Is this the best RPG of the last 5 years?

Attached: 5AF16729-28BE-44E8-8481-CD9D165EB975.jpg (800x1128, 393K)

reminder that phoneposters are all pieces of shit

Attached: 1562002506832.jpg (530x800, 65K)

It's pretty good.
The last half of the game really goes to shit though.
They should've skipped the entire last area and fleshed out the Nameless Isle instead and had the game end there.

Attached: 1505258318358.jpg (800x522, 167K)

>Proceeds to post a phone

I heard it gets super fucking boring after you get off the lady vengeance

divinity original sin 1 was better
the armor system completly ruined my exprience

What part of it? You mean inventory management every five seconds?

>Is this the best RPG of the last 5 years?
Arguably, but it's still fucking mediocre.

what are you even talking about?

Im asking what aspect of the armor system you didn’t like. Could you elaborate

heck no. it was a complete letdown, larin cant write to save their lives.

How bad is the writing? Compared to something like Witcher 3. Better or worse?

Baldur's Gate 3 is going to sell well.
The fact that WotC originally intended to let Beamdog proceed with making BG3 doesn't bide the game well.

well i dont know what the inventory has anything to do with it

it just felt extremly repetative to burst down one type of armor and then cc
also the enviroment hazards become pointless
just run through fire lol you have magic armor who cares
in do:s there was an element of rng every fight, it didnt feel repetative and the fire on the ground would LITERALLY kill you

i remember from the first playthrough i had with a couple of friends in dos2, where the mind controlled dwarves ambush you, we sneaked up and put like 10 oil barrels were one dwarf would spawn and then threw a granade at the barrels
i remember that 10 oil barrels took like 70% of his magic armor and a similar thing in dos1 wouldve blown the fuck out of everyone sort of like a mini nuke

infact there was a pretty fun cheesy tactic you could use with the boss at the lighthouse in dos1, if you had enough sneak+teleknesis you could put 10 oilbarrels next to him and literally one shot him
ofcourse thats the kind of "game breaking" some people dont like, they want the same familiar systems and anything that becomes overpowered is just "bad for the game"
i think thats why they toned enviromental hazards down and also removed the rng for cc

but who cares about balance in a singleplayer game? as long as its fun and pose some sort of challange

No, it gets boring island 3.

No, the best RPG of the past 5 years award goes to witcher 3.

Why does every wrpg have to be isometric garbage or third/first person with no character building?

imagine being this retarded. witcher is shit, zoomer

if you want grimdark depressing edgy storytelling perhaps you should stick to dark souls or darkest dungeon

tabletop rpgs have always been, and always will be, whimsical in nature

>wotc was about to hand over bg3 to beamdog, a company that basically mods 20 year old games
citation please

yeah man like where are my 2d sidescroller rpgs???

What’s second?

5 trillion GOTY awards disagree

This but unironically.

Have yet to leave Fort Joy because I'm still getting all the pieces of the cursed set. Idk if I can at this point because I already released Withermoore and didnt go into the trapped room under the Fort before I did.

I also just teleported through the maze because I couldnt be assed to actually go through it.

No point in getting the cursed set when you’ll find better armor in like 10 mins. That’s the game’s ultimate problem

>wants jrpgs
>but it has to be wrpgs
why not stick to your weeb shit and let western developers make good games

>I'm still getting all the pieces of the cursed set
No point, the set is already useless the moment you step out of Fort Joy.

My biggest issue with the game. That legendary dragon slayer sword you found at level 10? Yeah, that shit is gonna be weaker than a level 13 common sword with no stats.

>Western devs
>Good RPGs
The west struggles to make proper RPGs since Ultima died, there have been maybe five good WRPGs (As in actual RPGs, not shooters with stats and dialogue choices or poor man's immersive sims parading around as RPGs) since two decades.

I'd love a game I can just play for 50+ hours.
Anyone got any recommendations?

I've got a MacBook 2014 & a PS4. I've not shipped my desktop from Belgium to London yet.

Attached: 1562207167218.jpg (828x821, 687K)