Looking at Steam sale today, and wonder to myself, what happens when the studio goes away like pic related...

Looking at Steam sale today, and wonder to myself, what happens when the studio goes away like pic related? Do my shekels go to Steam? Should we, by principle, just pirate these games?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

?
The money just goes to Activision, retard.

you shekels go to activision, who published it and made Troika shutdown

pirate GoG version

It goes to the publisher Activision, who helped kill Troika.

Worse activision.
Just pirate that one

Whoever holds the license rights gets the money

>retard
no bully pls
we don't all know how the industry functions ya know?

thanks for the info anons. is there a tl;dr story here about them shutting Troika down? did they just do an EA and buy them up for the IP and fire everyone?

it goes directly to me

I think wikipedia has the story
but dont trust Yea Forums too much on this, Troika were very incompetent themselves.

due to a postal mishap the money has now been sent to me

It usually goes like this:
Developer: we couldn't finish the game in time, give us more time and money
Publisher: no
Publisher releases a broken piece of shit and takes all the blame, developer gets sacked.

Attached: 1541691836874.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

They were given more time and money but it wasnt enough

artists and any creative talent often have zero fucking business skills, I worked with enough of them. would not surprise me

Maybe I should just buy it and give the shekels to Activision, sound slike they did nothing wrong?

it honestly doesnt matter in the slightest, it wont change anything

Both did things wrong, you shouldnt publish such an obviously unfinished game.

I mean if you want to give your money to none of those involved who made the game but to the suits at Activision who own the rights and already make millions every day from CoD. I don’t think the money from your choice will affect anything other than yourself. Activision’s certainly not taking it in to account, they don’t look at its sales and they’re not doing the new one.

fair points, I don't know about you anons but I pirate literally everything except games. Books I get from libgen, music from youtube and soundcloud and tv from piratebay. For some reason, I always bought my games. Maybe I should change that habit, considering the talent isn't getting paid here (despite their mistakes they deserve to get paid).

I’m all for supporting the devs who deserve it but this cash is literally headed straight to Activision’s coffers and will never support anything or see the light of day, unfortunately. If you wanna support bloodlines with money look into that new one coming out.

shut up Bobby

Troika was an amazing game developer but a completely unprofitable company. They were going to go out of business regardless of Activision.

>Should we, by principle, just pirate these games?
In this case, most definately. The only people who receive your money are the ones who ruined the game.