Did this ganon actually do anything wrong? All he wanted was to bring Hyrule back to the surface

Did this ganon actually do anything wrong? All he wanted was to bring Hyrule back to the surface

Attached: Ganondorf_Wind_Waker.png (350x378, 161K)

he did this

Attached: images.jpg (270x187, 10K)

He also had two sages executed.

I couldn't hug him, that is wrong in and of itself.

Fix this Nintendo.

"this ganon" is the same ganondorf from Ocarina of Time and if you played that then you would know there is no truth in his words, he didn't do shit for the Gerudo, he just turned Hyrule into a wasteland out of spite.

This looks like a ps1 game inside an N64 game

>this ganon actually do anything wrong

Attached: 1561586737197.jpg (1207x899, 55K)

He did, the only difference in Wind Waker is you're hearing things from his perspective with how the Great Sea is a lifeless barren body of water and comparing that to his home in the desert being just as horrible to live in. He was trying to show Link/Zelda what they could have instead of what they know. He's still evil, but you're given an expanded look at how the Gerudo had to live. Not that he tried to save his own people, but you could say he reflected his time spent in stasis and saw the world he returned to and realized the people there had no idea what the Gods took from them.

Attached: 1546326898354.png (299x235, 94K)

That was his excuse. His whole speech at the end was just a ploy to get Link and Zelda to give up.
He says he's not going to kill them, and then a minute later, he tries to kill them.

No, he tries to kill them because Daphnes snuck behind his back and wished on the Triforce. At that point, he said fuck it and went for blood. Otherwise, he may have spared them for the time.

imagine a game where demise finally returns and you team up with ganondorf

Doubtful. At the end of OoT he vowed he would exterminate Link, Zelda, and the sages descendants.

He intended to keep true to his word, as he killed Laruto and Fado.

Imagine a game where you play as good Ganondorf and Link&Zelda are the bad guys.

Attached: 1547408445876.jpg (368x368, 10K)

>He intended to keep true to his word, as he killed Laruto and Fado.
That's what I'm saying, unless you're saying he's keeping his word by killing them and not from before Daphnes ruined his plans.

He's keeping his word by killing them.
He promised to kill the descendants of Link, Zelda, and the sages.
The only reason he says he's not going to kill Link and Zelda is so that they'll give up their pieces of the Triforce. He was going to kill them anyway.

i can see that becoming a fan game

Attached: good.png (256x256, 40K)

Point taken.

Also looking for this post, explains the entire situation very well.

Attached: Gdorf.png (1308x427, 79K)

People mistake Ganondorf's wind speech here as an attempt to draw sympathy, but it's rather to give context to his warped view of the world. Once he escaped Hyrule, Ganondorf could have easily conquered the rest of the world with no Lin or Zelda to stop him, but instead he insisted on going back to abducting little girls so he could get his hands on the ruined kingdom at the bottom of the Ocean. This is because the rest of the world was of no value to Ganondorf. Even after being sunk, Hyrule was the shining city on the hill he had always yearned for. Of course, in a fit of irony his continued pursuit of it led to the revival of Link and Zelda to oppose him one final time.

This also sets the stage for Link and Zelda to act as symbols of everything he opposes personally rather than just figures of morality. Link and Tetra love their lives sailing on the open ocean and Ganondorf mocks them for this on more than one occasion. It all comes to a head when King Daphnes wishes for Hyrule to be flooded so that Link and Tetra could be free to pursue the future that they wanted. Of course in the eyes of Ganondorf this is total nonsense because there is no value in a future without Hyrule. The fact that he heard the king dare to suggest otherwise is what triggers his maniacal laughing fit at the end of the game. It also drives him to try to kill Link and Tetra not just as his lifelong enemies but also to fight to denounce the notion of "future" that King Daphnes wished for. Conversely this puts Link and Tetra in a position to not only fight Ganondorf as the King and Evil but to cast him off as the final link chaining them to the failed past of their ancestors

Attached: D-Sh58TU8AAhx7r.jpg (1159x1200, 181K)

>Someone posts a screencap of my copypasta right before I repost my copypasta

Attached: 1364061844381.jpg (279x242, 25K)

And then they find a new continent, call it new hyrule and then proceed to make it hyrule 2.0

But it's Hyrule in name only. It's like saying New England is the same as England

You wrote that?

Yes, I got sick of seeing that scene misinterpreted and the true weight of the finale being lost

Attached: 1355703821312.jpg (600x1600, 303K)

Except they copied all of old Hyrule's everything, Zelda literally looks like the exact same as old Hyrules Zelda

Majora’s Mask makes WWfags seethe that much, huh?

I look into his eyes and all I see is that he wants to die.

Actually they copied very little from Hyrule, aside from Zelda's dress which is reused as is common with the Toon games, the symbols and traditions of New Hyrule are nearly all original to the kingdom. It has a new royal crest based on the Lokomo and Tetra's pirate ship

I threw that in there because I wasn't going to write that much without ensuring that I at least got a few (You)s for it

But that is my honest opinion

Attached: grandma_tetra_by_foxtail_89-d8zkzgx.jpg (800x922, 220K)

I like your analysis. If I may add a few points, I think there's also a tragic element to the ending.
The King is meant to parallel Ganondorf. He too, wanted Hyrule back. What made them different was their reasons. The King wanted Hyrule back because it represented a beautiful past, while Ganondorf wanted it back because it represented the perfect world to tyrannize. The reason why Daphnes chooses to flood Hyrule and subsequently kills himself is because he realizes that the only way to put an end to Ganondorf for good is by sacrificing Hyrule, while also giving Link and Zelda hope for THEIR future. Most people on the Great Sea didn't even know Hyrule existed; it would be selfish to keep it around. This is also why he chooses to kill himself, because he realizes that he would never be happy without his prosperous land of Hyrule. He states as much when refusing to come with them: "It will be YOUR land!"

WW's ending is very bittersweet. It's as optimistic as it is tragic.

I feel your frustration, it was clear they were going to try to move Zelda in a new direction, even ditching Hyrule completely. Look at the Oracles games, Two new lands with their own hierarchies and cultures, etc. We could have an expanded world of Zelda with different lands and even an atlas connecting them together. Say what you want about Wind Waker, but the message was a good one; make your own future.

As both a Majora and WWfag, I like both games for adding new ideas and concepts (Termina, another new land and Wind Waker trying to say fuck Hyrule, let's do something new). Of course the fruit that was born from that was after the fans cried and asked for Ocarina again.

Breath of the Wild shouldn't have taken place in Hyrule. If anything, it should have had a new name given how far back it goes. Hyrule should be a word of old even among the elders.

Attached: 1476663393477.jpg (833x1000, 522K)

>. Of course the fruit that was born from that was after the fans cried and asked for Ocarina again.
Better to stick to what actually works than a halfassed attempt.

This thinking already ruined Mario. Don't push it on Zelda

Yeah, Twilight Princess was definitely half-assed.

>Breath of the Wild shouldn't have taken place in Hyrule. If anything, it should have had a new name given how far back it goes. Hyrule should be a word of old even among the elders.
I kind of disagree, the fact that it's hyrule is what makes its ruined state work, obviously we haven't seen that exact hyrule but it hammers down the fact that the apocalypse has happened and the kingdom is nowhere near it's prime

>People mistake Ganondorf's wind speech here as an attempt to draw sympathy

It was. Ganondorf is by no means a good dindu, but the dialogue is very clear on providing at least some kind of understandable context for why he's such a bad person.

TP was Hyrule done right. It felt like an actual kingdom where every people had their little piece of land and culture.

Walking away from Ganondorf's speech with the impression that he's meant to be a sympathetic character because of it is like reading Mein Kampf and then deciding Hitler had his reasons.

so how does WW Ganon reincarnate into BotW Ganon?

>"It will be YOUR land!"
This is another line that gets misconstrued and you get idiots thinking the King would get mad at them for calling it New Hyrule

What Tetra was proposing to him was for him to come to New Hyrule and rule it like the old one. His response was to tell him that the new kingdom would not be his but THEIRS to rule

Explanation is not the same as justification

I will give TP credit for being the first Zelda to make Hyrule feel like an actual kingdom, but, ironically, the only other one to do this IMO is Spirit Tracks

Attached: splash__by_warningyou-d6drv6g.png (1000x1600, 2.41M)

Hitler did have his reasons. I'm not saying they weren't deplorable reasons, but they were reasons. Everybody has their reasons.

Welcome to adulthood.

>All he wanted was to bring Hyrule back to the surface
So he could take over it, again.

but twilight princess was good.

So, a perfectly reasonable response?
Hitler had his reasons, yes. That's good reading comprehension of Mein Kampf. The moral question is whether you believe his reasons justified his actions.

Botw felt like it was really missing something with Calamity Ganon being cooped up in Hyrule castle without any side villain to keep you on edge, it would have been really neat if the blood moons actually felt like holes in the wall keeping Ganon in place and unique powerful enemies spawned to hunt you down for a limited time

I didn't say that he would get mad at them for calling it New Hyrule (although I don't consider PH and ST canon).
The reason why the King refused to come with them was because he KNEW that it wouldn't be the same. It would be a completely different land, and it wouldn't be able to recapture the beauty of Hyrule.
That's the reason he sacrificed himself.

>Explanation is not the same as justification

Likewise, you can find a cause sympathetic in some sense without thinking it's necessarily justified.

Anyone who thinks that Ganondorf's speech WASN'T meant to be sympathetic is being willfully obtuse.

I never liked how OoT how did where Kakariko and the Zorans were literally next door neighbors to Hyrule Castle. It just doesn’t feel like I’m traversing and adventuring when I can walk a block from CT and end up in Zora territory.
>Spirit Tracks
How did it do it?

>This
the yiga clan was a missed oportunity for a good side villain. instead you fight an absurdly easy boss and nothing comes out of it

>How did it do it?
Because, although empty, needing a train to travel between locations rather than going by foot like in the other titles allows the world to feel much larger

Attached: 1903.jpg (512x470, 111K)

Always found it weird how OoT used a pre rendered background exactly on one single place and nowhere else.

I'm pretty sure the insides of buldings were pre-rendered

I see what you mean, in a sense.

Not him, but the train tracks connecting all over Hyrule and the delivery/passenger system adds a new layer to the world. It's still my favorite modern Zelda and Spirit Zelda still has yet to be topped. After Link saves the day, he's still making rounds over the land if you pick Conductor as your choice when you talk to Zelda.

>he's still making rounds over the land if you pick Conductor as your choice when you talk to Zelda.
The soldier ending is too adorable to not choose

Attached: D7QkUSnUYAALQW5.jpg (823x1024, 138K)

>"this ganon" is the same ganondorf from Ocarina of Time
He really let himself go.

Attached: Ganondorf_-_Ocarina_of_Time_3D.jpg (1600x1600, 204K)

Man I completely forgot about those guys which just makes it more evident of how far they missed the target. Imagine though if those blood moon segments had a similar feel to the trials in Skyward Sword, shit would make Calamity Ganon feel enough of an imposing threat that I wouldn't need a side jobber to keep me on edge

>Link and Zelda defeat gannon/demise
>30 years later, Gdorf reincarnates, absent of Demise
>Link is still butt hurt about you existing, he needs a fight to prove that he needs to exist.
>Zelda kinda freaks out, because if demise is gone, then there is no reason for her and Link to return. They are actually going to die this time.
>[Insert big bad] shows up, starts fucking shit up.
>Link is old, and out of practice. He gets himself killed fast
>Zelda panics, realizes that she failed Link.
>Time for Gdorf to be the mother...fucking...king
>Game is mostly Gdorf getting hella chicks, casting bad ass spells, flying around, not giving a shit.
>No trials to gain power, you are already the greatest SOB on the board
>No need to prove yourself, you are a king, do what you want to do
>Cant be everywhere at once, so you got to recruit some bad asses to help control the field
>Tricky part is in restraint. Sure you could nuke that demon thing stomping around town, but that will kill your friends too. So you got to kill that demon in a way that keeps your buddies alive.
>Or not, fuck um

I was with you until until the 8th point. That's just being indulgent.

Yes. He's the same man as OoT Ganon and all the event of OoT still happened for him, and the reason Hyrule was frozen in time beneath the ocean was because of his severe, brutal invasion upon breaking the seal. He's also in denial about the Great Sea, as Outset Island is a fishing village, and removing the ocean would ruin everyone's way of life and probably cause a massive death toll, all for a bloodstained land of misery that had clearly seen ancient better days even in OoT's era. What's more, he has even forgotten his true goal; Hyrule was merely a stepping stone to his conquest of the entire world in Ocarina of Time. Finally, in the Japanese version of the game he never even mentions the Gerudo, only complaining about his own life, and he tries to murder the children out of spite.

Even The Wind Waker's Ganon did a lot wrong.

Attached: Ganondorf_by_super_fergus.jpg (300x571, 19K)

Killing innocent people is wrong

Who has Ganondorf actually killed?

>innocent
They were guilty. All of them.

And that continent had none of the same problems as the old Hyrule until some asshole named Malladus came along and he was promptly destroyed. Who give a shit if they call it Hyrule?

He kills multiple Sages

>This is a serious question

Who here has actually played the fucking games at this point?

Fuck him. He's a lying nigger. If he actually cared about Hyrule or his people he wouldn't have trashed it for 7 years or left the Gerudo to rot in their desert shithole.

>Kind of the Gerudo
>Sweaty, fit amazons who will make your their king and fuck you endlessly
>Left to go be gay in his castle

Fuck Ganondorf, he's ungrateful as fuck

That is OOT Ganon. He did everything wrong and didn't even help the Gerudo. Perhaps it was his jealousy of Hyrule when he was young that first broke him, but it doesn't matter he's a cunt.

Because the whole theme of wind waker was letting go of the past and making your own future and then the ds games make the character abandon their own lifestyle to form a kingdom based off the hyrule of the past, it just feels like a kick in the face

The only instance I can recall Ganondorf being directly linked to someone's death is the Deku Tree and the gorons at Death Mountain.

see

Attached: 1554783197060.png (1280x1451, 1.52M)

>Abandon their own lifestyle

Just because they didn't have any desire or need to bring back Hyrule doesn't mean they can't aspire to find a new land or way of life.

You and the other two guys who bring this up every thread need to let go of that shit. Especially considering New Hyrule is pretty fucking different from every Hyrule before it.

Bringing this up has never been some kind of sharp criticism of the DS games. There's nothing wrong with them calling it New Hyrule.

If you're talking about the redeads, those are just clay golems.

Nigga looks like he takes orders from Zapp Brannigan

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT WIND WAKER DORF IS SO FUCKING BASED THAT GAME IS PURE SOUL AND THE CUTSCENES ARE PURE CONCENTRATED KINO

Attached: 1555383928198.png (287x443, 298K)

Melee made that up and Majora's Mask proves it wrong. Citizens obviously died in the destruction of Hyrule Castle Town, and the entire military is dead except for the Poe Salesman.