The best thing this game did was trying to distance itself from all the supernatural...

The best thing this game did was trying to distance itself from all the supernatural, spirit-channeling nonsense from the first few games.

Attached: apollojustice_BlogBanner.jpg (890x606, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew
youtube.com/watch?v=pgyQDDa0RGI&list=PL4B22D54E54AC7CB9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It also had better music than the first three games, and apollo is a great character and was shit on just because of how phoenix is portrayed in the game

Should I get this on Switch or PC? Want it physically but importing sounds like a pain and extra money, but don't like digital on console, yet am nervous future AA games either ported or new releases may not come to PC.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_PhoenixWrightAceAttorneyTrilogy_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 271K)

Wrong, it's still the soundfont.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with supernatural elements in a mystery story as long as their behavior is consistent, which spirit channeling is.

Trucy is the best thing

Now while I'm not a fan of spirit channeling, at least it resulted in evidence, that could be used in court unlike "I feel you're lying."

Hobo Wright is the best thing

>You're scratching your chin. That means you're hiding something!
>Oh no! I'm busted, I might as well confess now.

Emulate the ds version
Way Better spritework
If you feel like paying the developers™ buy it on pc

All of these are right, the music, sprites and hobo phoenix are some of the best things on the series. It's a shame most of the cases were pretty mediocre or non sensical at times

Attached: D00vi_KUwAAUSP6.jpg (735x1200, 87K)

What the fuck are you talking about? Apollo has no role in the story, he's just a player character, and he's just phoenix without the mental quips.

Based and panty pilled

The cases straight up got dumber somehow even without the supernatural stuff though. Also I'd argue that Ghost Trick is better written than most AA cases in general and that game was wholly supernatural, AA just doesn't handle it that well I think.

Plus it's not like Apollo's special bloodline-specific mutant eyes are that much better honestly.

>using bad evidence after he thought his best friend commited suicide over it
>using bad evidence after rise from the ashes
>Acting like a hotshot
>"There's no substitute for experience"

The fact that you guys think this is a good or even accurate portrayal of phoenix shows how little attention you were paying.

Seriously, they fucking butchered Phoenix in 4 and it pisses me off

>trying to distance itself from all the supernatural, spirit-channeling nonsense
Because the bullshit bracelet was so much better.

Is there a better way to dismiss a retard's opinion than seeing the complain about spirit channeling?

So prior to SoJ, why didn't Maya ever use Spirit Channeling to ask victims directly what happened to them? On all those occasions where she was being held hostage or taken to prison for something, why didn't she ever use Spirit Channeling to "disguise" herself and escape?

Good post

Attached: 1476230630728.jpg (480x594, 169K)

Delete this! There is no problem with the supernatural elements!!

Attached: 1558367229078.jpg (537x498, 91K)

and why don't the Psyche-Locks show up when people are lying/hiding secrets in the court scenes?

And then they ruined it by making an entire game that revolved around spirit channeling bullshit.

>why didn't Maya ever use Spirit Channeling to ask victims directly what happened to them
Because it fucked them with DL-6. At least I assume that's the excuse.

>why didn't she ever use Spirit Channeling to "disguise" herself and escape?
She did. See: 3-5.

She tried that in the first game. It didn't work and it made her depressed for failing to channel.
And the two times a victim WAS channeled it just made things worse. SoJ shows that what the victim saw/says after death, isn't necessarily the truth.

AA6 made no sense. Why use a spirit channeling kingdom as the setting for an Apollo game about corruption? Meanwhile, Nick and Maya who should've been relevant for such a subject matter just weren't. Their involvement boiled down to a subplot that repeatedly asked why they hadn't fucked already, which, while a good question, had nothing to do with the overarching plot. AA6 also nerfed Kurain and I will never forgive it for that.

Attached: septic tank diver.jpg (400x240, 114K)

it's my fav after 3

I'd say 4>3>1>2>>>>>AAI

others I still gotta play them

Based

Attached: 20190705_014206.jpg (411x765, 258K)

>Armpits

Attached: Screenshot_2016-09-27-21-11-43.png (631x480, 196K)

Why do fujos insist on saying that Phoenix and Edgeworth are gay when there's in canon evidence that he doesn't like dudes and all the evidence in the world that he loves Maya

not sure how the switch version looks like but the newer ports look like ass, the sprites really werent meant for anything wider than a ds screen, i recommend you emulate.

Attached: bridge to the turnabout.gif (260x194, 934K)

Literally every time Maya tried spirit channelling it blew up in her face in the Trilogy.

I rather actually buy the game and support the AA series and I don't mind new art

And the super vision isn't supernatural?

>comparing "I can talk to and become dead people" to "I can see nervous tics"

I honestly really like the 3DS version sprites

and yet it was all in service of nothing, the cases fucking sucked. And it has the worst final case in the entire series

that pic really made me laugh

Attached: 1558040101103.png (400x480, 189K)

opinions time

DGS2 translation when

Attached: pwtiers11.jpg (1171x4282, 648K)

Dude, TAKUMI HIMSELF has gone on record to say that they're bros and only bros. Even that didn't stop the fujos.

Spirit Channeling fucking sucks and they always implicate the wrong guy. The only time it worked out was the monk in SoJ and he was lying to protect his wife

lmao source

Just a completely stray thought here, what would it look like if they did the magic pool thing for Misty Fey?

As in, for her death? Or for the channeling of DL-6?

Goes to show how flawed the technique is: neither of those two would be conclusive. The former would see her looking at Maya, preparing to strike, but then die. That is assuming that she counts as "Misty" while chanelling Dahlia. We're talking multiple layers of channelling here, so it'd be pretty weird.

DL-6 (Gregory) would be useless as he was unconcious at the time.

Attached: susato.gif (256x192, 511K)

>nonsense from the first few games
explain this shit

Attached: Masonpast.png (256x192, 23K)

look man just take the time travelling nail polish lmao

Yeah, as in the last 5 minutes of her life, if it would count her time as a different person.

That's really hard to tell, I think. She was supposedly the strongest medium around, and even she couldn't control the spirit she was channelling, so I assume that implies she was out of it. Maybe it would show... nothing? There are no last five minutes as Misty.

One similar but not quite the same case is what would happen if you did the pool thing for Dhurke. Would it show the moment of his death? Or the last moment where he spoke to Apollo (as channelled by Maya)? The latter is actually the "last" moment.

I just started the third case and I like this game so far. I miss Gumshoe and Maya but Trucy and Ema are neat too. Not sure what’s going on with Wright’s character though. He seems really different

Maya was better.

>I just started the third case
Oh, user....

>Not sure what’s going on with Wright’s character though. He seems really different
He's quite different, but remember that in the past you always saw his inner thoughts. He was always a bit of a snarky dick.

Attached: eat your hamburgers apollo.jpg (600x600, 43K)

Jesus fuck that took forever to find. Here:
>“It could be said that the protagonist of AA1 is Edgeworth because, in a manner of speaking, ‘Turnabout Samurai’ exists for Edgeworth’s sake,” penned Mr. Takumi in an AA1 dev blog. “And then, with the theme of the [fourth] episode being ‘rekindling the relationship’, I tried to paint a picture of the intensely strong bond of friendship that two men can share, but I wonder if that’s what people got out of it? There seems to be those who would suggest that Phoenix and Edgeworth’s ‘intensely strong bond’ is more of an ‘intensely passionate bond’ of sorts...”
capcom-unity.com/zeroobjections/blog/2014/10/31/ace-attorney-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew

Fuck I’m having a laugh at this gif

great ace attorney was better than AA5 and 6

Is the third case bad? Lol I liked the circus case from 2 so I can take a bad case or two. What bothered me was in the 2nd case when the “mr. hat” guy put a knife to Trucy and made them take a reccess. I feel like the talking bird from the first game was more believable than that shit

is it just me or is that gif faster than usual

Rayfa is best

Attached: best_girl.gif (454x269, 495K)

Attached: EA789586-EB80-424B-AEC8-09AAA9BE69EE.jpg (796x594, 111K)

>Why yes, I own a Nintendo Switch. How could you tell?

Attached: Average Nintendo Player.png (830x978, 255K)

Nobody mentioned the switch but cool

I prefer Athena as the assistant girl

Always imagined Psyche locks only work if you are close and in front of the person for them to appear

>First discovered this series on the DS when I was 11
>I'm 23 now
Fuck, it feels weird growing old.

Attached: 1527642958963.gif (541x275, 1.63M)

Look, don't let me spout opinions before you even played it. Enjoy, and report back.

>play the first game on release back when I was 14
>spent a ton of time on Court Records in the very early days
>28 now
wew bro

In 5 years the DS will be 20 years old

Do you guys think there will be an Ace Attorney Trilogy 2 on Switch? I just completed The Trilogy on Switch and I really want to play the others, but I don't know how I feel about mobile and 3DS...

Attached: Athena_Cykes_(SoJ)_-_shocked_(full).gif (256x192, 784K)

I’m tired of seeing so many Ace Attorney threads happen and go nowhere.
Nobody’s trying to reestablish AAO or a stream for AAI2. Why?

Fair enough

>rise from the ashes
>high Tier

opinion discarded

You have no taste my friend

Maybe but I wouldn't hold your breath. If you have a 3DS you should probably just play them on that.
I'm more interested in an Ace Attorney Investigations Duology

Attached: 4ce58882bb9b90e7a1dda35c7dbb3cd2.png (557x588, 344K)

She’s so adorable

I'd love for this too, but AAI2 hasn't been officically dubbed though, right? That would be a perfect opportunity.

Attached: 6s6returningcharactersconcept.png (1280x826, 803K)

Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you. This music is kinda distracting.

youtube.com/watch?v=pgyQDDa0RGI&list=PL4B22D54E54AC7CB9

The mobile versions of the 3DS games are very good and some emulate fine, too. You can also grab the Edgeworth games.

Honestly getting a hacked 3DS is extremely cheap right now, and lets you play everything (DS, 3DS, translation hacks (DGS1 and AAI2) the easiest way.

At this point it's very unlikely they ever will localize it properly. The fan translation is Mother 3-level god tier though, so just play that.

It's annoying that you can't dislike this game without people calling you a mindless Takumidrone or something along those lines. I'm genuinely all for having a new MC, that game fucking sucked hard and introducing one though. I also hate this still-present strategy of fucking with the older cast just to justify the existence of the newer cast, it really is not necessary. In my opinion Phoenix himself is bordering on ruined as a character (and that did start in AA4, hobo nick was fun for what it was but the setup for it sucked and the flashback case was arguably the worst he's ever been as a character), and Apollo's still not consistent as a character himself yet so what was the point even? I don't believe it takes an entire game (or several) to establish a character well either, we've had plenty of characters achieve that much with a fraction of the focus.