DUST in VIDEO GAMES

Is dust simulation the next step in video game graphics?

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 994K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENJSI1Ja5Js
youtube.com/watch?v=0IVAQ4INhdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck "muh graphics"

unironically yes
fully simulated particle dynamics will be the next big thing after ray tracing

isnt it more of physics? also, the smoke simulations with gameworks in arkham knight ran like shit so it stands to reason that dust simulations would run like shit too since they might use similar techniques.

Nvidia already did it with PhysX and it was stupid and meaningless.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENJSI1Ja5Js

Once I realized in video games that nothing you did ever kicked dust in a believable way in the air my immersion was ruined, I genuinely believe this will be the next big step
One day we will get used to that new technology, and we will look at older video games and see how non-immersive the lack of particles was

Attached: file.png (700x399, 474K)

but we need better graphics so that your 100 quadrillion transistor GPU can be obsolete within 3-5 years and you'll have to shell another 500$ to buy the brand new 200 quadrillion transistor GPU instead.

In retrospect, it's amazing how multi-billion transistor chips are made to be obsolete by game developers.

>bring green screen outside and film it
>kick some dust a few times
>make them animations and add it to the game
even I could do it retards

Who gives a shit, can't we focus on improving gameplay related features instead of graphics.

Lol that shits just spawning 2D png graphics of dust.

Not for a while.
Well done animated particle billboards look near photorealistic so there's no point.

Attached: 1535726879304.webm (1066x600, 1.59M)

Animator here.
this shit's existed for a long time but it just takes way too much processing power to be applied in real time 60fps let alone complex video games.
youtube.com/watch?v=0IVAQ4INhdg

based squad

Attached: mine.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

but it looks like shit up close

Attached: wind.webm (1280x720, 668K)

What fucking use would it be in a fucking game that couldn't be done better and more accessibly than with the techniques they already use?

Attached: ice.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

>magical compass with exact reading
wow what a great "milsim"

game?

that's crysis

agreed. the push towards photorealism discourages development of more important elements like engaging and unique gameplay and map design.

Attached: 1540692420753.png (521x828, 507K)

How 'unique' do you think gameplay can even be? Because there are quality games with good graphics and 'map design' available for literally every single genre now

we had dust in games since 2004

Attached: K-DST.png (400x444, 85K)