428 Shibuya Scramble thread

Just finished this, it was amazing 9/10. What are some good games (or even movies) that are like this?
Hardmode: You can't say Zero Escape, Danganronpa, Ghost Trick, Steins;Gate, or Ace Attorney

Attached: 428.jpg (460x215, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VMSfxGzs7s&list=PL810ABs3paT0UxL_p4owaerp6acISkIWK&index=55&ab_channel=Warpdrake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Occultic;Nine

This game taught me that listening to J-Pop will doom the human race.

May as well say Chaos;Child while you're at it

Shit I started this in september and forgot to go back to it.
I was only about 2 hours (game time) in I think like 11:30?. It was amusing but didn't feel like anything all that special.

Should I just bump it back up to the top of my priority list?

they should do more jdrama vn hybrids

remember11

Attached: hey.png (184x184, 68K)

Unironically my GOTY last year. I'm not even a VN guy usually, only other ones I've ever played are steins;gate and katawa shoujo when that was the flavor of the month. (and I guess ace attorney if that counts.) It's just that good.

you should probably play until at least when Tama gets out of the cat suit. If you still aren't feeling it by that point you probably won't enjoy it in general.

Attached: 1559176909318.gif (807x697, 330K)

Is the localization worth paying for?

Kek, I was engrossed from the start and I finished the normal + true endings within a week of starting. I'd say go for it, the tension, twists and turns hooked me in and hardly ever felt dull at any point.

And probably should market them better. 428 barely broke even when it first came out in Japan. This sound novel was also apparently a high risk + expensive with one factor being that filming in Shibuya is technically illegal (if you get caught).

Attached: 428_interview.jpg (938x853, 350K)

didn't notice any issues besides one time a random tooltip softlocked the game

My favorite vn that isn’t AA

Simultaneously best and worst character of the game

>mfw seeing the red text to switch over to tateno route

Attached: 1560341347010.png (500x341, 99K)

man being a japanese cinematographer sounds like an adventure

I'm surprised that I have to explain this, but I'm referring to the quality of the translation (localization) to English.

>get the one for Chad Stanley

Attached: [honking intensifies].gif (230x230, 67K)

>called the Tama is Maria twist
>called the the dude with the cane is Tateno twist
>didn't call the "Canaan" is Alphard twist even though I watched the anime because the anime designs for Maria and Minorikawa look completely different from their live-action counterparts so I thought it was a stylistic choice

Attached: 1546436427388.gif (240x180, 2M)

I know you're a DID patient/murderer and all but, mind holding my baby and go stand over by that cliff?

Let me guess, it's another cutesy looking mascot character that's behaving really edgy and evil and meta.
Also everyone is a high schooler.
Also violence because wow imagine if people overstepped all their morals

SEKAI WA SORE DEMO~

no, retard

Attached: dogbert.png (287x318, 110K)

honestly the Tama is Maria thing is one of those twists that feels so obvious I wrote it off as not being likely just because it'd be too simple.

you're so far off the mark it's kind of admirable.

yes, this is exactly 428 how did you know
also it's on sale on steam for dirt cheap
if you don't own it you lose at life

What if I already have it on PS4

Attached: 1534536254346.png (406x380, 345K)

You should definitely pick it back up, the plot gets far more interesting later in the day. Play for at least a couple more hours to see if it's for you.
Yeah aside from a few typos they did a really good job. That the game got a western release at all is a small miracle considering it barely sold in Japan, it's just a really unique title.

It's a good game but the first half of the is better than the second half. The more secret agent stuff took over, the more contrived and less interested I became. The true ending with the badass girls was dumb.

The vibe of the opening is so great though. Sort of grounded, but exaggerated enough you're not sure how far they'll push it. Just a really cool sense of exploring and adventure. The side character con artist salesman and the detective with the banana are better than what some writers can think up for main characters. Also an amazing amount of character development for a videogame though.

Not at all, you dumbfuck. Go post in a thread about something you care about, please.

Imagine being a close minded retard who misses out on cool stuff

Attached: 0E0335F0-9B00-46C5-9AB1-2C591968114A.png (512x512, 598K)

EVERYTHING IS BE ALRIGHT

ok

Attached: 6457834590735497.jpg (2560x1440, 313K)

I lost it when I expected Stanley to play it cool and just hang his head in despair in that bad end, when instead he lost his shit, the screen shook like crazy and this goofy music started playing
youtube.com/watch?v=8VMSfxGzs7s&list=PL810ABs3paT0UxL_p4owaerp6acISkIWK&index=55&ab_channel=Warpdrake

The House in Fata Morgana.
Its the best VN ever.

Which other VN besides The Silver Case series, Fata Morgana and 428 Shibuya Scramble do you guys recommend? Someone gifted me Higurashi 1

tell people what genre you want and maybe you will get a recommendation

How can he be the best when Minorikawa exists?

Attached: 1532632521011.jpg (263x231, 27K)

Excuse me, I think you mean best creepbro Kajiwara

Attached: kajiwara.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

Crime related, horror genre too. I also enjoyed Steins;Gate

Kara no Shojo

Try VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action.

Umineko (higurashi is intended to come first, but you may find it dull since it has a lot of slice of life)

Do not trust this fucker saying Kara no Shoujo. It's actually trash. I don't know about KnS2. You could also try Chaos;Child but I don't know how willing you are to do that without Chaos;Head (the definitive edition, Chaos;Head Noah, is not yet fan translated).

a man of taste

>not yet fan translated
Is it being worked on?
Will do, love the soundtrack.
Well fuck, I don't know who to trust now. I guess I should waste my time and see it for myself not like I have much else to do anyway

I really dislike that kind of scenario that built-up for the majority of the story and blows up in the last 10%.
Not that it was shit, but I remember forcing myself to play the game until like 18:00.

>Is it being worked on?
yes

the reason i tell you to not play kns is because it really does not do anything interesting aside from the graphic depictions of its murders and the ambience in some scenes, it mainly tries to tug on your heartstrings and fails

it also has mandatory h-scenes which are very stupid

>The Devil on G-String
Yay or nay?

i would advise against it unless you go in with low expectations since the mystery is resolved in a really unsatisfying way that relies on asspulls, the characters are mainly uninteresting, and the actual plot aside from the mystery descends into generic trash nearer the end of the game

also the side routes are non-canon and impossible