Have you beat Dragon Quest XI yet?

Have you beat Dragon Quest XI yet?
Or are you going to on the switch?

Attached: 742120_20180904172159_1.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

I played it on PS4 when it came out a year ago
I don't plan on buying a switch for minor upgrades, although it is one of my favorite games.

Attached: __senya_dragon_quest_xi_drawn_by_kz_ripo__264d3975580d58a50cf6eb382a19bee2.jpg (806x1200, 1M)

You just know.

Yes and yes.

I got bored of it after the Hard mode stopped kicking my teeth in about a third of the way through, the only thing besides the challenge that kept me playing that long were the graphics

Switch, so I can marry Veronica.

Gonna marry Serena. Fuck this bitch.

spbp

I'm still playing Dragon Quest 5.
By the way check this (Dragon Quest) 5

>stopped
I beat it two years ago, on a system that matters.

I beat Mordegon and stopped. I so strongly disagreed with the concept behind part 3 I thought it would mar my positive experience with part 2.
I'm not getting it on the Switch. I rarely replay games, let alone huge JRPGs.

>The Paperweight 4
>a system that matters

Attached: 636.jpg (1280x720, 633K)

Attached: DRAGON QUEST XI_ Echoes of an Elusive Age_20180904075925.jpg (800x908, 167K)

I'm waiting for them to add the new version on PC or PS4

I beat the first part of the game (when you go up to the tree and spooky king man fucks you up) and got a little bit into the second part and haven't played it in a couple of weeks. I kinda want to get back into it. It sucks that the Switch version has extra content, but I don't own a Switch so I guess it isn't a big deal.

I am playing with more difficult enemies and I found the game to be pretty fun. Not entirely sure why I decided to stop playing.

Attached: Old Man.webm (1416x720, 2.78M)

Will the enhanced version let you fix Veronica's height?

I beat the main questline. Got bored grinder all the post game shit to ever finish the true final boss.

>Not entirely sure why I decided to stop playing
Post game is a shit ton of grinding.

Nah, is it action rpg or what? I might try it. I support the idea of dq games being classic jrpgs unlike ffs, but i don't think i even finished any traditional ff or any dq, i just got bored

I definitely don't think what I got to was post-game considering there is a lot of story left.

Old school turn-based.

I have a 3DS copy. The only reason I could see myself getting the Switch version would be for the better 3D graphics

Well then you should definitely at least go finish the main story.

Why is Toriyama's style so appealing bros

Might be boring then. What about ff x and ff xii? They seem like aciton rpgs but they are not?

Cause it's quite original

cobblestone - home

Attached: 1553285075616.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

I actually mostly dislike the art style of DQ because it literally is just the same few hair styles and faces, you can basically just compare nearly every character to a DBZ character.

Creature design is cool though.

10 is turnbased and fast characters get more turns, 12 is mmo except there's very limited mp instead of cooldowns (but you regain mp by running around so it fucking sucks)

>named himself user
Yikes!

FFX is fully turn-based. FFXII tries to build the illusion of being something different but it's still functionally ATB turn-based and not at all an action game. FFXV is an action game but what fans it has aren't there for the combat.

Switch is a potato and won’t do this game justice. Play it on PC at 4k

Based

I was going to start it, then the Switch version was announced to have so much content.
So I decided to wait until then.
And this version has actual voice acting, compared to shitty accents in DQ dubs.

Attached: 1553278832795.png (600x600, 126K)

>ATB
Damn, i LOVE how ff xii looks. I'll try buying it used.

How can black bois compete?

I picked up DQ11 today. Anything I should know going in or general tips?

It's not uncharted, graphics are very so so

Yes. It's my GOTY. May actually buy it on Switch too.

Pick the stronger monster draconian quest option. You can turn it off mid-game if it's too hard, but you can't turn it on mid-game if the base difficulty is too easy, and even reviewers agreed that the base game is easy.

YOU JUST KNOW

get orchestral mod if on pc, turn on harder monsters if you want it to not be pretty easy, thats it i think
he's right, it is atb (with autoattack and programmable ai), it's just that the mmo combat i described is the same thing as atb

Harder monsters is mandatory for the game not being a cake walk. Be aware you may have to grind a bit (not to an extreme degree) and actually think about some of the bosses.

Sounds good, thanks.
I got it on ps4 since it was cheaper, I heard about the music thing but I don't care that much.

>Minor upgrades

I've been waiting on the Switch version since it was announced since I prefer to play RPGs on a portable. It's easier to lounge around a play a bit here and there for me instead of dedicating long play sessions. I hope it clicks with me. I tried IX years ago on DS and couldn't get into it, but my tastes have changed a lot since. Dragon Quest just looks a lot more appealing to me now then it did back then.

Ive beaten it and i am contemplating maxing out my stats for the newgame+ theyll be adding. Idk though because it might not come to ps4 so i dont want to waste my time on it like that.

it doesn't take that long, unless you also want full skill grids for everyone

Yeah still whatd be the point of it if none of the new stuff even comes over,you know?

>minor upgrades
It has extra content though like side stories for the part members.

the plat

XII is an mmo without the other players. so its just shit

But xenoblade is also like that and it was amazing. Plot and envorinment, music, characters is what makes you go on.

I guess. Not like the trophies matter anyways.

xenoblade is not amazing but it's better than ff12 because it's more honest about how mindless the combat is and it focuses on other things a bit more

It was amazing for me not for you, i guess. If you say that it has mindless combat then maybe i should ff xii as well.
>wow that game was amazin
>no, it's not amazing

Best girl

Attached: 8ca1707b7aead9e33d874d6cb05dee36.png (848x1200, 1.05M)

Ffxii is the perfect FF game, gameplay wise in my opinion. Only thing that beats it is ffxi. XII is one of those games where you'll be playing through it more than once most likely so you can do shit you missed in your first play through, or experiment with different classes for your characters. I wish the job system wasn't forced in the re-release because the fully unlocked license board on the ps2 was god tier, but I still do recommend ffxii if you liked xenoblade.

I wish more games looked like this. Something about the colors are really good.

Nah, waiting till the released the update on PC. Always wait a few years after a game comes out just in case they release a new version.

Going to get Switch version when it drops.

>minor upgrades
COPE

I want to fuck her while riding on top of that horse.

how long is the game? Im interested but im playing through FF7 and DQ8 at the moment but i also want to play 5 before 11 comes out

Long as fuck. If you're playing blind, with harder enemies, and plan on doing post game it is easily like 100 hours or so.

No, I didn't finish the trials of the Luminary but I can't seem to find ways to progress further and no I won't buy it again for a Switch.

Fuck bros I just want nothing more than to be Jade's puppy and let her step on my face.

I want her to fuck the horse.

Beat it twice and ready for my third time.

xenoblade has timing and interactions with the attacks, while 12 is mindless and every character is the same thing. 12 also has a painfully bad plot unlike xenoblade

i guess it's better, both are pretty bad though

Based

Attached: 5dc7d44cfceb88b5920ed0e8de4d3d1f.jpg (1408x2000, 1.49M)

So what marraige options will be available with the new content anyways?

I want to fuck the horse.

All party members

im pretty sure its jade, serena, and gemma

Not that i am some fag or anything but i can marry rab for shits and giggles?

not sylvando or rab i thought

I want to fuck the horse with her.

i heard you can play it in 2d so ill get it on switch sounds neat

does 2d mode have random encounters? or is it like chrono trigger?

>step
>not kick

Attached: 1545856151606.webm (1600x900, 1.9M)

This

What is it with Dragon Quest and horse sex?

I'm about to start playing besides harder enemies what else should I pick for the settings? It's my first Dragon quest game by the way.

You can live with the males they said

i use the no running too. the other options arent hard so much as they are just nuisances

Erik and 8th character are confirmed too. But I dunno if Rab and Sylvando will be included

Beat it once on PS4. Gonna do Draconian run on Switch.

platinum'd that bitch

turn based games are only fun if they're at least a little bit difficult

Good thing XI is. Also all video games should be difficult, not just turn based

I'll do that as well then. Thanks.

>user

absolutely embarrassing

I'll buy it for switch when it goes on sale. My backlog is big enough already

nah, sometimes it's fun to just relax on fishing simulator 2018

all i want is a mod to remove the green top from jade and keep her black top only. can someone do that???

got to some tibetan monk place but now I'm too bored to continue

Sure. Someone already did a lewd mod for her bunny suit.

there is a pretty funny part on the mountain there

I was going to play it on the ps4 but I got caught up in some backlog shit. By the time I was ready rumors of a Switch release were going around and I decided to wait. Now that we are getting close to an actual switch release I will finally play this and get my jrpg itch scratched. I waited for the switch because I loved all the handheld DQ titles/remakes. Here is hoping the switch doesn't run like utter shit.

I won't disobey my queen again...

I hope i can make Serena a aunt.

Attached: 1561225057523.jpg (500x711, 128K)

has anyobody here gotten the 1.1 patched rom of 3 to work on a psp or vita? i dont have a smartphone and i want to play the snes version on my commute

Here to remind you that gemma is the canon bride and wife of the luminary.

Waiting for the Switch release, I like to play long RPGs lying on my bed. The added content is a plus

bitch i'll fight you

There is no canon and that's wrong. If that was true you wouldn't get a choice.

Still working on DQ3, user. Looking for medals and grinding up for the "final boss".

Man it's a shame it's a nearly 30 year old game at this point and it was inevitable I was gonna be spoiled, the twist probably blew the minds of so many little japanese kids.

DOn't worry too much about the medals. Are you fight before Baramos? Also yeah that twist is crazy good.