>Arguing for twenty years
Thiefcucks are pathetic.

Attached: 1414.png (1323x205, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefreedictionary.com/genetical
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469607774/#469621265
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rent free

>Making a new thread a day later to complain about someone that disliked something you like
I don't usually use this because it's a shitty meme, but you might actually be SEETHING user

I'm not OP but i do agree that Thief fans on Yea Forums are the most autistic and insufferable group of them all.
They'll show up every single thread about every single stealth game just to complain endlessly and they'll never shut the fuck up about it, for years.
God forbid you even remotely try to make a Dishonored thread, for some weird reason it triggers them super hard.

But he's right, Theif 2 blows MGS out of the water in every single way. There's just no comparison. You making a thread about it on another (?) board won't change that.

Rent free
imagine caring and arguing about fanbases, lmao

I just ignore them, Dishonored is one of my favorite series and every time I try to talk about it here some inbred faggot mentally stuck in 1999 shows up and goes
>NUH REAL STELF
>MUH THIF RIPOFF
>MUH THIEF DID IT BETTER
>MUH BLINK
>MUH THIEF
I almost feel bad for them at this point because they haven't been relevant in decades

I'm literally a fucking zoomer that grew up with MGS and only played Thief Gold last year and even I think Thief is better

>playing splinter cell V: the revengance of sam against a non muslim because its not post 9/11 anymore and thinking its stealth
In my eyes is more pathetic that kids nowdays need a quest marker, slowtime and autoaim leaving a trail of bodies and call that "stealth" because it was a "tactical takedown" and not calling it the action packed 3rd person over the shoulder cover shooter that actually is.

lmao thiefbabies

>Theif 2 blows MGS out of the water in every single way.
ah yes, the legendary thief bossfights were really something to behold, also the secret agent story of it has aged really well, just like the underlying critizism of rampant nuclear armament and its ramifications, or the later change to biological and genetical warfare. amazing how a game set in a steampunky medieval fantasy world could surpass MGS in all these, despite being literally nothing alike at all.

>genetical

If you genuinely compare thief to metal gear solid you are either making a very obvious bad faith argument or are really, REALLY stupid.

Attached: You.jpg (735x541, 35K)

>thefreedictionary.com/genetical
>(you)

>he genuinely believes that the themes in MGS are in any way deep or meaningful
Read a book, you dumb nigger, this shit is pathetic, Jesus Christ I bet you unironically think Kojima is a genius writer.

Attached: 1554041327434.jpg (330x319, 48K)

Old pcfags are schizos most of the time. However you're absolute cancer for making a thread about an archived post.

What do you expect? In a room of 100 people, how many do you think have read a book that wasn't a school assignement, let alone actively read books? You're expecting way too much in terms of philosophy and knowledge, especially people on a videogame board. Even though its themes are pathetically shallow,, MGS is the deepest thing 99.99% of this board will ever come into contact with

He's completely right about everything there though. MGS is a horrible stealth game, and it's plot and characters are the equivalent of twilight for nerds/weebs

I read a lot of manga though, you dumb nigger
Literature is literature

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I just HAVE to call you a dumb nigger, sorry. I hope this is bait.

Blink in D1 was OP. I liked how they did it with Emily in 2 tough, where it wasn't just an "out of sight, almost out of mind" button, but where guards could track you since you were just pulling yourself towards objects, and if it wasn't one that blocked their line of sight they would still chase you down.

>get BTFO by thief chads
>have to make a new thread to cry about it
go away taffer

Dilate

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469607774/#469621265
Here's the archived thread and post that OP screencapped if any of you are curious

Attached: autism.gif (480x270, 537K)

>boss fights
>in a stealth game

MGS fans really are retarded, huh?

>MGS zoomers still crying that they didn't own a PC and only had the PS1 their mom bought them
user, you got BTFO hard, you should just accept it, you're desperately trying to make it look like he's some raging autist by making a thread about it, hoping that you can get some freakshow effect going since we're extraneous to the conversation. It's not working, you're just showing how seething you are, especially since you had to make a thread about it.

Attached: 1539578885824.png (672x787, 930K)

>hoping that you can get some freakshow effect
Considering you just posted in this thread, i'd say he accomplished his goal.

Imagine being so autistic you make a thread because someone doesn't like your favorite series.

Attached: Smug Erika.jpg (551x600, 107K)

Thief fans are very insecure, like all PC gamers, that they aren't taken seriously. The truth is they are not taken seriously. The games are mediocre, the platform has no real classics, the mental gymnastics and lies from every PC gamer trying to cling to relevance is utterly pathetic.

It's a third world platform, you're third world players. You do not matter and never will.

I will never understand this retarded tribal mentality, like you couldn't play both fucking games.

Imagine naming all your Chinese VN reaction images.

Attached: 757.png (767x125, 9K)

The development of Thief is one of the most lmao vidya development stories ever. Looking Glass was making some shitty action horror game that had such unbelievably shit combat that they knew no one would play it. So what do they do? At the last fucking minute before launch, they turn it into a stealth game because, if you can't fix the combat, why not just punish the player by forcing them to partake in it if they get caught? The ONLY reason the series exists is because the combat was so bad it was turned into a punishment. Get fucked, Thief fans, and play a real fucking game.

It's from the manga, retard.

Attached: Smug reimu.jpg (700x700, 88K)

Cool, but she's from a VN and not from the manga no one read.

Yes but the image was a manga reaction image, not a VN reaction image.

Attached: 1479972468479.jpg (266x339, 18K)

But a manga is a novel based on visuals.

"classic" = "my parents were too stupid/poor to buy and set up a PC for me, so they bought me a console instead. I played console games when I was 10 and had no standards so I think the games were good"

But that's the trap. The manga adaption of the VN I posted isn't actually a VN, but a sound novel, checkmate.

look at all those classic PC exclusives he listed. time to face the facts junior, PC exclusives always sucked and unfinished shit like thief and thief 2, with the formers shitty monster missions and the latters shitty second half make them remarkably bad games.

Eh. I like the original two Thief games for their excellent level design in general, worldbuilding, atmosphere and mechanics.

MGS in my opinion, wowed everyone more with the fact that it was a cinematic, fully voiced game with great stealth mechanics and a certain degree of meta playfulness top some elements as well as an entertaining, if stupid and overly wordy plot.

But looking back, I find that the good mechanics ended up underutilized in a comparatively tiny gameworld that had to serve a convoluted plot instead. You really don't end up doing a lot before the next exposition -laden codec call and cutscene.

You argument... is relevancy?

Attached: bluewedge.png (832x189, 16K)

It's nice to see that MGS doesn't waste your time. Much of Thief is spent doing the exact same thing, hoping it still entertains you despite its levels that can last hours truly bores you to sleep. Thief is one of the few games I began nodding off playing.

????????? nigger the fuck are you talking about?
what makes you think i'm OP? how much of a sperg are you to instantly assume i'm someone else? didn't you see the IP go up? and why are you larping as a >>>>>>>>>>boomer when i can clearly see you're underage?
This is some weird ass bait

Attached: huh.jpg (270x320, 18K)

>MGS doesn't waste your time.
???

It's bait.

>have to sit and wait for locks to pick in thief
>have to sit and wait for the retarded guards to wobble past you
>only advanced techniques are exploits like tap movement which don't engage with the mechanics but rather evade them
>game bugs out frequently, leaving you floating make it so you make no noise anyway
thief fags will defend this

Attached: mspaint_2019-07-09_15-36-37.png (618x132, 11K)

>make it through pacman maze
>have to sit through hour long cutscene

mgs fags will defend this

>Every stealth game is a thief ripoff
They're really going all out on this retardation aren't they

Attached: 1534400993194.jpg.png (460x443, 149K)

they probably think thief was the first 3d stealth game or the first first person game with stealth elements lmao.

>Thief shitposting thread turns into Umineko RP shitposting

Attached: laughing-businessman-black-suit-office-phone-young-beard-52106988.jpg (1300x1389, 196K)

This smells like the "Every FPS is a DOOM Ripoff" faggotry of the 90s

Defend what? Fun gameplay? Better than sitting around waiting for a guard to not see you while they rub against a pitch black blob in a well lit hallway cuz the light maps are poorly calculated.

>a shittier version of pacman with shitty forced action is fun

>Has to make a new thread hours later to reply to some guy from a dead thread because he made you extremely butthurt
>But he's the pathetic one

Attached: 1559975586900.png (1033x737, 140K)

>the thief fan doesn't even enjoy fun game play
truly pathetic

>tfw when you'll never make an user so buttblasted he makes an entire new thread

>great stealth mechanics
I like MGS 1-3, but the controls and mechanics eat
>guards are utterly braindead and can only see three feet in front of them
>radar turns the game into a joke, only a few instances where you have to pay attention to puddles and shit
>couldn't crouch walk until the fourth game
>aiming sucks in all three games
The writing in characters in 1 and 3 are fantastic, though. Kojima gets all the credit in the world there.