Someone mentions a rarely mentioned series youre a huge fan of

>someone mentions a rarely mentioned series youre a huge fan of
>make a wordy post gushing about it
>dont get any replies
>thread dies
GOD I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT VIDEOGAMES

Attached: 1562423819003.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7oorZjFZqrM
youtube.com/watch?v=g_LKRBP69ag
youtube.com/watch?v=7rDO0vi47Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=wlslP0Y3X6s
streamable.com/6l604
youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop playing dumb obscure VN shit then.

Timing is everything. Read the Book of Five Rings.

This. Yea Forums is for mainstream normalfag garbage now

Found another Metal Arms fan

>go into trash thread about to get pruned
>post cute anime girl and tell people to watch her show
>people say that she is cute and that they will

Attached: 653453489032984-23.jpg (720x404, 56K)

Please tell me about your game. I'm always interested in games I haven't played before, and Yea Forums has pointed me in some great directions before.

What are some games?

i won't

I dont play Fortnite sorry sob sob :'=(

That's okay

What game was it?

What show

Spider Riders. It starts off slow, but I hope that you like it and aren't planning anything malicious with this information

I know that feeling. I've written multi-post essays about rarely mentioned games I'm passionate about and I've gotten a reply maybe twice and one of them was just telling me I was an autist for writing all that out.

Attached: 1490555939751.gif (720x720, 36K)

me neither

Start a thread about the game instead of starting a thread complaining about how no one talks about the game

Please write some out now, you're among friends.

I want to talk about medabots, its not vn shit

Medarot r recently got a fan translation, and its extremely flawed, but I finished it with 24 hours of playtime
The gba rpg game that came afterward is leagues better in every single way but at the end of the day only 3 medabots games were released in english, one being good (rpg), one being mediocre (ax), and one being critically panned (infinity) so as someone who speaks english but loves the series this is the only chance to play something I can read
Girls mission was the last medabots game actually released in japan and its text is literally meaningless so its possible to play if you dont read nip, but girls mission is an actual shit game that no one should try

>get called an autist for typing out a post about videogames
It hurts

>start a thread that will get 0 replies

im going to watch it illegaly

>write out well thought out reply to a slow thread
>english is not my first language so i try hard enough to be barely understood
>keep typing my reply
>thread gets archived while typing
I JUST WANTED TO FEEL SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER IDIOT! FUUUCK

Attached: 1559343082143.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

Your grasp of english is fine though, esl-kun
I wouldnt know that you didnt speak it first

Nice

Fuck it,

I’ll hear you out, gush out about whatever obscure game fills your heart with joy, I’ll give it the love Yea Forums clearly wont

Attached: 2756B2E1-A2F1-4162-995C-3991F00BC8F2.jpg (222x216, 7K)

this but with shmups

Attached: 1551601990823.png (1100x850, 659K)

I appreciate you sharing it, but I try to avoid fan translations and handhelds. That said, I'm glad you liked it.

Don't take it personally Yea Forumsros. Some people are assholes but at times, maybe no one has anything to contribute. At times I see threads that seem genuine get no replies and I take no part in it because I don't know anything about the topic or I have nothing interesting to say back. Either that or you use images that don't grab peoples' attention so your threads go unnoticed.

Just to spite you I will not watch it and instead will watch an anime from the top 10 worst anime list.

Which one would you like to hear about and what general aspect? Usually these essays were typed with a pre-existing post to reply to in mind (e.g. a game that was formative in your tastes, a game that had a perfect balance of all features to you, tell me the best and worst aspects of your favorites, etc.). Wrote ones about Ecco the Dolphin (series, but usually the second game), The Legend of Legacy, The Alliance Alive, Etrian Odyssey games, Shining Force, a short one about Kirby I think, and a few others.

The fan translation is flawed too, typos, using the wrong word to describe something, etc
But its better than having to google translate text boxes and hope youre going in the right direction

what' s a metabot?

This board (and /vg/ too) needs more space for its threads

I'd like to thank vidya for forcing me to learn the english language, without it i would've been able to get a 100k year job and finish the original RE2 and Conker's Bad Fur Day back in the day.

Attached: 1541214507966.jpg (480x723, 67K)

Start with Ecco then!

I hope you get a kick out of watching whatever it is that you'll watch

>Make a thread about a vidya
>Everyone's have a great time even if it is a bit off topic
>It gets pruned when it was reaching bump limit
Why the fuck would you not allow it to just die naturally when people are enjoying it and you jannies didn't do your job before hand? Why wait when it is about to go into archived mode?

Because it gives the janny a tingling sensation in their chastity cage to wield such power as they posses maliciously

I loved the RPG on GBA, I've replayed each version a few times on emulators with savestates.
It's insane how long running of a series the medarot rpgs are in Japan, while having an almost nonexistent fanbase in America, aside from the short anime stint two decades ago.
Is R worth playing? I was aware that it was released recently after a long ass translation period, but I passed it up because I don't care for PS1 emulation.

I settled on Garzey's Wing, apparently im in for a dumpster fire. I was gonna go for Mars of Destruction but apparently it has a following kinda like The Room for how bad it is.

The gba version is better in every single way than medarot r.
If youre a fan Id say play it, but if you're not id say skip it and just play the gba one to get a feel for the series
But if you really decide, make sure to use fast forward during battles because the biggest flaw is how long battles take. Like each fight is like 5 minutes long just by watching health bars drain, and medabots chug over to each other to attack.

Its crazy how they dont translate anything anymore after medabots infinity flopped.
But the 3ds rpgs are too complex to play without jp knowledge, and the non-rpgs are all pretty shit and just 100% cheese.
The anime is good too, one of the few things I prefer the english writing over since the japanese original takes itself too seriously.
But for some reason they aired the english eps out of order so you'd have to rearrange them manually to have a consistent story

In japan they still make merchandise for it, yet they dont want to reach over here and it makes me pretty sad.
I still buy some merch but import fees and such suck dick.

>constantly post pictures of manga i like
>people say it looks dumb and to stop
I hate Yea Forums.

Attached: 1541413372131.jpg (1143x1600, 834K)

Looks cool, keep going

Yea Forums is never right
Ajin anime was good anyways

Yeah that's what they all say and then when they see the guy that kills himself every chapter, they go
>lol this is dumb how is still alive

Attached: 1555938876257.jpg (1739x1217, 677K)

Stop playing unpopular shit then, you fucking idiot. If something isn't popular, it clearly doesn't warrant discussion.

(You)

Well it at least looks tacticool.

The art is too good for how little attention it gets.

Attached: 1531231845977.jpg (869x1217, 232K)

You're on the wrong board for that

How many chapters

I might read this at some point.

70, it'll most likely end this year or early next year.

Attached: 1545617650113.jpg (1143x1600, 793K)

>he didnt mention the title yet

Another person already said Ajin.

Attached: 1545419354122.jpg (869x1218, 202K)

>OJ thread
>peek into it hoping for Sugu games discussion
>

Attached: 1448728265549.png (640x686, 723K)

100% is a mistake

if you want to talk about your fav game, just fucking talk about it. literally pussies in this thread holding back talking about their favorite game because anons might not like it like complete cucks.
anons, if you like a game, just fucking post and tell us about it and dont give a fuck what others think, theres around 10 spam threads up on Yea Forums at any given time and yet you think that you talking about your game too much might disrupt the board or something?
just tell us nigger, even if you get 0 replies you might get someone interested.
the reason people dont reply is because you write up lengthy spergy posts which people dont have any way of replying to, post something cool from the game like a segment, a song or something that will grab anons attention. games like minecraft, lisa or fnaf became popular on Yea Forums from just people posting comfy screenshots and soundtracks.
i remember threads where someone just described a game he was looking for from his memory and it got some other anons so excited from the short interesting description he gave that they actually looked for it and found it. do that nigger.

I dont talk about my favorite game because it doesnt get replies like posting a webm of some thot does.
Why type it out when no one will reply?

>pic related
fuck off weeb scum

Attached: wdytwa.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Yea Forums is an anime website

>spot thread discussing game that rarely gets discussed
>write out a long post talking about the game
>archived before i can post

Ok Ecco it is. I guess I'll just use a general topic.
Ecco the Dolphin 2, The Tides of Time, is my favorite game.
While I had a lot of games I enjoyed and still remember fondly on the Genesis I played as a kid, Ecco is the one that sticks out in my mind the most. Gameplay wise, it poses a solid challenge, although the New Machine is admittedly less brutal than the original Welcome to the Machine (a level that was so brutal that when Ecco 1 was brought to Japan, they removed the parts of the finale that forced you to replay it on failure). The challenge of the game is emphasized most strongly in stages that make the player utilize the limited air supply Ecco has for parts of the game or in stages that pit him against bosses. These sometimes are combined to put added pressure on the player, and the bosses are never the same kind of thing either, with solid variety in the way they are presented. From the Globe Holder's raw killing force in a cramped Vortex holding cell to having to race a giant Medusa in water tubes thousands of feet above the surface of the planet, no two fights are alike. These would be nothing however, without the controls. Ecco was new to me at the time. While it was presented from a side view, it had controls that allowed for free movement in any direction Ecco could swim, and it even utilized out of water areas with mechanics such as transforming spheres that allowed you to fly, forced you to control a school of fish that was being preyed upon by your fellow dolphins, or even the poorly mobile Vortex drones that were the servants of your enemies. However, there admittedly was some sections of repetition (particularly in the Game Gear version) during the recovery of the Asterite's Globes. Still, this was really the only aspect I noticed of the sort. 3D swimming sections segued between stages as a sort of transitional mechanic, and provided a crisp looking break from the oceanic caverns and dismal alien buildings.
(Cont'd)

Attached: ecco-the-tides-of-time-genesis-front-cover.jpg (800x1134, 260K)

type quicker next time

Another key aspect was the atmosphere. While cheerfully colorful games like Sonic were among the others I had enjoyed on the system, Ecco had a different world. From the beautiful blue shallows and reefs of his home to the grim orange skies of the metallic dark future, Ecco created a unique atmosphere. Where else would one play as a dolphin jumping through alien holding tanks filled with metal amoebas, or evading alien drones in an undersea cavern with a giant maggot squirming around inside? Ecco's atmosphere was varied yet still created a cohesive world and timeline as he traveled through it in search of a way to restore the Asterite and stop the dark vortex future from coming to pass. Of course, despite all that, one can't speak of Ecco's atmosphere without mentioning the deep sea aspects of it. Darkened, rocky depths filled with fish that would suddenly lunge at you if you mistook them for the edible ones above, octopi that would block the way, giant red seahorses, alien serpents and giant maggots that slowly lurked the depths, and the fucking huge eels that burst out of walls to attack you while you hunted one in a giant conch all contributed immensely to the tone that many players describe as "scary," for lack of a better word. The creatures weren't the only thing that made it that way however, places like the Sea of Darkness made their name fit by reducing the light, and all the Vortex areas in both Ecco games had a very ominous feeling, with ribbed structures and machines laying the halls. But even with all these elements, it wouldn't be half of what it is without the music.
(Cont'd)

Attached: eccowarriordrones.png (484x242, 133K)

And this is a board for video games, fist yourself and fuck off back to Yea Forums

Attached: 1501430075364.jpg (247x358, 36K)

Ecco's music is something else. Regardless of the platform, be it Game Gear, Genesis, or Sega CD, Ecco has stellar music for setting the tone of an area or boss.
youtube.com/watch?v=7oorZjFZqrM
youtube.com/watch?v=g_LKRBP69ag
youtube.com/watch?v=7rDO0vi47Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=wlslP0Y3X6s
The ethereal tunes of the areas take them from just being very neat, graphically beautiful locations, and turns them into something completely new. When I hear the music for Ecco 2's Time Travel theme, I can see the ruined walls of Atlantis, the bizarre disc shaped time machine, and Ecco himself vanishing into the tides of time, gone forevermore due to the lack of a concluding game for the trilogy. The Ice Zone perfectly encapsulates the cold, crystal filled waters of the stage. Themes not above like the Sea of Darkness or Fault Zone flawlessly pour a sense of solitude and sometimes ominousness into the isolated, dark waters. I may be gushing about the soundtrack a bit too enthusiastically, but these are genuinely among my favorite game soundtracks of all time. Each one perfectly works with all the other elements of the game to draw me into the game's world.
(Cont'd)

Attached: Eccotimemachine.jpg (480x360, 52K)

I actually want to read it but I prefer .cbz files.

Do you know where I could go to get like a torrent of all of them? I used to use a site called StopTazmo but I think its gone

>thread about my favorite game
>dies instantly
>someone makes e-celeb/sjw twitter thread
>300 replies

Attached: 5068090D-9FF4-4809-BFC4-A9F6E28AD510.png (822x802, 680K)

While the games may never be finished due to how Sega treats their IPs (even with Ecco's creator pursuing permissions to make the finale for years to no avail), they will always remain as my favorites, no matter what may come. From the satisfying challenge, to the variety in gameplay, to the excellent graphics, to the irreplicable atmosphere created as a fusion of the music with all these elements, nothing will ever really be like Ecco. These games shaped much of my future tastes in media and games, including much of the ones I ended up getting into on handhelds. While they may not be remembered as fondly by the Genesis crowd as other series, the Ecco games (and particularly 2) will forever be the duo that I hold dear to my heart.

I apologize for the poor writing quality. Normally I would take longer to proofread and add more detail, but it's 2am and I'm already afraid that I typed it too hastily over the past hour and I rambled too much.
If you do read it, I hope you give it a try if it sounds appealing to you.

Attached: Ecco2000.jpg (320x240, 81K)

I just makes me sad that we are all stuck in this hellhole and we can barely even do the most basic fucking thing; Talk about vidya.

That sounds like something that an obsessive weirdo would do, maybe you should, like, have sex or something?

What there is to talk about vidya anymore? Every single game made on or after 2007 has been objectively 100% pure shit made for casual shit-eaters, vidya is dead.

why am I rangebanned from making threads on v

The game looks neat but It kinda looks like Armored Core Megaman.

I wish there were robots with big titties. There used to be this old Pokemon ripoff where the pokemon were all little robots and some had huge knockers. It was pretty great. God I miss those times.

Attached: 1559157361528.jpg (667x477, 27K)

you mean 1997

It helps no one to be reductive.

Is it called medarot or medabot

Based school of two skies poster

just bump the thread while you're typing the long reply

That brings up an interesting point. What are the images that will bring in some people to discuss a game but not overwhelm the thread with talk just about the image?

The former is the jp transliteration
The latter is the official english name

That's the reply I expected more, just a variant on the "autist" reply.
I apologize. I just like some games a lot and wish other people liked them too, at least a few. Although I guess liking something no one cares about is at least less difficult than liking something that's actively hated.

Nice bait

Play both sides of an argument and stir shit a little before replying seriously to foster conversation. Post using cute anime girls because, aside from the occasional ironic weeb, animechads are of a far higher quality than normalfag Yea Forums posters who can't help but spout buzzwords in every other post.

Attached: 1435637201469.png (600x849, 348K)

Isn't it funny how Japan used the first part of the word robot to make Medarot, and the english is basically the other half of the word?

I think this looks cool and should've been in the game

Attached: 1549774287060.jpg (2500x3485, 864K)

I suppose that makes sense, but it's difficult to stir the pot when
>people don't care in the first place about the pot being stirred so no one replies
>no one replies and you can't just samefag because of the IP count
I'm not sure which anime girl to use. I have plenty but I mostly read manga now instead simply because I absorb more story in less time and can examine each part of the art slower. How much can I get for this nice Botan?

Attached: thatsnotright.png (671x603, 168K)

>animechads
>implying

Your best bet is to direct download them from some manga site and just convert since I doubt anyone is bothering to upload this manga.

Attached: 1557329425404.jpg (1143x1600, 464K)

>make a thread with an OP longer than two paragraphs
>no replies, have to samefag it on different IPs to keep the thread alive until other people post

>make a template thread OP
>replies in two minutes, thread hits bump limit after two hours

Attached: 1548237094507.jpg (640x480, 137K)

YOU WANT PRAY GAME?
FUCK YOU, HAVE FROGS

You know, like 6 or so years ago I would have agreed but I've been having a fucking great time with games lately. I think what made me enjoy games more was no longer playing multiplayer and losing interest in big budget games. We've finally got fucking mid-budget games back, it's like the PS2 era all over again. I just hope it doesn't all get ruined again like what happened last gen.

I like the compound weapon.

>you can't just samefag because of the IP count
Yes you can. What are they going to do? Bump the thread to tell you you're samefagging? Thanks LOSER.

Yea Forums might be shit now but animechads still run this shit.

Attached: 1419411601920.jpg (256x256, 43K)

Gotcha- I settled and found the first 51 of them all in jpeg.

The art looks REALLY good so I figured I'd check it out. It seems like it might give me the vibe I wanted from Gantz.

Thanks for the indirect recommendation

based and miyamotopilled

Keep in mind that the art-style changes around 12 chapters in because the original author abandoned the series and left it to his friend. It only gets better as the series goes on.

Attached: 1547629299310.jpg (1463x2048, 890K)

I think it'd be neat to see.

It reminded me of the knife trick Olga used in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Yeah its pretty weird
They did justice with the english name
The former would sound like metal + rot instead of medal + robot

Try to use images that are like pic related.
>Bright, contrasting colors catch people's eyes more easily.
>Simple to look at as it only contains a recognizable character and a title. Nothing that requires a closer look to identify because that only makes it overlooked.
>Unless you want your thread to be an anime girl image dump, don't post an anime girl or any other image that gets people aroused because you can kiss any serious discussions goodbye. That's why they say don't use an image that's more interesting than the subject of your thread. Other good images to use are ones with just a character over a white background.

Attached: ctr-full-logo.png (334x345, 39K)

I suppose, but it doesn't really lead to much discussion when the first posts are just being "ohnono'd" over and over because of it.
And it depends on the speed of the board, the 10 minute self bump cooldown is sometimes too much and a thread just dies because no one is interested.

No, then you become a recognizable figure that people despise and the discussion revolves around the same stupid bait shit every time. Look what happened to the fucking Falcom community on this site. We used to have great threads all the time, then the Danganronpa fag started spamming the threads with bait because the discussion was too slow for his taste and the threads never recovered. Now they're just endless shitposting of "buy Estelle's game" or retards pretending to like NISA.

Good luck discussing something like dinosaur Resurrection or Xanadu Next now, you used to be able to but now it's impossible.

Ok, thanks for the preface!

>Watched both series of the anime
>Can't remember enjoying a single scene that didn't have Sato in it

How is it fair for someone to steal the show so hard?

I really thought Chico was going to end up being grey fox. Just discarding his character after the entirety of Ground Zeroes was spent developing him makes no fucking sense.

I remember watching that show on Teletoon because it had Metabee's voice actor. Thanks for reminding me it existed, user. Take care.

you're using horny and lonely guy image wrong

Hmm. I think this is good advice but unfortunately for the games I like to discuss they typically don't have much that fits the ideal prescribed here.

Yeah, it seems neat on a character that bulky, I wonder how he'd use it in game

I was bummed about that, too. They really made him present in Ground Zeros so it was kinda jarring just having him disappear.

Every game has it's own edgy character that I'd loved: Grey Fox, Null, The End, people like that. I felt kind of cheated out of a flavor I'd come to expect. I'm kinda glad to see there will be some of that missing element in Death Stranding.

I know some people don't really like Kojima's over-the-topic antics but I really like it.

To be fair, he's honestly one of the best antagonists to come out this decade and his character isn't even complex.

Attached: 1538952769723.jpg (1143x1600, 406K)

I never got a chance to play Ecco when I was younger and regret it. It looks super neat and that music is really atmospheric. Thanks for writing that out, it was a pleasant read.

I don't really care about the game itself but this was an interesting read. nice job user, I hope you post more in other threads

I kinda feel like he'd be pretty similar to Null and Grey Fox. The art kind of has a Vamp feel, too. Maybe it was to much to work into the story.

I like the manga and the anime too user. Gave me my waifu.

Attached: Aijin_Waifu_'''.jpg (286x283, 19K)

I admit I deleted it when I saw it was 3DCG and by netflix.

>this thread
Have sex

It's probably one of 3 good CG anime out there but any moment that isn't action looks pretty bad.

streamable.com/6l604

Attached: 1549213369401.jpg (869x1218, 295K)

Thanks anons
I'll try and make future ones more open to discussion, rereading this I think I see why they get ignored a lot.

Attached: Ecco2-globe.png (168x167, 69K)

This is me every time I post about Midnight Club II. I love that game to death.

Attached: Midnight_Club_II.jpg (640x908, 104K)

I hate racing games with a passion, but midnight club 2 has a special place in my heart
I spent many hours playing it with the missile cheat code with my brother
Pick motorcycles and try to snipe the other while doing wheelies
And then some shit stole the game from my house ree

I played the one on the 3DS and I thought it was ass. I loved the GBA one when I was a little kid though.

WHY CAN'T I FIND ANYBODY ELSE THAT PLAYED BRASS RESTORATION ANYMORE
I AM A LOST SOUL IN A SEA OF NEWFAGS AAAAAHHHHHHH

Attached: 1511849260731.jpg (458x618, 96K)

Garzey's Wing is The Room of anime. It's great.

This place has really gotten normy in the last few years, I wish there was another place we could go to post but places like resetera and similar like forms are garbage and full of sjw trannies that don't care about games either

Medarot 6-9 inclusive
Medarot dual and girls mission
And probably two that im forgetting
All on 3ds
Which one did you play?

The gba one is the best out of the translated ones desu

There was a show last year called RErideD and it was so hilariously bad. Everything from the writing, characters, setting, plot events. Nothing made sense and it was a lot of fun to pick apart.

>he hasn't taken the /vr/pill

Attached: 1470637762114.gif (500x492, 951K)

RErideD depressed me so much, I can't get over how bad it was. I'm a massive fan of ABe, the character designer, and got so excited when I heard he was working on an anime again but they completely butchered his designs. I dropped it pretty fast and from what I've heard I made the right decision.

How come you don't like racing games, man? I haven't met a single person that doesn't like a casual race in a video game.

Attached: maxresdefault (35).jpg (1280x720, 90K)

ABe attached to projects won't make it good. The real reason we liked the previous anime was because of the writer and directors involved; Konaka Chiaki(writer), Hamasaki Hiroshi(director), and Nakamura Ryuutarou(director/now dead). They're the only ones that can adapt ABe's designs into something interesting dripping with atmosphere. That said, RErideD was a lot of fun for me just for how bad it was.

That is cool. MGSV was such a waste.

Racing games dont feel skill based
All things equal, it boils down to whoever starts in first place.
Drafting is made irrelevant on turns
And to break up that luck based positioning, it turns into rng item boxes.
Enemy ai in the genre consists 90% of artificial speed boosts so they dont get btfo'd

Playing it makes me feel cheated no matter if I win or lose

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. You have to give credit to Ueda too, very few producers get as involved in projects as he does. I just love ABe's artstyle and fell into the Despera hype train when RErideD was going by the name "Project D" or whatever it was.

I'd take him as a design in some other game at least. Just so it wouldn't go to waste.

WATCH THE DUB

youtube.com/watch?v=NWru5o07j_I

speaking of ABe's designs does anyone here like Wachenroder
neat game

Attached: Art-Of-Wachenroder-2.jpg (1883x939, 2.4M)

>All things equal, it boils down to whoever starts in first place.
Not true in any racing game. Whether it be item boxes or slipstreaming, it's fine.

fpbp

Oh shut up

Friendly writing tip: Try not to use exclamation marks uneccesarily, it makes you come across as feminine or mentally unstable.

>Racing games dont feel skill based
I'm not sure how you could think that, there's plenty of skill involved in racing. How good your racing line is, how well you manage your breaking in a corner, capitalising on the mistakes of the guy in front and many other small things can add up over the course of a race to put you in first. And like the other poster mentioned there's usually a catchup mechanic so that two equally skilled players will still have back and forth.

Is this the power of autism?

>Saturn
Maybe someday, I guess. Unfortunately, Saturn emulation isn't there yet.

>not him but...
>actually him

Attached: ahem.png (1000x1000, 170K)

Actually generally good advice.

Based. Nice digits too.

Attached: 1483269212582.jpg (643x820, 80K)

>find a thread for a game you like
>post on it hoping to join in on the conversation
>thread dies

Attached: 1540682068757.gif (960x640, 498K)

>the state of this thread
minor kek

I guess not. I made it a tad longer than usual because I got a request to, but usually they aren't as long as that and they're more formulated around a discussion at hand. I do realize that something like that doesn't really invite a whole lot of discussion.

GODDAMNIT

Not that user, but it was still a good read at only four posts imo.

Maybe I'm just used to more than a single line of text due to being raised on forums instead of twitter, and a habit of over-expounding myself, but I've never felt something is actually tl;dr unless it's a solid block in one post or at least 5 to 6 posts, or overtly obvious bait with size to be eye catching but no substance.

That's said, while the subject matter could have used some sprucing up, as you said yourself you're aware, you kept each post a reasonable paragraph length so it wasn't that much to get through, and made good use of images and links to emphasize or complement your post.

That last bit is a minor nitpick of mine with Yea Forums as late, I get a little riled whenever someone talks in praise about the music in a game or series but doesn't post even a single sample of what they're getting at. I feel like people forget there's a reason this is an imageboard with embedded links until they want to post a reaction or bait of some kind. Knowing how to use the tools that weren't here in the early days to enhance your contributions is greatly appreciated.

>Kojima hate thread
>I proceed to talk about how I wish MGS would go back to the more serious and dark tones of the MSX games like Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
>ESL Illiterate user calls that game "too anime"
>I ask him to elaborate
>I go to the beach
>Come back
>He proceeds to describe Metal Gear SOLID 2: Sons of Liberty, not Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
>I want to call him out for being an illiterate retard and feel superior
>But then I notice the thread has been archived
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

Attached: 1562617963426.jpg (259x194, 13K)

Battlefield threads always devolve into shitflinging about either trannies, nazis or whatever
When the real killer of BF5 was the gunplay and how it was so incompatible with the battlefield formula
Reasons why BFV failed as a game are actually complex and many folded, but people just want to scream at the shallow surface reasons instead of the small things under the hood.
Not to mention how Battlefield community is one of the most splintered communities there are. Split into about four factions, the BC2 faction, the BF3/4 faction, the demented pre-BF3 (BF2 and older) faction and then people who love the newest one. And they all hate each other.

Attached: 73acc62155be011cf7af8608ad70424a.jpg (1000x707, 363K)

What made it fail in your opinion?

Tell me about it. Nobody wants to discuss Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts with me.

You call that splintered, pretty much every single fire emblem fan hails their favorite game as the only good one in the series, while everything else ranges from pure shit to boring and easy
There's 13 games+ a mobile app in this series

Attached: 1556270224821.png (200x267, 99K)

First of all, the early access model was considered to be widely accepted in the current gaming climate. BFV was barebones at launch because everyone has seen what the Ubisoft titles and others have done, started as very basic frameworks and slowly expanded into a full bigger game. And WW2 has a clear framework to take advantage in this, it was an event that took 6 years to run its course, how about we use all of the six years as material! Six years of war allows us to plan like 2-3 years of content for this service game, it is foolproof!

So this lead to launch being anemic, DICE thought they knew people would be fine with it. They were not. it is the same problem anthem had, people might had forgiven bad launch 4 years ago, now they don't. So the feed drop design was doomed from the start.

Second, gunplay. Fallacy of composition. By all means and purposes, it is better than Battlefield has ever had gunplay. It is accurate, it feels good, it is powerful, it is tactile. But the problem here is the fact that, if you give this gunplay to 64 players in a single server, you create highly divisive results on how the total enjoyment of all 64 players is. No matter the perception, Battlefield has never been the "competitive game", it is the opposite of the carefully constructed dueling FPS games such as CS:GO where individual skill is highly valued. It is a chaotic carnival of vehicles, bombs, planes, fucking battleships sometimes. It is at its best when it is about spectacle, but they decided to go away with spectacle and make it REALLY about SKILL and REALISM, like a cartoon version of Squad or Project Reality. And two different design priorities clashed heavily, since you still gotta have bombers and tanks and shit, and people jumping around with rocket launchers. I think I'm running out of letters now.

>enter Yea Forumsidya thread
>user posts off topic hentai pic
>user(s) ask for sauce
>decide to help a fellow 2D appreciator
>give sauce
>no reply
YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME DIPSHIT

So the result pleases NOBODY. The pseudo prowannabes will forever complain how people in vehicles do not deserve kills, how they are oppressed because something ruined their stats or where is the ranked mode (fucking every competitive 8v8 mode DICE has tried has failed, I wonder why). Casuals cannot enjoy the game because due to attrition (a system they tried but then slowly washed away) failed because people wanted to play the game rather than beg their teammates for some ammunition as they ignore their very presence, or they die to enemies they never knew where there because they removed 3D spotting which means your team of 32 heads has no way of easily communicating where the fuck the other 32 head team is right now, in a huge map that has already been carpet bombed into a flat plane of snipers, SNIPERS WHO DO NOT USE SNIPER RIFLES BUT ASSAULT RIFLES WITH 3X SCOPES BECAUSE NOT ONLY ARE THOSE JUST AS DEAD, BUT SHOOT THREE TIMES AS FAST WITH SAME ACCURACY AND HAVE NO SCOPE GLINT, so they fucking die without ever knowing what the fuck they did wrong, so nobody is FUCKING HAPPY, NOBODY LIKES THIS HODGE PODGE MIXTURE OF PUBG-LIKE SIT IN A BUSH COMPLETELY INVISIBLE TO HUMAN EYE AND SPRAY THE LMG WITH 3X SCOPE DOWN THE RANGE AND GET 20 KILLS BEFORE SOMEONE STOPS YOU, OR JUST TEAM DEATHMATCH IN A MAP SIZE OF A SINGLE HOUSE LIKE THIS IS FUCKING CALL OF DUTY OR SOMETHING, ZANY FAST MEDICS RUNNING AROUND AND DROPSHOTTING YOU DEAD IN A INSTANT, EVERYONE RUNNING AROUND A SINGLE RUIN BECAUSE THE FUCKING BATTLE PASS SYSTEM, OH YEAH IT HAS FUCKING BATTLE PASS, REQUIRES YOU TO PLAY 50 GAMES OF SQUAD DEATHMATCH IF YOU WANT NEW GUNS TO PLAY WITH BECAUSE THOSE ARE LOCKED BEHIND MEANINGLESS CHALLENGES NOBODY LIKES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah you really need to work on your posting, dude. We'll make it eventually, bud, lol.

meant for
I do

>just want to see people talking about video games
>see thread about a video game in a series I like
>2/3rds of it is shitposting

Attached: 1541894395247.png (350x407, 167K)

Holy shit
So they tried to jump on too many ideas that other companies had without properly taloring it to their playerbase and ended up fucking everything they had going for it

Write a book and have sex

yea as long as I can do my /fa/ashwave shit who cares

Dilate

I never played this game before but I’m interested now. I think we should encourage more threads to talk about random games like this. I’m definitely gonna check this out.

I didnt even know it was possible to write this much about ecco

>implying /vr/ hasn't already gone to shit with it's own autistic shitposters

Then play Burnout and take down everyone in your path. Because you can't rubberband back if you're knocked the fuck out of the race.

If you like to write about games so much why not post your shit on youtube then?

Attached: 1557491197443.png (484x361, 275K)

It's better that way OP. If the series becomes too popular the threads become liquid shit. Ys/Falcom threads used to be max comfy but once Xseed gained some notoriety with PC releases all the retards came in and ruined it. It's impossible to talk about Ys without an 80% shitposting rate these days.

I (we?) tried something like this back in 2013ish I want to say, a sort of video game version of a book club to help bring a sense of community and conversation here since things felt disconnected and in discord but it didn't quite land.

The idea was we'd agree by suggestion and vote to play a genre, series or game, emulated for ease, over the week and discuss elements each day in a thread, then have an overall review at the end of the week before the next game.

The first suggestion was Super Metroid, the thread was actually quite good. We sketched out we'd cover things like early impressions from the intro, the graphics, art, sound, music, pace of how quick you're thrown into the game and how quick you get through each section, level design, enemy design and overall gameplay for the time and overall, and there was actual discussion but there was the lingering feeling this would not and could not last unless some sort of group or board mandated thread served as the foundation and reminder, given how occupied or forgetful the sea of anonymous could be or become with time.
And therein lied the reluctance, some people didn't want to be given the responsibility, others who were willing were also hesitant due to the reception a trip and quasi-general could draw. The usual roadbumps.

There's nothing stopping anyone from trying it again, but I think we'd need to get well and prepared at least a month of plans to avoid complications and guarantee a smooth process that seamlessly integrates into the routine of Yea Forums.

Attached: 1524224506529.jpg (1706x960, 120K)

I watched that all in one sitting with some friends while drunk, we had no idea what we were getting into since they just told me to download a "bad anime." It was a fucking surreal nightmare of comedy gold. I recommend not being sober, and get comfy.

>expecting Yea Forums to be able to cooperate and do something nice

Tougher to do these days with all the good ROM sites closed up

Almost everything from 4th gen and prior + N64 can easily be gotten in those no-intro packs. PS1 and other 5th gen are in torrents where you can select what games you want so you don't have to download the whole thing. ezpz.

>game series I love is only tied to shit posting
Better than nothing I guess, a serious thread would die quickly

Attached: 1538098966192.png (250x382, 154K)

What game