Cadence of Hyrule Thread?

Cadence of Hyrule Thread?
How you guys enjoying it?
Has the Random Generation fucked you over yet like pic related?
I have no fucking clue how to get to it.

Attached: D9HXZ57U0AEiDJD.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

Walk above the boulder at the top

Can't, it blocks it.

seems like a glitch, try to report it to the devs?

I don't really know where the best place to send it to them outside of Twitter, they haven't responded to my tweet.

idk user, maybe check if the devs are active on reddit or something? Not sure what else to suggest

if you go to their website it gives you links to all their social media, so you could even post about it on their face book

Can talk about Crypt of the Necrodancer?
I'm getting my ass kicked in zone 3.
Also FUCK the glass key.

sure, many people bought the OG during the sale too
and why single-zone Zone 2 with Cadence such a huge difficulty spike?
>you can get mobbed by shielded-skellies extremely early
>the wind mages
i can do all-zone easily, but this is hell
even have to bomb the shopkeeper cause no way i can amass 400 for the gold key

I played it a bit ago and beat the Necrodancer as Cadence, the other girl and Aria. Had tons of fun getting my shit kicked over and over and the adrenaline rush was pretty sweet. What's new since then? Is the expansion worth it?

Honestly I feel like the procedural generation should have been limited to the dungeons with the overworld being hand crafted.

OP here, you can go around it at the bottom.
Hard as fuck to see.

I feel kinda the opposite - the proc gen should be improved as I've already seen similar prefabs and repeats. In particular, more puzzle elements and fewer small/empty grottoes should be present - it's a dungeon generator, so why don't they have more minidungeons instead?
That said, it's a pretty good game, hoping the devs will continue support on it like they did with necrodancer

Procedurally generated levels and world map are always cancer. They have all these prefabs, and they could easily make a single 'vanilla' world map, with random generation there for people that are into replaying it

I should state that despite this I am loving the game, it's just one of those instances where a few small changes could VASTLY improve the whole experience, go from a 8 to a 9, easily

that's obvious given the checkboard pattern

Playing OG crypt and holy shit the reaper is OP as fuck. who thought this was a good idea
>kill stuffs for soul
>that can kill more stuffs for you
>and generate more soul as they kill stuffs

nah thats dumb
if its obscured like that it shouldnt be accounted for as an open path in the level generation

I still don't see the opening but I'll take your word for it op

bump

What is the diamond tiket for?

The overworld is randomly generated?

>best yves run yesterday was 5 hours 20 minutes with 271 deaths
>best yves run today is 3 hours 37 minutes with 48 deaths
So how long until the first successful permadeath yves run?

Yeah you honestly can't see it.
I was on the Discord and someone suggested it and I was outta ideas so I tried it anyway.

The Diamonds act as a currency in Crypt of the Necrodancer and Cadence of Hyrule.
Usually to buy upgrades.

Yeah.
I mean there are some areas that aren't, but their locations in the overworld are...I'm just assuming tho, I've seen Vinny play the game and some bits of the world I have seen in my game.

Loving it so far.
It's a lot easier than Necrodancer, once I got a few key items I was unstoppable. The first dungeon was tricky because I had next to nothing.

>Been only using the broad sword
So far I'm not seeing a reason to not use this besides the longer ranged weapons.

How the fuck does the deku leaf puzzle work ? Do I need a certain Item ?

I collected a bunch of deku seeds but after talking to tingle, who asks for ten, i couldnt see tbem in my inventory, now I found 2 more andthere are 2 in my inventory wtf happened to the ones from before

But the ticket haven't given me any extra diamonds, it's just an icun under the diamond count

Is it playable with a pro controller

Really seems like you'd need a d-pad and the joycons are too small for my gigantic oaf hands

Just found the flail, how the fuck does it work? I tried using it but kept getting hit as I was using it or something.
It's pretty fun so far. I found what I assume is the water dungeon but I haven't found the flippers yet.

Tried that, ended up getting fucked by Iron Knuckles since getting behind them is the most effective way to eliminate them. Broadsword causes you to get stuck hitting them for no damage and unable to move. Good luck if you have two of them in the same area, navigating around them becomes a nightmare.

Spears and long swords are they way to go.

If you have the launch pro controller then probably not. Been playing it fine with what I bought recently, but I've seen what it looks like with the launch pro controller and it's pretty bad

I hear it's short. Worth 25 dolladydoos?

no

every new game is a new random seed so if you like replay value this game does got that.

flails and wideswords are better used indirectly, fighting as you move from side to side. i accidently the Gomarachas just by moving left and right with him

If you see yourself playing multiple playthroughs, maybe. Otherwise hell no. Pick up Crypt on sale to see if you like the basic gameplay of the series.

imagine an L shape and you got the hitbox of the flail. the flippers you'll need to wake not-Sidan up using a sub item.

>It's a lot easier than Necrodancer
This is good to hear. I was shit at OG Necrodancer, but i loved the idea of it.

I've been using the D-pad on my launch pro controller and it's been fine. Maybe I got a good one.

I just beat it, great game but I feel like the procedurally-generated overworld and dungeons don't encourage you to use most of your items for puzzles or exploration, or even in combat.

Against enemies, I mostly used a lance with +2 damage (felt like it was a really overpowered weapon, I might do another run without using it), the bow, and the feather (works great when you get the plunging attack).

Played it and had fun, but there's not really enough content to justify 25€:
I hope it sells well enough for them to give the game some free content updates in the future.

>Do puzzle
>Get yet more rupees
>Already have 2K+
>Nothing to really spend it on
Oh boy, can't wait to die at some point and have it all go to waste.

its aight

Spend it all on the bombchu game

I know exactly what they were thinking: "Easy mode for Switch kiddies"

>Literally just found it
Clearly this is a sign.

>Try daily challenge
>lynel on the second screen
It really seems like a lot of the generator rules go out the window in daily challenge mode.

>get used to every enemy's attack pattern
>can now dispatch a diverse enemy mob without losing the beat
>managed to clear an entire dungeon with only one missed beat
>still get hit by tiny chuchus

Attached: 2ko532.jpg (967x841, 459K)

There's an octorok next to the chest I can't kill. Luckily the chest just contains some Skull Charm or something.

Attached: D9LtkDBU8AAjvc1.jpg (1200x675, 151K)

Those little fuckers

Ticket?
Can you highlight it in my pic, I might have the wrong idea.