Is ePSXe really the best psx emulator?

Is ePSXe really the best psx emulator?

Attached: 1520965103-epsxe.jpg (591x415, 80K)

I only ever got xebra to work

>desmume- runs like shit
>psppp- runs like arse
>epXe- runs like gold honey and butter
If my potato can run it it's the best emulator of all time.

can you post your settings? I'm planning to run the emulator also on a toaster but ppsspp runs ok what plugins are you using?

mednafen or beetle psx

Attached: 1538713162349s.jpg (250x250, 4K)

thats the one in retroarch right?

Intel corei5 2.5 GHz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics
8 year old laptop

Plugin P.E.O.P.s soft driver 1.18
Windowed 640 x 480

>alt tab while in fullscreen
>to switch back to the game I have to press escape, click file, then continue
it's shit

What? Jesus Christ, no! Use mednafen or Beetle PSX (HW) like this user suggested

Lol, do you even know what you are suggesting? Beetle/Mednafen are the same thing.

Far from it, but still a decent option for older computers.

mednafen standalone is best

Mednafen is the original stand-alone emulator. Beetle PSX and Beetle PSX HW are port / forks of the that emulator to the libretro API. Yes, I know what I am suggesting. Don't act like the existence of said cores in RetroArch is something that would be obvious to a pleb that makes threads asking whether or not ePSXe is the best PlaysStation emulator around.

Doesn't change that they're the same.

Don't you talk back at me, you basic bitch. You asked if I knew what I was suggesting. I made clear that I do and why I did it. Now move along because there is nothing left here to discuss between us.

Beetle is much more demanding than epsxe for playing at higher resolutions, why's that

>not using the psp/ps3 ps1 emulator

Attached: 1466984143351.jpg (564x468, 68K)

Jesus dude, you didn't have to kill him.

Nah.
Particularly, I think Mednafen runs much smoother and surprisingly looks better graphically.

mednafen creates a single mem card for every game or uses the same finite emulated memory card as epsxe?

It creates a single one for every game, but there is a way for it to emulate a memory card. It only involves creating a cfg file with a specific line.

but mednafen can't play PBP files

Nah. epsxe is better.

They're not the same, beetle has more options.

I am a fucking brainlet that can't get mednafen to work

Not him, but I ran PPSSPP on dual core E2160 just fine. Depends on the game, though.
I was playing Persona 3.

For me it's ZSNES.

Attached: config.png (512x270, 2K)

>Emulating on Windows

Th worst experience. Even Android is better.

still use this thing
Recomend me another one and explain why is better than epsx

All emulators are inferior to the original hardware

>tfw mednafen netplay for sega saturn is working now

>emulating PS1 without texture perspective correction

Attached: 1533722375867.gif (640x480, 313K)

Apparently they're more "accurate" and have slightly better graphics.
But to me they all look the same. I pick whatever can be run on my toaster. But if your PC is a modern one, you should definitely pick the highest quality one.

N64fag here, is the perspective correction an improvement over the original game or does it just make the emulation more acurrate?

it's less accurate and it's just a compensation for zoomers autism

It's an improvement over the original but there's no reason not to use it since the games were never meant to be displayed in that way, it was just a limitation of PS1 hardware.
You can have proper mapping while keeping the original res and everything else.

Attached: 1557081687914.jpg (564x1166, 152K)

Playstation did only the approximations for 3d positions to save on performances. But it created obvious artifacts, perspective correction makes the position more discrete.

Does mednafen have this correction enabled? I know epsxe did not, and (it's been a while since I have messed with it) when I was trying to figure it out, it seemed like I needed to download a completely different emulator that was like a fork of epsxe (???).
Does mednafen have all this by default?

What is the current state of Beetle PSX? Can you really play King's Field games with smooth FPS on it?

I know Retroarch mednafen core has it but not sure if the standalone version does

Beetle (the RetroArch fork of Mednafen) does have the option.
Pretty sure the vanilla version doesn't.

ePSXe is and has always been a garbage emulator that cannot replicated PS1 graphics even to an absolute minumum standard.

Anyone who doesn't immediately puke and delete the emulator when trying a game on it for the first time is an absolute artblind philistine.

Only pSX and Retroarch with the default core are acceptable.

the one titled just "psX" is greatest

Attached: 1458097578829.png (1024x676, 575K)

Damn Kanye West looks young.

Very nice, OP.
They say the best way to get the answer to a question isn't to ask the question directly but to purposedly give a wrong answer. This is a good application of the rule.

It's a little confusing iirc. The PCSX-Reloaded fork named PGXP (PCSX-R-PGXP, if you can believe the name) was the emulator to originally come up with the feature. Since then it has been also implemented in the RetroArch core Beetle PSX HW but not Beetle PSX. Both are ports/forks of mednafen which does not have the feature as a stand-alone emulator.

>psppp- runs like arse
stop using your fridge to play games

Seriously, it even ran in my low tier shity phone from 2016

To be more precise here, someone wrote a plug-in for PCSX-R-PGXP. It's a plug-in based emulator. Maybe the best if you want to run at a higher than original resolution (and perspective corrected geometry). Makes the games look really clean but it's kind of a pain to install. That's why I didn't recommend it originally. Try Beetle PSX HW for those features or if you can live without them mednafen stand-alone.

I'm too dumb to get epsxe working.

I got it working for a decent amount of games on a system with an AMD Athlon XII and like 4gb RAM.. It's not rocket science..

Not even close use standalone Mednafen

drink bleach, shit for brains

What’s wrong with pcsx?

Because it's going for higher accuracy
You can drag and drop iso files onto the mednafen.exe?

Beetle PSX HW.

okay, retard

>Stable release 1.9.93 / August 26, 2013

>a software can only be good if they keep adding bugs to the code
playstation emulation has been perfected way before 2013, dumb retart

>dumb retart
oh the irony

> You can drag and drop iso files onto the mednafen.exe?
Yes.
You can also make custom shortcuts, but that's slightly more effort.

you have been lured into a snafu, retart

There are also GUIs like MedLaunch.

Oh yeah, there's a few GUIs around, I've never used them though, so I'm not really in a position to recommend them.

PPSSPP is the best emulator I've ever seen. It's really too bad the PSP didn't have a great library.

I have MedLaunch installed but haven't really used it much. Just had a look around. Set it up to be able to launch A game. Seems competent enough. Lots of features. Really slow to boot though for me - like 16 seconds from an SSD. Don't know what's up with that.

Attached: Untitled.png (1374x774, 221K)