SOULESS

SOULESS

SOUL

Attached: IMG_20190709_175024.jpg (1280x1438, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnecYWlURDY
romhacking.net/hacks/2594/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

does botw take place like a zillion years before oot anyways

After,

>technical limitations: the thread

soul vs soulless

Attached: soul_vs_soulless.jpg (1080x1080, 104K)

Attached: remake_kakiroview.jpg (1494x568, 133K)

>comparing daytime to nighttime
>using a screenshot of a youtube video for the 3DS
just stop

Attached: remake_LTTP_6b.jpg (1124x522, 178K)

The N64 version doesn't hold up as well, but the graphics are comfy

>only the version I enjoyed as a kid has soul
every time

>postprocessing ON/OFF

>LOW POLY = SOUL
>OLD THING GOOD, NEW THING BAD

Oh hey, that's Rocksy Light. It's funny you say the left is soul, because I'm pretty sure that was taken after her nose job.

>I grew up with an SNES so all stars is better

Attached: remake_SMB3_ending1.jpg (1204x2060, 504K)

the old things that I played when I was a kid are good
the new things that I didn't play when I was a kid are bad

me as a kid: soul
me now: soulless

Attached: spaguest.jpg (511x511, 92K)

Reminder that remakes are almost always worse than the original.
The only exception I can think of right now is John Carpenter's The Thing.

Attached: remake_W1.jpg (1816x2900, 1.27M)

If you ever want a good laugh, just ask a fellow user what "soul" is and watch them scramble for any meaning to the word they've run dry and shit out some pathetic pretentious paragraph filled with words they don't even know, just like 'soul'.

Attached: 1482930175921.png (225x225, 6K)

Nightmare in Dreamland was ok though. Being able to play as Meta Knight made it different enough that you could separate it from the original.

A better criticism would be of any 3DS remake. For example, Star Fox 64's 3DS remake got rid of Falco calling Fox Einstein.
Why?! I liked that line!

I really wish he kept the grey color from rof

wholesome soul
comfy soul

>GUYS I JUST WATCHED STRANGER THINGS DID YOU KNOW THE THING IS ACTUALLY A REMAKE
>MMMM NEW COKE SO GOOD
>WISH THEY'D BRING NEW COKE BACK JUST LIKE SEZECHUAN SAUCE XD

Attached: 1556828576431.gif (413x243, 51K)

This just reminds me that I've never actually played Super Mario 3 enough to beat it
I always call it quits by the ice world

Attached: funkycompare2.jpg (1700x900, 258K)

>left uses the same backdrop for each image
>right puts each one in a unique background, fitting each theme and even having the underwater world adding blue tint to the map
now that's soul

Why do new games have so much green? Look at how in N64 they actually use yelllowish colors to indicate dryness, but in BotW it’s like a sea of green. RDR2 does the same ugly shit in comparison to the first game where the grass looked more naturally parched. It’s like modern designers don’t know how to make grass look like anything other than totally healthy

Jokes on you. I haven't watched a second of Stranger Things.
Believe it or not, people can have good taste in film without getting their references from modern-day culture. In fact, it's common knowledge The Thing was a remake. One of John Carpenter's earlier films, Halloween, has a scene where Jamie Lee Curtis watches Thing From Another World.

Tl;dr you're an idiot.

Attached: SOUL1.jpg (1251x2052, 878K)

soulless
soul

>Lon Lon Ranch RUINS
>Is it before or after

I agree Ultimate is soulless, but you gotta put reasons. You can't just let the images speak for themselves, because someone who doesn't know what soul is could look at that image and say "but the right ones have more detail!" or whatever.

The remade maps in Ultimate are pretty soulful though, apart from Fourside, which fucked up the color palette for some reason

Did they at least rape the little girl before they destroyed her home and kill the horses?

What 100% of people who use the shitty "soul meme" don't know is that all the artists who created your so-called "soulful" works of art were constantly open to new techniques and trends, they never rejected new ideas or artstyles and called them "soulless", they were willing to learn and adapt to the market.
That's what separates the artist from you dogshit nobodies, but it's not like any of you will truly come to comprehend that.

Attached: 1482930673942.jpg (993x777, 107K)

It doesn't matter if you spoonfeed brainlets on why something is soulless. They'll never understand

Attached: remake_SMB3_all2.jpg (3500x2200, 1.89M)

I agree with everything in this thread except this, and I fucking hate smash. The Ultimate ones look good

I don't think the caves are supposed to have stars in the background. Pretty sure it's supposed to be a glittery reflective surface. Or maybe that glow worm cave I just googled.

Smb3 is the game i have the most nostalgia for, it is the first video game i ever witnessed my dad playing on our NES and have beat it countless times since but honestly my man i can't even blame you, it starts to get pretty boring around world 6-7.
As i kid i eventually stopped caring about beating it after world 5-3 where you can get the fun little boot powerup, because you couldn't keep it. And nowadays i only ever play world 8 if someone is already playing it and is stuck and calls me out on how good i am at fucking 2d mario.
I never want to play world 7. I'll usually grab a whistle and keep it just to skip 7.

You idiotic rant only applies when comparing two separate works not butchered remakes. But that's what one would expect from a soulless drone

Stay mad that you like to rant about an industry you know nothing about, because that's all you dorks do.
>DURR DIS SOULLESS!
>why?
>IT JUST IS!
Faggot.

try it user, i just beat it and it's lots of fun

>when a meleefag enters the thread

Attached: giphy.gif (500x375, 889K)

Just throwing it out there that the ranch in botw actually looks quite a but more soulful and natural than the oot one and I'm pretty sure op is being sarcastic

Never reply to me again if you don't have a soul drone

Why can't you faggots just say "charm" like normal human beings?

ALBW isn't a remake numbnuts

>you now remember there was that 00s phase when everyone and their mother wanked OOT as greatest game of all time
Yikes. It wasn't even best game on n64, let alone the generation. What made nintentoddlers such rabid, delusional fanboys and brand loyalists?

>complete fence with no holes
>horses
>deteriorated fence that has utterly fallen apart
>horse
Take care of your fence

Attached: 4B5CC7C1-0940-4743-981A-FA49D59D3800.jpg (641x1024, 47K)

Soul is more all-encompassing than charm.
In the 1800s they used the word "sublime" to describe what we call soul. That was how a lot of music of the Romantic era was created, by thinking more of the emotions it would evoke, rather than the artisanship of the piece.
Soul can be thought of as a synonym for the sublime. It's not something that can really be described, it's something you just have to feel.

This thread is
>low res
Soul
>high res
Soulless

why did they nerf funky's tits

BOUNCY HAT

Attached: 1562354008433.gif (400x200, 23K)

I have more of a soul you ever could, shitstain.
I volunteered in food preparation for feeding the homeless and I visited my nan every day in the retirement home on my own as a kid, I have more of a soul than you ever could have. What do you do? Sit behind a computer and complain about video game graphics? Woah bro, it takes a lot of courage to have a soul like that.

they actually managed to keep things really soulful in the updated maps

L O L

right is definitely more soulful

Don't know what these games are but right one looks 100x better.

Attached: Disregard.png (1440x990, 255K)

Attached: HD Remaster.png (784x744, 1.05M)

Right actually has more life and character, you can see it in his pose and expression, he gives off an aura of confidence.
Left may as well be a T-pose, there's no expression whatsoever, he looks as if he's been given no purpose.
You're just another SOUL monkey easily impressed by a fucking sunset effect in 3D lighting, that's it.
I could model any shitty blob in Zbrush right now and place in an orange light, and you idiots will lose your goddamn mind.

wow, you're that desperate to get into the game? you don't need to lie

Now that's actual soul vs soulless. In fact any comparison screen shot from OoT/MM and their "remakes" perfectly captures the issue.

With BotW, it's more like "dilute soul"; the soul is spread too thinly over such a large and vacuous world.

You replied to the wrong user.

I didn't grow up with a SNES, and the first I knew anything of SMB3 was playing through it's rerelease on the GBA. I thought it was shit. I hated the graphics and the crushed tiny screen made everything awful.

It wasn't until years later than I looked into SMB3 and its original releases. The original graphical style is unquestionably better than the over-saturated, poorly "shaded" version in All-Stars and the GBA version. And both NES and SNES are better to play than the GBA version, which also has horrendous audio.

In a nutshell, Nintendo have always been fucking awful at rereleases.

This. Fuck meleefags

Don't be so upset because you feel like a fool now.
When you're at the bottom, the only way is up, don't forget that.

The Thing's wildly overrated anyway. I like the acting and the basic scenario, and the gruesome special effects are brilliant (even if the guy who made them is possibly a Thing himself), but ultimately it's still not really scary. People often tout the Thing as "okay, but THIS is the horror film that actually has some philosophical implications for blah blah blah" and it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Why are you telling me this? I'm not your therapist.

>fur sleeves rolled up
right is better

Attached: reggie1.png (129x129, 28K)

What's funny about that? Anons have to learn that the soulless cannot perceive soul and that attempting to explain it is impossible, much like explaining colour is impossible to a man born blind.

I know it's you, Steve. Leave poor Shantae alone, she dindu nuffin to nobody and deserves her chance to shine

Yeah, that's kind of what happens after an apocalypse user, a "soulful" development with people and animals gets destroyed and all the "souls" that made it have "soul" are gone.
You're supposed to see the ruins of Lon Lon Ranch and feel a bit of nostalgia followed by sorrow as to what was lost.
and that is soul.

Classic disinfo, doesn't work on the wise

you know what. For once I disagree with the soulless soul shit.

The top is put together quickly, but using very well crafted models and a good amount of thought/effort went into the reference.

The bottom is just a flat ground with a texture lacking any identity. The fence is just a repeating texture and no thought went into its placement. Just an area big enough to accomplish its purpose. That small shelter is just about the only soulful thing in that image.

I disagree completely

Ultimate remakes the melee stages specifically to stand out like they originally did back during the melee times

Nah, Steve is this guy: You can think of me as a whistleblower. Every time Shantae makes a post, I'll be there to call her out. Let me tell you, she's a persistent one. She posts all the goddamn time.
*lights up smoke*
One day, we'll weed the bitch out.

the location doesn't make sense in context to the rest of the game world though, not to mention that the ranch has been completely absent post-OOT but then shows up again 10k years later?

more like a man born blind trying to explain what colour looks like
imagine being on Yea Forums and thinking you have a soul lmao

yeah the continuity is a bit wonky, but that's the feelings intended to be evoked and I can appreciate that intent.

holy fuck why in gods name would they remove all the damage on the armor? Left is literally full of soul and right is just generic and plain jesus christ

The background on a left is a stage because mario bros 3 was a stageplay

All stars should've at least kept the curtains on top

The fuck is Steve?

Where else on the internet are you allowed this much freedom of expression?

Many individuals capable of great illustration unfortunately don't know what *makes* a good illustration. This leaves them vulnerable to fads, memes and the poisonous influence of human parasites who infest art movements for the sake of their profit (eg SJWs, corporations).

Attached: 1542356496901.jpg (1600x1000, 1.41M)

>soulless =/= thing I don't like
I hate zoomers.

Attached: zeld.jpg (1597x956, 149K)

OOTdrones have no taste. That shitty game was a fucking downgrade from ALTTP

Don't hate Zoomers. The good among them have yet to learn, and will learn, just as the good among us and past generations learned. And the bad among them are no different to the bad among our ilk.

Friends.
I got Twilight Princess today (my first Wii game)
Is it supposed to look so blurry? It's not unplayable but its painful.

Ironic, because Zoomers are themselves soulless.

Attached: 16a.jpg (628x1600, 221K)

Soulless will always be games with no passion and only there to pander and make a quick buck like what most EA and Ubisoft games games are nowadays.
Bad games can have soul.

Attached: Sonic 06.jpg (220x280, 26K)

The Wii wasn't a HD system. I don't know what you're expecting.

Not really since there's still postprocessing in the left picture

Seek help schizo, the lack of soul is the least of your problems.

I would still call Sonic '06 pretty fucking soulless.
There is NO EXCUSE for the game being as buggy as it was given the time it came out in.

(You)

Something looks good: SOULLESS
Something looks like shit: SOUL

Yea Forums - Video Games

Yes, it's a pretty old game by now.

and it may actually be a 4th timeline entirely where it directly follows OOT without the events of Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, or Twilight Princess taking place at all.
There are references to all three timelines within BotW (Lynels, Koroks, and some descriptions and locations that allude to twilight princess) but it is inconsistent with all 3 timelines meaning it's either a timeline merge... or a separate timeline entirely.

and if it's a separate timeline, then the locations from OOT being present in BotW but missing in the other games is not such an inconsistency.

that entire scene was Lucas being made fun of for pretending that newer, objectively worse things are good. imagine being mad at a tv show for poking fun at stuff.

BOTW doesn't take place in the standard Zelda timeline. It's basically a reboot, which is why it's allowed to make references since nothing is directly related.

The back of the game says it's HDTV supported but I guess that meant something else in 2006?

Everyone knows Sonic 06 was pushed out early. The dev team was creating something with passion, but the production staff thought tightening their purse strings, was more important than a decent product.

ALBW had the best controls of any top-down-view Zelda game, but jesus christ did it look bad. The sprites of ALTTP or Minish Cap completly blow it out of the water.

Its not like everyone's dead or anything.

ALBW is better.

Got anymore lore comparisons like this?

>"remake" provides only minor qol improvements while ruining the original art
Why do they do this?

Attached: download.jpg (873x709, 125K)

I hate how close the reference is but not quite close enough. They really couldn't model a stone archway instead of a wooden one?
It gives me the same vibes as every single Chrono Trigger reference in Chrono Cross.

It's a shit game but Silver's voice acting is 100% pure soul. And no soulless game would have that cutscene where Shadow uses a chaos emerald to spinkick Silver in the back of the head.

Perfect Chronology is how the devs intended the game to be until the shit tier artist fucked it all up. Left is better.

Man the music of the lon lon ranch was so beautiful in oot. I remember hearing malon sing that song and wondered who sings this? I went to her and listened a couple of minutes before talking to her.
That is where I had the first love of my life...

Attached: 3196.jpg (500x572, 88K)

Saying it in the order of SOULESS / SOUL instead of SOUL / SOULESS is SOULESS tbqh

someone's jimmies are rustled
but hey, it's only a minor dispute, you'll move beyond this and get your life on track some day

Right looks better except for the night city stage and arguably Snake's only because it matches the original PS1 aesthetic.

>original art
>shit
(You)

Attached: download.jpg (1052x601, 242K)

Literal trash that ruined the devs intent. Fuck off Zoomer.

In this case, new is better.
Jeez...

Both of those scare me. Left looks like a little kid, right looks like some unholy soulless demon.

Attached: zrace.webm (960x1200, 2.41M)

Doesn't matter what newfags younglings say, OoT remake lost the vision and charm. It's not about nostalgia, it's that it's an entirely different vision of the game, and actually changes visual themes and mood. Bottom of the Well was fucked up, the contrast of what lied above was superb. The Redeads standing still in front of their graves. The anatomically correct skellies and MASS GRAVES. Zelda wasn't a Mario, it was a dungeon crawling tale of sword and sorcery. Little things like Lost Woods ambience clashes with the narrative of the place. It's an otherwordly woods, where people get lost and DIE. A place of sorrow and grief. Same as Shadow Temple and those places.

The contrasts of places in OoT as well as ambience and characters and monsters were what made OoT a classic tale and an awesome experience. Made you appreciate the kindness and jolliness of Kakariko and the past in contrast with the straiht up nightmare fuel that lurks below Hyrule and its impending, actual, not nice at all doom.

Attached: how you doin fellow teens with attitude.png (483x367, 227K)

Meleefags are so obnoxious.

OOT 3D isn't a remake and the 1.2 cartridge of the game already fucked it up. Dipshit.

This. OoT was a roller coaster full of different emotions.

I doubt you’ve played it. It was obviously rushed as fuck to meet the 15 year anniversary deadline. Put playing if you can see how much reverence for sonic adventure is present, while simultaneously trying to create something new and epic. It’s extremely ambitious

Five main tendencies:

1) Creative people of great perception (aka "people with souls") tend to move on from projects and explore new ventures, taking new risks and exploring more possible space.

2) The kind of people with the patience to sit and iron out all the kinks in an original game in order to make a remake perfect, and not fuck with any of the stuff that made it brilliant, don't appear to have much prescence in the cut-throat world of business. People like Pannenkoek are usually actively selected against by employers - because...

3) Most businesspeople are "soulless" and are in it to increase their personal advantage like the yeasty slimebastards they are. So when the creative people are off exploring their new project, it's the complete fucks to get to handle the remake, and they inevitable optimised said remake to make them a safe profit. This entails chasing fads and fucking with things to generate "muh controversy" because these things are good for sales, which is the only thing that matters.

4) General problem that afflicts anyone who gets very successful and doesn't know what to do with it: they become esconced in "wealth" that actually isolates them from the real world and obfuscates perception. High-status superstar designers can swan around making wank projects that all the yes-men in the world will approve and market the shit out of because it's their way to a meal ticket. All the fans saying "well this is shit" are unheard because the dev is on cloud nine, and doesn't even know it because they're being memed into spending all their time and money eating bullshit cuisine at pretentious restaurants and signalling #I'mWithHer or whatever. And when eventually the bubble burts (as it always does) and everyone stops buying that devs games FOREVER, the parasites will dump the costs on the unsuspecting deb and flee with impunity to another project, leaving the dev poor, reviled and dumbstruck by what happened to their life.

5) Copywrite.

Attached: DM desperately railroads the campaign.gif (418x315, 2.24M)

Why so bootyfondled user

Reminder that Super Smash Bros. Brawl was the last Nintendo game with soul.

We got a legit brainlet here folks

Remakes hotter.

Because zoomers are the cancer killing everything

Attached: soul and soulless.jpg (1280x720, 619K)

???

Why don't they avoid you?

"charm" implies cuteness
You wouldn't call a Resident Evil backdrop "charming" unless you're a weird horror aficionado.

She's one thing, but tell me how we go from this...

Attached: og.png (475x393, 462K)

OoT remake was fine, it improved the gameplay and looked better overall. MM3D fucked everything up.

...to this

Attached: re.jpg (400x240, 29K)

>"charm" implies cuteness
what the absolute fuck are you babbling on about, you drooling retard?

Attached: 1537281049278.png (500x888, 516K)

Brawl was pretty low-soul desune. The last Nintendo games I can think of that had substantial soul:

- Wind Waker
- Paper Mario TTYD
- Maybe SPM? Half-souled, the gameplay was mediocre and the artstyle got in the way of the PM charm
- Viewtiful Joe - arguably more Capcom than Nintendo
- The Advance Wars series
- Minish Cap

There was a general draining of soul from the company around the time it began to make its GBA ports of SNES titles. And honestly, there was always soul issues with the company. The head honcho was a mafia boy for cuk's sake. He had Gunpei Yokoi, a brilliant man, assassinated.

OoT totally looked worse than the original. All the polygons in the world won't help totally compromising the artstyle in ways diverse and deep, AND horrible animations.

It's time to look up the definition of "charming."

Attached: odyssey_fail2.jpg (2024x3576, 1.73M)

alright, get back at me when you do

I perfer 64 but this is trying way to hard to be a meme. Half of this shit makes no sense.

Are you dumb?

Because Forza 4 is technically inferior to 13 years old TDU.

It's elemental disinfo, same as . Ink blown out to saturate channels in the hope that some won't clear it.

Have you ever made a game?

Attached: masahiro-sakurai.jpg (225x237, 19K)

I don't care about your shitty argument but man upscaled OoT looks so good

And you have no idea what you even mean when you try to claim that Melee has mort soul than Ultimate, other than mumbling nonsense about muh colors and charm in a bad attempt to mask the fact that you only like it more because you played it as a kid.

I think you're confused and schizophrenic, your typing makes no sense and you should learn to articulate. Or just don't post at all.

No you are just retarded like all zoomers

I truly think SOUL comes form proper use of contrast and saturation in the colors. You'll find many new games nowadays don't properly use contrast, ESPECIALLY those Spyro remakes.

It was way more faithful to Yusuke Nakano's artwork, because it was based on it. When the original OoT was developed, Nakano drew everything based on the 3D models, and his art served as reference to how these characters SHOULD look. When people at Nintendo were developing OoT 3D, they used his art as reference. Visually speaking, OoT 3D looks better than the original in more ways than one. The only real issue was the 3DS itself, an extremely underpowered system that didn't let the developers truly realize their vision.

Attached: 61_3DS_Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-3D_Artwork_61.jpg (1914x2500, 2.83M)

What is the proper use of contrast and saturation?

I have made 3

>OoT totally looked worse than the original.
I disagree, OOT 3D looked exactly like the original artwork. The only thing they fucked up was the shitty lighting

>these resident evil monsters have more soul than the remakes
>no, they have more charm!

>"muh nostalgia!"

Yoshis New Island might be one of the ugliest games I've ever played

Attached: yoshisisland.png (1124x526, 646K)

uh yes
you don't look at terrifying husk and go "that thing has so much soul"
they're quite literally designed to look like soulless abominations
god you're fucking dumb

Soul vs Soulless is now as misused as Virgin vs Chad

Now THIS is soul.

Attached: SOUL.jpg (1484x2112, 470K)

Saturated colors, tight value ranges for the backgrounds, more diverse value ranges for foreground elements.

A good example where this is very apparent is in the original Polar Pass vs the Polar Pass in the Remake.

The thing about this game and many games like it nowadays (RDR2) is that the world is too big looks the same so when you come across something like this you don't think anything of it or even notice.

you obviously haven't played with yourself

Until soulfags are able to actually define what “soul” is, they will never have a coherent explanation for any of there examples that doesn’t boil down to muh childhood. the

This it pisses me off that post-OoT Zelda completely misses what made hyrule interesting, not even Twilight Princess and muh darkness could fix it.

lol the new buzzword schizophrenic

Are you saying to have colors low on saturation for bg and high for fg? And what about contrast? Also, this only seems to apply for side-scrolling games. What about games with freely maneuverable cameras in a 3D space?

>nes version uses 25 colours and looks ugly as shit on every single screen as well some shitty sprites with minor differences
>snes has a vast array of vibrant colours making every screen unique
The only thing that all stars missed was the curtains, then it would have been peak soul

>can only use words literally
This is an ironic post, right?

Dark Souls is the true sequel to OOT.

>Gillion years after
>Wood palisade is still up

Goddamn quality.

What makes Hyrule interesting?

>completely misses what made hyrule interesting,
Hyrule was a barren empty landscape in OOT. Even TP had places with more culture

Oakwood, OH user?

now you see why it's retarded to say they look like they have soul?
understand context clues, retard. when you tell someone to look at a decomposing face of a zombie and say "look at this guy, he has so much soul", surely you must understand why they'd give you a weird look

Maybe if you have no navigational skills or attention to detail. I don’t know how you could miss this in the game unless you’re mindlessly running around.

I like small touches like that.

>tfw never beat mario 3

Except it doesn't, it has a particular meaning here that fits better than "charm," which was the whole point of this argument in the first place.

This guy has no idea what he’s talking about and will not explain what he means by this, so don’t worry about it.

Ultimately there's no "one way to do things" since art can be approached from so many different ways, but my general argument revolves around many "soulless" games coming out now, both 2d and 3d, have very poor contrast with both colors, and values. Again take a look at the new Magic Crafters Hub world vs the new one in the Spyro remake.

I can't wait for the FF7R soulless threads where people actually claim that popeye arms had charm and soul..

>OMG LON LON RANCH LIKE FROM THAT OTHER GAME SO EPIC

Attached: 1518923885481.gif (500x368, 2.97M)

What is the particular meaning of “soul” then?

This. The N64 version has aged terribly in comparison.

Attached: aging like milk.webm (720x480, 1.22M)

So, is your issue that the colors of a given area in some games aren’t distinguished enough from each other?

Wow..such SOUL! Such CHARM!

Actually soulfull as fuck

It's not concretely or fully defined, but you're an autist if you don't know what's being implied when it's used. Hence why it isn't replacable with something like "charming," because it implies more than that.

Its the consoles forced filtering and lack of space for textures that makes everything on the N64 look like a muddy mess. Thankfully these can be turned off with mods.

Soul = thing I like
Soulless = thing I dont like

The games starting with Wind Waker feel like an amusement park, it only makes people think Hyrule is a nice place to live but it doesn't show you anything else that makes you think that is an actual place with history behind it, it feels plastic.

see

>but you're an autist if you don't know what's being implied when it's used.
Yeah it's soul = thing I like, or soulless = thing I don't like

this but in irl when i ask Christians to prove god is real

Attached: 5MXN7SX.jpg (281x283, 13K)

I fucking hate you soulfags. all it literally means it "old game good new game bad" I fucking hate this garbage board and faggots who say MUH SOUL

If you “know it when you see it,” then there are set parameters for what makes something soulful. What if I said pic related is soulful? Is it just because I think so?

Attached: 07872F0F-2065-4636-8530-FAC1CEA4339A.jpg (820x461, 272K)

Character model is, Background isn't

because most new games are corporate garbage designed to make the most profit possible, lots of indie games still have soul because they're passion projects

Now explain why.

wtf left is fucking top kino
right is some kid deviantart shit

right has better geometry and a lot of attention to detail but why are the colors so washed out

It's nostalgia. Good games that are also old. Or something that invokes nostalgia. That's it.

god FF7's models were so bad. There may be issues with FF7R's pacing being broken by trying to get 3 games out of it, and Tifa's tits being shrunk is kind of a disappointment but the rest of the look and the combat look really good.

Actually unironically this. Dark Souls feels more Zelda than newer Zeldas

It's not like Zelda was grimndark but it wasn't Super Mario's Bouncy Castle of Spiders

This image just really makes me want to play both again. Thank you user for reminding me how much I love Zelda games.

This one just reminded me how much I love these games too. Maybe I should just replay the entire series at this point.

Does the earth have cancer? wth

FUCKING SOULLESS

Attached: 7-8-2019_10-56-45_PM-idtien5i.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

that poor guy spent 11 years getting worse

Everything is clean and crisp, A good amount of detail on the model but not over designed
Background has flat and muddy textures, and the rock formations don't look natural

The first sentence is wrong. It should read : "The building is missing and the door has nothing behind it". How can you mix a door and a building?

Absolute lies, the artwork differs substantially from Nakano's work in terms of shape, colouring, textures, the way eyes work and so on. the 3DS remakes were an absolute betrayal of his art.

This. Zelda has always been my favorite Nintendo franchise, nice to know that it manages to keep going strong after so many years and games.

Attached: C57lamIU8AEejbl.jpg (1200x848, 303K)

>yosh’s new island
>souless
The gameplay is shit I can agree with that though

Nakano himself worked on the remake. Don't pretend like you know his art better than he does.

It always amazes me that anyone takes FFIIV seriously when it's chokablok with this goofy fun. Look at the motorbike man and the random bikini model. Jenova's having a laugh.

user, everyone hated going through hyrule field it was the most boring part of the game

nigger shut the fuck up

I wasted hours of my life hook shotting the satues titties

Back when they used to make a thing to last! Now all these things are made by cheap labor Gorans off in the fuckaroo mountains and they last you only a decade instead of a melenia. Can’t beat old school Hylian craftsmanship I tell you what, little Kikori.

soulless soul

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this clip

Attached: 1550690945623.png (349x446, 173K)

Hedonist begone

Why don't games have this level of detail put into them anymore?

I hate BOTW's fog so much.

Shit looks bland, devoid of color, and has a single wall texture plastered all over the damn place.

Nintendo worked on the remakes of SMB3 and ALttP and WW and much more. Didn't stop those from being shit. Stop reaching.

Attached: s.png (287x331, 42K)

The webm won’t work for me what happens?

>moving the goalposts

youtube.com/watch?v=KnecYWlURDY

You wanna talk about OoT 3D vs n64, this guy does a pretty good job comparing.

Attached: 64vs64DS.png (514x2569, 789K)

Kirbys adventure is better but the back grounds in NiDL are pure souls and I kinda like the photoshopish look

That’s describing technical competence and design readability. Is that what soul is? Because many games hit that mark today.

>Explain why you like this artistic endeavour
>But all artists do that

Then what do you say about Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild? They all meet that mark (well, except for SS being like an amusement park).

So you don't have a soul, interesting. You'd rather add gaudy colours and clutter to an ancient temple in the desert than let its authentic atmosphere work for itself, because authentic atmosphere does not exist to you and you need more attention-grabbing memory to satisfying your urge for distractions. One perfectly good texture isn't enough, despite the varied architecture carrying the design - must have more unnecessary effort-wasting variations just to obfuscate the more important layout differences.

Attached: 1543602014934.jpg (562x419, 34K)

Newer Zelda's aren't that. In fact that's mostly old ones

There's no "goalposts", only the observation that the 3DS remakes look terrible. Some nonsensical appeal to "well this artist worked on both" doesn't salvage the designs miraculously. Otherwise Nintendo wouldn't make consistently terrible remakes at all.

He's right

Man the sound design was perfect in that game

OoT and MM looked for kids, but were for mature audiences.

Twilight Princess and BotW looked for mature audiences, but they're actually for kids.

Funny innit

Attached: 1503550284625.png (622x669, 457K)

Classic Zelda got grimdark at times though.
Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple, Ikana Canyon, WW Earth Temple, the entirety of Twilight Princess (hate to say it, but TP is classic at this point).

You're right that new Zelda games feel much more like Nintendo's other series (Mario, Splatoon, Pikmin).

>lost his unique touch to draw some generic anime bishonen crap
kek

LOL no

What "mark"? That they feel real? Hell no, TP is a slightly worsened OoT and BotW is the most jarring of all Zeldas set in Hyrule. All muh danger and yet there's huge stable networks all across the land? Where do they get their food? No sign of attacks by the monsters whatsoever. Hyrule is more meek and passive than ever, which was always a weakness of Zelda.

no he isn't

Yeah, I'm sure the devs intended the art to be generic and forgettable from the start.
>Fuck off Zoomer.
Stop projecting.

The devs intended the game to not look like a piece of shit until the shit artist ruined it. Zoomers like you need to die

Remake is pure soul.

Attached: 1560845221884.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

Happens all the time. What actually happens:

>OoT and MM are great works, and as such are for all audiences with the eye for truth

>Imperceptive shts (soulless) can't see this and don't care for it, they need games as a social signal

>Kids in particular want to signal they're edgy and mature, so they demand games that pander that - this makes such games inherently kiddy as an irony

>To fold the irony a thousand times over, pretendous 30-year old zoiboi manchildren want to instead signal that they're "kids inside" and so will buy up games like the LA remake because they are contrived to look like Happy Meal toys. Actually looking like actual kiddyshit works for this type of soulless one.

Great games look like themselves.

Impressively on spot.
Souless people can't appreciate soul.

Attached: 1504144167838.jpg (369x365, 27K)

fuck off retard

Wow look at you telling random people on the internet to die for petty reasons.

Your mom must be proud.

Why is DEmake2 so soulless???

Attached: RESIDENT EVIL 2 2_26_2019 12_29_35 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.51M)

WW is probably the best example of this phenomenon.
It was criticized when it first came out because the graphics looked too kiddy and cartoony, but the game literally takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, and you stab Ganondorf in the head.

Remember: Don't judge a book by its cover.

The themes of loss and sorrow were heavy on it

Then TP comes around being dark and edgy and it's laughably easy and corny, like an anime

all of these are improvements. God I wish people like you would just die instantly.

Same with OoT. You stab ganon in the head. You time travel to a desolated hyrule caused by the actions of ganon.

ok arin

Ive never played a Zelda game

I recommend you start with the original Legend of Zelda game for NES so that you can appreciate all of the callbacks that occur throughout the series

looks like the hat is flying off of his head just walking
disgusting

>It was criticized when it first came out because the graphics looked too kiddy and cartoony
and for having boring ass travelling
and for being empty as fuck
and for fucking with the formula
and for having only like two-three proper dungeons
and for throwing shit at you constantly without tight direction as the previous games and TP had
>ugh link now go out and find this
>ugh link now go out and find that
>ugh link now go out and seek the tri-force parts
WW was suffering from the same botchjob that BOTW doubled down on. Its rightfully regarded as the worst next to SS. Even though I personally think BOTW is the worst.

For those who don't know what soul is in games, this sums it up pretty well

Attached: xmaslights_soul (1).jpg (1344x698, 209K)

Wow I never noticed this.
I played the All Stars version before the NES version, and honestly the simplistic details like the power-up symbols in the sky and the swirly clouds, and the ending hills in black really give the game a lot more personality.

BotW has the best designed 3D dungeons of the entire Zelda series

n64 era high detail renders make my dick hard from all the soul

>The themes of loss and sorrow were heavy on it
Have we played the same game?
>merry island tunes from start to finish
>slapstick humour every step of the way
>cartoon graphics to emphasize the slapstick even more
>colourful and lively enviroments and people everywhere
Dude, one or two serious scenes aren't magically erasing the rest of the game.

The other user is right. Also, add the terrible forced stealth sections to that list.

Telling zoomers to die is a good thing

>dungeons
>plural
there's only one. and you can skip 95% of it.

i seriously hope you dont talk about the copy pasted shrines.

>tfw a souless pariah outs himself in a post
>he didn't get it

Yeah that's you.

There are 5 and he's right.

>audiences with the eye for truth
Cringe.

nope not gonna happen

Couldn't agree more

ITT: NOSTALGIA - NOSTALGIALESS

Attached: u0b6agtyx5401.jpg (488x463, 22K)

There's nothing in OOT that's for mature audience. All the dark stuff was removed in the 1.2 cartridge

>He didn't played 1.0
Fucking zoomer

>JP boxart vs US boxart

If there's one thing I hate more than stupid people, it's stupid zoomers

ur balls were removed at your 1.0 version lmao

Play Breath of the Wild then.

>Games should never be improved or evolve just so it can pander to my autistic sense of nostalgia
You can't feel the same over a game that you did when you were a kid, If you were born 10 years ago you would think the old ones were soulless and pretty shit, you're an adult now and games will never feel the same, they didn't change, you did.

Attached: 1516899255099.jpg (960x696, 136K)

The only things that were changed in 1.2 was the Fire Temple music and Ganondorf vomiting blood.
The blood/torture devices in the Shadow Temple are still there.

New funky Kong is infinitely better than old stink funky

Hold the phone! Wouldn't Zoomers have grown up with OoT? I was told Zoomers were people born in the 90s, so that would make the N64 a Zoomer childhood staple.
:^)

No, I asked to explain why the picture had some soul. Unless you have a better way of defining it, you seem to be describing what I said you’re describing.

SOULLESS

Attached: 20190705200700_1.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

The artist IS one of the devs though. Even if they did it on a whim, they wanted her to have short hair in the original version and quite frankly it's much more striking and appealing.

They removed blood both in the Well and the shadow temple

soul
this is what jpog nostalgiafags actually believe

Attached: mapeditor2jpog.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Soul = "What I like"

Soulless= "What I hate"

It looks like shit and the artist is hack who was a freelancer and not apart of the original dev team.

>tfw you will never marry a cute country girl and live on a big ranch together
malon ruined me

Attached: 1496426998436.jpg (567x437, 35K)

No they didn't.
Source: I have both copies of the GameCube OoT (which I believe is 1.2, since they have the differences from my N64 1.1 copy that I heard the versions have), and the blood is there.

Attached: soul156.jpg (2040x1132, 475K)

Freelancers are still part of the dev team. They're tasked with creating what the game will look like artistically and that's the ultimate artistic vision for it. It doesn't matter what a bunch of fucking idea guys had in mind originally because they're not artists.

t. retard

Zoomers were born in 95 and played games from the 2000's on assuming they started playing at 5 years old

SMBAS also fucked up the brick physics in Mario 1. IIRC it's literally one typo in the code that reverses the logic.

I guess that's why I find Gameboy and GBA to have SOUL and consoles to be SOULLESS.

>Could be from any new game with an ugly bloom
>Istantly recognizeable

The ones on the right all look and feel 10x better

>created by somebody with a pure heart
But it was created by the Brits.

T-pose is the new SOUL.

Not according to some people on this very website!
There are people here who say if you were born in the 90s, you're a Zoomer. Meaning '91 is Zoomer.

You know when Zoomers were ACTUALLY born? 2000. Why? Because it makes sense to split it by the millennium.

The right looks 10x better while staying true to the originals atmosphere and aesthetic

>padded with filler detail and clutter

Are zoomers' eyes and brains so bad that they can't look at more than five shapes and three colors without their senses and minds shutting down?

There is nothing soulless about this.

Why can I hear it?

Attached: 1416029487946.jpg (278x309, 10K)

Majora's Mask's now outdated graphics and weird, janky character models makes the surreal and eerie atmosphere all the better than in the remake

>Child groomers pretending to be superior to anybody

Yes they did

Everytime I say zoomers were born at least starting in 95 I get shit on by underage homos like you who were born in 1999 telling me that no zoomers actually were born in 2000
WRONG
1995 is the cut off year for when kids grew up with the modern generation of gaming, most of them starting with GameCube. Yeah, maybe they played their older siblings consoles, my sister was born in 95 so she grew up playing all those fifth gen games before moving onto the 6th, but still the 6th gen is when she started getting her own games so she's a zoomer
You get it?

That's the 3DS version. The 1.2 cartridges were on the Nintendo 64 and I believe the GameCube ports are also 1.2.

But you are correct that the 3DS version is whitewashed.

No they aren't, that shitty hack artist was only there because the devs couldn't get original artist in time and fucked the vision of the game.

This has to be bait. The remakes look literally almost exactly the same but with more detail and more advanced lighting.

>underage
>1999
That was 20 years ago.

Second of all, I thought Zoomers were Minecraft/Fortnite lovers who watched Jake Paul or whatever?
This calls for a Towel Guy meme.

Considering that zoomers think that" thing looks pretty so it's soulless" yes

Jesus H. Christ, seeing them side by side makes it absolutely clear that Sakurai was phoning it in for Ultimate. all of my favorite stages raped and ruined.

There's a new Home environment in SteamVR (ripped from the 3DS version, but still) that includes the exterior and immediate interior of the Spirit Temple. Very surreal.

You mean Jake and Josh? Yeah, that's zoomer shit
And it doesn't matter, if you weren't on Yea Forums before the Habbo Raid you're an underage fag

Allstars genuinely baffles me when it's put right up next to the existence of SMWorld, which has a gorgeous art style and might be my favorite looking of all of them. How did SMW get so crammed full of soul while these very same remakes on the same system had all the life sucked from them?
Even as a child I fucking hated how SMB3 on the GBA looked. Thought the ugly tanning and clouds up top looked weird and disgusting. I was shocked when I later discovered how pretty SMB3 looks on the NES.

Attached: 35759-Super_Mario_World__Europe_-10.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 122K)

Soul is passion and fun, over form and function. In Ocarina of Time, you collect big stupid floating rupees, use bombs that skitter around like rodents, you have dumb "statues" that you whack, and they tell you the time. FF7 is a story about eco-terrorists saving the world from an evil corporation, and an alien lifeform, and what do you find in that game? The main character crossdressing to trick a pervert. You fight a literal house. A monster that's just a motorcycle. Tifa calls Barret a retard while you're running up some stairs. Also there's some goddamn frogs that turn you into frogs. What's Soulless? Soulless is cleaning up all the mistakes, and spending too much time making thing squeaky clean, presentable, and homogenized. Soulless is trying to make a spy game that doesn't include men making cat noises, flipping motorcycles, or nuke launching gundams. Soulless is market research and design by committee deciding the best course of action is to make a military shooter completely by the books, flopping, and blaming everyone else. Soul is never hiding the fact that your video game is a video game. Soulless is doing everything you can to pretend you're more important than a video game.

Attached: 14_Credits24_Large.jpg (800x440, 198K)

>Most indies have passion thrown at them
>Implying they aren't trying to replicate their corporate overlords.
No, indies have and always will be soulless trash.

Attached: 1533796349096.jpg (5000x5000, 1.59M)

Attached: index.jpg (500x756, 107K)

God is a spirit beyond our human comprehension and is closer to a mind than anything we can possibly imagine. If it helps you understand, we are inside of God right now. There are almost no serious artists in the world who have ever attempted to depict God, since as a spirit we can't even begin to quantify 'His' being. I quote 'His' because He is even beyond gender, even calling Him a He is based on biblical history of how He wanted us to think of Him. This ties into the spiritual side of man and woman and their roles therein but that's a different topic for a different time. Anyway, He is responsible for the eternal law behind the universe, and the 'proof' enough that he exists is the several objective moral and ethical instincts that have been imprinted onto the soul. This is complicated to understand but it's essentially akin to what we think of as 'conscience'. It's not very hard to prove He exists. If you don't think God exists at this point you're pretty obtuse. You probably think He's some human ruling above us invisibly. But that's a pretty childish way to think of Him. I mentioned depictions of Him; If he has been depicted seriously, it's old and with a beard; the elderly are often (not always, but usually) a sign of wisdom in their old age. Heaven is 'paved with gold' because gold is eternal, it does not rust. Angels have wings because they are not constrained to the ground like humans are; they have no limits. They have harps and sing and rejoice with music because to most (not all) people, music is the eternal mystery. If you take these symbolic attempts to express the inexpressible as the reality of what Christians think is the truth, you're going to be pretty disappointed. 'Heaven' is all around us if you choose to live in it. 'Angels' are again spiritual being beyond our comprehension. When we die we don't become angels, we become gods. Not THE God, but gods.

Things that are fun have to have function and form that works above all else. You can want your game to be as fun as you want, but if it is a technical mess, it doesn’t matter. Also, how can you measure either passion or fun?

Both of them, zoomers didn't stop being born in 1999 there's still zoomers being born today

If religion didn't exist, this would sound like the ramblings of a schizophrenic.

>You can want your game to be as fun as you want, but if it is a technical mess, it doesn’t matter

Attached: ws_Saints_Row_2_1280x960.jpg (1280x960, 438K)

Nope. People born 2010 on are considered "Generation Alpha" by sociologyfags.

Looks the same

Man created gods

Well I'm not a socialist so I don't care what they think

What?! No, seriously, WHAT?!
You're telling me people born in 1995 and people who are born TODAY share a culture?!
You are fucking retarded.

Gen Z begins in 2000 because it makes sense for the cutoff to be at the turn of the millennium. There are cultural/mental Zoomers who were born in the late 90s, but the threshold is 2000.

Perhaps if you are interested in educating yourself seriously you'll turn to the basic theology of CS Lewis as a good starting point instead of listening to strawman arguments from atheists. It can be uncomfortable to educate yourself at first and strip away all your false, preconceived notions but it will feel better in the long run. Remember that the Church claims to be bearers of a revelation. What Christ said is honestly the most incredible and unbelievable thing any human being has said in the History of man kind: 'I am God'. Not A god, but THE God, the one and only eternal God. Christ is not a good ethical or moral teacher; he may even be said to have personally insulted many for their disbelief, and rarely gave moral lessons. 90% of what he says is 'I am God, follow me, or parish forever'. So either what he says is true, or he's a lunatic, or he's the Devil himself. So either you believe it or you don't. I believe personally, that what he said is true. He came to save humanity and open up freedom in the hearts of men for the first time in human history. and yet I think it's wrong to believe everyone should and has to believe this or they're a bad person, which sadly some denominations get really really wrong. Anyway, thanks for your time, and I hope I've cleared up any misconceptions for you.

>carries a sword almost as big as his body into a bar

What was he thinking?

>No fully modeled penis
NINTENBO SO GOTTDAMN SOULLESS HOW CAN I ENJOY GAMEY WITHOUTA FULL FUNTIONING PENIOR TO ADMIRE THE BULGE OF? IF YOU DON'T FULLY MODEL THE CERVIX OF YOUR VIDEO GAME WIMIN I WON'T PLAY YOUR GAME END OF DISCUSSION

Attached: 1554284792526.png (247x546, 106K)

The majority of gamers find penises disgusting.

>born in 91
>have to be a millennial
>the worst generation ever
>have 3 kids with wife
>number 4 on the way

no one in the family had this many kids since my grandfather. happy to be the course correction.

Attached: Dr066dUVAAIQUzF.jpg (749x749, 104K)

In regards to gaming, yes

>I have made 3
>In super mario maker

Attached: 1556706070136.png (765x988, 823K)

Saint’s Row 2 is actually functional. But, as a GTA clone, it has absolutely no soul.

Attached: B22D67E1-A472-424A-8088-9F2B7EF18C3F.jpg (1283x1500, 234K)

>Saint’s Row 2 is actually functional
nearly every single system doesn't work properly.

AH YES!
People who grew up with N64, Gamecube, Melee, and Pokemon Gen 1/2 are TOTALLY the same generation as people growing up on Minecraft and Fortnite! Makes PERFECT sense!

What's wrong gamer?
Don't like my dongalong?
My shling shling schlong?
My doubile dong?
My sticky meaty stick?
My gamer goyril destryoer?
Penis is a beautuifl thing if you find them disgusting please remove yours.

Attached: 1535687170540.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>zoomers this, zoomers that
Is that all you shitposting fucks can say?

Yeah he is. Cope

Kids born in 1995 didn't grow up with the N64, I bet you think they're 90's kids too because they can remember junior kindergarten in 1999

I mean...they are. How is this hard to understand?

Start with ALTTP and use this patch.
romhacking.net/hacks/2594/
It reverts the censorship in the original English release.

If you were born in the late 90s, there is NO WAY you wouldn't have had exposure to N64 games, even if they were ported to later systems.

Zoomer is actually shorthand for gamers that like anything mainstream in the last 15 years. In other words, contemporary taste = bad.

>Gingers
>Having a soul
Gtfo

If Link doesn't have a 8 inch fully rendered uncut cock flapping around in the btow sequel I just won't buy it

No. No they aren't.

Nah man, these remakes are very faithful, and I played Melee when it came out.
Disagree.

Exposure doesn't mean growing up with it retard

The fuck mang? I was born 1995, and Mario 64 was my first video game. I remember mom getting me Oot and my 3-4 year old ass couldn't handle it because the Deku babas were scary and I thought if I killed them blood would flood the whole world and it would be a game over.

Attached: 1507189109413.gif (320x240, 3.73M)

you mean a 4 inch white boi dick, and a canon homosexual relationship with a well-hung brown hylian.

I think you mean a well hung gerudo.

Why does the second one look more like something you'd see in real life?

Yeah? It kind of does?
Let's say you were born in 1995, and started playing games at 5 years old, in 2000. Your first game was a copy of OoT your parents just bought.

You grew up with a Nintendo 64 game.

You're playing the wrong games, user.

You got it after the N64 was dead and the GCN was here. You “grew up with it” only because your parents didn’t buy a newer console for you, but you missed the scene around the system and the games at the time they were fresh.

That's exactly what I mean when I say kids born in 1995 are zoomers
Oh man I saw someone driving a Ferrari that means I grew up with ferrarri
Just accept you're a zoomer kiddo it's not my fault if you were born too late to really appreciate the peak of gaming

If you are not old enough to remember the snes/genesis gen you are a zoomer

Yup, never playing another indie game again.

Aaaaand there we go. You basically just said if you were born in '91 you're a Zoomer.

You can still have a nice looking game with soul faggot

That's a false equivalence though.
You're comparing an outsider watching someone else do something for at most 30 seconds to owning a video game and playing it as a kid.

it's a bit different playing the games when they're already old as handmedowns from your parents. That's like someone born in 1990 talking about how their first games were on the NES.. yeah.. because your parents were poor and didn't buy you what everyone else had. Playing an already old game is no different than you just going and emulating retro games, doesn't mean you had the same experiences as someone who actually grew up on those games when they were new and you were anticipating them. You have a different perspective because you're aware of newer games out. It's different when you first play a game that just came out knowing that there is nothing newer in the series to compare it to.

yuck

No you can't. Soulless means thing I don't like

>Nintendo 64 was dead after 1996
Lol ok man. Talking about kirby, smash 64 and pokemon stadium at school was just me dreaming. It had a life well into the late 2000s. And I got a Gamecube when it first came out and it came with the zelda's collector's edition. That was what...2002? I more grew up with a gamecube but I still had a N64 and grew up with it.

But you didn't grow up with the N64, you were 5 years old the gamecube as coming out you never got to enjoy getting together on the weekend, ordering some pizza and getting some beer to play split screen GoldenEye
You never brought your N64 to your buddy's house setting up a Smash tournament in his living room and bedroom
You experienced the N64 with the couple of players choice games your mom bought you because it was cheap then played it on the emulator 10 years later

>Gamecube came out in the 90s
You're all retarded. Stop posting.

I know I was born in the wrong generation. You don't have to rub it in.

Windwaker and Sunshine wouldn't come out until 2002.

>the devs at nintendo

it was made by chinks at grezzo and the models look like another shitty approximation, adullt link has zero of the muscles in the art and has a stupid bimbo face

>ITT: I HATE CHANGE

>SR2 has no soul
Smoothest brained take of the day, folks.

Attached: 2011-11-09_00004-1024x640.jpg (1024x640, 142K)

>That fist icon in the weapon window
SOULLESS AND BLUEPILLED CRINGE

wtf he turned Korean

If you were born in 1995, and started gaming at 5 you didn't grow up with the N64
A year later, the GameCube came out. You weren't there for the hype of a new Star Fox, Smash Bros., Rareware at their peak, discovering all the secrets in Ocarina of Time
You played a couple of games as a kid, but the GameCube was around the corner and that was the first console you got since day one
I'm not, it's just the truth

what's wrong with you

>Gamecube
>kino

This reads like Copypasta. Implying I didn't start at age 2-3.

Attached: 1513166716997.gif (355x240, 1.53M)

>nakano himself

he redid the box art retard

I like how Estelle's eyes are slightly misaligned in the original art.

Attached: 1440014979363.png (647x980, 364K)

Yes, only Nintendo games had soul. Anything less is corporate.

>actual weight behind every animation
>meanwhile 3ds link just fucking slides

Shigefumi Hino was the graphics designer in SMW, and it shows how good his work was. He also did the design for the snes version of Yoshi's Island. The man know how to put soul on his works

Holy shit, he's the one responsible for Yoshi's Island's art style? What a god.

I didn't say anything about the gamecube, I was talking about how the kid born in 1995 claimed to grow up on the N64, starting playing it in 2000's.
There's also the point of playing a game at an earlier age than the intended audience doesn't have the same effect. I first played Legend of Zelda at age 7 when it was new, but I didn't really grasp the game. I had fun wandering around and killing things and entering caves but I didn't know what I was really supposed to do, and didn't actually beat it until I was over 10 and it all made more sense to me.
My kid at age 6 trying to play Skyward Sword had a similar experience, no clue where to go or what to do, just had fun wandering around fighting things, never completed a dungeon, a few years later she retried it and beat the game
Outside of like, maybe kirby games, a 3-4 year old isn't going to make much sense of video games.
I was born in 1980 but most of my "growing up on" games were SNES games rather than NES. There was a few that I played as they were new and fully understood like Mario Bros and Duck Hunt, but I'd say I have more nostalgia for the 16 bit era than 8bit, and I certainly don't say I grew up on Commodore 64 and Atari 2600.

OoT 3D is pure Soul. Ignore autists.

Attached: 14586379244.jpg (4000x5333, 3.9M)

>look
yes
>feel
no

surely there's a mod to replace the portrait art

Whoa faggot, I was born in the 90s so my reading skills are shit you expect me to read all that fuck that noise.

Attached: 1544927388628.gif (530x257, 3.14M)

>born in ‘95
Unless he developed extremely quickly, he would have started gaming around 2000. He did not grow up with the N64.

SOULLESS/SOUL

What you want me to reddit space it for you?

This is absolutely not how a hat bounces, later Mario games do it much better with far less frames. Additionally, the motion of the arms and legs is at a constant speed which is a big nono in animation; and on the left Mario's back is far more straight which doesn't give off the impression that he's running at all, unlike the original, which has very strong extremes.

>this literal cope
I beat SM64 in 1999 when I was four years old, get bent.

>People think kids are in diapers until they hit school.
Why is everyone on this site retarded?

>"I learned blending modes and layers in photoshop, but at what cost?"

Mario games are designed for younger children, he was talking about playing OOT at 3 and 4, he'd have not beat it unless an adult was handholding him through it.

Nah you seem like a Yea Forums gold kind of guy just post every word in a single post and I'll read it later.

A few shitty ones. A few top down shooters, a tower defence, a tanks copy, a platformer and some others. Nothing 3D. It actually makes me realize how fucking shit most devs today are.

>he thinks literal newborns were cognizant of the N64 or any of its games
>he also thinks that a 2-4 year old had any real context behind anything they might have played (unintelligently) at the time
Why are (You) retarded?

i was being ironic

what he is doing is the Yea Forums equivalent of an atheist asking a christian to scientifically prove the existence of god AKA peak cringe

Just google gen Z and find out moron.

I can confirm I didn't beat Zelda because mom took the game back since I was scared little toddler. Nowadays I feel like nothing can scare me anymore and I'm afraid I'm losing a lot of my emotions.

Yes it's possible but would anyone willingly switch to the garbage art?

When I was a stupid kid, I was scared of scenes from Spongebob.
Now, I can stare at Goatse without flinching

This is what I got.
Yeah, I don't think that kid is 24 years old.

Attached: ob_c6336b_generation-z-kid.jpg (800x222, 29K)

So you're just going to tell me all these memories I have playing video games since I was little were fake. I don't have the best memory now but I do remember playing my N64 and have quite a few games for it. I still have it. I still have Spider-man and Star Wars pod racing. I still have Mario 64 and Bugs life. GOD WHY DID TELL MOM TO GET BUGS LIFE OVER DK64???

Attached: 1472105239636.gif (267x200, 729K)

Seriously how fucking retarded are most of the people here. OoT wasn't even that great

Based and soulpilled

Remove the UI and it's not recognizable at all.

I’m telling you that you did not grow up with the N64. You weren’t aware of it’s release, of SM64’s impact on gaming, of the sensation that sprang up around couch multiplayer, how mindblowing SF64 and Turok were, etc. You experienced it like a toddler today might experience Roblox or Fortnite. Yeah, you played it, but you were not a part of the contemporary culture because you were to young to be aware of it.

>it’s yet another “Yea Forums cops out of defining soul” episode

You probably also had no real grasp of the story and what was really going on. If you even knew how to read at that age you were probably not at the reading level/comprehension intended for the game.

there is nothing wrong with this webm

>there are people who never knew a pre 9/11 world posting ITT
you missed out.

>To be fair you have to have a high iq to understand the importance of a video game console.
I'm so fucking tired man. I grew up with it, I was playing the games, and having fun. Don't give me this culture gating shit. Next you're to tell me those "toddlers" who were playing fornite or roblox didn't grow up with it because they weren't behind the "movement MAN". 4/10 bait got me to reply.

Attached: 1476989666834.jpg (600x343, 15K)

2002-2006 were still pretty similar to the pre-9/11 years. 2007-2009 also had elements of those times, although less so.

that is remarkably specific, user

Somewhat, but you can get around kokiri forest blind without much dialogue. I tried getting the arrows above NPCs heads because they looked like rupees.

Greedy fucking bastards sucking the life out of my hobby!

One thing we can agree on:
This decade sucks.

Attached: 1557958184953.png (1500x1016, 1.79M)

no, not at all. post 9/11 almost immediately had a tighter police state and surveillance. You couldn't even take toiletrees with you on a flight anymore, now you have to buy new shit while you go on vacation and get molested by the TSA.

Vine and twerking are dead though.

I'm talking culture-wise.
The Great Cultural Sterilization didn't begin until 2007.

we are real, that is proof of a cause and God is the ultimate cause

Attached: 4 frame vs 12 frame.gif (400x200, 18K)

The models and everything were godlike but the issue is the lighting and making everything too visible

We are an accident and the thought of meeting god after you die and morality being centered on the afterlife are just humans unable to cope their own mortality.

I played an Atari 2600 when I was younger, but it doesn’t mean I grew up with it. I listened to grunge music rock in my teen years, but it doesn’t mean I grew up with grunge rock. You played N64, but you did not grow up with the N64. The N64 was already on it’s way out by the time you went to school.

World is garbage zoomer. Mario 3 from All Stars is superior.
>BUT MUH RYUKHAR PLAYING SMW MODS MUUUH
Zoom Zoom.

Believing that we're an accident is your attempt at coping with the weight of your sins
Either way, I didn't actually say anything about morality or the afterlife, just that for anything to exist there must be a cause and that cause is God
Maybe isn't the Christian God, maybe isn't any possible God that we've thought of, but whatever created all of this is undoubtedly a God
Even if you call it the Big Bang, that's just your name for God

for a final cause of 'existence' there must be prior causes, read some Aristotle you brainlet

SOUL: The unique phenomenon of a distance, however close it may be: its presence in time and space, its unique existence at the place where it happens to be. A feeling of something being hidden beyond mere code.
Soulful works have a strange dis-cohesion: cartoonish graphics alongside the ancient and the urban, defined as such by their lack of explanation, the illusion of mystery. There's often isolated objects, places, people, but isolated as to make them seem real and merely forgotten. The environment, deep in shadow, seems all the more expansive in the player's limitation to it.

Proper SOUL makes the player feel like a visitor to a world. What modern "immersion" gaming misses is that a certain distance from the game's world can make the player feel even closer to it. A light shines in the window of a distant and fuzzy cottage, where the outline of a man is moving. Who is this man, what is he doing, what is his story, can I reach him? A secret is hinted: it is the secret of soul.

Your definitions are retarded and autistic. By that logic I didn't grow up with the gamecube either since I didn't watch much tv, or see any of e3 until 2006. I just thought video games were video games and that they were fun when I was a kid. Just stop. You make yourself look pretentious telling people what they did and didn't grow up with.

Attached: IMG_20180207_135826.jpg (293x353, 15K)

I'm late

Attached: 1547182816458.jpg (1920x2160, 244K)

Not either preacher, but what do you believe then? Do you worship irony?

>muh lived experience
Retardera is down the hall and to the left.

Nature develops in fucked up unprecedented ways. You look at the way bedbugs mate and tell me god did that I'm going to slap you in the face.

It's still soulless

Attached: 1562688021109.jpg (1570x538, 160K)

Beautifully written. I applaud you.

soul = thing I was exposed to as impressionable child
soulless = thing I was exposed to as a jaded adult

It will properly stretch to 16:9 but that's about it. Still a 480p game

untrue. mordhau has soul, and it's just a game about chopping each other's heads off.

Shut up zoomer.

Attached: 1539751330786.jpg (680x661, 80K)

This thread is unexpectedly teaming with soul

This one I agree, really shitty artstyle on the remake.

All Stars had a lot of charm though.

Btfo yet again!

>old and shitty
>GOOD
>new and pretty
>BAD

Attached: 1561328984533.png (400x400, 207K)

it's not a remake you fucking retard

God did everything and sustains everything
God is what animates our existence
I already said it may not be the God of any religion we know, but surely something that could cause nothing to become everything is what I would call God

Read some Spinoza bro. He'd be up your alley

If god exists then where's the stability in our governments and our society? There is no sustain here, only ruin. But hey, that's just a game theory.

Attached: 1539746385875.jpg (640x705, 111K)

>trying to make soulful RPG with a lot of pre-rendered backgrounds
>3D and low poly are fun but fucking hard
AAAAA

Attached: 15finalfantasyvii.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Attached: 1553630762017.png (600x325, 163K)

Will do, thanks for the rec man
Sustains existence =/= guaranteed stability of Society
Cosmology is up to God, running human shit is up to humans
'Society' might not be for the better anyways, some people are AnPrims because that's what they think, I like society myself but it could definitely use some change at times but hey all the changing is up to us

i always thought the koopa was suspecting the statue was mario and not praying.

Attached: think.jpg (282x208, 11K)

You've had decades to get it together bro, don't blame Malon the fault lies with you.

The irony of someone born in ‘95 calling anyone a zoomer is too much.

NOW POST THE COMICS SANS SIGN

Attached: paper soul.png (540x658, 463K)

>mfw converted a city girl gf to want to move out onto a ranch with me in a few years
feels good, fuck urban living

Attached: [DBNL] Dragon Box Z (DBZ) - 123 - Goku's New Finishing Technique! Watch My Instantaneous Moveme (640x480, 46K)

Attached: 1 vs hd.jpg (772x574, 105K)

do port town

This. Only people who post cherrypicked screenshots will disagree

Probably I dunno what the official cut off date is but all this boomer zoomer millennial shit is just a oversimplify description for corporations to describe demographics. Before you know it'll be a slur then I can really double down on using it.

Saying soul and soulless is just a way for people who are either too stupid or too lazy to make actual arguments to justify their opinions. Anyone who unironically uses them should automatically be ignored and discredited.

cringe

Attached: 1523488147150.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

The remakes enemy designs have been 10/10 so far and from what we've seen they aren't cutting out all the sillier enemies despite the realism meme going around.

Attached: FFVIIR_gameplay_June2019_03.jpg (1280x720, 809K)

that's not kh1 sora he should look more like a soulless doll

dildo hat

Attached: papermario.png (922x394, 375K)

yes it is

The main difference in HD and PS2 is HD is less colorful.

Attached: 1414865281032.jpg (853x960, 184K)

I always think of this whenever I see zoomers defending the 3ds version

>me as a kid: soul
>me now: soulless
2 deep

Attached: Disappointed.gif (320x234, 950K)

Attached: Kingdom-Hearts-HD-1-5-ReMIX-screenshot-comparison-1041428.jpg (550x615, 34K)

But his hi res model is exactly the same, it's just higher resolution.

you can tell by looking it's not the same mate