Should I buy this Yea Forums?

should I buy this Yea Forums?

I love crpgs, bg2 being my favourite, but also a big fan of pathfinder, iwd and nwn2.
not a fan of d:os though, too much shitty humour.
but I found the first pillars kinda boring and have heard the sequel is pretty similar in that regard so I dunno

Attached: plllll.jpg (938x517, 110K)

super shitty game
you'd be much better off with ATOM RPG, UnderRail or The Age of Decadence

pirate it and try it out i would suggest
it's a bit better than 1 but i stopped playing after 6 hours

Why would you buy the sequel to the dullest rpg of all time? Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165339604756-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 106K)

age of decadence and atom both look alright but are turn based. I prefer rtwp.
stil, they're cheap so I'll definitely have a look.

1st Pillars is way better.

I just played PoE2, finished it and two DLCs after 52 hours and I really loved it. it's a quality game with a lot of Passion put into it. it is fair that it may not appeal to some, but it is far away from a shit game. I would say it is a great game, one of the best RPGs of the decade, and as someone who liked BG2 you will probably like PoE2.

no need to play the first desu

polarising as fuck

don't give obsidian your money

P1 is the blandest shit on planet earth without the DLC

At least P2 isn't 90% trash encounters with an awful writing style

Attached: 1539319739084.png (497x268, 45K)

It's not shit if you skip every dialogue.

outside of Yea Forums it is not polarizing, it has been a well reviewed and received game. people have only grown more keen with it since the 5.0 patch that added turn-based.

Yea Forums doesn't like rtwp for some reason, and, insanely, they hate Obsidian.

that's because nu-obsidian is shit

PoE 2 is decent but seriously flawed and all their other post vegas stuff is terrible what is there to like?

Play Divinity Original Sin 2

nu-obsidian, I.e. Pillars of Eternity, or this series that Yea Forums doesn't actually put the time in to play before they shitpost

every obsidian game is seriously flawed. you are actually a pleb if you have written off obsidian because of this.

And it just so happens that everything they've done post-fallout is seriously flawed garbage

Dos2's writing is shit; if you're one of the non-human who play CRPGs for the gameplay then you might like it, but story-wise it's piss.

If PoE is garbage to you then your bearings are screwed. Reassess your stance, mellow out maybe and reflect on that extreme opinion.

>defending current day Obsidian
lol no

Attached: TimCain.png (1372x1744, 1.3M)

The thing with Obsidian is that they are constant experimenters. What that is is an attempt at innovation, something which should be celebrated in games, regardless of success or failure. All of Obsidian's classics are charming failures in one way or many, it is their enduring legacy that has made them who they were and who they still are.

who is this man

im a big fan of classic crpgs, but PoE 1 and 2 bored me. I don't even remember anything of the story. i recommend you try D:OS2, OP, it's much better than 1 and is actually engaging

>Terrible encounter design where maps are non stop trash mobs
>Required a year of patching and didn't even launch with AI or content for the stronghold
>Non stop balance man autism
>Twin Elms/final chapter is terrible
>companions are not allowed to argue with you
>Wikipedia infodumps instead of actual characters
>Terrible itemization

No, the first PoE is a boring slog with fuck all redeeming qualities until the DLCs

I thought it was all right, and I dropped D:OS1 because the writing was fucking awful. Dropped PoE2 because every aspect of the game was boring.

Tim Cain.

okay a lot of that is fair, but I did mean PoE2. I still liked PoE, but the sequel is an improvement in all areas and to great effect. I maintain that PoE2 is far away from garbage.

>>Wikipedia infodumps instead of actual characters
That is the worst part about the PoE games. Just novels of boring shit story telling. Same thing with Tyranny, which admittedly had an interesting premise/setting, but the execution was horrid

I cannot wait to see the Outer Worlds flop. It's time for Obsidian to close its doors

And PoE2 is alright aside from the terrible story and companions. And ship battles. I maintain that their other games are dogshit and outer worlds will be shit.

If you found the first one boring, this one will be more of the same. I've dropped both of them halfway and didn't look bad.

you don't need to talk to everyone about everything... this complaint is so silly when PoE clearly follows a trend set by BG but within their own world which they must do the work to establish.

gay

If you didn't really like the first one I don't think you'll enjoy the second game. It's more of the same, with some gameplay improvements, but worse writing and world building.

Attached: popebutton.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

whats a fun class to play in kingmaker?

I really liked it

>should I buy this Yea Forums?

No, unless you like games about gay fish

Wonder why the game flopped?

Attached: gay fish poe.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

d:os2 is pretty gay as well

Mate you like completely missed the sale.

It's still happening you faggot.

Fuck you're right. In that case buy some video games user.

>It's time for Obsidian to close its doors
Someone hasn't heard the news lol

>start a playthrough at release
>stop playing due to level scaling not working and game being piss easy
>start a new game after they fix it
>lose interest after a few hours
>start a new playthrough after all the DLC comes out and fixes a lot of shit
>finish the game but don't touch the DLC and don't wanna bother with it afterwards since I'm already level cap
>start a new playthrough to try the turn based mode now thats "finished"
>lose interest after 10hours or so since the game is piss easy but slow as fuck

I loved POE1 and replayed it like 3 times from start to finish, it had its faults like loading screens every 2 steps but deadfire is just plain bad

Even trash encounters are interesting since they're meant to drain your resources, deadfire encounters on the other hand offer nothing but wasting your time since every resource resets after combat

If only Obsidian learned how to present story, lore and history of the world to the player and not force feed him with with shit ton of text at every corner and at every conversation, their games would be great.

I really liked the setting in tyranny, I feel like they had a good idea with a universe there

It's a massive step forward that solves almost all the issues I had with the original. The game is much more open, less linear, has better itemization, a rich bestiary, vastly superior encounters, a better class system, interesting factions, lots of choices & consequences and above all the option to play it in turn-based mode.

Is the turn-based combat enjoyable as in D:OS?

It's great but you should absolutely play the first beforehand or most of the lore and context will be lost on you.
Not gonna bother going into details as to why it's great as I usually do, this thread will be drowned in shitposting, pastas and regurgitated "opinions" soon.

The fact you can go anywhere at any time and the massive amount of content means you can choose what to do: dungeon crawl, bounty hunt, explore the ocean, help one of the factions, etc, and it\s always a satisfying experience, with gorgeous environments, set pieces and enemies.

As a downside, the companions are kinda dull and the game goes deep into lore and past events in a way that almost make the first game mandatory, but those are only minor complaints. Forget New Vegas, this is Obsidian's best RPG ever.

Attached: hahah.jpg (653x348, 115K)

>obsidian

Attached: obsidian.jpg (680x2159, 421K)

>10x more reviews
holy fuck

no wonder Obsidian had to sell out to Microsoft

Seems these RPG games either have the reviews glowing or X is better

So redpill me.. I only have time for one rpg this year.

Kingmaker
Poe2
Baldurs gate 2

Pls help

BG2 is mustplay, but don't forget to download fix that removes and SJW shit that beamdog added in enhanced edition

Baldur's Gate 2. Get the original version.

I'm not a sperg and don't mind the """SJW""" stuff.

I wish the Turn Based mode was a toggleable thing, like the Kingmaker mod. Turn Based is good for some encounters, but sometimes you just can't be bothered with the extra amount of time it takes.

Will do

how obnoxious is the sjw stuff?

yeah I had hoped you can turn it on or off from the settings, by it seems to be a choice at the beginning

I finished it a while ago. It worth it if you can catch it on sale.

It has it's fair share of problems, and the difficulty curve is straigt up ridiculous. You will go from getting man-handled by low tier skeletons, to going one on one with dragons and anchient golems, within a dozen hours or so.

None. But alchemist is pretty onorthodox, and lets you innovate with different playing styles, and offers the highest degree of versitility among the classes.

Tyranny was better than PoE 1 and 2, in my opinion.

Guys

TWO from this list.. what would you go for?

Tyranny
PoE 2
Kingmaker - ( this shit looks comfy as fuck and i hate to use that word but it has that classic oldschool fantasy look)

Shadowrun dragonfall
Age of decadence
Grimoire

It's non-existent except for seige of dragonspear which is a separate game. don't listen to these autists the enhanced is fine and the easiest way to play the game.

Enhanced even has a better mod installer / manager now

Gay NPCs , gay lines for main characters, probably something else.
"Enhanced" my ass

both PoE2 and Tyranny bombed hard after people realized Shitsidian can't make good games anymore.

Shadowrun dragonfall
Rest is garbage

You don't seem to be a person either. Stupid mutt.

Kingmaker is the best of this bunch.