WHY

WHY
WHY CAN'T I BEAT HIM HES TOO FUCKING HARD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 95K)

I actually stopped playing the game at this point. I imagine he can't be much harder than Demon of Hatred but I just didn't have the will to fight him. Got him to gun phase a few times then never fought him again.

He is easier than demon of hatred. Just learn his moves and parry everything and his posture breaks ez. I lost to him for like 2 hours the first time then tried again the next morning and beat him first attempt

Hesitation is Defeat

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

It's just one (1) phase, which is when he first takes out his spear. that's all you really have to get past, then just lightning reversal until you win
learn to parry and also use the umbrella if you need help

>beat guardian dragon or whatever
>stop playing the game after that point because my PS4 Pro sounds like a fucking jet engine
I bought a nidec fan, some thermal pads and thermal paste. I'm going to replace it all tomorrow, just waiting for the pads to come in the mail.

>Isshin the """"""""""""Sword""""""""""""""" Saint
>*unsheathes gun*

Attached: 1237927544175.jpg (435x331, 12K)

During phase 2/3 just stay away from him and bait him, he has less obnoxious options at range
It's pretty much he'll swing aroung then try to stab and you can mikiri counter, or he'll do a big jump that you can dodge and punish

I hate fighting like that but locking his phase where he's actually a threat behing 2 other lifebars AND making it so he can ill you in one missed parry AND having his spear attack being nigh unidentifiable swings made it so i had to play it completely safe because learning his moveset was too annoying at this point

Ashina style. Whatever it takes to win

A rapid firing one, too. Which isn't even present in any other enemy in the game lul
still cool in my opinion, especially when he pulls out the spear that was stripped off of general tenzen

I think I read somewhere that the Japanese title is just an honorary title for great warriors, which is why he also uses a spear or whatever.

You're missing out. After you learn the moveset it's really fun to get through Genichiro and Isshin phase 1. It's a calm and gratifying sword duel between experts right before Isshin starts cheating

I just stay up in his face. He can't hurt you if you deflect everything. Running around just gets me caught by the toe

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE 2019.04.08 - 11.25.52.08.DVR.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

I tried but i really couldn't be fucked
It was the same with Friede in dark souls 3, you can't expect me to get used to 2 different rythm then throw a completely new one at the end and expect me to take pleasure speedrunning through 2 lifebar to get to the good stuff

They should have had a 3 Lifebar second/thrid phase isshin as a secret boss so you can train against that once you finished the game

See right here, i didn't know you could parry his big charged spinning move, you know why i never even tried ? didn't want to get one hit killed and go through the bosses again
So i just assumed it was unblockable even though it made no sense

Holy fuck, kino. I didn't even know you could deflect that massive charge-up sweep.
And there are faggots who get filtered and say this game sucks lul

This motherfucker is too over the top.

>All the grass lagged my computer in the Isshin fight.
>Had to fight him in like 440 by 550 resolution

This.
The second time i got Isshin to second phase was the time i beat him. I didn't even die that many times because i restart if i die before the phase i had made it to.

He cheats with his spear thrust, after I mikiri that attack sometimes he's too far away for my counterslash.

I had more trouble with Ludwig than with him.

I think it is a bad aspect of the game that you can parry more or less anything with a sword.

You can parry almost anything for zero damage, even massive hits that should just pancake you. That's what makes Sekiro easier than Souls desu

Attached: they were right.png (1360x589, 480K)

No the posture system is good. Play it without kuro's charm and it feels much more balanced

>early stages
deflect and side step
>late stage
reverse the lightening

I'd say kuro's charm isn't exactly perfect
The fact that a perfect deflect still fucks up your posture by a lot is kinda shitty, the harder the game get in new game + the more you'll take posture damage even tough you're playing perfectly, forcing you to retreat

>mikiri counter
>try to counterattack
>miss
>during my miss he jumps back and hits me without me being able to do anything
>the angle of the camera make it so you're never relly sure of the distance

you'll know when to parry that big charge attack by watching for when his hand disappears behind his cloak

>Just handicap yourself it'll make the game good
This is some Project 60 retail wow tier of retardation.

Years IM getting by just spamming the block button. It seems like even if you fail a parry it just does a regular block instead

Your posture can't be broken on a Deflect so if you're doing it very consistently the Posture bar may as well not even be there.

It makes you have to play like a dirty ninja

That's only for after you git gud. They couldn't force everyone to play on that level of difficulty to start

If you just keep getting deflects, it cannot break. It will get to 99% and not any higher. If you fail a deflect there (either through blocking or getting hit) it will break though

I thought Isshin was fairly tough but not nearly as hard as the Demon of Hatred, fuck that guy. People always say it's the little guys in souls games that are the hardest but I always have trouble with the big ones way more.

that one run where I perfected everything and it felt like I was one with the sword
it was worth the struggle

You're still taking unneeded risk, it's only balanced by the fact that very often the bosses fail to attack you when broken , but if they had a better IA for this stuff you'd pull back constantly

Headless are the true boss in this game

>perfect parry of all the gunshots
nutted

the first few times i tried him were constant death until i decided to take a break. 2 weeks later I came back and fucked his ass up on the second try

So your reward for perfect parrying and getting a bit of posture damage on the bosses is to put you at risk of being OHKO at the first sign of slight misstiming ?

They were so fucking trash ennemies, they're almost a stat/item check

this, owl is basically the only boss that punishes breaks

>That's only for after you git gud. They couldn't force everyone to play on that level of difficulty to start
I don't think you get it. It doesn't make sense that you can parry the equiv of a huge tree falling onto you with a sword. Intuitively the rules of the game doesn't exactly make that much sense and that is the problem i am pointing out here.

Use the overhead chop combat art. It interrupts Genichiro’s second mortal blade swing and is capable of stunning Isshin before he attacks at times if you time it right and spam enough. Once you’re at the final phase it’s all about playing it cool and waiting for those ezpz lightning attacks

DoH was hard in all the wrong ways if you ask me.

Eeven then it took like 5 new game before i even got hit by his execution

>blocks your path

Attached: sekiro-giant-snake-2-600x300.jpg (600x300, 34K)

But there is a buttload of undogeble insta kill...

just bait the run attack and 1-2 attack him

By the way, I mean the upgraded one with the double-chop

I liked that he played like a dark souls boss, he's very unique in this game in that sense and you have to forget a lot of stuff you spent the entire game learning

It's gimmicky but he felt fresh

I feel like it was a throwback to dark souls/bloodborne fight

Really not that hard if you stick to the grass when possible and be smart
That dive into his eye is so fucking satisfying

Like what? 99% chance the attacks you'll bring up are ones you can deflect, because that's 99% of attacks in this game

that's true and when you beat the game you get an item that, if you give it to kuro, it will make you take chip damage from not blocking properly. it'll really make you learn how to play the game like it's supposed to be played

who cares nerd, he can parry it because he's got the strength of the divine heir on his side

is running the ultimate cheese in this game? you can literally just run and the great majority of enemies won't cancel their attack animations or don't even follow you. I just found 2 bosses that react to you running back, owl (father) and isshin. You can literally run, attack once and run back and repeat in almost every boss.

Attached: 1548202442475.jpg (788x656, 25K)

>what is abstraction
>what is gamification
>what is sacrificing realism for consistent methods of interacting with enemies and their attacks in the name of clarity and removal of guesswork

Pretty much yeah, but it just drags out fights. If you were good you could down a boss in a couple of minutes.

Yeah, you can also pause the game to become completely invincible. Enemies won’t even approach you, they just freeze. Can’t believe they overlooked this

yeah the hardest thing for me to get used to is just holding down the dodge button to keep running after evading, instead of always just tapping / spamming dodge like in Souls. You do a lot more zipping-in-and-out in this game

Did anyone else find mortal draw incredibly useful? I would always use it for big damage early on in boss fights and then switch to ichimonji double when their hp was around 50% to build up posture damage faster.

Git Gud faggot:tm:

the whole carp (and red eyes and master and that) lore was retarded as fuck
They tried to make it sound cool with experiments and that but is just retarded and dumb, what were they thinking

Attached: 1538046420416.jpg (576x1024, 56K)

I agree. It basically threw everything you learned over the course of the game out the window. Parrying is basically fucking useless 90% of the time and the charge attack that you just have to jump for is confusing as fuck because it doesn't look even slightly like a sweep. It plays like a dark souls or bloodbourne boss as compared to Isshin, which is what a high difficulty boss should be in Sekiro.

Red pill me on carp lore
All I know is that one of them used to be a man

Well yeah it's unrealistic that you can parry a giant monkey's slam with it but a spear makes at least some sense.

I went to fight the O'rin bitch way too soon and couldn't damage her for shit, instead of giving up i banged my head against her for HOURS before i found that you could just run , hit her, run hit her infinitely

To be fair, it is optional and at the very end of the game. I think that’s probably the best place to experiment with the combat in such a way

anytime he used a move with long recovery, double ichimonjis were hitting him left and right and uses less spirit emblems. probably safer to use too

It just brings the grounded tenseness of the game world down several pegs. That is why the 3 last story bosses were laughably easy once you learn that parry is severely OP.
>removal of guesswork
>game still has arbitrary rules on timings of when attacks can be parried, where hitboxes are compared to the visuals and when your own attacks will stagger the enemy.
>No guesswork
k

Attached: 1531518883359.jpg (126x187, 9K)

the fact that you have to fight him basically after the demon of hatred fight is really a gut punch to anyone thats struggling. It would have really helped to at least cut the farming of confetti and Emblems. But giving up before the end after beating Demon is kind of a sin too.

I think this is how you are supposed to clear this area

Attached: sekiro 2019.04.05 - 01.31.10.05.DVR.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

>giving up on the last boss
come on man

OMIGOSH 9001 IQ PLAY

I never got lucky with those lightening strikes. I always tried to bait them out only to run in circles for awhile.

The fuck are you talking about? What attack breaks the mold of “parry right at the moment of impact”? I beat the entire game with no items and never had to think any harder than “parry right when I’d otherwise get hurt.” I’m not even that good at video games
I also never once noticed hitboxes misaligning with the models other than one weird glitch with the ROBERTOOOO guy
I think you just have shit timing, user

>"Hesitation is defeat"
He literally tells you how to beat him, you can get rid of both first phases easily by keeping pressure on him, if you do it correctly, he will not be able to unleash his spear (this is where it gets hard) until a quarter of the third phase, then all you need to do is watch out for his thrusting attack and counter it with a mikiri.

In his third phase, his posture does not even seem to go down, so every little bit of posture damage you can inflict helps a lot.

Attached: 7193849131113.jpg (2528x3552, 1019K)

You only need to really learn phase 1. Parry right, dodge, learn his moves. After that it's win. During phase 2 he loses all his balls so walk up to his face and he'll prioritize retreat even if he gets beaten on the way. During phase 3 it's literally just lightning reversal.

The end.

>Sekiro DLC comes out
>The last DLC boss is Tomoe, the Sword Saint
>She has 4 life bars and is even harder than Isshin
It's gonna happen.

Attached: 1556039830746.png (571x739, 393K)

> he will not be able to unleash his spear
They patched this out ages ago. You can get in like one or two hits before he reaches down to pull it from the ground but you can’t stop him anymore no matter how much damage you deal

they straight said no plan on DLC
they working on Elden Ring now

I’m starting to doubt Sekiro will be getting DLC

Seriously? I remember finishing it about 2 or 3 months ago and it was working.

Source?

Sekiro was an in-between project of From that was just mean to tide people over till Elden Ring. It was more or less phoned in from the get-go. It won't get DLC.

never ever, they just move on with their new game.

It’s amazing how good the game is, considering this. It’s definitely not perfect and lacks unplaceable that FROM software spirit but it’s a really fucking good game

>still trying to force this meme after DSP already proved he's easy af

i was able to defeat him. It takes constant losses and retries to get his attack pattern down. all I can say is watch others play on YouTube and you will get the feel of what you need to do.

>What attack breaks the mold of “parry right at the moment of impact”?
Many attacks. Also the grab vs thrust vs sweep visuals are indistinguishable and you more or less have to guess which one.
Timing was the easiest thing for me because once I knew when attacks would hit me i could almost do it blindfolded.
My point here is that the game requires some tedius trial and error in its rules not to mention the enemy's magnetic attacks. Don't tell me the hitboxes weren't all over the place. There were tons of webms around the launch of this game where you could see the most ridiculous things occur.
A great example is when the demon of hatred charges you, you can literally be underneath it and have 0 contact with any element of its characer model but you still take 90% of your HP in dmg.

>looking up ANYTHING about the game before you’ve finished it for the first time
You enjoyed the game half as much as you could have. FROM games especially are meant to be played blind, but the same applies to most other games as well

It’s really not that hard, enemies always telegraph whether they’ll be sweeping or stabbing. The only exception is when Isshin sheaths his sword, because he does a shove attack in between the prompt and the sweep/stab. This really frustrated me at first but it didn’t take long to just learn that in this specific fight, I need to step backwards first whenever I see the danger indicator

My friend didn't even beat the game, and he got me into Dark Souls.

>those who can't beat the game is more scrub that DSP
lol

I have never beaten Dark Souls (always lose interest before I can get to the kiln) but I beat Sekiro

I beat Isshin within one hour of meeting him. Demon of Hatred took me longer (3 hours).

> until a quarter of the third phase
he regens all his posture damage when he transforms to his spear phase, so all that smashing him before while he's still got his Katana out is usually all for naught since he blocks most of your HP damage anyway. If you can get him to 100% posture damage before he even transforms though you feel pretty good

this use ledges and makes sure you make it to that hidden box so you can stab that fucker in the eye

I now know that “Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe” is a translation error but I thought it was the greatest and most fromsoftware-ish character name I had ever seen when I first encountered him

if thats what bothers you and not the fact you come back to life is part of the story? I dont know what to tell you.

They SHOULD have done exactly what they did and YOU should stop being a fucking pussy and try harder.

>these are the late adopters that never played Demon's Souls

Disgusting

>you can't expect me to get used to 2 different rythm then throw a completely new one at the end and expect me to take pleasure speedrunning through 2 lifebar to get to the good stuff
thats what video games are supposed to do though. Changing rhythm is what makes this game challenging.

at this phase you are supposed to rely on posture damage, the guy doesnt get stunned so after you counter immediately expect him to jump back and slash.

huh didnt know that worked on him. Mortal blade is what I used. it always gives a decent chunk of posture damage.

not him but attacks that arent physical like terror and guardian apes poop

hey these guys dont know. I mean hell I didnt try demon souls till Darksouls 2 came out.

>tfw enjoyed BB the least out of every souls game, somehow

Didn't they nerf High Monk in a patch?

Attached: high monk kick.webm (720x404, 2.9M)

Must have been 2spooky4you

yeah it hasnt done that well now, Plus how is this so clear and smooth? when I played it wasnt so clear and easy to follow.

weak bosses, aesthetic didn't hit anything for me, knew most of the mysteries in advance so they weren't the grand shocks they were for seemingly everyone else

also chalice dungeons suck dick

I notice that when you do posture damage and it goes back down, I think his posture damage easily goes back up again to the thresh hold you left him at and continue from there. But I was losing my shit constantly on this dude so by no means is he easy.

It's artificial , there's nothing hard about it, it just confuses you at first and then it's just a matter of getting to it , try stuff , die , learn the moveset and go on
You can achieve the exact same results with getting to the boss directly, it just add padding to prevent you from figuring out the moveset too fast

I wouldn't say I gave up. I just didn't feel like beating him for some reason. When I say a few times, I really do mean it. I fought him a bit then told myself I'd come back and finish tomorrow. Then the next day, then the day after that. Eventually I started playing other games and never went back. I still think about it from time to time I'll go back and finish it some day.

Just shut the fuck up you goddamn secondary

What a weird thing to say, getting back to life is clearly explained by dragon magic
The protag having the strenght to deflect a meteorite with his sword isn't explained as anything else but "he's just that good"

this shit right here
the posture break chad
the virgin runchipper

you can deflect the poop.

You can do it, bro. Even I, a stupid moron who couldn't finish DS3 beat him.
I believe in you.

I like senior Isshin better desu. Sword Saint was more dramatic but senior Isshin was a more thematically relevant fight. It felt like we were much more evenly matched and that made it more fun.

But dammit killing Emma was never easy.

Where did you get filtered in DaS3? I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me over 100 tries to kill Soul of Cinder but boy did I pop off when I finally won.

>chalice dungeons suck dick
You don't understand the camaraderie of picking up a 6-pack and getting dabbed on in an FRC spelunk with /bbg/ on a Friday night

Attached: 1549528878749.jpg (540x533, 86K)

padding? Sounds like that is what all games do.

still a more desirable system than souls where the criteria for parries is absolutely inconsistent aside from grabs
At least in sekiro you always know that it's a matter of timing

I think the demon prince, but I'm not sure. Somewhere around that area.

>secondary
this a new thing? I mean really? I wasnt even being insulting.

the champ and soul of cinder, it was like 5am when i finally beat soul

because he lives in a world where monsters are every where and the fact he has a prosthetic that acts as a batman utility belt? I mean you do notice there are dudes using lightning as a slash attack right? Expect your character to do super human feats when super humans are around.

no way? I didnt know that I thought you still got poisoned.

>100 tries to kill soul of cinder

I don't get it. If you've learned roll timing at that point he's extremely straightforward.

Do you just block?

>still a more desirable system than souls where the criteria for parries is absolutely inconsistent aside from grabs
THIS THIS THIS
There's literally no indication of whom you can actually parry. Using DS3 as an example, why are Pontiff and Gundyr parryable, while Soul of Cinder and Nameless King aren't? Why is Lorian parryable but not riposteable? Who the fuck knows. Couple that with the existence of partial parries and you've got a shitshow of a mechanic for singleplayer.

>can parry & riposte champion gundyr
>can parry iudex gundyr, but can't riposte
miyazaki works in mysterious ways

What are you talking about? both ishin fight are the only one where you have a boss to fight before you face the real one

again, all of those are expalined in universe

You're like those fags that don't understand why people accept that X universe has vampire that die in sunlight , yet reject that a vampire should be able to survive burning in the sun through sheer force of will
One of these is explained in universe, the other doesn't make sense with established rules

剣聖 does not mean sword saint. The translator just sucks dick.

Games are artificial

>chalice dungeons suck dick
you never played the game

Perssonally the reason I love those game is the exploration and trap/ennemy placement ,it's one of the few series alive right now where "level design" doesn't just mean "make the corridors we preprepared for you all pretty" but actually " okay how do we fuck with the player reactions/expectations so we can kill them "

SO when you give me randomised levels with randomised ennemy/placement and you make me do that same shit several time just to give me something to have unlimited co op to do i'm not exactly thrilled

>He can't beat him
SHAMEFUR DISPRAAAAAAAAY

Beat Isshin on 3rd try, fight wasn't even memorable. Many other bosses were more fun and difficult..

Attached: dissappointment.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

I never ever said that. I was just going by the fact there are super human beings, why not this ninja who can be reborn. so chill

i mean them changing the rhythm of the fight.

Kensei.

Ken - fist, punch, palm, strike
Sei - righteous, worthy.

righteous strike = sword saint. It gets the idea across kinda.

you need an explination for every shit they take? He has techniques and ninjitsu. If you dont understand what techniques do then that's your problem.

I died so many times to Ishinn that Genichiro became a fucking joke for me

Attached: tengu_(2).jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

with mortal slash it should be, the guy gets posture damage like a mother fucker.

Yes ?
Again ,the ninjutsus are explained in universe, deflecting the demon of hatred's foot is just to keep the gameplay consistent but visually it looks goofy

Am I the only one that never used the skills?
I never saw the point of mortal slashing when 2 exchange with genichiro does more damage and doesn't fuck with the fow of battle

Why does Sekiro do that thing where he gets hit and starts to fall and then regains his composure and puts his guard back up with his fingers out? What triggers it? Pressing L2 to put your guard up and get out of a stagger animation? It seems like you can deflect out of a stagger animation as long as you didn't just have your posture broken, but maybe I'm wrong and it can only be a block. I always just roll away first after getting hit, then start to deflect once I'm situated

>get him in only two tries without cheesing or skills
he was disappointingly easy, however the fight was still kino. all you literally need to do is deflect and mikiri

the double mini boss with one seven spear right before him was way harder

Attached: 1556273689141.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Just use a trainer like I did

>It doesn't make sense that you can parry the equiv of a huge tree falling onto you with a sword.
You could if you were strong enough and had an unbreakable sword

based

Genichiro is just an overal fun battle, clashing swords and dodging arrow fire. Never really found him hard as he's easy to deflect of and once he starts using lighting he becomes a joke.
But I think he's genuine fun to fight with.

hahaha, oh okay. It needs to be realistically fake real but fake to be cool but not goofy cool fake.

because we want to get this over with fast I guess.

>secondary
>played the games
?

O'rin is someone you can beat without hitting her once, just parry the shit out of her (although a little chip dmg will make this easier)

you might have to attack once or twice to keep that posture damage.

if you're lucky with her chains no (but you almost never are), but it does make it a lot easier if you do

cant hesitate user, no matter how many times he pushes your shit in

Attached: 1554659872615.gif (372x200, 1.93M)

>run in circle
>bait jump attack
>hit 3 times

Not really hard either, I did it on my 3rd playthrough when I was pretty drunk without getting hit.

>cheesing

Attached: 1556370829547.jpg (673x789, 68K)

He's not even that bad honestly, found demon of hatred and owl harder. Like most other enemies/bosses in the game, you gotta keep attacking him non stop and deflecting his counters, no chances for him to recover posture. The fact that most of his perilous attacks are mikiri viable makes it a lot easier as well.

>take over 50 tries to beat him first time
>get to a point on NG where I can beat him in one go
>charmless demon NG+2
>50+ tries and counting
>endless ejaculation from the joy of fighting him forever

Attached: 1465955614360.gif (256x202, 334K)

t. Shitter

I beat the game for the first time today.
Demon of Hatred was the real last boss. Isshin is a joke in comparison

Burn + chip damage is the real cancer.

Attached: 814380_20190708223355_1.png (1280x720, 796K)

>this video game doesn't make sense
I hate you people

This shit scared me when I first saw it

Demon of hatred was actually hard and much more fun to fight than "dude parry lmao"
Much more"emotional" since its the old shinobu that helped you instead of a tengu guy that killed midgets

Everything is parryable.

>grab vs thrust vs sweep visuals are indistinguishable and you more or less have to guess which one

Attached: Niggq.jpg (300x300, 24K)

>swordsaint
>uses a spear
>uses a fucking gun

Fuck you Miyazaki, you disingenuous hack.

I still dislike that a perfect parry increases your posture.
I get that if you always perfect parry you won’t ever break, but you’re always one hit away then
Whereas if you just block, it usually takes a few hits to guard break

Not sure but I was wondering the same thing.

>farming confetti and emblems
why? I had like 900 emblems left by the end and nothing to spend money on, so I just kept on buying confetti and emblems.

unironically the hardest part of the game that isn't a boss or miniboss

I somehow really don't believe that. Miyazaki presented it like this was his dream game for years

you didnt spend on your prosthetic upgrades?

I already had all of them by the time I fought Demon of Hatred and Isshin. At least the ones I could get in one playthrough without the lazulite from the Demon

ah well I was trying to get the dragonmask myself so I could power up