for a game and not getting content because some stupid fucking kike wants people to buy the game early and then launch it once a month for its entire lifespan to unlock everything

Attached: oh.png (118x120, 36K)

Not implying they made a bad game, just saying they're padding out content so people can say they get their money's worth.

I prefer when they give us a target to pop than when they make us shoot 12 people with shotguns that don't matter. At least give us tasks on the map that we can accomplish however we want to.

they should make the ai much more freeform and dynamic instead.
if i snipe a guy then next level he should stay away from windows, open spaces, and post guards that shoot me on sight if i try to get on a rooftop or climb a ladder to a high point.
if i poison a guy then next level he should have guards test all food and drink for him and have all food and drink workers be extra vigilant and remove or lock up all the rat poison
if i lockpick too many doors i want the ai to switch all locks to a keycard system and if you try to shoot the panel alarms go off
if i cause too many accidents i want the ai guards to steer the target away from potential hazards and all the scripted sequences
i want targets to go to panic rooms that dont have stupid shit like a convenient vent or pipe that lets me still poison them
i want explosives to play a bigger role

I like shooting posted guards and nobody ever replaces them. They just leave it wide open. the AI is really fucking static in this and they masked it pretty well at first glance but its all scripted. Also explosives are stupid OP, throw the pale duck at the target and walk away to blow them up and they never notice or seem to care.

they can be fun, usually the 3 stages ones are more interesting, but yeah, they are for the kind of people that just do the objectives, a way of forcing the player to mess around the game.

If anyone sees the targets body from a pale duck kill you lose SA.
Your better off dropping a breaching charge alongside a propane flask

yes and if its a map with the three targets that are kinda related like santa fortuna, if you kill one target the other two targets are oblivious. if i kill ricardo then i want andrea to go full panic mode and double the guards that patrol with her and see through my disguises and for jorge to lock down his drug lab and surround it with heavily armed guards and lock all the doors.

We'll probably never get AI this good because speedrunners would have a fit if you couldn't get consistent results.
They removed a bunch of fibre wire kill animations from 2016 that were slightly longer than the ones currently in the game for the same reason.

>i want explosives to play a bigger role
I just noticed you can't put explosives in a briefcase and blow it up. what the fuck IO

I like them as something to do after learning the maps well.
It's fun using the map knowledge you've gained from the main missions to find interesting ways to complete the escalations.
Featured contracts on the other hand are complete trash.

Attached: 47_Grin.png (177x190, 44K)

>brainstorming ideas for killing sierra knox
>give the flamingo guy his keys, then sneak into the alley and plant down the duck behind some trash cans so when she comes and kills him I can detonate it and blow her ass up
>her and flamingo guy come around at last
>guard turns around and immediately hones in the duck shoved behind garbage and not actually visible to him
>shoves it into his pocket and the plan is ruined
>shoot him in the head and go to shoot her as she shoves the mascot into the hole
>miss and hit her collarbone
>she flops onto the ground screaming and rolls into the vent after the flamingo guy
>it counts as an accident kill

Attached: waltuh.jpg (1090x1200, 359K)

escalation missions are alright i'm just doing them to grind for the silenced smg so i can stop being shit at the elusive targets

I think they're boring pointless fluff and their effort would be better placed making an actual mission editor instead of the barebones Contracts thing, then just put all those Escalation modifiers as options for the missions.

They should also make more bonus missions that make actual changes to the main levels, and let them be used in the mission editor too.

I like them. They are a quick challenge to complete which is nice. I just don't like when they limit you way too much to make it a challenge(Like with the Sapienza escalations).

I bought Hitman 2 during the Steam sale. Does anyone else hate Colombia or is it just me?

The levels are extremely hit and miss.
>colombia
>bumfuck nowhere in asia #1
>bumfuck nowhere in asia #2
>the literal castle
>colorado

Now Miami, New York and Vermont... THOSE are levels.

>4 targets
>always hostile
>one exit

It's a pleb filter. It does suck, but you'll learn to like it and hate Bangkok like a true Hitman patricians.

>THAT is Captain Douglas Jay Falcon, renowned bounty hunter and F-Zero racer. I suggest you avoid engaging him in a fistfight, 47. Rumor has it his punches have quite the sting.

Attached: 3463771-smash-classic-site.jpg (1214x933, 643K)

why cant we just have bloodmoney remakes yet?

He said Colombia, not Colorado. I can understand how you would be confused, though.

Man, I can't help but feel let down by Vermont. Would it have been so much to ask to at least have every building enterable? And maybe tone down the wackiness levels a little bit on all the residents there. I mean I love most of the humor in the TM games, but damn that level started to go a little overboard.

>Colombia
I didn't like it at first but it grew on me once I learned the map, I like how the mansion is centred and you can reach any point in the map from it. I also like the variety of locations the village is comfy, I like jumping between the bushes in the coca fields, and the mansion itself is a cool contrast to the shittyness of the surrounding areas.
Nothing has changed my mind about Colerado though, it's complete shit.

Attached: 1560512198153.jpg (1065x859, 260K)

I agree, I only do the escalation missions that give you unlocks however some of them can be legitimately fun. I wish we could do custom escalation contracts.
Here's what they need for the season 3 to improve on the current game:
>fully customizable contracts mode - like TES/Fallout modding tools level, customizable events/stories, etc.
>first-person mode
>a testing area map where you can fuck around with all your unlocks and the AI, maybe like a safehouse that has all your unlocks loaded in and around the safehouse is a small sandbox area to fuck around with AI/mechanics
>customizable suits and weapons, instead of unlocking reskins of the same stuff give us unlocks for customization/cosmetics and players can create their own suits/weapons and share them
>fix all the shitty bugs
>focus more on regular maps, either revamp ghost mode or take it out entirely and remove sniper assassin
>more mechanics and tools (poison food, bigger loadouts?, etc.)
>add back in a first person mode
Other than that, HITMAN 2 has been so much fucking fun. It can be stressful as fuck on first playthroughs but once you learn the maps and the clockwork shit that happens on them it becomes amazing as you plan shit out and fuck around with things.

Attached: 1545553347358.jpg (321x322, 40K)

I've been doing that a lot what the fuck. I don't know about Columbia though. I want to like it more than I do. Same with Mumbai.

I think Vermont would have been better if there wasn't the "find 3 clues" side objectives. Sure they are easy as fuck if you know where they are but if you only had to focus on killing the targets it would have been better.

Yeah, I feel that. I just don't like shithole brown person country settings that much. It works once in a while but having two of them back to back like that sucked.

>perfectly coordinate killing both targets while SASO
>have to spend 20 minutes retracing steps and wandering around the map looking for fucking clues

Attached: ted.png (615x429, 123K)

Lately I've been doing John Wick runthroughs:
-No killing civillians, punching them is OK
-No accidents, guns or knife kills only
-No disguises
-No staying in one room for more than 1 minute (to prevent 'tower defense' mode)

It's harder than you think but leads to some sick footage.

Usually I agree but Mumbai has grown on me. I love the bollywood section.

>john wick
I tried this numerous times but it's just too easy to walk down a hallway and shoot anybody you see in the head, unless three or four round the corner at once (like near a target) you can just wipe the entire map

I like parts of Mumbai, like the chawls and especially that trainyard hideout with all the plants, but I just don't want to spend any time at all in the connecting parts between them.

It should have been optional like sgail

>Last update made it so you could leave Colorado from any exit after beating the mission once

They could easily do the same for side objectives on replays. Just make side objectives necessary for SA rank or something so it doesn't fuck with speedrunner autismo.

>He's going for SASO?
>Take down his internet and make him leave to game open for two hours so he doesn't have to start over.
Offline challenges and unlocks when?

Attached: 47Bog.jpg (1440x810, 205K)

Attached: 1542060659345.jpg (2759x3240, 3.21M)

You guys enjoying that electric phone?

Attached: 863550_20190627201649_2.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)