Attached: gungeon.jpg (460x215, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/259680/Tales_of_MajEyal/
crawl.develz.org/
elona.fandom.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic not related

I still do daily runs every now and then

Attached: 19BD0A63-516D-4953-9D94-27AE80CBC29C.jpg (800x800, 89K)

You first, pal.

That's not a roguelike and god tier is more than questionable, but okay.

Attached: f472fd251f192f4bceab510bab5efe3062b84e7d.jpg (616x353, 39K)

Roguelike MUST be turn based and with a grid
Dragons MUST have 4 legs and 2 wings
Futa MUST have a vagina

Attached: 1445291122668.jpg (446x500, 76K)

Great? Sure.
Godlike? Far from it.

OT: Dungeon of the Endless with friends
is pretty great too

>anime
ew

Futa with pussy is gross what are you gay

Caves of Qud

Streets of Rogue

>>>/reddit/

I just want a plain, fantasy rpg rouguelike with no gimmicks and no end. What do I play?

This & Rogue Legacy.

Attached: BetterThanMM11.jpg (460x215, 60K)

Closest feeling to a traditional tile roguelike with real time combat imo

Attached: roguelite.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

Attached: this_here_is_worth_it.jpg (1920x1018, 428K)

You’re right OP, it’s also got turbo mode in it now which kicks ass

>faglike with instant meme spikes and blind jesus jumps
Faggot kys

>reddit lingo

Attached: wizard-of-legend-cover.jpg (271x377, 37K)

Darkest dungeon, ftl

Btw is there any decent android phone roguelikes?

Attached: 481078-wizard-of-legend-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (720x1080, 152K)

That's a Rogue lite, not a Roguelike.

I might take a look at it, then. It was way too slow for me to get into it.

Tales of Maj'Eyal as an infinite mode.
store.steampowered.com/app/259680/Tales_of_MajEyal/

Coming from gungeon to this felt incredibly awkward. Not sure if I was missing something but the combat felt janky.

Lighting Council Member when?

>I suck at this game so much I need Rainbow Mode to even consistently succeed in a run. RNGesus simply fucks me in the ass too much without it

This. Where is Caves of Qud, NetHack, DCSS

Can someone who liked Rogue Legacy explain the appeal? The controls and mechanics were generic, and the random level generation was absurdly simplistic. Also, its not a roguelike in the slightest, but that doesnt mean it cant be a good game regardless.

Gungeon is the most boring roguelite I've ever played.
I can do a full playthrough of basically any other one in one sitting and have a ton of fun.
I usually can't stop myself from saving at the end of a floor and quitting Gungeon for late.
Fuck that boring slog.

It's because of the simplicity. The gamer generates simple dungeons and a mix of characters with traits and spells, and you run in and slash at enemies. You die, spend money until you're a beast, repeat until you beat everything.

It's for people who enjoy the simple grind.

Nuclear Throne will forever be my go to game when I'm bored and have a few mins to spare. Easy to pick up hard to master with the RNG of weapon and mutations varying your build each time. It's just pure fun

I guess i was just a bit bitter about it being tagged as a roguelike, but that does make sense. It kind of has the flash game appeal, you can go into it and enjoy a combo of a few things without much worry.

The level 1 dungeons

Attached: 1562382796579.png (903x577, 299K)

No New pokemon mystery dungeon feels bad (Game Freak wtf!!!?)

It's pick up and go. Dying isn't so horrible because you can still do minor upgrades. You eventually "get good" at it and can accumulate more money per run. You eventually upgrade to the point of being overpowered in early area and it gets more fun and easier to upgrade more and more. It's just very easy and quick to jump in and out of this game.

Into the Breach
FTL
Risk of Rain
Nuclear Throne
Rogue Legacy
Magicite
Strafe
One More Dungeon
Moonlighter
Hero Siege

If I liked Recettear, will I like Moonlighter?

>tfw trying to unlock gunslinger

why is it so stressful? fuck

Attached: 1560132246001.jpg (600x600, 333K)

The core principle of these two games is the same. You go into dungeons and grind for items to sell.
In Moonlighter you also use those materials to craft yourself better items and there is no financial goal like in Recettear.

Depends what you liked about it. Moonlighter goes way less deep in the economic aspects but the dungeon crawling is more solid to make up for it.

Shigatari

How many of you played A Robot Named Fight? The idea of Super Metroid + Isaac is cute but I miss shit like walljumps. Only did one successful run so far, does it get any better with unlocks?

Strafe is like an FPS Spelunky, but it has a lot of missed potential. The disposable guns were more fun than the actual primaries.

Attached: 20190707005622_1.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

the binding of issac because no ones said it yet

>dude just beat the game twice in a row lmao!!!
Fuck whoever thought of this. This shit takes way too fucking long. Sometimes the synergies don't even work because you need the other gun

Attached: u45wertfd.png (416x416, 171K)

crawl.develz.org/

Pixel Dungeon is rather simple but enjoyable enough. I found myself sinking a fair amount of time into it.

Pathos Codex (or a name similar to that) has a lot more depth than Pixel Dungeon and I found more enjoyable. Though it is harder if you are unfamiliar with them.

Game Freak doesn't make the Mystery Dungeon games. It's Spike Chunsoft.

Attached: e974b8f1c6e37ae10d70c6e912d21116_original.png (1552x873, 166K)

>mfw changes in last two years
The devs are fucking RETARDS

Attached: 1487241707867.gif (206x176, 370K)

Not a roguelike. Fuck off.

Attached: f.jpg (312x445, 20K)

have sex

Mein neger. That game is fun.

I appreciate your autism, user. A roguelike thread with no roguelikes are always shit. Keep reminding them, turn based,n on a grid, procedurally generated.

You first

Attached: IVAN.png (798x598, 107K)

I bought it on Thursday, not expecting much. It was only 3€ with the 5€ discount from the race applied. Played it with a friend since then and can't stop putting it down, there's just so much progression and stuff to do. I can see myself easily sinking a few hundred hours into this

Attached: file.png (306x126, 63K)

I've had my eye on this for awhile, is it still worth it if I'll be playing alone?

Enter the gungeon is not that good.

Was I the only person to enjoy Broforce?

Attached: 1548821408835.jpg (444x446, 84K)

absolutely, there's some classes that obviously shine in multiplayer such as priest but he is still very good as a solo char, altough the beginning might be tough. but that holds true for any class except maybe paladin thanks to his ability to block projectiles who will fuck up a lot of early game heroes. Check this game out, if you don't like it just refund it. Personally it scratches an itch for me because of its near infinite scaling thanks to multiple new game pluses. It's tough but very rewarding imho

I managed to do it somehow with Rainbow run. Pray you get clones from chest.

I'll probably pick it up plus the DLC since it looks like my kinda game too, have you been playing controller or keyboard?

Doing a rainbow run is the easiest way. Also, when you do rainbow runs, be sure to do the extra levels, and buy the rat key. Even if you skip doing the rat fight, it still gives you an extra chest

I played those 60 hours with keyboard and mouse and it's been working very well but I do feel some strain on my left hand from dodging projectiles and stuff. Maybe start the game on controller from the get go, so you don't have to "re-learn" it like I would have to should I switch to controller

Alright, I'll try them both at least since I probably prefer KB+M but controller probably feels better. Thanks user

Poor man's Nuclear Throne.

dude realism lmao

Attached: cataclysm food.jpg (750x450, 55K)

Was rogue even turn based?
There's also the rogue lite term btw

Pic not related?
Fucking damage caps on boss fights lmao.

Pic unrelated?

Soul Knight

WoL is really good. Waiting for lightning update to dive into it again.
Also, Monolith.

Attached: monolith.png (350x163, 59K)

>Was rogue even turn based?
Of course it was you absolute mong

Youre all wrong and faggots

>pic related
>hnorable mention Brogue

Attached: title_denzi_invasion_5981.png (336x336, 18K)

Who are you quoting?

>It's impossible to apply multiple genres to a single game
>If a game isn't identical to the game that spawned a genre, it isn't a part of that genre
I fucking hate you retards.

Attached: 220px-Risk_of_Rain_Cover.png (220x220, 38K)

Infra Arcana

I'd be keeping track of OWH 2 but shits all in japanese
Hexagonal floors instead of square is gonna feel strange

Elona+, it's free. Get the Elona+ Custom version. Essentially a self insert isekai roguelike. You can play without permadeath if you're a filthy casul or go so hardcore that your pets and companions can also die permanently.

elona.fandom.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki

Attached: elona pantheon resized.jpg (4200x1400, 3.11M)

Ah piss

Why does everything cost money.jpg
I started playing after all of the updates, unlocking everything is so slow. Even with gunslinger unlocked I still don't have a playable bullet, robot, didn't unlock shortcuts, a couple of stores still have items that I need to buy, still hunting 25 lead maidens, only seen black market door once didn't even get in, still didn't kill a special form of a dragon that you can get if you somehow manage to get lucky and get an egg in the first level and carry it with you instead of a useful active item. And fuck challenge mode.

FpBp

>Rogue lite, not a Roguelike
every time i hear someone say this, i want to fuck my eyes out in abject rage.
it's the same fucking thing, you cataclysmic cuntwits.
>um, okay, lol, no but, er, akshually, it is more of a rogue LITE than a rogue LIKE, because [pedantic stupid faggot reasons] ok?
fuck off forever

Attached: 1562553185896.jpg (1844x1210, 160K)

Calling roguelite a roguelike is like calling TPS a FPS because lol you shoot things it's the same.

Except that they're both shooters, you dense fucking moron. Calling, I dunno, Dead Cells a roguelike platformer is a completely valid thing to say because It includes elements of both genres.

nah, thats wrong. tps and fps just tell you the perspective you're in while "lol you shoot things."
rogue "lites" are inspired completely by rogelikes and follow all the same ideas. it's just faggy fags drawing a distinction where you dont have to.
you could make a game exactly like the original rogue but every time you game over you get +1 max hp or whatever on your next playthrough and dickwanks like you would be telling people how it's a rogue lite, not a rogue like because you keep shit and its easier blah blah blah.
stop being gay.

Attached: jfk.jpg (980x1200, 282K)

But Dead Cells is nothing like Rogue.

You would call Gears of War an FPS?

this

The run system is

all of these are unironically true

>95% of the games in this thread aren't even roguelikes
Fucking redditors I swear.

Attached: 1558998119229.png (844x476, 250K)

Broforce was definitely fun, but it's not a rogue-like, -lite, -zero, or anything else related to this thread.
Maybe next thread Bro.

Attached: Sad Fist.gif (650x299, 1.81M)

thats rogueLITE you fucking fools

You clearly meant roguelites.
This one is prob one of my top 3, and def has flown under the radar.

I'm proud of everyone (except 1 guy) for not recommending BoI, I guess people are finally realizing it's not very good.

Attached: Synthetik.jpg (1920x1080, 475K)

Awful list. Ignore this poster.

Don't know if Void Bastards really counts, but I just picked it up and its pretty fun. Its far more of a "lite" though

Attached: 1538545958086.png (571x818, 478K)

Should I refund Lobotomy Corp for a cool rogue or two? Didn't really like LC very much as cute as it is

Attached: 1537230404712.jpg (682x535, 65K)