GOG GALAXY 2.0 BETA

WTF ITS SO BAD LOL
WHO ELSE IS IN THE BETA?

Attached: eMNUQHF.png (980x743, 700K)

Why is it bad?
You petitioned to gain access to a closed beta, prove you have any business testing software

Post pics OP

bump

Why are you people so afraid of ANYTHING that isn't steam?

Calm down steamcell, Tim and gog is coming for you

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-09-06-46-29-703_com.twitter.android.jpg (1080x1739, 436K)

I got it
It's okay
But it's pretty barebones - given that it's a beta that's fine

You can tag shit, but you gotta tag stuff individually, so shit's gonna take years

You can't add pirated games yet either

Attached: beta.png (1107x680, 697K)

Does launching a steam game launch the game directly or does it launch the steam launcher, and THEN the game. Same question goes for Epic games etc

god tim's pathetic attempts to save face are sad
stop pretending GoG and egs are on the same side, gog doesn't want anything to do with that garbage

>closed beta
>"OMG IT'S UNFINISHED"
what did you expect

Blizzard and Steam, that's all you need. If it's on another platform it's not worth having.

Launches steam, then the game

Attached: MCaHtgu.png (782x554, 37K)

dont use gog galaxy, the first one was a buggy mess that they refused to fix (probably because they were working on version 2) just download the .exes for your games instead

is this DRM?

Game clients are bloatware cancer for zoomers

>They didn't fix bugs
>So they can fix them in the next patch

Woah..

Tim stole games away from GOG, too. Hades would be on GOG right now DRM-free if not for him.

They are actually, both working towards destroying the monopoly Steam has on the marking.

You just can't beat the EpicChad.

whats the point if you cant add pirated games then

No, it isn't.

In this case this is only good for publishers tho. The customers will only have to deal with more bloat for the same third party games

It's like Amazon buying YouTube and saying they don't want Google to be a monopoly.

Why should I use Galaxy instead of Steam? I can add non-Steam games to Steam and it gives me more functionality (in particular, Steam controller configurations). Adding non-Steam games to GOG Galaxy prevents me from using those extra Steam features, and even for Steam games the Galaxy overlay is known to sometimes interfere with the Steam overlay. So what the fuck does Galaxy offer exactly? Adding non-Steam games to Steam is just objectively superior to adding non-GOG games to Galaxy in terms of pure functionality.

I am greatly enjoying Ebip's fall into irrelevance. It's only mentioned as a joke anymore.

So it's literally worthless. Steam does the same shit for games that require origin or uplay.

lmao Tim is so fucking pathetic. GOG and EGS couldn't be any more dissimilar, and it's not like GOG's success is anything new. Everyone has always loved it. GOG also doesn't hold games for ransom like Tim's faggy company.

Of course but nobody cares about us consumers opinion anymore.

>using the steam overlay
its literally more efficient to play in borderless and pause / alt tab than using that heap of unstable shit.

Maybe just get a computer that can actually handle something more than borderlands at 1080p.

>So it's literally worthless.
Way to show how much of a steamdrone you are, fag.
It's not worthless.
It's for people who want to use GOG instead of Steam for 'centralizing' their game collection.

>You can't add pirated games yet either
That seems like a weird choice. I wouldn't use it for pirated games but Steam is more than happy to say fuck it and boot any emulator exes without issue.
GOG is based around being DRM free but the thought you can't boot DRM free programs they didn't make inside of it is pretty dumb.

Attached: 1554487498475.jpg (750x869, 54K)

Both sides should instead be using lutris for that.

>I hate steam
>I know, let me use this buggy facsimile of steam
How fucking retarded are you?

>2.0
>beta

Something doesn't add up.

they left the first one broken without telling anyone it was broken and 0 communication throughout about ETA on fixes

>buy from GOG because no DRM
>turn around and use their shitty client anyway
JUST DOWNLOAD THE FUCKING GAMES JESUS FUCKING SHIT

There is no steam monopoly, people choose to use steam because it offers them something. Exclusivity is not a thing steam does, every developer has the option to go somewhere else, like their own website or GoG.
Likewise, GoG has a niche because it offers something that steam doesn't.

EGS offers NOTHING, pisses everyone off by strongarming their way onto the scene with dirty china money, and then has the audacity to pretend they've got some kind of moral high ground and insist that they're the good guy.

My computer has no problem running the Steam overlay under my games and it adds functions to my games. I use the controller configuration in a lot of games for my Switch Pro controller.

so whats the point of having consoles in there? what does trying to launch a console game do exactly? does it track your stats in someway?

>Launcher to launch launchers to launch games
Truly we live in the future.

Some people like having a centralised launcher, for a lot of people the issue with DRM isn't using the launcher, it's that if something goes wrong and the launcher doesn't work or a handshake goes wrong you're completely boned.

It's just a launcher for exes retard.

I still hate devolver for not keeping their gog versions supplied with patches.

Then use steam you monumental retard. You literally want to use steam but refuse to because you decided you hate it for literally no reason. The human race would sincerely be better off with people like you dead.

read the post again, smoothbrain

But steam already does that, you can add any non steam game to the launcher.

unironically kill yourself, trashbrain

It tracks your achievements from wherever you linked it from, so xbox/playstation/origin/uplay etc

Attached: pyQYMRE.png (1562x297, 869K)

It closes the launcher when you are done with the game, it's already miles better than Playnite.

>need launcher for multiplayer

yeah right m8