You have exactly 7.86 seconds to explain why you haven't hacked your switch yet

You have exactly 7.86 seconds to explain why you haven't hacked your switch yet.

Attached: 1556627809875.jpg (1280x720, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scenefolks.com/pages.php?page=4210
switch.homebrew.guide/
wiiu.hacks.guide/
gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number-read-the-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Short-Connector-Recovery/dp/B07J69PB5W/
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B01GGKYN0A/
switchbounty.com/
streamable.com/y1zro
switchbru.com/appstore/#/app/Dark_Red_FlareZephyr
github.com/exelix11/SwitchThemeInjector/releases
nydailynews.com/new-york/kill-mockingbird-author-settles-copyright-theft-case-article-1.1447993
youtube.com/watch?v=QtWA672fDEU
gbatemp.net/threads/openmw-for-switch.540250/
gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-faq-updated.517252/
stallman.org/netflix.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd like to. But what will it give me aside from free games and emulators?

Thats literally it
The entire point of homebrew

...that's it really, but what more do you want?

I'm emulation fag but not pirate fag.

I'm afraind i'm gonna get banned and never play online again.
And also, can it be undone?

But I have

Attached: IMG_20190704_1626229.jpg (4056x2704, 1.96M)

don't have one

i don't own a switch

>trannyshop

I play Splatoon.

I want to play some games online like Smash and Splatoon

Emunand

>he bought a switch

Kill yourself my man. Why waste your time hacking trash? What are you, 5 years old?

Have a job and prefer that the games I like get sequels.

Wheres the retard proof guide to do so? How to get free games and play online free?

Nobody has still showed me a guide that does not use paper clips or jigs or chink software or payed hacks.

I'm waiting for switch Slim or pro, due to the fact I at least want an unhacked version for autism reasons

I really don't want to risk detection. Also, do you still need to connect your switch to your PC to load the payload and use a paperclip?

Can you play online?

I need a guide

I'm waiting for the retard proof guide to get updated with how you create an emiMMC for the 4.1 warm boot exploit

Sxos has private mode
Everything else can use incognito, so theres no connecting to nintendo servers to be detected. And you can set emunand on a hidden partition
You can connect it to a phone as well
And yes you need to use some sort of jig

You can still go online via sysnand and run homebrew on emunand

>Switch owners
>thinking they can hack their console
wew

I don't want to.
I got no beef with the people who do, but I don't.

I have disposable income to buy videogames with since I'm not a child

Would be fine if Nintendo did not overcharge for games.

Me too, I just dont like getting jewed and pay 60 bucks for several years old game

Smash game
Splat game
Make game

I don't have the materials

>retroarch
Up to what system is the Switch capable of emulating?

I'll hack at the end of the lifecycle. Its too soon. Hell, I haven't even hacked my vita and 3ds yet.

idk how to

My sis plays splatoon online if i hack the switch, nintendo might block it.

not really interested in piracy on a current gen console. i'll mess around with it once the switch is no longer relevant and i can do so safely without any consequences

Fuck off underage.

The jig thing is dumb desu

buy used and wait for sales.

I just don’t want to.

There are no games worth pirating
yaba and mupen are still shitty

I still have no idea what's going on. Do you have a guide or something that can break it down for me?

I'm not taking the risk of getting banned from online and it's not worth the effort at this point I'm time

Cause I'd like to play online.

It's still almost the same price you idiot, besides Nintendo sales are just a fucking joke, cutting 5 dollars off a price is not a sale it's a fucking ripoff

I usually wait till the console has last support. Usually around then the hacking scene has figured their stuff out

Don’t feel like it.

most games frequently go 20 to 30 dollars on sale, but you wouldn't know that because you don't actually own a switch

>There's actually people out there who do homebrew and don't pirate

I don't want to get banned or dual boot, and I want to play online.
No, it's not 100% safe. I've been there with the 3DS, even if nothing happens immediately it doesn't mean nothing will ever happen
Our priorities are different, I want to play games I'm interested in and finish them, you want to fill a 1TB SD with garbage you won't even launch and make threads about how cool you are on Yea Forums

Attached: 1551787029111_4ewvainhfn.gif (300x300, 127K)

N64/PS1/PSP.
If you install Linux it can emulate Gamecube and PS2, those emulators need development to run on Switch's native OS though.

Hacking my 3ds was pretty fun but I don't want to have to insert a paperclip into the switch to get it working. Is it a one time thing or would I have to do that everytime I turn it on?

Then don’t buy it?
I didn’t buy RE4 Switch despite being a huge RE fag because it didn’t have gyro controls nor even Wii pointer controls
Why did the gimp what could be the ultimate definitive edition

No I want to actually be able to backup my save files.
I've been playing Switch Online for months without ban because emunand is flawless.
Also we now have Incognito which literally rips the system information out of your emunand so Nintendo can't ban you as they can't even identify the system.

This
I own like 35 games and I’ve beaten about 28 of them because I was actually interested.

Downloading shovelware like Hello kitty kart or Crayola scoot isn’t worth the time nor effort.

Good for you how about you actually play some games inside of being a Hacking Jehovah’s witness

Once you get it into recovery mode the first time you never have to do it again.

I don't feel like it.

dunno how to hack something

Because I don't have one.

Switch is literally 10 times easier than 3DS and no you don't need to do that more than once.

I like to play online. Going to buy the new model of switch when it comes out and the maybe homebrew the one I have now or give it to my sister.

what do you people not understand about emunand?

I only had 7.86 seconds to explain I didn't read the thread. If that works then yeah I'll probably do it.

Gonna have to go into more detail than a name.

you have to pay for emunand

Stop lying, faggot.

I already bought every worthwhile game and my Vita is a better portable emulator

Because there’s not a single nude mod for any switch game.

didn't we have a situation like this with the 3DS a few years ago where people kept saying "just play online bro with no emunand you'll never get banned" then suddenly a ban wave went out? at least the 3DS was worth hacking back then. no decent reason to hack the switch right now

>July 2019
>STILL need a jig and a payload injector unless you want to have to send a payload to your Switch every time it boots

Emulation is piracy

There's no point if I can't go online with the games I pirate, I don't care if emuland is "flawless" (it isn't), I don't want to have what is essentially two systems with different information and profiles. I refuse to use the EGS for the same reason
I would agree with save backup, but I'm paying to play online, and that is included so I don't have to worry about that. I can play all the roms I want on my PC, 3DS or PSP

hack you switch then have sex.

Wait, how did you get your hands on Panzer Dragoon?

There are very few Switch exclusives I haven't already bought, like Smash and BotW, and my 3DS is already the perfect form factor for retro emulation.

I'm a brainlet who doesn't know where to start. Got a clean old Switch and want to hack it. Is there a for-retards guide?

I don't wanna.

>didn't we have a situation like this with the 3DS a few years ago where people kept saying "just play online bro with no emunand you'll never get banned" then suddenly a ban wave went out?
literally never happened, you were always able to play even pirated 3DS games online then and now and never get banned.

The ban wave you're probably thinking about was when Pokemon got leaked.
Pokemon got leaked, people installed the leak as an eshop game then though it would be a good idea to go online and trade...before the game is out.

So on Nintendo's end they're seeing the servers light up with the eshop version of the game that cannot possibly be available yet, if stores sold their copies early they'd be physical right?
So they were able to ban wave those few retarded anons without fear of hitting anyone else.

Aside from occasions of retardation like that, bans never hit anyone.

Holy shit, OP just keeps getting BTFO
Maybe today will be the day he finally offs himself

Attached: 1514323511701.jpg (200x200, 16K)

I'm having 3DS flashbacks

/r/switchhacks

why are piracyfags so fucking pushy and obnoxious about getting people to homebrew their shit? why do you care so goddamned much? shut up and play your stolen games, faggots.

Funny talk for someone on a Homebrew thread.

Nintendo is the only redpilled game dev left and they make quality games so I actually want to support them.

because my old hacked one wouldn't turn on so i had to send it back into nintendo and got a questionable serial number that could or could not be hacked. too bad i updated to the latest firmware. Can it still be hacked?

because I'm lazy as fuck and have a pc for emulators already.

Attached: 12241533166.jpg (225x225, 11K)

No shit, and legal system is banditry.

>sent my hacked switch to Nintendo
You are too retarded to be helped

>too bad i updated to the latest firmware. Can it still be hacked?
yes.
All switches regardless of firmware can be hacked if the hardware is old enough.
Newer switches need to be 4.1 or lower.
Check your serial number to find out.

But I did?

Attached: switch.jpg (1280x720, 575K)

Not really. I personally don’t give a shit about pirating. I’ve loaded my hacked vita and 3DS full of games. Just this holier than thou faggot is all “I emulate, not pirate” as if they aren’t the same fucking thing.

it was either that or buy a new switch, i took my chances.

check your serial you might be okay depending on when you did it.

The question is: Is it as completely idiot-proof as 3ds homebrew? I'm retarded and need a step bu step hand holding guide to do anything.

Attached: 400px-Hopeless.png (400x400, 193K)

I did, then I unhacked it because I wanted to play Smash Bros with bros. Emunand is a thing again so I'm considering it, but don't you have to pay for some custom shit for it?

Attached: 4e50aab9bac30c7891c7589785d743a5.jpg (434x800, 208K)

Attached: malwar.png (1350x1080, 386K)

And? Do you faggots not see who I replied to?
The moron saying he is a emulationfag but not a piratefag is the whole point why I posted that.
Fo fuck’s sake none of you read past one reply.

>but don't you have to pay for some custom shit for it
Nope it's free.

It's easier than 3DS with far fewer steps.
Literally
>put files on SD card
>use jig
>use phone/PC/dongle to boot
>create backup
>enable autoRCM
now every time you boot you'll boot into CFW, feel free to create emunand to keep playing online safely.

Think of a NAND as your console's firmware. SysNAND is whatever firmware your console is normally using, while EmuNAND (an emulated NAND) is basically what you can dualboot into when you want to play pirated shit.

i have 4 other devices to emulate the classics on
and i like to support active systems with my game purchases

I did pirate Sun and Moon... a month after release. I still got banned. It didn't really matter because unbanning was easy, but it could happen again.
And even then, you can't go online on pirated games on Switch, so you're pretty much banned in the same way as the 3DS bans already
>lol they can't ban you from online if you never go online bro
Yeah, and you can't be assassinated if you kill yourself first.

this but unironically

Reminder to get a big sd card.
EmuNAND takes up a lot of space.

What medabots game?

I want it all in a nice UI, a guide tailored to specific model numbers, all the required downloads linked, and all of that on a single page with troubleshooting. Is that so much to ask for?

>And even then, you can't go online on pirated games on Switch, so you're pretty much banned in the same way as the 3DS bans already
>>lol they can't ban you from online if you never go online bro
>Yeah, and you can't be assassinated if you kill yourself first.
yeah except emunand.
Keep your sysnand clean and play online with games you own, do piracy on emunand

switch.homebrew.guide/

just buy SXOS then.
Come with a jig, a dongle, gives you the file for the SD card, has a simple instruction for morons on the box.

I have enough money to not care and I already play emulators on my PC

Do I still need that weird paperclip thing? I haven't updated my switch since late 2017 btw.

Attached: 1465941969044.jpg (240x192, 11K)

Its medarot r.
Medarot r got a translation a few weeks ago.
Honestly, If youre planning on playing make sure you can fast forward, because each battle takes like 5 minutes.
Healthbars drain too slowly, animations are too long, etc.
And the translation has some weird spots (like using the word hassock instead of bushes) and typos.
But if youre a medabots fan its still a fun game

I don't have one.

Also can I get the newest games for free if I hack my Switch?

>just buy malware
Kosmos is easy to use, kill yourself.

I'm stupid

the paperclip thing is used once and never again.
if you hate the idea of using an actual paperclip then buy a 3d printed jig online for next to nothing.
Your switch is guaranteed to be hackable if you bought it in 2017 regardless of firmware.
Yes you can get the newest games for free.

fuck off tranny

I never really understand these threads. Wouldn't pirates want people to keep buying games so that the company can keep making games FOR them to pirate?

Attached: deskdude.png (316x277, 65K)

Sounds like too much of a hassle and the primary reasons to get a console is being able to still get your games as physical releases.

Attached: 1535061555358.gif (498x280, 607K)

show me a vid of you playing online with emunand or you're fake news

no. intellectual property is a lie.

I don't want to.

I’m dumb

>Implying Yea Forumsitizens think ahead
We are talking about the same place where a Nintendo direct will play out and people will announce BTFO status before it's even over only to be BTFO themselves twenty minutes later because they couldn't keep their mouths shut..

Exactly, I would still need to buy games, it's pointless for me, this is something that would only appeal to people who don't care about playing with others. I can play emulators on many different devices.
Hacking it to play the 5-6 single player games I can't buy right now and probably won't even get to play for a few months, when I know later down the line I will be able to get them used for $20 or less is an unnecessary risk.

I don’t have the switch

how do i into this theme?

>who don't care about playing with others
Don't you have real friends to play in the couch with?

>using inferior hardware to play emulated games
jesus christ just get a pc it's not that expensive and if it's portability you're worried about hell just get a laptop

You should get on it the 3ds is wii levels easy to hack nowadays

>laptops
>portable

Agreed. Only reason you should hack a switch is to pirate games. You can buy cheap mobile devices that can play those emulated games on the go just as well for less than 100 dollars.

literally no one wants to emulate on a laptop or a mobile you fucking retards.

Yeah, let me just get my fucking laptop and controller out in the front seat of a moving vehicle.
Fucking retard.

>he doesn't drive

While not really wanting to hack my switch yet. I really wish to hack my Wii U.
Up to what system can I emulate on it?

Attached: 5867B6E1-95B1-4BB6-9506-EC99A0F3E956.jpg (463x639, 67K)

I don't feel like it
I have a pre-patch Switch so it's not like I need to do it right now

Emulation: Up to N64, alongside GBA & NDS
Native compatibility: NGC & Wii
wiiu.hacks.guide/

Can I play pirated games online yet?

On my yearly road trip to Chicago I’m not gonna be the only one driving for the entire 8 hour drive fuck that

>dont have to pay custom shit for it
Then what the fuck is the motherboard looking thing being connected to the USB-C cable?

Attached: hardware.jpg (720x279, 41K)

It's an injector. You can just use a PC or a smartphone (aka smart mass surveillance device) instead.

because I prefer to both support the developers and have everything work perfectly on my system. also having easy to use online functionality is very important to me since most of the games i'll play are stuff like smash, mario maker 2, splatoon, tetris 99 etc. I never want to lose any of my games or have anything suddenly stop working because of a system update.

even if online worked flawlessly, I'd still feel like a rat for not supporting game developers who make games I genuinely enjoy. the solution is really to just not be poor.

Attached: 2b ass.jpg (777x1087, 575K)

I do. What's your point?

I don't get why you're all so obsessed with portability anyways. Do you honestly take your Switch everywhere and also have enough time to sit down and play whatever JRPG you pirated on there?

I have money and don't want to spend $300 on another switch when it gets bricked by hacking it

I think that's a DIY payload injector?

In the switch's particular case, a dedicated web browser would be good to have

Yes.

Yes

Can I emulate ps1 games? Or Dreamcast?

>he thinks hacking your switch somehow stops you from buying games
Just being able to backup saves alone is worth it.
Fuck nintendo and their shitty cloud based solution that doesn't even work for all games.

Pokemon let’s go and splatoon are the only games it won’t work for.

YOU. CAN'T. FUCKING. BRICK.
Who started this retarded fucking meme? Nintendo shills?

Don't wanna fuck up online and the one emuNAND option I'm aware of is paywalled chinkshit

Attached: Kaiji ear.png (344x301, 225K)

nephew upgraded my switch firmware before i had the chance to hack.

Attached: feelsbadman.png (1092x1037, 27K)

which is ludicrous.
furthermore you can only backup a single save for each game, rather than as many as you like and it's entirely reliant on Nintendo keeping it.

Fuck that, I'll backup my own saves.

if it's a switch you bought in 2017 or early 2018 it will work, 8.1 is hacked.

honestly, it's just really comfy to be able to sit down on the sofa or in bed after just having sex with my girlfriend and letting her watch some boring cooking show while I play mario maker or something next to her.

in an ideal world the perfectly console is as powerful as a ps4 pro, pc or ps5, while also having the portability of the switch. Since that hasn't happened yet I'm fine with owning both platforms.

i don't want to do it. I did it with the 3ds and regretted it, ending up just buying back all the games i pirated.

I would really rather just have a stable platform where there's 0 risk of me ever losing my account or privileges under any circumstances. I don't want to think about firmware or anything, it's enough of a headache to think about system updates. Stability and reliability over everything, and in the end the only games I will buy are games I genuinely want to support and have on my system.

Attached: my switch clear joycons.jpg (1960x2036, 473K)

>and the one emuNAND option I'm aware of is paywalled chinkshit
A free one got released a while ago. Also it's "emuMMC", the Switch doesn't use NAND.

Those people should be in jail.

Those clear joycons somehow look even more like toys than the solid bright colored ones.

I don't have a switch (but do have a hacked 3ds) and have honestly considered just buying a switch and hacking it. Is that possible with the current shelf version of the switch? Or would I have to get an older model/version?

Oh shit, nice. I call it emuNAND because I was involved with that scene during the early days of 3DS hacking.
So is it ban-proof if I'm not a retard about it? Like, can I keep all my hacking bullshit to the side and keep sysMMD or whatever clean for online play and the works?

it's unlikely to find one still but it's possible, you'll need to check the serial number (on the box).

Older switch hardware: any firmware is hackable
Newer swith hardware: only 4.1 and under is currently hackable

yeah.
I wouldn't use emummc yet, it's very early and people are having issues with it.
Either wait for it to get fixed or just use paid emunand that just werks.

i mean, you could just as easily use the black buttons that came with the switch with the clear frame, but I kind of prefer the color coded famicom look.

i have no problem taking apart the joycons because worst case scenario if you fuck it up, you just lose a pair of joycons.

I'll get a switch mini when those come out and hack my.OG switch. Don't see the point until then

Is grounding the pins as hard as it looks with a clip? Seems rough. What's the minimum number of times you'd have to get it to work anyway? More than once, or can you easily get it to boot into it automatically after one time?

i got a patched one am i fucked?

If i had to do half the stuff needed to hack my WiiU then it's not worth it for me, call me when it's
as easy as 3ds or Wii .

Attached: 1512411758229.jpg (316x340, 17K)

Just something about the clear ones. I guess cause it reminds me of GBC and N64 which I had when I was a kid.
Maybe they look like toys cause of nostalgia.

I'd just get a $3 jig off ebay if I was you.
You only have to do it once, then you use autoRCM which basically replicates the same thing in software.

From then on you only need to use the USB (either a dongle, your phone or your PC) to boot the system, sleep mode doesn't require anything to resume from.
This is actually a good thing, prevents you from accidentally booting without RCM which would burn efuses and prevent downgrading when better exploits are found.

kys chink shill
>So is it ban-proof if I'm not a retard about it?
yeah it's fine

it's literally easier than both 3DS and Wii, takes 2 minutes instead of 30 or more that the 3DS takes

Joycons are almost a third the price of the whole system.
I baby mine like crazy to not do any kind of damage to them.
I never understand how people can just put them loose in their pockets without worry.

Backup your saves and themes

I play Smash and Monster Hunter online.

>let girl play my switch when she's at my house
>she's just playing Mario Tennis, really seems to enjoy it
>check joycons after she leaves
>fucking torn up from her stupid long nails
>can no longer play with joycons without feeling how rought and shitty the thumbsticks are
>literally going to have to open them up or buy new ones because that stupid bitch plays with the edge of her nails

Attached: 1531223200336.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

Does it do gamecube yet?

>pirate singleplayer games
>buy multiplayer games
>still save money and get to play online
Feels good not being fucking retarded like you cucks

steam in-home streaming
yeah but you have to boot Linux to do it

That's a good idea.
What are the chances that homebrew will he harder to do if I wait for the next version of switch to come out so I can buy the old model for cheap?

Yeah, having a second whole equivalent of a full SD card inside taking who knows how much space, big brain moves.

Some idiot will come and say that there is a way to not get fucked if you use online but don't beleave his lies, i have an idiot friend who got fucked by that, so it's not idiot proof

Yeah but Emunand is only available on a fucking paid CFW so fuck that shit.

Also, how big in MBs is emunand?

Sd cards are cheap and go up to a crazy amount of gb.
Any criticism is better than lack of space.
I bought a 500gb microsd for like $60

Nah I'll pass. I will say though, the steam streaming to the device looked great. I bet its laggy as fuck and the input lag is high but man that looks awesome.

Can the switch do anything a PSP can't in terms of emulation? 200+ bucks is steep for just some portable emulators my phone has.

>What are the chances that homebrew will he harder to do if I wait for the next version of switch to come out so I can buy the old model for cheap?
Homebrew at the moment is unpatchable on the older Switch models.
If you find one using the serial number, you can buy it and you can exploit it regardless of firmware.

Only the newer models have the vulnerability patched at the factory.
Those models require 4.1 which is going to be rarer because we're on 8.1 right now.

The new Switch model is going to take ages to hack because it would require a new vulnerability.
And the community is full of retards that leak any potential vulnerabilities, one dude was actually keeping one ready for the next switch model so it couldn't be addressed but a tranny ruined it for everyone.

Wii U takes like seven minutes.
Are you retarded?

Attached: C5pAXF9WQAE4j-E.jpg large.jpg (395x297, 23K)

Spoon-feed me
Is it easy?
What are the risks?
Can I play online?

Kinda.
Bricking.
No.

How easy is it to get the free games.

Switch can emulate N64/PS1 at fullspeed unlike the PSP.
Dreamcast emulation is coming.
Also Scummvm works very well for DOS point and click games with the large touchscreen.
It can also emulate gamecube or ps2 when in Ubuntu, those emulators need development before they run on the native switch OS though.

My brother said he did it and has 2 different instances I guess you could call them. One is the hacked version but then he can still boot it up regularly and play games he's bought and play online with no risks of getting banned, this true?

>Is it easy?
Yes
>What are the risks?
None
>Can I play online?
Yes

Don't listen to this retard

Can you play Dreamcast on it?
And what about GC/Wii?

you can either just download files from torrent sites like Gazelle games, direct download links can be found on Darkumbra as well.

The easiest way is to install hbgshop+hrt which is basically like freeshop except it's using google drive hosting as a backend.
You can just browse and directly install games off the internet.

Attached: 1532302143254.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

Because I don’t own one.

>Dreamcast emulation is coming.
It's already here.
Google on searx "Reicast Switch"
>Can you play Dreamcast on it?
Yes.
>And what about GC/Wii?
GC is getting polished, Rayman 3 already runs at full speed.
Wii is not there yet.

What types of issues? Depending on what you mean I may or may not hold off

/hbg/shop is malware made by redditors and discord trannies, don't use it.

>Switch can emulate N64/PS1 at fullspeed unlike the PSP.

>a 12 year old handheld can't do what a hybrid effortlessly does

Cry me a fucking river. Why are you trying to sell your paid CFW so hard?

>12

Can I emulate psp?

Not when i did it, the lesson i learned is to wait until there is an ultra quick and totally safe method before hacking your console.

Attached: 1542500075625.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

yes.

>Why are you trying to sell your paid CFW so hard
I'm not a chink shill. I was talking about Kosmos, which has emuMMC.
Yes.
>learned is to wait until there is an ultra quick and totally safe method before hacking your console
It already exists.
switch.homebrew.guide/

>"I want to emulate on the -"
>PSP
>DS
>3DS
>Vita
>Wii U
>Wii
>PS3
>PS4
>Switch

I know you're not still playing Super Mario across all these "emulation machines" you fucking pirate liar

>memetale
Die fucking faggot

not my screenshot, reverse google search if you don't believe me

I remember enjoying the fuck out of the GBA game, not that AX one.

>Want to hack your Switch? Make sure it's hackible with this
gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number-read-the-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
>I can hack my switch so what do I need?
Just need a micro sd card above 60gb recommended and a rcm jig
micro Sd card: anything above 4 gigs
Jig: amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Short-Connector-Recovery/dp/B07J69PB5W/
C to usb: amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Type-C-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B01GGKYN0A/
>Okay so where do I go now
switch.homebrew.guide/
Follow this guide and it'll walk you through everything
>Where do I get free games and shiet
switchbounty.com/
Make sure GoldLeaf is up to date

Forgot pic

Attached: BLEARGH!.jpg (107x224, 8K)

Sorry for the "cry me a fucking river" part. It seems Kosmos actually progressed a lot since the last time I checked the guide site.

I still want and will buy my own games legit but it's good to see how much the scene has progressed.

Do you have to do some shit every time you turn on the console? Or not anymore?

You can do auto RCM but it's risky

hol up

Yea Forums you're telling me that switch homebrew has advanced to the point where I can play offline with my pirated games, and online with my legitimate games, and not get the banhammer? What's the catch?

Attached: c2l0upcuc9c21.jpg (600x586, 46K)

How can that be risky?

>Hacked switch to play smash early
>Unhacked switch to play online
I was planning on keeping it unhacked for pokemon, but at this point, I guess I'm hacking it once I get tired of mario maker.

If you update and it goes wrong you can get stuck in a boot loop I think

None, use emunand and backup your nand before doing anything.

How big is Emunand? I have a 128gb card with 50gb free.

1) I don't have a switch yet

2) if I buy one right now it's gonna be be a patched one anyway

I'm angry at myself for now getting one when virtually every console was hackable. I just wasn't interested in its games back then. Now it's different, I want a switch but I'll never ever gonna use an unhacked console

im dumb :(

How do you hack it? Is it easy and full proof? I'd love to but I don't know how. If someone could give me the best ways to go about doing it safety that won't ruin my switch i'm 100% on board.

The gba game improves on everything that the ps1 did.
Better music, faster battles, better sprites, better animation, better story, everything. And I mean it.
Its not really necessary to play medarot R if youve played the gba one unless you really want to play another medabots game, which I couldnt blame you for.
streamable.com/y1zro
At end game, this happens a lot and its super unfun.
In the gba version this kind of shit only happens when you get hit with a destroy or a sacrifice part.

Use ebay or some service to buy it off someone, my friend got his for 215 and I helped him hack it

32gb~

Attached: 2019-06-30_23-13-36.png (1180x778, 1.27M)

No extra tools or "paperclips" or anything of that sort? If that's the case, this was a very fast hack.

>full proof

Attached: 1545882767241.png (625x773, 143K)

>32gb
Yeah I think I'll pass.

I'd just end up downloading a huge amount of games, be unable to decide what to play and then don't play anything at all.
t. experienced the same after hacking my 3DS

What's the difference between hbg/hrt shop and switchbounty+GoldLeaf?

emunand uses 32GB but part of that is the fake internal storage that you can still use for games.
For example you can install Mario on internal storage within emunand and it's actually physically on the SD card.
So emunand doesn't actually use 32GB, it just looks like it does.

Either get a bigger card or just remove some of the shit you have downloaded but don't play.
But do what you will.

You first motherfucker.

I dunno. Maybe run Android and make it believe it's actually nVidia Shield tablet, allowing it to play all the exclusive ports like MGS and Half-Life. Or maybe run Linux and play old PC games via Steam.

Because I still want to be able to go online with it.

I'm not a kid without a job who can't buy games.
Unlike Yea Forums I like supporting the hobby I love.

Read the fucking thread. You can.

everything I play is for the online mode. Well, 95% of my games.

I bought a new Switch at Gamestop a couple weeks ago and it was unpatched. I just asked the guy for his book of Switch serial numbers and found one that was unpatched and he sold it to me. Not only that, there was like 5 of them there that were all unpatched. They're definitely out there, user, you just gotta know where to look and what to ask.

ah, yes! I love paying used Nintendo games on sale for just $50! WHAT A STEAL!

Besides I don't want to get pirate's fatigue with the Switch.
I feel more compelled to finish and 100% my games when I pay for them.

>Not a new IP
Geez, I wonder who could be behind this post!
You're amazing, user! :)

this but also, is there a true benefit from using a custom theme other than purely cosmetic value?

>Tranny os

I buy many videogames
The choice is between "never playing a game" and "playing it and not paying"
At the end of the day the publisher gets the same amount of money

>is there a true benefit from using a custom theme other than purely cosmetic value?
you can actually fit more icons on the home screen without scrolling.
So there is.

kek

:'(

Laziness. Maybe I would of I had more of a commute,but I just use my PC when I want to game. The switch was a waste of money, honestly.

Is it hard to hack?
Is there a risk of bricking the console?
Will it lose the hack if you update it?

Im not poor, sorry

fuck off wifebeater
>is there a true benefit from using a custom theme other than purely cosmetic value?
No. Why would there be?
switchbru.com/appstore/#/app/Dark_Red_FlareZephyr
Install with NXThemes installer. github.com/exelix11/SwitchThemeInjector/releases

>Is it hard to hack?
easier than 3DS, easier than Wii, easier than anything but a flashcart I guess.
>Is there a risk of bricking the console?
not really.
you technically could if you really tried but the idea is to create a full backup of nand so you'll be safe.
>Will it lose the hack if you update it?
no.
When you update you're recommended to use a homebrew called choidujour so you can downgrade later if you want.
Other than that, as long as your CFW supports the update (all of them support the latest update currently) then you're fine.

Make it as full proof and uncompromising as it is on the 3ds then maybe I will give a shit.

no
no
no

read the fucking thread, it's way, way easier than 3DS.

Switch is already busted open. It's done.

Can I play online with zero chance of getting banned? Is it at an undetectable state like it is with the 3ds? I have an OG switch.

>Can I play online with zero chance of getting banned? Is it at an undetectable state like it is with the 3ds?
yes, the only difference is you can't play online using the games you pirate anymore.
You play online for the games you own.

doesn't mupen64plus still run like dogshit?

no.
dynamic recompiler isn't even beta anymore.
You can play SM64 fullspeed at higher resolutions without overclock.

>Can I play online with zero chance of getting banned?
Yes.
>Is it at an undetectable state like it is with the 3ds?
Yes.
Follow this guide scenefolks.com/pages.php?page=4210

I've been installing all my pirated games via GGn+4nxci+Goldtree. Is this still the best way?

>Is this still the best way
Yes.
Don't fall for the Tinfoil DZ and /hbg/ freeshop shills. Those programs are propietary malware.

I just use goldtree

it's okay, GGn is missing a lot of updates and dlc.
If you download all the patches and DLC for XBC2 off GGn it won't work, the DLC got updates and no one uploaded it to GGn.

i just use Atmosphere + DevMenu

I mean I get XCIs off of GGn, then use 4nxci to convert them to NSPs to install via Goldtree
Good to know, thanks.
So far I haven't had an issue with the games I care about, but I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

dilate.

Is the paper clip part a one time thing or do you really need to do it after every restart?

Samus looks awesome

Morrowind on a go.

>my console is possibly patched

Is there any way to tell?

Not really, just get the jig and test it. If tegra says no rcm even when you do it won't work

Attached: FiAE.gif (384x219, 1.65M)

one time

With all these advances for the Switch it makes me sad that nobody has spent any time working on a way to unbrick the Shield. I have a paperweight Shield TV that I can't do anything with other than get it into RCM mode.

F

I sid. Fuck ovwrpriced ports and no price drop exclusives

Attached: 20190616_113852.jpg (4032x3024, 2.74M)

I don't pirate current generation consoles.
However I'm planning to pirate a used Wii U I just bought for cheap

quick rundown on what hacking a switch does and how to do it?

shit, i didn't know switch has games on it.

New revision.

Hdd? Sd card? How big?

ps1 emulation when?

You can do it on retroarch

is it possible to hack a switch?

read the thread user

now.

How do I find people to share online subscription with? I'll buy you a gift card or something.

>hdd
yeah, great portability

Modern sd cards go as high as 1TB

I don't own a switch.

512gb sd card

Already did. Botw was fun, did mario maker story, currently on octopath traveler

if you have amazon prime you get a year for free.
maybe find someone who shops Amazon that doesn't have a switch.

Why are mods deleting every single thread I post in? I think they don't like me.
I'll be taking refugee in here if you all don't mind.

Attached: 789907ea3803148aa40c5d5815fd9e24.gif (640x480, 643K)

>Why are mods deleting every single thread I post in?
Gee, I wonder.

hows the performance? I want to play some ps1 games both docked and handheld

why do all white girls fuck dogs?

Haven't tested anything yet but banjo runs less than optimal retroarch, while SM64 is great

>hows the performance?
pretty good, though you might have to overclock for some of the more demanding games.

varies a lot depending on the game, it could honestly use some improvement.
you can play Spyro at fullspeed with a mild overclock.

Will AutoRCM make it easier for Nintendo to detect modifications and ban me?

yes

Of course I did, there is no point in owning this thrash otherwise.
I'm still not using it because there was nothing worthwhile released since Mario Odyssey

Reminder, piracy = theft
and threads like these create that encourage people to steal games creates lost sales, which proves piracy is theft.

Not a poorfag.

lol what are you gonna do about it?

no.

maybe.

Just point out you're a thief and one of the great cancers of video games.

Unauthorized sharing is not theft. If you want to see an actual case of copyright theft, then look no further than this one: nydailynews.com/new-york/kill-mockingbird-author-settles-copyright-theft-case-article-1.1447993

no, you firstworlders will pay for everything anyway, why I even bother spending my precious salary on this trash if I can just torrent it

I’m enthusiast-tier when it comes to PC but I don’t know jack shit about hacking Nintendo consoles. Like not a single thing.
I also don’t wanna get bricked or banned and I don’t know what the fuck an Emunand is.

Is emunand still SXOS only? That's the only thing stopping me because I want online.

Attached: Coulomb Fille - Vol.3 chapter 12 _ A mountain storm's feelings - 30_1.jpg (728x850, 193K)

I don't want online

>Is emunand still SXOS only?
No. Atmosphere/Kosmos now supports emuMMC.
It's called emuMMC, btw. The Switch doesn't have a NAND chip.
Follow this guide: switch.homebrew.guide/

I can just buy an RCM jig off AliExpress if I don't want to bend any paperclips, right? Don't want to accidentally bridge the wrong pins.

hacked my 3ds back in early 2017 when soundhax became a thing, people on cfw could still play online without being banned (as long as they didn't do dumb shit like play a game online before its release) and every firmware could be hacked without buying some dumb peripheral online.
right now switch cfw requires a dumb peripheral and there's still the risk of getting banned anyway so no thanks.

>right now switch cfw requires a dumb peripheral
it doesn't
>there's still the risk of getting banned anyway so no thanks
there's no risk

I don't own a Switch

I'm waiting on the Pro so I can have my hacked original for retro emulation and my stock Pro for Switch games.

my switch is the "patched" version
=(

i did, but didn't go into my emunand for a long time. all i play are my legit copies and it's awesome

Is there a list of compatible emus for this thing?

I'd probably hack my switch if you could go online for free. I'd like to support devs with sales but nintendo online isn't worth 20$ a year.

I'm not a virgin, so I don't use nintendo devices

Zero interest in the Switch or emulation.

Attached: wifn.jpg (220x180, 8K)

My model can't be hacked, quite sad really.

I fucked up and updated.

I did year ago, still no games

I'm not poor

29.7gb or something
also no, it's been available to atmosphere for about two weeks now but it's still in beta and I wouldn't recommend using it until it's properly done

i like playing games online

I really like tetris 99 and some times play smash online with my friends, if switch mini come out i'm gonna buy it and hack it

you can't play online if you modify your prodinfo with incognito you lying sack of shit

hbgshop/hrt is so fucking slow for me literally going 0.4mb/s when I usually download stuff on Steam for 75mb/s and 30mb/s on my phone, all on the same WLAN

There's ebay sellers that literally put hackable in the title, however usually the tablet only. Imo that was a good thing because I could get new joy cons, but no dock sucked.

Otherwise, there is a new exploit that runs on patched systems too as long as their firmware is below 4.1 so you could look out for that. That exploit works, it just isn't as reliable as doing it the good old RCM + jig way.

it has to emulate the switch's mmc space so naturally it's that big you absolute dummy
now don't be a third worldler and get a bigger sd card

Who the fuck would ever use a web browser on the switch? Everyone on the entire planet has a smartphone within reach at all times, which is way more convenient to browse the web with.

In what fucking world? Mario kart 8, a game that came out in 2014, ported in 2017 with a few extra features, is still 60 fucking dollars. At the cheapest you'll find this game for 50.

prodinfo exists on emunand and sysnand, if you remove prodinfo inside emunand your sysnand will still work.

don't forget to install morrowind on your atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=QtWA672fDEU
don't mind the loading times, it's been already fixed
here's a link to it gbatemp.net/threads/openmw-for-switch.540250/

Suikoden, Valkyrie Profile, other 2d sprite heavy games run perfect at full speed all the time.
Ganes like chrono cross I've read run at 60 with a few tweaks

To use it as a media center for your television in docked mode? People probably wouldn't care as much if the switch didn't lack simple media apps like Netflix.

you might be blocking google or something because hpgshop is literally a frontend for google drive.
I get 6MB/s (48mbps) and I have shit internet.

Mario Kart 8, a game released in 2014, is still 60 fucking dollars. And it doesn't come with any of the extra content(which is still full price as well).

of course, but from that post I've understood that he actually goes online in emunand

i already hacked it

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-09-06-26-11.png (714x713, 548K)

well i'm using google's DNS and incognito for protection, but it's just slow as shit really

no dude, emunand is for offline and piracy, you keep sysnand for online.

I have a job and can afford things.

Fpbp

friend do you not get it? the way that user wrote his post he implied he's going online on emunand and that with incognito

>Also we now have Incognito which literally rips the system information out of your emunand
seems pretty clear

>NOOOO DON'T PIRATE NINTENDO GAMES THEY'RE THE GOOD GUYS YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM
Why are nintendo fanboys like this?

Attached: 1562493925718.jpg (514x493, 141K)

I don't know, the whole "emunand is invincible" is giving me 3DS flashbacks.

literally no one got banned on 3DS though

I don't know how to hack
Is there any guide?

Someone fill me in on how to do this, I'm thinking about doing it so I don't have to buy games again.

I'm pretty sure I can't currently due to firmware and switch model

It happened to me, out of fucking nowhere. I miss having not to pay for games, so I might try it regardless.
See this

>It happened to me, out of fucking nowhere
It didn't, you tried to do something retarded

I'm doing just fine with my hacked Vita, which isn't fuckhuge for portability

Anyone know how to get custom firmware on a 3ds that’s already banned? Can’t follow the friends list version due to my 3ds being banned

gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-faq-updated.517252/

The basic jist is
>Check your switch is actually hackable by serial number
>If it is, by a big sd card, a OTG usb cable and a 3D printed jig off eBay or wherever (like $3)
>Download custom firmware of choice, copy to root of SD card
>Using either a pc or android phone to boot the payload you connect your switch via USB to pc/phone
>Hold VolumeUP+power and it launches the hack

Your done. You can do whatever you want now.

>jig
that's bullshit, all you need is pegascape

most people would rather not use that shit.

>Everyone on the entire planet has a mass surveillance device within reach at all times
Epic, enjoy CIAniggers listening to your conversations.

I'm being a big brainlet rn, is
>XAW1005XXXX
usable?

To be honest, I probably did.
Link please. I can't find a place to buy that jig shit

>Netflix
stallman.org/netflix.html
Torrent your movies like a normal human being, jesus.

I tried but it didn't work
think it blew an e-fuse or something

I'm on the latest firmware and have the newer hardware revision that can't be jigged or whatever.
I'm pretty sure can't do jack shit with what I got.

Fucking read you nigger, I think it is hackable tho.

Why would I have a switch

>netflix west cuck
holy yikes, imagine being a colossal faggot like speedonvhs jimmy and adamantium

I have SXOS. I’m guessing if I boot up my switch without the dongle in etc it’s safe to play online?

Half life, openLara, Diablo and gzDoom have ports and run natively
You can backup your saves
You can use your xbox controller without dongles
yes emulators

>playing nintendo games online
Didnt know people love self torture here so much

Attached: serveimage.png (640x604, 237K)

no if you have autorcm you use the dongle but hold down the volume up button during boot.
then select OFW instead of CFW.

Once I do that I can play online ?

Cant wait till i can live with gf
sounds comfier, since i wont have to take her home evryday

U can finally use 3rd party controllers without the fucking stick u have to pay for?
Fucking bought 2 Chinese controllers just cus they wouldn't do it

I mean yeah.
as long as you kept all your shit on emunand and used 90dns or incognito inside emunand you should be gold.
Also SXOS has stealth mode on by default, so you're probably fine even if you never used 90dns or incognito.

backing up EMMC is definately not 2 minutes

I don't want to be banned. That's why.

thats why real Chads download via gigabit to their pcs and then install via usb 3.0
fuck your discordkiddieshops

im not a poorfag

it only works well if your wi fi router is decent
and you have to have either your phone or pc on
xbox controller inputs > pc or phone > switch

Where are all these people who live in dustless environments? What the fuck.

The jig is fast and effect, i'll pay 5 dollars for convenience thanks....

Hold the fuck up
Explain that, because I seriously doubt you can play Morrowind on Switch

Attached: 1561324792367.gif (500x436, 1.35M)

Because it doesn't matter. Not even every pirate on the planet makes up for more than 5% of the actual install base. Piracy doesn't affect anything and never has, and the people who say they do are just coping that their favorite game is a flop. Even if 1% of the 32 million Switch owners were pirates, that's only 320,000 people at the most, and not all of them are interested in every single game possible.

I don't have a switch as it has no games that interest me