Dark Crusade Thread

Because every time WH40K Dawn of War: Dark Crusade is mentioned, someone, somewhere re-downloads.

That being said, you know the drill.
>fav faction and why
>200 IQ strats for single-player and multi

Imperial Guard will always be my go-to for that sheer volume of fire. Nothing beats an artillery bombardment followed by a massive storm of tanks and innumerable infantry units.

I like to use Vindicaire assassins as spotters for my Basilisks due to their stealth, after the ensuing Earthshaker bombardment I send in Kasrkins to mop up the survivors alongside a complement of Leman Russ. I have won every single match this way.

Baneblades are cheating so i do not use them.

Attached: IG.jpg (368x443, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LKXxc7uVDLc&t=291
steamcharts.com/search/?q=Dawn of War
youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY
youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
youtube.com/watch?v=V2B6de1Geks
warhammer-game.narod
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shameless self bumpas i desire to converse the warhmmaer

>not soulstorm

Attached: 1347744633510.jpg (1130x900, 123K)

Actually, how is that dlc my good man? Haven't got around to playing it yet.

more of everything but shit campaign
sisters of battle is super fun

WITNESS

It "balanced" quite a lot.

I fucking loved heavy weapons spam as the guard. IIRC i cheesed most of the strongholds in soulstorm by destroying whatever objectives with earthshakers

okay howling banshees is some serious bullshit

It's fun, but avoid using air units. They are total shit except for maybe Tau and Orks. Sisters of Battle pretty much burn everything in holy fire, because that is what psychotic space nuns tend to do. As for the Dark Eldar, they are really faggy but you can pull off some really great strategies with them. In Skirmishes, the AI for the Dark Eldar is fucked and spams buildings due to the way its worker units function. Soulstorm has some of the best mods out there.

>arty bombardment *and* storm of tanks
>can only field 1 baneblade 2 lehman brothers and 2 basilisks

meh
i dont remember the unit caps being this fucking limiting over a decade ago

>dlc
Gas all zoomers

You get that for the smorgasbord of mods. The campaign can really drag on, but it's nice for something different.

Yeah Dark Crusade unit caps that carried into Soulstorm are shit. Space Marines can only field a single fucking whirlwind instead of having 6, or 1 single land raider. Chaos Space Marines and their daemon options were nerfed too. It's like they wanted to make everything that is non-basic some kind of one-unit only elite, but it kind of ruins the way you can be flexible in adding numbers to your army in different ways.

Attached: 1518532882506.jpg (711x735, 316K)

>when the propaganda kicks in

Soulstorm makes me sad because I feel we'll never get a new 40k RTS with dark eldar rep that uses the kelly revamp DE.

Attached: 1364935239313.jpg (1000x1673, 916K)

it wont be a DOW game that much is certain
meanwhile lets enjoy what we have and praise big E

Eldar won winter assault, Thule won Dark Crusade and Gorgutz won Soulstorm.
SPEECE MAREENS won the rest.

>youtube.com/watch?v=LKXxc7uVDLc&t=291

Attached: bf003b92f22197853dab0784b7c590bc--warhammer-dark-elves-warhammer-fantasy.jpg (474x797, 47K)

was pic related that bad of an expansion? I really enjoyed it but every review i read about it says how rushed/unpolished it was and how it can never compare to Dark Crusade. it seemed more balanced tho

Attached: 220px-Soulstorm_Coverart.jpg (220x305, 33K)

It was just the campaign itself.

Also the implementation of flying vehicles was kinda bad and obviously rushed to meet some sort of order. A lot of people were hoping for other units instead (Wraithguard for example).

dark crusade was garbage and no one plays it

Soulstorm is a much better game and has an active online community

No, most people regard SS as the best game in the series

Dark Crusade adding a decent ranged Ork unit makes me less prone to losing, thanks Relic
now make good games again

Someone post the Astartes video I want to kino tonight

Why can't you look it up yourself you cretin

Because maybe someone in this thread hasnt seen it before double nigger

Attached: terryMonk.jpg (990x682, 49K)

You said you wanted kino, implying a selfish desire to be spoonfed. Fuck you.

No fuck you leatherman

Dark Crusade is the shit. Soulstorm is a messy pile of garbage in comparison. Always loved playing as Orks vs friends in multiplayer, getting a lot of individual squads and setting them on auto replenishement to drown opponent in numbers.

>beating your friend in Dark Crusade when they play Eldar as the fucking Imperial Guard

Attached: 1560552110121.jpg (500x500, 42K)

This is bait, DC is utter dog shit especially online where the game literally dosen't work and is prone to outright crashing or desynicing, not to mention the worst balance out of any DoW game as well as the FotM bug.

SS on the other had is a great game, has good balance and has an active online community.

Clearly a shitty Eldar player.

you're a retard, soulstorm was and is shit, it was never good

>Started replaying DC today as Guard
>This thread is made

get out of my room, user

God, Guard is good. Love Basilisks.

The only thing that rustles my jimmies with the revamped DEldar are the Incubi. Old Incubi at least looked like a dark version of the Striking Scorpions Aspect Warriors of Craftworlders.

Bugged but tried to balance it all. However Dawn of Eldar was still in play.

THE REASON PEOPLE PLAY SS IS BECAUSE OF APOCALYPSE MOD. That and the modding community migrating mostly to this place. Check your facts first.

>oh noo the game isn't so crap that skill can overcome faction tuning

more like cringestorm

This is bait and easily refuted by simply looking at steam numbers

>DC samefag getting triggered by the superior Soulstorm again
lol

The wargear system introduced with DC and later expanded upon in DoW2 was the coolest fucking shit ever.
With a fully stacked Necron Lord the game practically plays like an ASSFAGGOTS, which is fucking excellent if you're looking to blow off some steam killing fleshbags.

SS fixed the bugs and has good balance, eldar aren't the unstoppable force in SS like they were in other games, hell a lot of people consider tau the best race though very few matchups in the game are unwinnable.

Superior in what? The amount of bugs it has?

Pffff. Yeah no. Maybe the most glaring of bugs but not all of them were patched out. Some being still around since Winter Assault and Dark Crusade.

That Necron Lord with his hunch, what counts as an expression, and his INCREDIBLE SPEED is still the funniest thing to me out of everything in 40k.

Angry athletic old man coming to fuck your day up and revive the dead.

Dark Crusade completely broke the mechanics of DoW.

I don't understand the autistic screeching about DC and SS.
But at least I have not seen that shitposter in a while

Fucking do what he tells you, little bitch.

You would have to be literally retarded to think SS has more bugs than DC

DoW 2 is peak 40k rts.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY
youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
youtube.com/watch?v=V2B6de1Geks

Keep denying it.

>Angry athletic old man coming to fuck your day up
Wh40k in a gold-plated nutshell

You aren't fooling anyone, friend.

I see only you being the one that's fooling everyone else.

>Chaos Knights up for pre-order
>Going on vacation in 10 days
>Still haven't finished painting Guard I've had for years now

fug

>he's still going with this shitty bait.

>He's still going with this denial.

AAAAAAAHHHHHH FUCK THE NECRON AND FUCK THEIR FUCKING PLATEAU

user

gat ghud

Reminder that Soulstorm is a much better game than dark crusade and that everyone plays SS over DC for a reason.

that is all.

Attached: Untitled.png (770x377, 237K)

Ultimate Apocalypse anyone?

>day 30 of DoW II campaign
>not a single dreadnought assault cannon drop
>not a single fucking one
How do I cheat wargear in?

UA sucks, it removes any strategy or skill from the game in favor of just spamming units aimlessly. hard pass.

DoW 2 isnt even an RTS, stop shitting up the thread with your bait

Pretty sure there is a mod of sorts that gives most but not all wargear

Been replaying it recently and while it's easy to get burnt out on I've been having a blast. Been meaning to try out Tyranids and Chaos Daemons but can't help picking either Tau or Imperial guard and turtling the whole game.

Attached: Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War - Soulstorm Screenshot 2019.06.22 - 18.35.49.73.jpg (1920x1080, 537K)

Based
>DoW 2 is bad
Okay. Go play DoW 3, because you deserve it

>DoW3
I've noticed, DoW3 is to the DoW series what SupCom 2 is to the SupCom series.

Id rather play DoW1, you know the actual good DoW game.

i like SS cuz i can play DE

>SupCom

Not much, you?

>dlc
Soulstorm isn't dlc.

Attached: brother-captain-gabriel-angelos-warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-32.6.jpg (210x240, 16K)

But 2 is the good game.

Pretty sure people play soulstorm over dark crusade because of mods. Ultimate Apocalypse being a good example.

I played Dawn of War a lot when it was released but going back to it and I feel bored really quick.
What went wrong? I can normally go back to games I enjoyed in the past no problems.

Attached: 1561142880876.jpg (1024x1024, 180K)

this, why bother with this piece of shit when soulstorm has access to every faction

Nice bait fag

UA is garbage, I play SS online and have never seen anyone playing UA

>Actually, how is that dlc my good man? Haven't got around to playing it yet.

First of all:
>dlc
God, is this a sign of new times?

Secondly, SS is the most balanced game as far as multiplayer goes but the SP campaigns are pretty garbage. There's very little atmosphere building compared to DC and the maps are an even bigger chore to clear. The flying units are also rather bland, for the most part.

I really like most of them. I was the best with Eldar and Crons but they're blatantly OP in DC. It was cool to get your death march rolling or blink in half your army.

>200IQ strats

This is a legit pro strat as SM/CSM:

1) get your Tacs with deployable weapons into a Rhino then unload them so that their weapons are set up
2) right click to move them all into the Rhino
3) drive up to the front and unload them

Now, as long as you don't move your units or have them tied up in melee you get 2/3 heavy weapons squads that don't need to be set up again (which means they can fire instantly upon deployment) and can't be tied up in melee (because you load them into Rhino instantly). Add to that frag nades (2.5 sec stun) and smoke screen (SM only), which is a 50% ranged damage reduction and you have an insanely mobile deathball that will vaporize almost anything but superheavy vehicles.

If it was bait I would say 3 is good. Sorry but 2 was the best in the series.

Both 2 and 3 are shit.

It was pretty bad unless you played multi or mods. Hell, even the multi was busted for a long time, two bugs made two races unplayable for polarizing reasons.

Necrons are low tier in both DC and SS, matches dont start at 1 hour in when you are at T4 with everything unlocked and you have a full army and max req/power. necrons have by far the worst early game and any good player will absolutely crush you before you can get the ball rolling. hell in DC Eldar vs Necron is a 10-0 matchup and is basically unwinnable for necrons with the game ending in just a few min.

Aside from huge amount of factions. The game is kinda meh, their roster are limited and battles in SP based around build basic shit>build strong shit which can wipe out entire map all alone>win the game. With some neat twist here and there. Campaign aside from special missions are repetative and boring. No cool banters, no special missions. Game just age "okay". Barely okay.

Who the fuck plays RTS games for SP?

jej
cunt

Attached: 1548918886283s.jpg (250x247, 8K)

Me. Kill yourself and take your gookclickers with you cocksucker.

Well i do.

Also, the tooltips are notoriously full of inaccurate information. Check out this site if you want to see actual damage/damage reduction across units AND if you want to find out what exactly an ability does (like Guide).

warhammer-game.narod DOT ru/wiki/Space_Marine_Squad.html

The values for Dark Crusade are separate (archived), you have to click on the link at the top of the page to see them.

I do. Still, DC was the only RTS I played online, got over 2k games in it.

nigger

Necrons are OP

Attached: necron.gif (550x600, 489K)

necrons are dead slow ass niggas

Shitty campaign mostly. Also some people like me didn't like air units. Having said that it's only version of DoW I ever have installed. I have it with Ultimate Apocalypse mod and play using the hardcore game modifier with a good friend of mine.
Vanilla Soulstorm/UA just feels too spongy. I wish they brought back hard counters like in DoW/WA.

>after DoW they added hardcaps on everything
The one reason why I like the original better same with DoW2, it doesnt feel right to play IG or Orks because you have a tiny ass army but it works when playing as Space Marines and Chaos

>tfw DC Tau Stronghold

>jump troop into the vag face and insta win the mission.
The Soulstorm Tau stonghold is a bitch alongside the SM

Where in the statement did I say DoW 2 is bad? I said it isn't an RTS.

>SS tau hard
nigga please, it takes a little time but setup shop near cannon and its all good, double on unit production

UA is good fun with friends and vs ai. Wouldn't play it competitively because it's unbalanced as shit.

Its very, very annoying. Most SS missions are annoying, not hard